Completed Learning Kama

Hiwalani practices using Kama

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Learning Kama

Postby Hiwalani Kau'i on September 2nd, 2013, 11:44 am

Summer 90, 513 AV
14th Bell

It has been forever. The first time he set foot out of the city since he was four. He was frightened and excited all at the same time, but he knew that he had to move forward if he were going to make it away from the city. Since his mother was a farmer he had learned how to use kama to cut weeds, but his mother had taught him little else, she was too busy working to ever spend quality time with her son. Now Hiwalani had a pair of Kama for himself and he knew that he had much to learn. He set out from Stronghold, not too far, but far enough so that he wouldn't bother or be bothered by anybody.

He took it in and it was stunning. He was struck by the magnificent beauty of the 'not civilization'. He was scared, he was amazed, and most of all he was curious. With his pair Kama at hand, he marched in looking at the sky, the trees, the plants below. When he was only about a mile away from the front gates, he stopped. He gripped his weapons and was determined to show his power (to the surrounding shrubs and weeds).

He spent approximately 2 bells working on trimming the front lawn of The Stronghold, before he actually decided to work on technique. He tried to copy the knights posture and weapon handling. He even asked patrolling knights personally how to correctly fight. And even though they had extensive knowledge on weaponry, he picked up little about it. Still, he began to learn how to use the sickle like tools as actual weapons, rather than weed wackers.

When the 17th bell of the day struck he had just finished weeding in a circle about 18 feet in diameter. He was debating whether or not to go back to The Traveler's Row. Suddenly he heard a rustle in brush outside his weeded circle. Curiosity over came him and he slowly approached the source of the sound. A small squirrel. He thought in the heat of the moment and took a swing. A small animal scream filled the air. Did I actually kill it? Hiwalani was stunned. A cold shiver ran through his spine. It lay there lifeless. Bleeding, but not responding when he tried to poke it with a stick. Its fur was soft when his hands brushed it. It swayed in the breeze when he picked it up. After a few minutes, he felt guilty and even cried a little when he realized he actually ended a life, even though it was only an animal.

None the less, He felt satisfied with the now five bells he spent outside the city walls and took another one for himself to enjoy the scenery. When he returned to The Traveler's Row, his arms felt rather tight and the skin on his hands were getting raw. Maybe they'll toughen up. Hiwalani thought to himself on his way back. He wondered what to do with the dead squirrel that he accidentally killed.

Hiwalani Kau'i
Player

Words: 9244
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2013, 3:15 am
Race: Human

Learning Kama

Postby Radiant on October 7th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Hiwa :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Weapon: Kama +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Beauty Of Nature
Accidental Kill
Learning To Use The Kama

Loots

Notes :
I suggest making your solos longer, at least 3 medium/long length posts. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)