Solo Making It Home Alive

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Making It Home Alive

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 13th, 2013, 6:06 am

66th Day of Summer 513 AV

Ollic parted from the Cosmos Centre's enormous doors, whistling for Hokato to follow him as he continued down the stony path. He passed very few taverns, multiple stores and tall buildings that either were home to residents or academies run by master magicians, he couldn't tell.

"I think the apartment is this way," Hokato spoke to him through mind connection, her crystal blue eyes looking impetuously into Ollic's vivid orange ones. He was anxious, confused and mildly frightened for the realisation of the loss of his position. He hadn’t a clue how far he had walked since exiting the Cosmos Centre’s doors, so he just followed his trusty companion through the streets.

Hokato led the way, for her master was more than lost and without a specific direction to follow. He swore he had passed the same building several times now and he was certain that the alleyway to the right was familiar, yet he did not want to announce it. He was already lacking in self-confidence since he had arrived in Lhavit, and the most he could do was say he was an irresponsible being out on his own.

However, his snowy furred Ivaski proved worthy like she always did, saving him in times of need as Ollic followed her down a narrow street lined with crowds of people and many different vendors selling anonymous things.

His eyes turned to a shade of near cat's hazel, deeming himself nervous. Feeling something brushing on his leg made his neck hairs raise in subtle awareness. The sensation came to him, suddenly stealing his attention to find Hokato looking up at him with comforting eyes, he body pressed lightly against his in a warmth satisfaction.

"Let's slowly walk through," she spoke to him sympathetically, her head down and intently trying to find a way out of the massive horde of locals.

"Hello there, sir!" An elderly man yelled into Ollic's face, disrupting his sense of harmony. "This here bottle of liquor is wonderful for scorching days like these. And it's only a few kina."

Ollic shrunk back, his eyes shutting instinctively, his face contorted into a mask of terror. Hokato barked ferociously up at the greying man, having him hobbled quickly back into his selling shack. Ollic didn’t understand how some people could be so inconsiderate of another man’s personal space. Being up so close to be able to smell someone’s breath is very immature and arrogant.

Ollic thanked his companion with a nod down at her before continuing on the stony path towards what he hoped would be the Solar Wind Apartments. He was exhausted, famished and slightly annoyed at all the people who were so loud, walking by him, sometimes bumping into him as they weren’t watching where they were going.

Suddenly, Ollic found himself at a near sprint, his legs convulsing as he ran through the crowds of people, pushing past them and earning glares of disgust. Hokato was nipping at his heels as he continued to sprint, his calves burning, his hamstrings on fire.

He hadn’t run in what felt like forever, his lungs ignited as his ankles and knees cracked and snapped in weird places. Hokato barked as she continued to follow her master, knocking people off their feet as she hurdled through the mass of people that formed in hordes around them.

Finally, Ollic emerged from the crowd, the feeling of being consumed no longer in his presence. His companion was no where to be seen, however, having Ollic’s heart profoundly near erupting.

“Hokato?” He called out, choking on his words as he tasted metal in his mouth. “Hokato!”

Last edited by Ollic Rimesage on August 15th, 2013, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am back from my time in recovery and I will be happy to pick up on the roleplaying I left for a while. It feels so good to be back and I am looking forward to expanding Ollic's experience!
Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Words: 212499
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 11:48 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Making It Home Alive

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 13th, 2013, 7:57 pm

During Thread Insight :
All I could think about whilst writing this part was Finding Nemo and the jelly fish scene!

Ollic turned to search the sea of faces only to find that not one of them belonged to his precious canine. Looking left at a balding man with hazel eyes and to the right at a pale female with winter white hair, not one of them looked like Hokato.

Fear rose up into Ollie's stomach, playing with his digesting food and threatening for it to come up. Anger boiled inside of him, his irises changing to a rare charcoal black. If someone had hurt his only friend, his one companion, his travelling buddy, their entrails would be ripped out, severed into microscopic pieces and thrown into the sea where the salt water mammals would feast on the fresh meal.

Head down, eyes cast forward, Ollic plunged himself into the horde of humans, searching low for any sign of life. A stir to his left caught Ollic's eye, but it was merely a child playing with a large rubber ball. He dropped the ball, a stranger's foot coming in contact with its soft material, sending it flying past Ollic's peripheral vision over to a motionless white mound of fur.

His heart was lodged in his throat as Ollic pushed through the locals to get to his injured dog. She lay on the ground, breathing heavily, her eyes suddenly snapping open to meet her master's night time black ones.

''Move! Show some consideration and respect, you bastards!" Ollic yelled at the onward mass of people who kept walking down stream. They weren't even paying attention to the scene of misery Ollic was being bestowed upon at ground level.

"Where are you hurt?" Ollie asked his Ivaski as people started to walk around the spectacle strewn out on the dirty ground, giving them a mere five feet circumference of room. Like a rock in a fast paced river, they were an obstacle wishing to go up stream.

Hokato's frightened eyes drew down to his back paws, where Ollic motioned for more valid clarification.

"You're left back ankle?" Ollic asked her. Eyes once black, now consumed by a forest green, they displayed the tenacious desire of dedication and need Ollic had in helping his injured partner.

Hokato somewhat nodded, licking her chops and reassuring her master that things were indeed still going to be okay.

"You're right. They will and I promise," Ollic said, reaching underneath Hokato's limp body and hoisting her up and into his welcoming arms.

She was extremely heavy, but in times of strong devotion and immense persistence, Ollic knew that anyone could overcome or accomplish anything. Given the circumstances and current events that had unfolded recently, there was no doubt in his mind that he was able to carry Hokato home.

''Get out of the way," Ollic growled as he ran into a young man with an unusually large mustache.

''I beg your pardon," he sneered, countering Ollic's last demand.

Irises, cold and hard, oily smears of black in his eyes, they glared down at the man whom was a few inches shorter than him.

The man was terrified of the way his opponents eyes changed colours, for he slowly backed out of Ollic's way, hands up in a truce action, defeat portrayed pleasingly on both his face and in his body language.

"I meant it when I told you to get out of my way." Ollic brushed past the vexation he had encountered, deeming him simply an unworthy man and continued to hustle through the gathering, bumping into shoulders, hearing whines of pain from Hokato from the many collisions they encountered along the way.

Suddenly, a break in the crowd was visible and only a few feet in front of him. The rapid heart Ollic felt in his chest was in rhythm with his heavy foot falls. He could practically hear the emotional trill of thrilling music in his ears as he practically launched himself out of the enclosing space everyone around him allowed him to have. He could have sworn he was close to being consumed by the shopper's wrath like the undead in search of a new body to call their own.

Ollic managed to stay upright on his feet, but he was propelled from his previous lunge to such an extent that he ran into another being who turned away from his individual gang to glower at Ollic with dark eyes and a toothless sneer.

"Do you walk much?" he asked him, an obvious rhetorical question meant to taunt the opponent or prey. Ollic felt he was more in tune with the latter as he found mars and scars all across the man's face, his nose slightly crooked as though he had been in many secret brawls.

Ollic knew better than to get into a brawl with such a hostile looking man, and the unkempt beard, flawed face and sinister scowl proved his wellbeing, yet Ollic didn't have the speed nor the strength to hold his tongue.

"As a matter of fact I do. It is you who is in my way." As soon as he said those words, he wished he could retract them back into his hollow mouth, now numb as a fist made connection with his distinctive, straight nose.

"Gah!" he moaned, dropping his dog and clutching his nose with his hands, making sure it was still intact and not broken or shattered into many different pieces. As far as he could tell, it was still straight and not broken, which was all he could hope to ask for. He was not as advanced in caring for himself as he was in caring for others.

"You best be washing that mouth out with soap, boy," spat the man, who was obviously the leader of the group he stood with, by the way he began conversing with his fellow mates in tone with high authority.

Blood trickled down Ollic's face as he whispered an apology to his Ivaski, now lying limp once again on the ground. Before picking Hokato up, he wiped the red liquid from his face and turned to face the group of bullies.

Should he say something or should he just continue on his way in finding his apartment? Should he try to reason with the group or play with his intelligence and screw their confusion over the ledge?

Ollic had been the toy for far too long and was disappointed that he would soon lose his chance to switch around the positions. He went for his opportunity, a foot in front of the other in a running stance incase his initial threat were to back fire.

"I opinionate your manner as disgraceful and in need of major cleaning itself. Your self-respect is intolerable and should be condemned to such authority as the leader of this city. It is not I who need the mouth washing, but you who should consider a good bathing. And if I may suggest, you should receive that bathing in a timely fashion."

The brute turned to face his prey again, thinking that he had finished the job once and need not to finish him again. "What did you just say to me?"

Ollic chuckled, the adrenaline still racing through his veins with serious force and speed. "I merely said what I think is true, you thug."

Turning on his heel, lip in-between his two front teeth, Ollic began sprinting to his highest potential, whilst carrying an animal of near same size and weight as he, toward what he hoped to be the location of the Solar Winds Apartment.

Turning swiftly down a bend and into a narrow alleyway, Ollic began to slow down, eventually stopping in his tracks, hoping before seeing that he was no longer being chased.

He was close to near fainting from exhaustion, having to carry a few bags on his back as well as hold his beloved canine, when he saw a tall building with a vivid sign of welcoming. The Solar Wind Apartments was standing only a mere few meters in front of him, gratitude slipping out from inside of him in the form of tears.

Ollic hated feeling vulnerable, yet he appeared to be the majority of the time. At this moment however, he let his tears fall as he balanced Hokato on his left knee searching in his right front pocket for his apartment room key.

A lady opened the door for him, her hair long and shrouding her nose and mouth in an anonymous way. Ollic gave her a timid smile as he stepped into the doorway, the lady closing the door behind him.

It was chilly inside from the air conditioning the building supplied. He liked the cold air as it kissed his skin in welcoming gestures. It reminded him of his time in Avanthal, the winter wonderland world that gave the earth below white fluffs of snow and stories for the children to tell of their seasonal adventures.

''Sorry I'm so fat," Hokato murmured into Ollic's mind, clearing his head of all previous flashbacks and memories. He simply smiled down at her with a sparkle glinting in his eye.

''You aren't fat; you're hurt. Now be quiet as I try to progress upon climbing these stairs."

There were many stairs lined out in front of him, each one gradually getting him higher up in the building. His room was on the second landing, so it wasn't as far as Ollic had initially thought, but whilst balancing a full grown Ivaski in your arms and lugging a few backpacks full of equipment on your back, anything was tough work.

He began taking his stride, mastering the first few steps with ease before pausing to catch his breath. Hokato gave him some motivation, telling him how silly the brute they had encounter a few chimes ago was acting.

"Yet, he punched me in the nose," Ollic grunted, scaling yet another step. A few more to go and he would be on his floor.

He still had his apartment room key in his hand, the metal trying to puncture Hokato's skin, but she remained quiet and void of any complaint as Ollic continued to concentrate on his footing, for if he slipped and fell, the injuries could be far worse than a sprained ankle.

A deep breath in, a deep breath out, Ollic tried to calm himself. He counted to four once and then twice, each time starting back at the number one. A few more deep breaths and his heart beat was at normal pace.

He was never deeply interested in meditation, but it had helped him throughout the years with his many issues as a child. It helped him remain calm in difficult situations and it helped him slow down his breathing and heart race when they were abnormally and sometimes dangerously high.

Ollic lifted his foot up and made contact with the last step, carefully putting weight on his front foot so that he could raise his back over the lip of the edge.

"Made it," Ollic smirked as the two friends continued down the hall to their room. He thrust the key into its specially crafted hole before twisting it to the side. Opening the door was probably the most relieving thing he could have experienced all day.

Hitting the door with the sole of his foot, the door closed behind him. Ollic set Hokato down onto the bed with gentle care before he removed his packs from his back. His neck felt like it was covered in grim and film, his neck plastered with sweat and bacteria. His eyes were heavy; the lids close to collapsing together in terms of rest.

Ollic was still extremely famished and in need of desperate rest, but his pet was in need of medical attention and friendship, at least in his book, always came first.

He planted his healer’s kit from out of his rucksack and onto his bed, it landing right beside Hokato’s still body. His eyes grazed her fur for any signs of bleeding, the only splotch of red was on her neck and Ollic knew it was only from his nose, still oozing red fluid from the minor fight he had with the thug he had encountered later that day.

He wiped at his nose with his sleeve, a sucking sound present as he did so. “Okay, Hokato,” he mumbled, rummaging through his healer’s kit for any sort of splint and wrap he could use to support her sprained ankle.

“It doesn’t hurt too badly, does it? Do you think it is just a minor sprain?”

“No snaps that I heard.”

Ollic nodded, but felt around her ankle for signs of breakage just in case. If he was going to be a doctor or at least a healer’s assistant, he needed to be thorough, not always trusting in the patient’s words.

Finding a pair of small wooden sticks, Ollic laid them down on each opposing sides of the wounded ankle, before he started to wrap the gauze around them. The sticks were to support and splint the injury to the best of their ability as to where the gauze was merely there to hold the supporters in place.

Ollic then backed up, observing his work. Everything looked done properly, Ollic mentally patting himself on the back. “I’m sure you don’t need any pain relievers,” he said to his pet, not looking for a response and not getting one.

It was his turn for some medical attention, for his nose still dripped blood down his chin and onto his clothes. It's a good thing he wore his plain, cotton shirt instead of his flamboyant vest.

I am back from my time in recovery and I will be happy to pick up on the roleplaying I left for a while. It feels so good to be back and I am looking forward to expanding Ollic's experience!
Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Making It Home Alive

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 14th, 2013, 3:41 am

First, he tore off a strip of gauze for himself about three inches thick and many more inches long. He balled up the material and stuffed it up his one nostril. He repeated this process for his other nostril in hopes to stop the bleeding.

His shirt was soaked in the red fluid, the collar ruined with red dye. It would take a while to get the entire splotch of colour out, but thanking the gods, his shirt was a dark colour, almost near black.

The bridge of his nose was painful to the touch, but otherwise fine, despite the occasional throb the blood vessels inside gave him. Ollic tilted his head up to look at the ceiling, a tactic he had learnt as a child from his mother. It was supposed to slow the bleeding and keep it in one place to dry inside.

His head ached, an unnatural pulse of agony and his legs felt tight and abused, the muscles stretched far beyond the limits they had ever gone in such a long time. He hadn't run like that since he was a child playing hide and go seek with his imaginary friends. And when you play with your imaginary friends, it is extremely hard to run away and hide fast enough.

He knew either he would be sore in the morning or just extremely tight, and with all his might, he wished for the latter. There was no doubt in his mind that his nose would be bruised and possibly still swollen tomorrow morning. He accepted this, knowing that the job he had taken as a healer's apprentice would start later, giving him a couple of days to relax and get used to his surroundings.

Ollic threw his head back again to see that Hokato was deep asleep, her eyes shut tight, her nose twitching slightly and the occasional deep breath or growl escaping her lips. He had always wondered what she dreamt of, but knew that as long as he was living and as long as the technology stayed the same, he wouldn't be allowed to explore this idea further than it already has been.

Taking this free time as a point of advantage, Ollic started to unpack his belonging, his organizational compulsions telling him where things needed to be.

He had already unpacked his healer's kit, but decided to remove it to an easier, safer location. The desk to the right of the bed was not in use, so he thought it was the perfect spot. The next thing he unpacked from his ruck sack was his preserving kit. He had all of his grocery items stored in it as well as a few of his medicines. He set these next to the healer's kit on the desk beside the bed.

One of the medicines nearly fell out as he was trying to place it on the bedside desk. Picking it up, Ollic searched the label to find it read Rugberry Tea. He had heard of such a medicine, and knew what it did to one's body. He bought it for its rapid healing properties as well as its relief for aches and pains from of all sorts.

Ollic took a dose of the medication, knowing full well that he would only have three doses left. His nose hurt terribly now and his thigh and calf muscles burned. Hopefully the tea would help heal his wounds from the inside out quicker than they would on their own. He didn't just want to look good for his first day on the job, he also wanted to feel good too.

A blank book, a feathered quill and a vial of stark black ink were the next contents of appearance. These items were taken and placed on the chest at the end of his bed in case in the middle of the night an idea hatched inside Ollic’s brain and he needed something to quickly go to in order to write it does in terms of remembering the next day.

He unloaded his mortar and pestle and placed it next to the preserving kit and healer's toolbox, adjusting its position so that it was tilted at a ninety degree angle. He then swapped the healer’s toolbox and the mortar pestle so that they were both on the outside instead of sitting next to each other.

Organization was key and Ollic liked to have things planned and set about properly. If something wasn’t clean, if something wasn’t placed in the specific position it was supposed to be in, Ollic needed to find a way to change it so it was. It was something he could control. He wasn’t one of those attention seekers or people who needed to be the one leader in a group; in fact he was the exact opposite. Ollic simply needed to have something to do to keep his mind off of things. He needed to have something to control.

Taking out Hokato’s dishes, Ollic decided to uncap one of his cartons of milk and pour some into her bowl. Milk, he had heard, was good for a canine every now and then, and being recently injured, he thought it best to give her some. He hadn’t any food for her quite yet, but made a mental note to go out and get some.

Moving over to his other backpack, Ollic took out a winter blanket and tossed it over Hokato’s warm body. She might not have been cold, but the simple gesture could be obvious to understand.

The silverware he set on the table next to the window, and the tourniquet joined its brothers on the desk beside the bed. The candles Ollic placed in numerous places around the room, not yet lighting any of them.

The bookcase remained unmarred, bare from any invasion of object. He didn’t understand why he wanted to have the bookcase free of any of his items, he just did.

The only thing left unpacked were his two vests, still wrinkle free and folded nicely, of which he took out and placed on top of his bed, and the black suspenders, being placed beside his fellow clothing.

A loud grumble of disgust nearly knocked Ollic off his feet in surprise. The sound was so loud it had scared him and barely woke up Hokato, who was now wrestling in her sleep.

Ollic looked down at his stomach and remembered that throughout all this time, he had completely forgotten how hungry he had become. He made way for his preservation kit, pulling out the can of green beans he had. One look at the label and he signed, dropping it back into the kit.

These were meant as snack foods for him, occasionally breakfast or lunch foods if you included the eggs, wheat and almonds. He was too hungry to indulge himself upon eating snacks. He needed real food, and with the money he had, he knew he could get it in a pinch if he was strong enough and not exhausted enough to make it over to the other side of the room.

Ollic never thought he would make it to the door. He was almost positive if he didn't meet the bed in the last few seconds, he would collapse face first onto the hard wood floor, busting up his nose more than it already had been.

He quickly took out the pieces of gauze from inside his nose and set threw them in the garbage bin to the left of the door, his fingers slightly sticky from having touched his bodily fluids. He briskly wiped them on his pant legs in disgust.

His stomach growled louder than his body screamed for rest, and this made him reach for the door knob and open it, stepping outside and subconsciously walking down the stairs and through the entrance door.

But where did he go from there? He didn't know where to go from here; he didn't even know where to go to arrive at where he was now, much less walk over to a local bar or family restaurant.

He had heard locals gossip about a place called the Sunrise Nook, a reletively new addition to the Shooting Stars Inn. Ollic didn't have an idea of the existance of the Shooting Stars Inn, lest he would know where the Sunrise Nook was from how the people mentioned the two's connection.

He didn't have the spirit nor the time for such an exploration as finding a cheap restaurant to eat at, so he settled for a walk to see where he would end up.

Ollic kicked a loose pebble, lost from its family of stony engravings on the road he walked on. The street lights had all turned on, for it was near time for everyone to be in bed and sleep. Ollic was still wondering and even contemplating on whether he should return back to his apartment to rest instead of wandering the streets aimlessly in hopes of a restaurant turning up in his path.

He past by a park, but gave no attention to it. A small building made out of the same crystalline sky glass material as all the other buildings in Lhavit was to follow, yet Ollic could care less about the elegant way it was designed.

Suddenly a simple white and red striped canvas sheet protected a crimson door to an elaborately colourful building. White was the main colour of scenery, but the red made the combination of colours pop.

Ollic noticed a sky glass handle, the familiar material used in Lhavit. He was near close to walking up to it when he saw that no one was inside, the lights turned off, the door most likely locked. It must be just a breakfast place, Ollic thought.

"Damn it!" shouted Ollic. He was fed up with being hungry and was near fretting not being able to find a place to ease his hunger when his eyes cast over the mountainous region of Zintila.

It didn't look too far away and the diverse appearance of a building surrounded by statues of what seemed to be a god or goddess intrigued Ollic to such a degree that his legs started to involuntarily move.

Everything he passed seemed to be either in fast forward or just simply an unrecognizable blur of disinterest. His main focus was on getting something to eat, and it wouldn’t be insane to say that Ollic had been hallucinating the blurs that swarmed around him.

Soon the parks cramped awfully close to other buildings of different sizes turned into gardens evenly spaced out in between residents and other small buildings. Among seeing all of these new sights, a door had found itself at the feet of Ollic.

He turned the handle instinctively to be endured into a world of amazing smells and comfort. The place was a sanctuary of good feeling, almost as though he had stepped into a new world of meditation and happiness. The feelings around him were of harmony and peace and the temperature turned from the lucid cold breeze of the night to the warm heat as if from a candle light.

A waiter briskly walked up to Ollic, Ollic unknown of his presence before the waiter cleared his throat.

“May I help you to a table, sir?” he asked kindly to his new guest, eyeing Ollic with more interest than a suspicious taste.

The doctor didn’t know what to say. He was briefly curious about the intentions of the stairs that led down from the right, but the waiter cleared up his confused stare in no hurry.

“Those stairs lead down to the training centre for those willing to learn more about the arts of unarmed combat,” the waiter narrowed his eyes surprisingly. “Are you interested in learning about unarmed combat?”

Ollic pulled at his collar, clearing his own throat before shaking his head and stuttering out his response. “No, no, no. I am here for a meal. I am incredibly famished.”

The waiter who appeared to be in his mid to late twenties smiled at Ollic and opened his arms as a sign of welcoming. He waved for him to follow as the waiter led Ollic to a seat cushioned with green velvet pillows. The walls were covered in a pallid coloured wallpaper, most unappealing to a guy like Ollic, but he remained silent, as to not get into yet another brawl with someone in the same day.

The waiter continued to eye Ollic until the doctor realised that his nose was still the colour of a bruised apple, dried blood plastered all across the canals of his nostril.

Ollic felt like he needed to say something, to end this awkward staring contest, so he made a completely silly and highly unbelievable story up to try to distract the waiter from his incessant glance at his contused face. “I tripped and fell in my house. Never try to reach for your tooth paste on a stool with one leg.”

One leg? Really?

The stare instantaneously turned into a grimace accompanied by a raise of the eyebrow before the young man shook his head, erasing the previous conversation entirely.

Ollic bowed his head quickly, trying to escape the anxiety that was soon filling him again, the adrenaline of lunging into a herd of humans, the power flowing through his veins as he helped splint his pet’s ankle, the force of gratefulness spiking into his brain at the thought of overcoming anti-social behaviours to stand up against a brute of wild intentions. It was all so amazing and all had been done in the same day, but it was now wearing off as he had his nose stuffed into the menu that had been conveniently been placed on the table he had sat at.

The male waiter, pen and notepad in hand had his mood set for professional matters only as he looked at his customer with great concern, readying himself to jot down any and all food Ollic were to ask for.

Ollic took a deep breath before naming off his order, “I’d like to order the Spring Harvest Tea, the Spinach Tomato Tortellini and toss a bit of your Marinated Grilled Shrimp onto it, if you will.” Folding up his menu he looked at the man to make sure he understood his order, then with the waiter gone, the menu with him, Ollic took pleasure in getting acquainted with the surrounding atmosphere.

The place was here for acts of solitude and independence, and being calm and collected was something that he really want to do.

Last edited by Ollic Rimesage on August 15th, 2013, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Making It Home Alive

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 14th, 2013, 5:08 pm

He leant back in his chair and began to let his eyes drift shut, commanding himself to not fall asleep. He was here to empty his mind, to calm his thoughts and to relax his emotions.

He began to chant the numbers out to himself, every even number being the number he were to breathe out on. He did so slowly, making sure to inhale twice as to fill up both of his lungs the proper way as he had learnt from his parents when he was very little.

“One, two,” deep breath as he visualized a garden full of honeysuckle and lavender all floating without a care in the world by the wind. “Three, four,” another deep breath as he saw a puddle of water ripple from the gentle flutter of a descending leaf.

He continued to do this, adding in a beat with his fingertips as they drummed softly on the table in front of him. “One, two,” deep breath as the beat continued at a steady pace, thumping in sync with his slowing heart.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat, eager for attention. Ollic’s eyes snapped open, his concentration gone, but his feelings of solitude still honing around him.

The waiter had returned with a tray full of the items Ollic had ordered. The tortellini looked delicious, the smell hitting Ollic in the face and drifting into his nostrils with delicacy. The appetizer of marinated grilled shrimp appeared to be cooked evenly, tossed onto the tortellini with great care. His tea was steaming over to the side of the main meal, the colour a deep green. Spring Harvest tea suited it’s name very well, Ollic thought.

The waiter set the tray onto the table, leaving the receipt on the edge and out of Ollic’s way and he grabbed the fork he had been given and dug into his meal.

The marinated shrimp was tender and practically melted in his mouth, the sauce dripping down his chin, stinging his chapped lips in the process.

He stopped gorging on his food for a slit second so that he could re-hydrate himself and flush out his system, his throat no longer arid and void of fluids.

He set his beverage down, a splash of tea coming over the brim of the cup and landing on the tablecloth. Ollic simply ignored this and continued to stuff his face with the tomatoes and shrimp that tasted like heaven in his imagination. He had never liked tomatoes, yet now as he was near close to starving, he had endured the idea of their taste as appetizing. He just hoped the shrimp was indeed fully cooked through, so that he wouldn’t vomit them back up later on tonight.

Soon, his stomach was full, his meal vanished, as Ollic looked over the tab that was hanging over the edge of the table.

Receipt
Spring Harvest (gently steamed green tea leaves) - 2 topaz kina (2 sm)
Marinated Grilled Shrimp - 2 kina
Spinach Tomato Tortellini - 4 kina

Total: 6.20 kina

Ollic was surprised at how much his meal cost, but wasn’t doubtful at how hungry he must have been to be able to eat it all in the short amount of time he did. He was famished and had ceased that extreme hunger by ordering a lot of food.

He paid willingly, leaving the money on the table as he left the building, wandering as though he were drunk back to his apartment.

The stairs weren’t as much of a challenge as they were when he had first arrived, but seeing as how tired he was, it was difficult to allow his knees to bend and his calves to cooperate, managing to overcome the first few steps and then the last, nearly crawling to get to the top.

His eyes were already half closed as he opened the door to his room, seeing through his eyelashes that Hokato was still sound asleep, her head propped up on a pillow, snuggled underneath the blanket Ollic had thrown onto her before leaving.

Ollic kicked off his shoes before falling onto the bed, hitting the pillow with his head and entering into the realm of unconsciousness in the blink of an eye.

Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Making It Home Alive

Postby Trickster on September 1st, 2013, 5:15 am

Hello Ollic!

This was quite the fun read, especially during the parts where Ollic displays various sides of himself, as well as when he interacts with Hokato. I would only note that there are times when you mix Hokato's gender, though it isn't really noticeable.

Anywho, without further a due, here are your treats! ;)

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Running 2
Intimidation 2
Bodybuilding 3
Meditation 3
Medicine 1
Observation 3
Organization 2

Lores
Fear of Losing Hokato
Making a Splint
Treating a Bleeding Nose
Lhavit: Mhakula's Tea House
The Medicinal Properties of Rugberry Tea
Lhavit: Sunrise Nook

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. :)

-Trick

Trickster
Be slow, be quick, be witty, be wary

Words: 89487
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Artist (1)