Tis but a fleshwound! (Revy)

Revy sees that Sayren is hurt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 26th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Morning of the 71st

Sayren woke from a nightmare. Panting with sweat dripping from her brow. It was about that night her and Savio went into the Aperture to find Ximal. Savio had that maniacal smile again. However, in her dream, he was strangling her. Telling her she was worthless, incompetent! A Traitor! Then that vicious man who was there too. Those blank white eyes. Filled with so much malice and evil. She shook in her bed as she wrapped her arms around her knees, while still being mindful of her sprang foot. She was holding back her tears, not successfully. Some still managed to stroll down her cheeks before she broke. Sobbing into her knees as she tried to comfort herself. It was about fives chimes later when she finally managed to calm herself down. Reminding to herself that what she saw was a dream. A terrible dream, but a dream nonetheless.

It was a few more chimes after that when she was able to convince herself to get out of bed. She lightly stepped on her right foot onto the floor and it jolted with pain. "Petch!" She shouted. Quickly lifting the foot off the ground as she leaned towards the bedpost. By the seven it was still so painful. She was partially glad Revy hadn't seen her like this the day before. Would've thought she was such a weakling. But...the young Drykas surely wouldn't have minded Revy being sweet and tender on her. Caring for Sayren and the injury that lamed her.

For now though, she pushed the thoughts away and tried to focus on what she could be training on. With her right foot in its current state, it severely reduced her routines. Maybe a few good push ups? Surely she didn't need BOTH of her legs for that. So she dropped to the floor, still cautiously keeping her right foot in mind till she was flat on her stomach. Then she lifted herself up with both of her arms and the balls of her left foot, keeping her right a decent distance off the ground. She lowered herself till her nose about touched the floor, then raised herself back up again. Working the muscles in her forearms and completing one push up after another till she got to forty some chimes later. It wasn't like her normal stretches, but it did help give her some upper body strength at least. Maybe even some stamina too.

She got herself back onto the edge of the bed and began to ponder what she would do that day. She couldn't go to work, she tried that the day before and Rose excused her until her foot would heal. Even though Sayren tried her best to tell Rose it would be fine for her to work, the woman clearly wasn't buying it. Nearly bopped Sayren with a wooden spoon if the woman hadn't got herself. Saying she didn't want to hurt Sayren more, or that would mean she'd have to be excused for longer. Which the woman further explained that it could be Rose herself hitting Sayren, or Sayren tripping while moving about from the ovens, the stoves, the sinks, tables and so on. Rose wanted Sayren healthy and fit for the job, and if she needed a few days for it, then so be it.

She couldn't ride with Garel. AS much as it pained her to think it. She would need her foot to move around with him. Perhaps Revy wasn't busy? Maybe they could just...she sighed. She honestly just wanted Revy's company. She got onto her one foot, then the other, trying her best to not put much weight on it, but it still hurt. ALOT! So she grabbed a post beam she used for her tent and carried herself over to Revy's room. Hopefully she wasn't busy. With a few knocks on her door. She will soon find out.

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 27th, 2013, 9:34 pm

The woman had been tired, really tired. Having spent yesterday training in her metal armor had been really taxing on her muscles, but she didn't hate the feeling. She felt fit enough to at least go for another round with it. However, she did hope that she wouldn't meet bones again. Not today at least. It'd be easier if she could train uninterrupted. She wanted to get a little more agile with her armor on, because she had noticed that it was difficult to move it.

With a sigh, she heaved herself out of bed, her muscles protesting only a little. By now she had gotten used to a little pain from sore muscles, after all... she had been training all her life now. She slowly started to put her armor on, starting with the mail skirt, followed up by the fauld, including the tassets and culet. Then she put on the cuisses and poleyns before she started with the heavy leather boots. One of these days she should some metal greaves too, matching the armor.

The mercenary then continued with the breastplate, which she put on in a jiffy, mainly because she was used to putting one on. Following this she continued putting on the pauldrons, rarebraces, vambraces and couters. And just as she started putting on her gauntlets, she heard someone knock on her door. "Just a second.", she said rather loud to make sure they heard her. She rushed her gauntlets on and walked to the door, opening it..... only to see Sayren leaning on a stick or something.

Without a thought, she picked the girl up, as if she weigh nothing, and carried her to the bed, putting her down there gently. "Ok, so what the petch is wrong with you? Why in M... her name were you leaning on that stick?", she said, stopping herself from saying Myri's name here. You could never know who'd listen in. And being devoted to Myri was not healthy in Nyka. She could almost whack herself for her head, but that'd hurt quite a bit right now... with that metal on her hands.

oocThe helmet and gorget are still lying on the bed, near Sayren ;)
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 28th, 2013, 6:29 am

Sayren squeaked when Revy picked her off the ground so easily, then was placed down onto Revy's bed. Sayren couldn't help but to look around. It was her first time she had been in Revy's room. So her eyes sucked in all they could about the room. Seeing the helmet resting beside her before glancing up at Revy in her heavy armor. "When did you get all of this?"

But the woman had quickly asked her about the stick, and what was wrong with her for needing to lean on it? Sayren chewed on her lip as she thought on her answer. As much as she hadn't wanted to face Savio, if she told Revy that he did this to her, the mercenary would be furious. So she took a moment to catch her breath and sighed, "Well...the night before last...I heard something tapping on the window. I woke up and went to see what it was. Through the window, I saw Ximal. He was badly hurt. Barely able to even move on his own. So I lept through the window. Without even thinking of going to wake you up. When I landed, I was on normal ground with Ximal nowhere to be found. So...I thought he was in danger in the Aperture. And...I went to go find him. When I approached the Aperture, I fell in. When I came to, my ankle hurt so much, and I looked up to see Ximal." She started shaking now when she remembered that horrid man.

"But it wasn't Ximal. Far from it. His hair was long and was black as night. And his eyes, white and void of any kindness. So filled with evil and villainy. He chuckled and disappeared into blackened flames. I was so terrified!" She was now on the verge of sobbing. Her arms shaking uncontrollably as she tried regain a hold on herself. "I'm so sorry Revy! I just wanted to save Ximal!"

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 28th, 2013, 7:20 am

The woman wasn't sure if she should believe the girl's story after having listened to it. Somehow she seemed... to be hiding something else, but her fear was real. However, Revy couldn't imagine why Sayren would go after Ximal like that. Didn't she realize that it should've been a trap? After all... Ximal and getting hurt? No way in hell. Even if he DID get hurt, which the woman would only laugh about, he wouldn't run off into the aperture after getting the girl's attention.

"Sayren...... are you... stupid? Why the bloody petch would you follow an illusion of Ximal into the aperture? Were you out of your mind?", she started to chide. "First of all.. Ximal and getting hurt. Do you honestly believe that? That overconfident petching pervert getting hurt? Besides that, why did you follow the obvious trail into that trap? If he did get hurt, he would not run off into the aperture. Next time you should think about the situation. If you gonna be so stupid again.....", she left the sentence unspoken, leaving it up to the girl to imagine what Revy would say.

Even though the woman wanted to continue to scold the girl.... seeing her sob made her think otherwise. She sat next to the girl and pulled her head onto her shoulder. "Oh crap... it should be quite hard..... meh, can't quickly get this off so I ain't gonna bother yet.", she thought. "Hey... don't worry. If that petcher comes again, I'll just beat him up, ok?", she told her love. Of course, the woman didn't realize that Sayren had met a god, nor which god it was. However, even if she did, she'd have said that. She just wanted to comfort Sayren now.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 28th, 2013, 9:18 am

Sayren continued sobbing. Looking back, she realized how foolish the choice was. However, she was in complete belief that her master was in trouble. She wouldn't have just stood aside and allowed him to suffer more. She wouldn't have allowed anyone she cared about to get hurt. If it were Revy or Garel instead of Ximal, a second wouldn't have been spared for thought. She would've done the same all over again. She loved them all. Well...she wouldn't have loved Ximal and Garel like she would have Revy. They were both like fathers to her...aside from Ximal's moments of lust. Which then she couldn't blame the man for it, he was only a few years older than her, despite his sagely junctures. He was still a young man. Just about the age of Gravun now that she thought of it. And oddly enough...it was amazing her brother hasn't birthed any offspring yet.

She was now calming down. Being comforted by Revy telling her she'd beat the man if he ever appeared again. Sayren offered a smile, even though her face was stained with tear streaks. "Sure thing Revy..." She said as she leaned against the woman, her bulky armor made it rather difficult to cuddle, but Sayren didn't mind just leaning against her. "Wish I could train with you...but with my ankle the way it is...I'm afraid I can't really do much..."

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 28th, 2013, 2:35 pm

The mercenary simply let the girl cry on her armor. If need be, she could always clean it up easily. But what she didn't like is that she wasn't there for Sayren when she needed to be. Another thing that bugged her was that the girl was hiding something.... but what did she need to hide and WHY!? Was the woman so untrustworthy that she didn't want to tell the whole truth? Or was it because she wanted to protect someone? Wait.. she wasn't unfaithful now was she? If it was with Zandelia she'd accept it without further ado, but if it was with someone else...... she didn't want to think about it.

After the girl was calming down and said she wanted to train with Revy, but due to her ankle she couldn't, the woman decided to press the girl for a complete answer. She just hoped that she'd get the complete truth this time. "Sayren... I understand that it's a sensitive subject right now, but.... I want to know the complete truth. You didn't seem to be telling me everything. Usually when you talk to me, you look at me, but this time you didn't. That means, at least for what I think, that you weren't telling the complete truth. I'm not doubting that you were blatantly lying, but I do know that you are hiding something and that hurts. It's like you don't trust me."

If the girl was going to try and look away, while trying to hide whatever had happened, Revy would simply grab her chin and force her to look at the woman. On top of that, the woman would clearly show that she was hurt. "I just really hope she trusts me enough so that I might hear the whole truth this time. It hurts being left out like this. If she doesn't want me to know, she should hide it better, so that I don't notice.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 29th, 2013, 9:54 am

Once Sayren had calmed herself, Revy became serious in her manner as told Sayren she wanted the truth. The mercenary knew it was a sensitive subject for Sayren, but she wanted the full truth on what happened in the Aperture. The woman didn't think Sayren was outwardly lying to her face about it, but she felt that Sayren was hiding something since she wouldn't look her in the eyes when the young drykas would speak. It pained Revy, making her think that Sayren didn't trust her.

Sayren glanced down for a moment, she didn't mean to hurt Revy's feelings. However, she still wasn't sure how she felt about Savio currently. It was still awkward to be near him and she still ignored him for the time being. She just couldn't face him. She took a deep breath to muster up her thoughts, being sure to face Revy with the truth.

"I'm sorry Revy...The truth is...I wasn't alone. Savio thought Ximal was endanger too. So we both went into the Aperture..." Her eyes lowered as she held herself by her kneecaps. "Then...we had an argument...I honestly still don't know what happened...he started shouting at me, calling me a traitor, a liar! That I as trying to kill Ximal! Sabotaged his gear before he left for the Aperture. But I never did that! I would never want Ximal to die! I tried explaining that to him and we got into a fight." Her eyes momentarily glanced down at her ankle. Her memory flashing a moment where he twisted her ankle.

"It...wasn't going well...and that's when that...creature, man, whatever it was appeared." She was on the verge of tears yet again, cause she saw Savio's maddening grin. Along with that malevolent man with the whitened eyes. His chuckle now ringing in her ears as she screamed in fear. Tears just pouring out of her eyes. "I'm so sorry Revy! I'm so sorry Revy!" She kept babbling. Her body as now in full panic and the pain in her ankle flared from her moving it so quickly.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 29th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Wait wait wait... WAIT! Savio!? He was with her? She could just as much have been alone. That guy was pathetic, a wuss, scaredy-cat and a weakling without any backbone. Why did HE have to be with her? Ugh, no wonder that Sayren had gotten scared shykeless. That guy couldn't be called a man at all. But the more the girl spoke, the more scared she became. This had to end. She had to calm the girl down, help her forget it.

"Don't worry, my love. As long as you're with me, you won't have to be scared. I'll stay here for as long as you want.", she said softly while softly... well as soft as she could with her armor... hugging her. "I'm gonna have a word with that guy later. I wanna know what the fight was about and put an end to Sayren's fear. I hate seeing her like this. She just needs to be the same headstrong happy girl. She doesn't need to carry any burden.", she thought to herself.

"Hey, wanna lie down? Might calm you down. If you give me a sec, I'll get out of this armor and lie next to you, ok?", she suggested. It was clear that Revy didn't really know what to do, after all... she never had to deal with these kind of problems before. Zandelia was far too strong to let herself go like this. Or she was just too stubborn to admit she was scared, or sad.... or.. in love. "No no no no, don't think like that. She likes you, even though she never admitted it. She just does.", she thought to herself as she started to pull off the armor, piece by piece.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 29th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Sayren was in complete panic. Her pride felt utterly snapped in half because Revy saw her like this. She wasn't strong at all. Just a pathetic useless play thing. Revy was doing her best to try to comfort Sayren. Even though the bulky armor did keep some space in between them. Then the mercenary suggested that she lies down, and if she gave the woman a few few moments, she would get out of her armor and lie down beside her. Sayren nodded. Taking a quick look at herself through her tear stained eyes. Noticing she was wearing her tan tunic and her cotton shorts. The only loose items of clothing she had. She would've worn the black tights, but her ankle wouldn't have reacted too kindly.

She took a moment to deeply inhale. Closed her eyes and held the breath for a moment, then exhaled the air out of her lungs. She cautiously leaned back till she was laying on the bed. Her ankle still hurting whenever it moved. She glanced over at Revy who was slowly getting out of her heavy armor. The process seemed rather tedious. Her breathing was still rasp as she weakly told Revy. "I love you Revy...I'm so sorry I'm so weak...I don't deserve your love."

Why should she? Sayren snatched this amazing woman away from someone else that she loved. Only to provide her with bedside company and headache. What good was she really to Revy? She could barely handle a fight on her own. So she was useless as another strong arm. Barely had an idea on love-making. She was learning enthusiastically, but she doubt she had any skill in comparison to the Zandelia. Couldn't cook much of anything. Just be a doubt and a burden...just like she was back in Endrykas...

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 30th, 2013, 8:41 am

It was such a pain in the ass to remove all the armor pieces again. It seemed to take that much longer then when putting it on, when in fact she was taking them off quite fast. Yet she wanted to get the pieces off faster. It seemed as if Sayren had really been affected in a bad way by that trip to the aperture. What could the woman do for her girl? She didn't really know any way of comforting another. Maybe she could help her forget?

And then when she finally had her pieces off.. Sayren could admire the naked back of Revy. She just wore a simple bra and panties. Anything more would've been way too hot. Even in late summer it seemed as if Nyka was a hot place. Just from having worn the armor for a little, she was already slightly sweating. The beads of sweat glistening in the light. The woman hadn't noticed it yet though.

After she lay herself next to the girl, she just pulled her in, hugging Sayren's head softly. But the moment the girl said that she didn't deserve Revy's love.... something snapped. The woman whacked the girl's head right away, clearly pissed off. Who was that girl, that she could decide what she deserved or not? If she hadn't deserved it, she wouldn't have received it, period. Besides, everyone was weak at first. Hell... even Revy was no better then Sayren in a fight when she first started to learn.

"Sayren..... who are you to decide if you are worth my love or not? I decide that and you just have to accept it. I love you and I'll prove it to you here and now if you want. You're weak right now? So what, everyone starts out weak. You just gotta suck that up and learn. I had to do the same, or do you think that I was this good with a weapon when I first picked one up?", she said, "If you say stuff like this once more, I'll ignore you for a week. The only time we'd see each other then is during training. And I know you do not like that. So what'll it be?".

Revy was clearly pissed. Sayren had to get some self-confidence and fast. But how could the woman build the girl's confidence? She never had to do that, so she didn't have any knowledge of it. Would it help to praise her progress so far? Or was it better to just watch? No, it was no option to wait. Sayren had to get confidence and fast. Mainly because Revy was getting sick of hearing her self-pity.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next