Closed Honorable Chaktawe Make The Best Guides [Sewati]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Honorable Chaktawe Make The Best Guides [Sewati]

Postby Lumara on August 30th, 2013, 8:43 am

13th Day of Summer, 513 A.V.
Nazim's Folly, fifteen days east of Yahebah, late at night...

The ringing of Steel spread out across the Desert night. Screaming in short, angry intervals. A small hut at the edge of the folly brimmed with the light of a blistering forge. Every window thrown open in a desperate attempt to catch the midnight breeze. The Moon hung low in the night sky, swollen to the point of bursting.

Lumara crouched over a barrel of dirty peanut oil. Dipping in the blade and watching as it exploded in flame with a satisfying crackle. A faint smile dancing across her sooty mouth. Peanut Oil was a rare commodity but one Nazim was happy enough to provide. well, it was cooked with time and time again. No longer worth more than a few coppers at best.

It went through the strainer several times but bits of food were bound to get through. She wondered what kind of imperfections it would create as she pulled it out with tongs. Waiting for it to cool as she sat on a short crude bench.

Tomorrow it would be the grindstone to finish and after that another blade. None of the knives were for keeps. All would go to Nazim to repay him for his kindness and lodging. The trade was definitely uneven but that didn't matter. Nazim was a valuable asset on the Burning Sands. If he was happy, she was happy.

A firm knock on the door made her jump. She hadn't noticed herself drifting off until fear shoved her into alertness. Grabbing a hammer she scurried to the door and out of sight of any windows. I thought I told him not to bother me here. Working with forges in any climate was enough to make someone dehydrated and faint. But doing so in the Desert could be fatal. Clean Water must be on hand at all times and clothing wasn't an option. Especially the heavy robes Lumara was accustomed to. Leather apron, gloves and boots were all that was needed for safety, and even that was boiling.

Despite her race being known she didn't need anyone getting an eyeful. Nazim agreed not to come around for these reasons. She leaned her back against the door, bracing it as she called out. "Nazim?"

Last edited by Lumara on October 14th, 2013, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumara
Heart of a Human, voice of a Konti.

Words: 8943
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2013, 1:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Sewati on October 4th, 2013, 8:23 pm

The stars were bright in the sky, an endless array of shining diamonds on a deep black satin sheet. Sewati enjoyed the cool night air against his skin as he lay on his back outside his tent, looking up at the midnight view. His head was cradled on his hands, as the red tint of his skin was graced by the glow of moonlight.

He had returned to his tribe during the day, collecting his tent and horse in the process. He had told his mother that he would be at Nazim's Folly, she did not try to stop him or ask why, only told him to be safe. He avoided the rest of his tribe and left without even so much as a goodbye.

He was at peace here. He knew it would end when the tribe moved on and he would have to follow, but for now he enjoyed having his tent pitched at the folly, with his horse standing asleep nearby. He felt comfortable around Lumara, even Nazim as well, although he mostly just growled to himself in a language Sewati did not understand. While the few traders who passed through did not even give Sewati a second look.

Sleep drifted over him like a heavy veil, lazily sweeping across his body and settling on his mind like a thick mist. He lay there under the moonlight, his wide chest moving up and down slowly as his whole body relaxed.

Then he was suddenly woken by the ringing of steel. He sat bolt upright, his head snapping around in a daze. The only thought going through his head was "fighting". He scrabbled in to his tent on hands and knees, grabbing his kopis blade in one large hand and sprung to his feet.

The ringing was coming from a nearby hut, echoing through the night air. He stalked through the Folly, keeping one of his shoulders up against a building. The ringing ceased but he could see one of the huts leaking angry red light. He quietly made his way towards it, glancing through the window momentarily before heading to the door.

He was about to burst through, when his mind reeled back slightly and he realised what he had seen through the window. He was not certain, but he was sure he had seen a pale backside. He hesitated for a moment, wondering what to do. Then he knocked, better to check and make sure nothing was wrong than do nothing.

There was silence, it seemed to drag on for Sewati as he waited nervously. Then he heard Lumara call out.

'Sewati,' he called back, 'you have danger?'
Sewati
Player

Words: 19540
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Lumara on November 22nd, 2013, 2:29 am

"No, no danger." She breathed heavy, relief unclenching her stomach. "Did I wake you?" Asking without needing to know the obvious, she paused before going on. "I-I'm not decent, so give me a moment." She started quickly for the bench with her clothes underneath. Quickly stopping and hopping back to the door, as she noticed the open windows. Fear of discovery gave way to barely contained laughter as she realized what he must of saw before. A disheveled grit covered Konti in an apron and boots.

"Don't go peaking in the windows as I change! I'll be very cross if you do." She dashed to the bench and grabbed what she could before skittering back to the door and privacy. Stripping off the suet covered apron and pulling on her white tunic and sandy breeches. Both of which she thought she kept clean. But black powdery stains stated otherwise. And her unkempt grimy hands agreed. She didn't know whether to laugh or shout at her own stupidity. Before she could make up her mind, she grabbed her neck-piece and wrapped it loosely around her scaled gils. Thankful that everything about her that screamed not human was easy to cover with scarf and shirt.

"Sorry for waking you Sewati." She said breathlessly, opening the door for him. "I forget you were out there. Come in and shut the door behind you." She offered him a place next to her by the work bench farthest away from the forge.

Lumara
Heart of a Human, voice of a Konti.

Words: 8943
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2013, 1:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet