Lost and Alone (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Lost and Alone (Ryshaltze and Ora Sa'vina)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 26th, 2010, 6:20 am

Ora contently walked along the path next to Ryshaltze, her eyes going from watching her own leather covered feet to his. As he spoke a smile creeped over Ora's face. "I am glad to hear that, but please, do call me Ora, it is so odd to be called anything but that."

As his feet halted, hers did as well and the violet eyes moved from the ground up to see what was around her. It was a busy area, with many buildings close together. Various places to stay and eat, she wouldn't have trouble surviving here. Ryshaltze continued to talk to her, the violet eyes went from moving slowly and calmly across the landscape to snapping back towards the man that was leading her. "What do you mean, registrations?" she asked with a worried voice. Anything political was always taken care of by the mother's circle and Ora had no place there, she hadn't had to deal with paper work or bureaucracy at all in her life.

Her eyes darted from Ryshaltze to the area around her like a startled squirrel. Calm down, it's probably simple and much easier than you're making it out to be. She reassured herself. "Where would I go for such things?" She asked after collecting herself.

Her eyes moved back to Ryshaltze. "Of course, I would have time to eat and settle. Water would be lovely..." She said with a small internal happiness. Nothing made Ora quite as happy as being completely surrounded by water, her feet gracing the floor of the sea as she quietly practiced dancing on her own. A twinge of sadness hit her, she wouldn't be able to dance on the floor of any body of water for at least a short while.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ryshaltze on July 26th, 2010, 6:35 am

Ryshaltze chuckled when the Konti voiced out her worries about the registration. He empathized with her, for he was not a fan of the paperwork and red tape that developed systems in society tended to develop. Fortunately, in a system such as that of Syliras, civil corruption was minimal (or non-existent) and applications tended to be processed efficiently.

"There is no need for worry, Ora. Lodging in Syliras are managed by the Knights." He pointed towards a room nearby.

"That is the office of the Housing Authority. All you have to do is just to walk in and the staff in there will process any queries that you have."

He grinned at her indirect acceptance of his invitation and replied, "There are many places to choose from if you desire food, with the Rearing Stallion being one of my favourite haunts. I also frequent the Sunset Falls in the Cobalt Mountains, but that is far away and you'd wish for some reprieve from the wilds now that you've just arrived at a civilized place, no?"

He noticed her expression brightening up her worried frown almost immediately when she mentioned water. It was lovely to see the way she smiled.

"If you like water, you'll definitely love the Soothing Water Bath and Massage. It is a place where you can bathe and be pampered by experienced masseurs."

He coughed awkwardly.

"I do not go to that place myself, but a barmaid from the Rearing Stallion confided to me that it was the place for ladies such as yourself to go to forget about the worries of the world and to relax and destress. You look like you are in need of one such opportunity."
Ryshaltze
Player

Words: 43040
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 26th, 2010, 7:19 am

Her eyes followed Ryshaltze's arm to the tip of his finger, then towards the door she would go through to register. She looked at the building, it didn't look terribly busy, Ora doubted it would take all day, maybe a few moments of her time but she would be on her way again before she knew it.

Her eyes moved towards an old worn door that belonged to the rearing stallion. The door had character and a story with it, neither of which Ora was likely to learn of. "I would prefer to stay close to here, so I do not get lost. Sylira is so much bigger than my Isle, it feels. Maybe I just need to get used to it." She smiled weakly at the thought of going into the wilds. "I am sure if I entered the wilds alone I would not come back whole." Even with her brief training she didn't stand much of a chance in a fight, Ora was terrified of confrontation and fights, she preferred to avoid and talk her way out of such uncomfortable situations.

Her ears perked up in a half heartedly at the mention of a bath. "I do not think you know me very well, Ryshaltze," She said with a smile directed at him. Her eyes glanced off as she continued to speak. "A bathhouse is a lovely place for most to relax but for me... The ocean, or even a lake..." Her voice sounded dreamed as her mind wandered for a moment before violet eyes snapped back to Ryshaltze. "Maybe I will visit that place another time." The burlap sack in her hands dropped from occupying both to only busying one, her free hand reached out and lightly touch Ryshaltze's forearm. "Thank you, I am sure I would still be at the gate crying by now if it was not for you." Her hand left his arm and returned to her sack. "You should go attend to the things you need to do, Perhaps you could meet me in the Rearing Stallion when you are finished with your business? I will wait there for you." She said with a smile. Her stance had changed dramatically in the few moments they had stood together, she held herself high with an air of confidence and relief. "I look forward to seeing you again, friend." She gave him a parting smile and started on her way to the housing authority.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ryshaltze on July 26th, 2010, 7:32 am

Ryshaltze grinned in response. "I do not know you very well, that is true, though I would find it desirable to remedy that fact, wouldn't I?"

He nodded as she parted, her petite frame entering the offices of the Housing Authority. He noticed that her countenance had improved noticeably from one who obviously looked like a foreigner to one who carries oneself with the gait of confidence. At least now she looked more at ease and did not look a target for merchants out to make a quick buck from disoriented foreigners. He was almost the target of one such attempt before when he first arrived at Syliras many years ago, and was only brought to his senses by a man who happened to be working at the Rearing Stallion and had happened to pass by. It was this incident that introduced him to that place and in time made it his favourite destination for food.

He was glad that he made a positive mark in her memory, and it showed in his gait as he turned away towards the basement of the Castle.

Now, about that Spiritism gear that I'm looking for...

ClosedThis thread is thus finished here and will continue in the link provided by Ora in the previous post.
Ryshaltze
Player

Words: 43040
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Lost and Alone (Closed)

Postby Leviathan on July 26th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Thread Award!

Ora
Exp +1 Observation, +1 Seduction
Lore Syliras Geography

Ryshaltze
Exp +2 Observation, +1 Interrogation
Lore Konti Culture (Basic), Leading the Lost

Additional Comments Nice job guys. A nice start to a beautiful friendship. If you have any questions or comments be sure to message me and we'll try to get the situation worked out.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous