PM to join A Bazaar Encounter (Teaque, Jervis, Sei)

Jervis explores the great bazaar causing destruction as usual

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Bazaar Encounter (Teaque, Jervis, Sei)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 24th, 2013, 5:12 pm

59th Summer, 513 AV

Jervis moved from stall to stall in the great bazaar, his curious emerald eyes quickly moving from one item to the next. He was currently examining the wares at a hunter's stall on the street that had a good selection of furs and leather. His hands were currently running over a beautiful fox pelt with vibrant red fur. Several others were also at the stall so Jervis held onto it as he continued peruse.

He'd had to leave his trademark cassock at home after the events of the night before and felt naked without it. Jervis wanted to repair it himself and had an idea in his head about what he wanted to do to fix it but it required an armorsmith's help. Jervis had never made armor before though had seen it done a few times in his life. He knew foxhide would make poor armor but couldn't pass up the beautiful fur for use in trim or maybe handle embellishing, he'd find a use for it he was sure.

Now he needed something thick so it would make decent armor, the man had a variety of wolf and coyote hides. Still he wanted something better, Jervis shifted over to the other side of the stall to get a better look. A lot more of the same over here as he moved some hides aside to see what was underneath, After repeating this process a few times he found something of interest. It was the hide of a young black bear, it was thick but would still need to be prepared to make good armor. It was a nice pelt 20lbs from the heft, he decided to take it. The claw marks on the face of the beast showed he was a fighter and he hoped some of the spirit of the creature remained trapped in it's remnants.

Jervis flagged the merchant over putting on his best haggling face. The fox pelt was a nice piece so getting it's price lower would be an insult to the man. He'd have to try to drive down the price of the bear pelt to save some money. "I'll take this fox pelt and I guess this tiny bear pelt, it might make a good rug for a short time. I'd say five gold is fair friend mostly for this fox pelt of course." Jervis said with a small amount of arrogance in his voice when talking about the bear pelt.

"Yer kidding me right boy." The merchant laughed. "I brought down that bear myself, a vicious thing it was nearly took my head. I couldn't part with it for at least 7 gold mizas and 5 silver more for the fox." The man counter offered.

"Well I'd easily pay a gold for the fox pelt, it is indeed a beautiful fur the bear is another matter. Look there is a large hole in the rear leg from the kill I presume and part of the other back foot hacked away. Not to mention if you feel beneath the fur their are scarred veins which are going to make it uncomfortable on the feet for most people. I'll do you a favor and go as high as six and half gold for the lot." Jervis said fixing his gaze on the merchants eyes and speaking seriously.

"Alright, Alright. You obviously have an eye for materials boy. I'll sell you the lot for six and half gold but I won't let you fleece me so easily next time friend." The merchant said extending his hand for payment.

Jervis pulled out his coin purse and counted off six gold mizas and five silver mizas into the man's open palm before rolling up his items and throwing them over his right shoulder. Jervis turned on his heel and strode off deeper into the bazaar. He felt Izzy crawl out of his vest pocket on onto his left arm and begin crawling up as he went. Good this bear was a fighter, It'll make fine armor if I can figure out how to do it properly Jervis thought to himself walked along glancing casually at other booths.

As Izzy neared his perch but he surprised Jervis by leaping off his arm at something. He's hoped the small creature had learned from the last time but obviously he hadn't. Jervis shot out an arm urgently to try to catch his friend but smacked against the handle of a wicker basket of a passing human woman sending it, his friend and the cargo of eggs skidding into a wall with a wet crash.

The girl was pale skinned and more delicate than isurian woman reminding him of the graceful slim curves of a vase. Her black hair cascaded down her shoulder in black waves framing her face nicely. Plainly dressed the most impressive adornment she was wearing appeared to be simple though beautifully wrought silver chain dangling from her dainty neck. Jervis looked up into her green eyes finding them eerily similar to his own.
This girl was beautiful, though something in her eyes seemed to tell him fate had treated her badly, like a dictionary in a stupid family.

Jervis snapped himself away from his enchantment with the woman long enough to burst forth a sentence. "I am so sorry Miss. I'll gladly pay you for the eggs, I was just trying to stop my friend you see, he gets excited over eggs, they are his favorite I think, I hope I haven't caused to much trouble for you." Jervis said blushing deeply with embarrassed with his hasty actions
Last edited by Jervis Hill on August 24th, 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bazaar Encounter (Teaque, Jervis)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 24th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei was browsing the Great Bazaar, and he'd stop to look at a little meat shop. His eyes scan the shops. There were tons of tiny shops packed into one place, and he couldn't help but notice things such as food and weaponry. He looked at the meet's with pleasure. He could see all kinds of butchered animals,(Not that he cared they were butchered) and sized up the categories. There was pork, beef, deer, and more. He mind wrapped solely around the meats, as he drooled in his head.

He then snapped himself back when he heard a burly voice. "Can I help ye?" Sei spun around to find a man looming over him. He shook his head and said he was just browsing and moved on. A few shops over, a man was staring intently at a woman, but he couldn't determine what he was looking at. He ignored it and browsed a shop on the other side, were there were massive shelves filled to the brim with spices. He looked over, eying the shelves curiously. There were thousands, but they we're pointless because he couldn't cook. He looked at the spices for a few minutes more and moved on.

Sei adjusted his backpack, careful not to drop it or the wine in his bag would bust. As he looked around more, he could see things of interest everywhere. He was heading to the the next shop when the man from before awoke from his trance, acting embarrassed he buys something and moves on. Sei was now facing a flower shop with many different flowers and plants. The aromas filled his nose, relaxing him so much that he could fall asleep right here and now. He closed his eyes and breathed the aromas in, and continued to walk down the isles.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes