[Bronze Woods] A summer walk (Kita Finley)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Lookos on July 30th, 2010, 5:34 am

Lookos looked at Kita hopefully as he asked the question & was elated to hear her answer. "I would be honored to tell them.". He sat back as she turned towards the dogs, and watched in wonder as his two savage wolves knelt gently at her feet. Then she turned to him, and spoke with a smile "First from Duma" she said "I am glad to hear that. I feel the same way about him. He is the best master that a dog "could ask for." "Now from Ruin" " "I speak for mine and Rage's pack when I say that we would die for Lookos. He is worthy of our trust. He is unlike other humans. He understands us. You would be lucky to have him as your master young fox." here Kita got a look on her face that Lookos couldn't quite place.
"Finally from Rage" she went on, and the look quickly vanished. "We are forever indebted to Lookos and we love him as much as a wolf can. We are honored to be led by him"... here she paused, and looked up at Lookos. Lookos sat there silent for around 30 seconds then spoke with an upwelling of emotion "Thank you so much.." "You don't understand how much this means to me..." "If there is anything I can do to repay you, tell me" " If you are in danger come to me, and I will shelter as best I can"

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Words: 10737
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kita on July 30th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Kita was not upset about Ruin had said about Lookos being a good master for her. She more did not know what to think about it. He seemed to be a fantastic master to Duma, Ruin, and Rage. She had never seen canines as happy and complacent as them. She knew that the dogs were not lying because they truly had no reason to. Lookos could not understand them and if they were upset then they would have told her and she could have lied about what they said. There was startling sincerity in their words though. They were bold words from loyal canines.

Kita smiled at Lookos. "You truly have wonderful companions. I don't expect anything in return. It was just simple conversation to me." she said. She wanted to say that she would like if she could stay with him at least for a little while. He wanted to experience what these lucky dogs got to experience. They got to be in the presence of a human who really knew canines. She knew that asking to stay with him was far to big of a favor to ask though. If he offered she would likely accept but she knew he most likely would not. "I am glad that I happened upon your camp today Lookos. You truly are the kindest human I have ever met. I am usually very scared of humans but not you. It is like you are one of us." she said. By one of us she meant one of the dogs. She was not sure if he would take that as a compliment or an insult but she had meant it as a very high compliment.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on July 31st, 2010, 4:50 am

Lookos had meant what he had just promised. He had been deeply touched by the "simple" conversation. "You truly have wonderful companions. I don't expect anything in return. It was just simple conversation to me." He listened as she downsized her part in the exchange, and smiling replied "Maybe it was simple to you, but it meant much to me" "and as to payment I assure you I meant what I said. You're always welcome here".

What she said next surprised him. "I am glad that I happened upon your camp today Lookos. You truly are the kindest human I have ever met. I am usually very scared of humans but not you. It is like you are one of us.". He looked at her silent for a few seconds... finally he formulated a reply "Frankly I don't enjoy human companionship much myself..." laughing he extrapolated on his somewhat ridiculous statement. "I even find myself wishing I wasn't human when I look at the disorder and chaos we create. Especially when contrasted by the order of the animal kingdom". Shaking his head he went back to her first statement. "I'm glad to meet you as well Kita." "I hope that we will be friends in the coming days."
"You are the first sentient being beside my family to show any friendlyness to me since I left home..." the last part of her sentence had surprised him greatly, but in the same degree it had pleased him. He didn't know how to reply... "I'm not sure what to say about your last comment... I think it is the strangest complement I've ever received, but it also seems like one of the ones I will treasure most... So in the most sincere way possible thank you..."

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Kita on July 31st, 2010, 10:23 pm

Lookos's words made Kita very at peace. It was plain to see that Lookos was a human who really understood life. Kita never thought she would meet a human who really understood all of the chaos that humans caused. They were terrible beasts in Kita's opinion. They tore down forests, they over hunted animals until their species were barely existent, and most of all they wasted so much. Lookos did not and that was very clear. If Kita was in her fox form her tail would be wagging like crazy. For the first time since her brother's were taken from her she did not feel alone. It was like there was an absence in her, the absence of despair and in it's place happiness was slowly sprouting. It was an odd feeling and it was new. She had hope now. She had not had hope since she was living with Jeran and Tayn.

Kita out a small dog like whine when she heard that no one had been friendly to him since he left home. "How could no one be friendly to you? You are so kind. You are the most kind human I have ever met. No one has ever accepted me except you and my brothers. Of course, my brothers were kelvic." she said. The mention of her brothers made her a little bit sad. She missed them dearly. Jeran was like a father to her and he really was more of a father than her own was. Tayn was of course a wonderful brother. He had taught her archery and he did his fair share of raising her too. She shook her head and looked at Lookos. "Sorry, I got lost in thought." she said with a sheepish smile. She had a bad habit of daydreaming because she never had anyone to talk to. She was always alone with her daydreams.

Kita thought about Lookos's offer to let her stay with him. She really wanted to but she did not want to be a burden. "I think I will take you up on your offer. Of course I will do my fair share of hunting. I don't want to be a burden on you. Of course, I would want it to be okay with your companions. I don't want to move in on their territory without their permission. I of all people know how territorial us canines can be." she said with a smile.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 1st, 2010, 3:00 am

Kita out a small dog like whine when she heard that no one had been friendly to him since he left home. "How could no one be friendly to you? You are so kind. You are the most kind human I have ever met. No one has ever accepted me except you and my brothers. Of course, my brothers were kelvic."

Lookos let out a bitter laugh... "Kita one thing I have learned about human society is there complete insecurity. Anyone who doesn't fit in the preferred norm is rejected by the entire society, and I obviously don't fit in with common society...." " but enough of my ravings..." he said snapping back to the present moment.

"I think I will take you up on your offer. Of course I will do my fair share of hunting. I don't want to be a burden on you. Of course, I would want it to be okay with your companions. I don't want to move in on their territory without their permission. I of all people know how territorial us canines can be."

Smiling broadly Lookos said "Wonderful I'll be glad of some company!" "Well you obviously know better than I, but I don't see them having any problem with you....

{OOC=sorry for the lack of content...}

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Kita on August 1st, 2010, 3:30 am

Kita looked over to Lookos's dogs and they looked back expectantly. "Do you guys mind if I stick around for a while?" she asked. Duma and Rage both looked at Ruin for the answer. Ruin sat up straight "It would be an honor to have you with us young fox. Just be sure if this is a ploy to hurt our master we will not have mercy on you." he said firmly. Duma sat up and looked at him. "Ruin, be kind. She has barely stopped being a kit. You mustn't scare her. You are welcome here." she said kindly. Kita smiled and lowered her head to them. It was a sign among the canines of thanks. "Thank you, I will be sure to aid us well." she said. She was happy the dogs accepted her. She would now feel welcome in the camp.

Kita walked over to where Lookos was sitting and sat down next to him. "You companions have agreed to let me stay. I have to go find my bag if I am going to stay though. I do not want to keep your clothing from you." she said. "Will you come with me to find it? It is right out on the edge of the forest."
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 1st, 2010, 3:41 pm

Lookos watched with no small degree of interest as Kita turned toward his dogs. He watched in interest as first Ruin, and then Duma got up as if responding to her questions. She abruptly got up, and turned to Lookos saying...

"Your companions have agreed to let me stay. I have to go find my bag if I am going to stay though. I do not want to keep your clothing from you."
"Will you come with me to find it? It is right out on the edge of the forest."

Lookos smiled "I was pretty sure they would be amiable to the decision." "Of course I'll help you." "I can even ask Duma to track it down." "That dog has the best nose I've ever seen!"

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Kita on August 2nd, 2010, 1:10 am

Kita was happy for the company. She wouldn't have to roam the forests alone anymore. Kita walked through the forest happily with her new friend. If only Jeran and Tayn could see her know. She was functioning on her own and she truly never thought she would. She thought her life was over when she lost her brothers. It was plain to see that life was just starting though.

Kita sniffed the air and looked around for a direction to head off into. "I think I better let Duma take the lead on this one. My sense of smell is much better in my fox form but it will wipe me out to change again after so little time." she said. She knelt down next to Duma and held out her hand. "Just sniff out a smell that smells like me." she said. She watched as Duma took the lead with her nose pressed against the ground sniffing out the bag. "So tell me more about yourself mister Lookos." she asked as they followed the sniffing dog. "What drove you to live so closely with canines? I mean we are great but there are so many other species out there to choose from. There are cats who are fantastic hunters and eagles that can fly long distances, why dogs?" she asked cocking her head. It was common human knowledge that dogs were the most common pet but Kita still was curious. Curiosity was in her nature. Foxes were always one of the more curious animals even if they were more shy. Foxes were always in search of new knowledge and learning. Kita could not help her many questions, it was engrained in her psyche to ask them.

After a while of walking they reached a small bush. Duma ducked inside and pulled out Kita's bag. Kita walked over to Duma's side and pet her head. "Thank you Duma. I don't know what I would have done without my bag! I have lost it so many times. Maybe in our time together you can teach me better tracking?" she asked.

Kita grabbed her bag and then looked at Lookos. "I will be just a moment. I must change my clothing." she said. Then she scampered over into the bushes and began to change into her clothes. It was just a simple dress and some undergarments but it was really all she would need. After she was dressed she walked out of the bushes and then over to Lookos. "Okay, I am all set now. Is there anything we have to do now? I could hunt for our next meal if you want. I don't want to weigh you and your pack down." she said.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 2nd, 2010, 9:48 pm

{OOC= I think this is my longest post yet :D}

Kita smiled in happiness at the consent.
"I think I better let Duma take the lead on this one. My sense of smell is much better in my fox form but it will wipe me out to change again after so little time.
after making this comment she knelt in front of Duma for a couple seconds, and then stood up. Lookos looked on in surprise as Duma immediately scampered off towards the fringe of the forest. Looking sideways at Kita he commented dryly "If I could get my dogs off that quick I wouldn't have nearly so hard a time hunting..." then he laughed "It's quite amazing what you can do"

After they had walked awhile, Kita turned and asked him a question...
"So tell me more about yourself mister Lookos."

"What drove you to live so closely with canines? I mean we are great but there are so many other species out there to choose from. There are cats who are fantastic hunters and eagles that can fly long distances, why dogs?"

Lookos laughed, and started thinking about his life up to this point. "Well Kita I was born on a farm over on the outskirts of Syliras. I was the oldest of four children, and lived a pretty uneventful life.... It was only after I left home two years ago that I saw the depravity of human culture, and looked on in disgust as they ravaged forests to fulfill their petty desires...." "That was when I removed myself from their society, and took to life in the woodlands." he trailed off thinking over his answer... the suddenly commenced speaking "As to your second question, I have always lived around dogs. I was given Duma as a pup, and have had her ever since. Ruin, and Rage I found after their mother had been slaughtered by hunters about a year ago"

"I am a lover of all wildlife, but it seems like only dogs are willing to give up their freedom for companionship" "I dream of taming other animals, and having a multitude of different beasts living in harmony, but that is for the future."

He looked over at his kelvic friend and asked "Does that make any sense?" "I'm not used to rambling on about my past... or my dreams."

Then he saw Duma dart off into a bush, and come back joyfully holding a bag. Presumably Kita's belongings. He watched as she went off into the woods, and then sat down to stroke behind Duma's ears. He wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings so when Kita spoke it shattered his thoughts, and he jumped up in surprise.
"Okay, I am all set now. Is there anything we have to do now? I could hunt for our next meal if you want. I don't want to weigh you and your pack down."

Calming himself Lookos answered "Well at the moment we have plenty of food at camp, but I will definatly take you up on your offer when it's is needed" he said now smiling
[End Thread]

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on August 10th, 2010, 3:42 am

Thread Award!

Lookos
Exp +1 Observation, +1 Canine Training, +1 Interrogation, +1 Philosophy
Lore Lore of Kelvics (Foxes, Basic)

Kita
Exp +1 Running, +1 Observation, +1 Seduction
Lore Canine Conversation

Additional Comments Nice thread. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me and we'll work out a solution. Keep up the good writing.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous