I put on pants AND a shirt to say hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

I put on pants AND a shirt to say hello!

Postby Kadarus on August 27th, 2009, 5:02 am

1. My real name is horrible. Sickening. I'm talking, if it was real, I'd hit it with a bat and tell it its mother is a woman of ill repute and bad social standing. So please, call me Dan, lol.

2. It's hard to put a number on it, because I hate numbers, and I just can't really remember when I started, only where, lol. I suppose, if I had to, it's almost been about ten years, mainly with text based RP's. Tried a tabletop once, but I didn't enjoy it too much, and nobody was fond of my "stab it in the liver" approach to every single obstacle that rose up.

3. Zaira (or Dommi, whichever you folks call her here) gave me a link the one evening, and then I spent several days going over all the info. What immediately hooked me was the races - detailed, unique, it was a breath of fresh air from the elf/dwarf/human Tolkein stuff.

4. I've written on a lot of forums, with several different styles, but my roots lay in fantasy.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I took my entire last summer off of writing - a really stupid decision, since I got pretty rusty - I used to be excellent at settings and atmosphere, from what I was told. I'm another person that enjoys character development, and I think a persopnal strong point of mine is dialogue - though it can be a little stilted or shaky, depending on how long I've been playing one character or another. Unfortunately, through the years, I've worked myself into a niche; I just can't play heroes. If I do, they're not convincing at all, or I overdo it.

6. Oh, aside from the races, it's the wiki. All of the information, once absorbed, made it simple for me to make Kade. It's absolutely rare that one ever finds a forum with so much detail, crafted with so much care. I'm impressed with the Gods and religion, and I enjoyed the take on elemental magic (reimancy).

7. Really, the only thing that can come to mind was which character to make! I had been filling out a different CS for a Reimancer I may still bring in later, but on top of him and this one, I had at least four or five different character ideas going through my head, lol.

8. What I'm looking for is the same thing I always look for in forums - to have fun, write with and plot with interesting people (which, I'll add, you all certainly are, I spent a little more time reading a lot of posts, too) and I'd love to write an entertaining, involving story with Kade. Because hey, writing with yourself can be awfuuuullly boring.

9. I can't honestly think of a thing, lol. I mean, the world ityself is wide and involving, you all have a very nice take on the "levelling" system - I used to attend a form that just did exp., instead of the skill thing, which is something an admin and I discussed at said previous site.

10. Hmm...drawing a blank here, too! I need a cigarette. Oh, and I don't have quite the cake fetish that Dommi has. In fact, I usually pass on the stuff.

Unless it's Red Velvet. Or Carrot. Oh, and don't let me plot too much. I go insane and then I can't stop.
"Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter."
- Hector of Troy, Iliad XXII, Lines 304-5
Kadarus
Bestiarius

Words: 31081
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2009, 8:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Re: I put on pants AND a shirt to say hello!

Postby Liminal on August 27th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Since there are types of cake you like, we'll give you a pass on that one ^_~

Welcome! Glad to see you here.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zaira on August 27th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Oy do not try to act like you won't be begging for a slice of that cannibal cake after I figure out what it is and cut into it. Nice to see you finally dragged yourself over though.

hmm 'have fun' sounds ominous, so...

Have Fun
Zaira
The Wanderer

Words: 30459
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2009, 2:14 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Kadarus on August 27th, 2009, 2:26 pm

I'm pretty sure if you cut into that cannibal cake it'll shriek and spit acid and scream withering abuse at everyone in the nearby vicinity.

....let's do it.
"Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter."
Kadarus
Bestiarius

Character sheet
Lore Author (1)

Postby Malia on August 27th, 2009, 5:19 pm

Welcome, Dan!

Your writing style sounds like fun, since I also enjoy atmosphere and a good setting myself. And I agree on the topic of heroes ... almost all of them get really boring after some time. Everyday people like you and me are far more interesting!
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on August 27th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! :) Enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.

Also, cakes rule the world. In fact, I shouldn't be telling you this, but the final boss in Mizahar is a giant cake. The Mysticake.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Velnerin Lyaste on August 27th, 2009, 8:33 pm

And after we defeat the evil Cake Lord Whom Must Not Be Named, we will celebrate with... cake.

We'll just cut around the teeth.
"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!" ~If you can guess where I got this quote, I'll give you 10 imaginary points.
Velnerin Lyaste
Captain Awesome

Words: 653
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 1:00 pm
Race: Symenestra

Postby Gossamer on August 28th, 2009, 8:25 am

Its really nice meeting someone new! Thanks for dropping by and I really did get a kick out of your answers. I hope to see you around... and now that your in my city, I imagine I'll get to interact a little as well.

Btw... I like your kelvic concept. The proper term for your overly large canine is 'Talderian Wolf' rather than Dire Wolf. Taldera grows everything huge. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Colombina on August 28th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Pants?! Wow, I feel really special right now. :D And while, your "stab in the liver" approach may not have worked on tabletop, I believe it is a fitting resolution to real life conflict. Cold coffee? Stab barrista in the liver. Someone cuts in line at the grocery store? That's a stabbing in the liver. Huge truck parks way too close to your car? Stab in the oil pan, then stab owner in the liver.

All that to say, welcome, and here is your cake in honor of your PC's violent streak:

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Kadarus on August 28th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Lmao, how fitting that cake truly is will be known in the next couple of days when a certain, possibly wingless Zith puts up her CS.

It's usually either stab in the liver, or facesmash with axe...I've been told I'm not supposed to do things like that anymore...

Thank you all for the welcomes, I'm slowly settling myself in. And thank you, Gossamer, for the info, I promptly editted that up so as not to look like a complete idiot. I suppose that I still have a long way to go in the research of the world, lol.
Kadarus
Bestiarius

Character sheet
Lore Author (1)

Next