Familiary:Getting to know your other half

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rojeck Harl on July 29th, 2010, 4:42 am

Rojeck had begin to peruse the book he took on Familiary and wished that he had had it before he asked Roghon for Fyrden's coordinates and before he had chosen Senesus, it would have helped. However Senesus was here and bonded to him now so he would make the best of it. The big fellow was actually spinning around him and flowing over him, constantly in motion, seeming to calm down.

He turned to the first page and it read " The novice Familarist should be aware that he or she is making a decision for life so he or she must be prepared to accept the consequences of that decision." He chuckled as he knew exactly now what that meant, bonding with Senesus had definitely changed his life and he was not yet sure how to get the big warfreak to stop attacking or trying to attack everything that threatened him. He continued

"The one thing that the novice must know is that the bond between wizard and familiar is two way and that either participant can take advantage of it and the benefits and power thereof. So the wizard must form a relationship with the familiar that does not make the Familiar feel it must take control. This is usually formed during the first stages. The best relationship is a mutual friendship where both parties benefit."

He put the book down and started speaking to Senesus Senesus, I think that we should concentrate on being friends. I know you tend to think that you must attack everything that threatens you. I also know that I must seem weak for not doing so nor allowing you to do so. The reason I hesitate is that here you are not the strongest or most powerful being and there are so many Mizaharans that you will never be that no matter what.

He went on to explain"Take Guvronsek, I know he really did attack you and then put you in the dark...even worse than attacking you. But I can tell you he is a more powerful wizard than his frail body shows. If you had attacked him he could have and would have killed us both with not much effort. You have to choose which battles to fight and which to pass up.

The big Sarawanki was obviously agitated at Rojecks seeming cowardice "Thenth Rotheck You Muth die figthing. That ith th way of thingth."

He seemed to think for a while and said"Althouth living would be pretherableth. Thoo maybe I can lernth thith rethrtaint from you." It was as if the big guy understood that he had to live first and foremost. In his world living was a matter of being stronger than everyone else, this was the way Senesus thought and it would take practice to change that.

He thought about what to do for a long while while he leafed through the book.
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rojeck Harl on August 4th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Rojeck put down his book again and decided to test Senesus to find out what he could do and how far their bond extended. He was anxious to know what they could do as a team since their lives would depend on being very honed. He concentrated on the bond between himself and Senesus.Alright my friend,we are going to do some training. I need you to do what I ask of you and trust me that no harm will come to you as long as you are my Familiar.

Senesus thoughts through the bond were disdainful and aggressive.Yeah like you have protected me so far? I have been attacked and thrown into the dark.

Rojeck gave a sigh and calmed his thoughts,Yes but did I not offer to take a beating for you? Did I not also do the best I could to get you light? I am learning too you know, I have not had a Familiar before, you must be patient with me.

Senesus shivered at that and kind of flattened out but not in an aggressive stance. I see that, however now that I'm here what's to stop me from taking control and forcing you to do what I will?

Rojeck said simply You cannot prevent me from ending my unlife Senesus. No matter what you do that is not possible, if I must hold that over you to get you to calm down then so be it. If I die, you die if I get hurt,you get hurt. In the end I am the one in control as I decide if we live or die. I don't want it to come to that, but I will if you force me to.

Senesus again reacted with fear at the mention of dying and it seemed to again take the edge off his aggressive nature.You would end your unlife? I find that highly unlikely. You are bluffing me?

Rojeck again made himself very clearNo Senesus I'm not, do not force my hand.

Senesus seemed to calm then Okay then we do this your way, if I don't like it, I will tell you.

Rojeck nodded,I expect you to and I will take your needs and wants into consideration.

Thank you Master said Senesus

Not Master, Rojeck. You are not my slave, you will be my friend you should call me by name.

Senesus seemed pleased by that and Rojeck continued.Alright Senesus, show me your skills.

Senesus laughed as he whirled around RojeckAs you have seen I can spit and fly. My body can change its size and thickness. Let me show you.

Senesus then flattened like an egg and continued to flatten till he resembled a puddle that could easily flow through cracks and crevices. Rojeck smiled as this was useful when they started sharing senses. He looked at a space between the bookshelves and said to SenesusI want you to try and squeeze between the bookcases, lets see how thin you can become

Senesus returned to his globular form and then hovered over to the bookshelf and began to thin and flatten himself until he could flow like a puddle of quicksilver between the shelves, it did not take long at all before he was completely in the small space. The in a motion that looked like the shelves were bleeding silvery water he flowed back out and resumed his globular shape. How was that Rojeck?

Excellent my friend. That makes you very useful to me in many ways, we will be doing a lot of looking in on people who do not want to be disturbed, you can do that nearly undetected.

He went onOkay you can change your size you said, how big or small can you get?

Senesus saidNo larger than I am naturally, however I can get somewhat smaller. He shrunk down to more the size of Guvvie and Rohgon s familiars and perched on Rojeck's shoulder still moving constantly always shimmering and flowing around him.Rojeck allowed this as he knew it was a Sarawanki's nature to be movingHow was that Rojeck? Did you like that? Are you pleased with me? Please say you are

The Sarawankis constant chatter amused Rojeck and he allowed Senesus to run on for a while before sayingYes I am Senesus. Lyderia could take on certain forms, she preferred something like a jar or a wineskin, can you do the same?

I think so but I would need to see one first.

Rojeck nodded and looked through his supplies, he actually carried a wineskin to look human so he showed it to Senesus.This is a wineskin, it is hollow inside and you put liquids in it it can expand, you could fit in it if you desired.

The big Sarawanki flowed around the skin and then he flowed inside it and it expanded to fit him for the most part. He examined every aspect of it and then seemed to quiver and shimmer and Rojeck could feel his concentration as he tried to mimic it. He was able to make a shape like the skin but its appearance was that of a bubble shaped like a skin.

That was good Senesus, it will take practice to get the shape right, we will work on it every day till you can mimic it. I hate ta ask you to stay still, but there will be times when disguising yourself will be an asset to us.

He wondered what they should do next.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rojeck Harl on August 6th, 2010, 3:55 am

Rojeck was glad that he needed neither sleep nor food nor drink as the efforts of summoning Senesus and going through the training would have exhausted a living wizard and he would not have learned as much as he had in the one day Senesus had been with him. Senesus had a highly aggressive nature and that would be a problem here, however he thought that he could keep him under control by helping him to realize that he could far more easily die here if he attacked the wrong thing or at the wrong time or in the wrong way. That would take some time out in the world letting him see what there was to see.

He noted in the book that Familiars were actually very powerful in their own right and deserved to be treated as powerful beings. The ability to draw upon the bond for Djed made it possible for Senesus to boost Rojeck's casting ability if they could arrive at a reasonable agreement about that. He was also reading that Senesus would in time become even more powerful,taking on various forms. He also read that Senesus would be able to absorb his skills and magic, this made the need to befriend him and make him a true Mizaharan even more critical. It also meant that he had to curb the big fellow's temper.

He thought again about the light issue. He knew that Senesus would never get completely over his fear of the dark, that was due to the fact that he never had been in it. He also knew that he would have to keep him warm during the winters as his side of Fyrden was boiling hot it also would make him easily killed by freezing. He would have to figure out how to protect him from those things. All the while the big fellow was whizzing around him and flowing in and out of his robes.

He finally looked up from his book and smiled at Senesus,Well my friend I think that its best to work on your fear of the dark. Now I know you will never truly overcome it, Lyderia did not. However I want you to know that now that I have the stone you will never be without light.

He rose and began extinguishing the lights at he had seen Guvvie do. One by one they went out and he reached into his pocket withdrawing the stone but keeping it covered. He could sense Senesus growing more and more agitated as the room became more and more dark. He did not seem to become agitated though himself.

Senesus I have the stone, you will not be without light. Finally the last light went out and he opened his hand revealing the light that shone around him. Senesus calmed right away and flowed around his arm near the stone. You werth ritht Rotheck. You did thith thime provith the light. You hath kepth you promith thooo me.You reallthy dith. he flowed happily and chattered the whole time through the bond. Rojeck knew that with each promise kept the bond between them would grow and become richer.

No matter how bad it becomes Senesus you must believe that I will keep my promises. I in turn will never make you a promise I cannot keep or figure out how to keep.

He knew there was still much to work on but this was a good start. He still wanted to get some more practice in before taking on Guvvie's task
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rojeck Harl on August 10th, 2010, 3:49 am

Rojeck knew that some of this would be Senesus learning what he could do because of Rojeck. He would have to read the book to get details of what could and could not be done. He knew that it all depended on how long Senesus had been in Mizahar as to how deep their bond would become.

The book had really ceased to be informative in a way that would deepen the bond between him and Senesus. Now it covered concepts that were beyond him , however it did tell him that Senesus would be able to siphon off his own skills and powers in time and would become as powerful if not more in his own right than Rojeck himself. This worried him a bit as he knew that if he could not gain Senesus total loyalty before that time they would have to die or he would have to Void him and neither thing did he wish to do.

He again put down the book and spoke to Senesus who had been flowing around him chattering the whole time. So my friend,would you like to learn about Mizahar? At least what I have learned about it in a century of living? I too can tell a story or two. He knew the big Sarawanki liked to tell stories, so perhaps he would give him a few that were not so morbid.

Yeth I would like thath very muth Rotheck Said Senesus as he began shimmering and flowing in a way that indicated he was listening.

Well The let me tell you the story of how I became a Nuit. It also involves why I ultimately came here to meet and bond with you my friend. He continued.
I was born in an area of Mizahar called Taldera. It is mot like Sahova where you are at all. There are great tall,living things called trees there that are unlike any in the whole world. They are so big that one could build a city in them. My mother had a Sarawanki named Lyderia and she could summon. Lyderia was smaller than you and by the time I could remember her, she had quite a few talents. She and my mother were companions, Lyderia even tolerated my father and I although she needed reassurances that she was still important to my mother. It was the relationship between them that led me to find you as I think a companion during my immortality would be nice.

Senesus shimmered and wiggled at this as if he were pleased and Rojeck went on.

My mother taught me everything she knew about Summoning, how to draw circles and how to cast lines to summon something from the portal. She also taught me a special kind of magic called Webbing that she learned from a Drykas shaman who's life she saved before settling in Taldera. I knew from that moment I wanted to be a Mage. I also knew I wanted to know everything there was to know and a Human's life was far too short. So I began to seek the secret of immortality.

It brought me to a place called Syliras which is a huge city built around a fortress on the mainland, I will take you there someday if you learn to behave properly its a fascinating place. But there I met a cloaked stranger who told me he'd teach me the way. He must have drugged my ale because I fell asleep and when I woke I was In another body and mine had obviously been killed. He told e i was undead now and showed me how to transfer bodies when I needed a new one. That is how I became a Nuit..in the short form.

Senesus shimmered in a way that meant the next story should be a bit more detailed and Rojeck laughed..it had indeed been too long since he told a story and he would have to get better to keep his new friend amused.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rojeck Harl on August 22nd, 2010, 5:49 am

Rojeck had begun to figure out many things about his new companion and the first was that Senesus was out for Senesus so the more he could convince him that things were in his best interest the more he would get out of him. He also was observing that Senesus could be bribed..provided the bribe was ample enough.

The big Sarawanki was flowing around him shimmering and talking in his mind nonstop and he knew this was just normal Sarawanki behavior. He wondered exactly what he could do next before Guvronsek returned and they had to accomplish their mission. He spoke to Senesus

"Well my friend, I guess we should simply talk, you do not have to speak out loud as I can hear you just fine in my mind. Mizahar is a very different world from Fyrden..it is better and worse at the same time. It is a nicer place in that it is a more stable world. But here you are not familiar with all the forms of life and as i said before you never know what you are facing or how powerful it is till you actually have to face it. You also said that living is better than dying..I agree and to get power is the goal..for us both. You must trust me to know when to fight and when not to. It will be hard but I promise we will never be cowards..but we will be alive to argue about it.

He and Sensus continued talking and working together throughout the day and night as he did not need to sleep nor do anything a living person needed to do.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on August 25th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Rojeck Harl

• Familiary 2
  • Persuasion 2
  • Storytelling 1
  • Lore of reasoning with a Sarawanki
  • Lore of using the familiar's bond
  • Lore of making a promise

Additional Notes: Although this is concise, I believe you have covered enough ground to get-to-know your familiar. Remember though, you won't always be buddy-buddy with your Sarawanki ;)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)