Completed Unique Occurrences Like... (Yuki)

Xen enters the jungle in search of models and finds something he'd never seen before.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Unique Occurrences Like... (Yuki)

Postby Xen on September 9th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Fall 4, 513 A.V.

“ The sun was just rising in the sky but the jungle was active, acting as though the sun had never settled. The area was bustling with life and remained the same, forgetting for but a moment that night once approached and darkened the sky. Hot wasn't a word for Falyndar, it was humid and rain was frequent visitor, its presence only adding more to the humidity and harshness of the temperature. The inhabitants was just as vicious and cunning—from the insects, to the mammals and lastly the reptiles. The dhani were the most notorious of the reptilian inhabitants, deadly, fierce and cold-blooded killers. The dhani have rightfully earned the title man-eaters.

A cave entrance, barely noticeable amongst the shrubbery sticks-out a great deal to the dhani, as a means to enter the surface world. A figure rises from the gloom; he walks carefully, trying not to fall on the solid cave floor. He tumbles slightly but gains his footing and walks from the entrance of the cave. The bright sunlight stings his eyes, forcing him to squint in the presence of the intense ultraviolet rays. The dhani crouches immediately to conceal himself and his presence amongst the shrubbery. Xen would never forget, as long as he lived, about the inhospitable nature of the jungle, of Falyndar.

He places a hand on the ground; his eyes close and he quiets his thoughts. Xen could feel the subtle vibrations on the ground—luckily for him, all of which weren't heavy vibrations. There were objects that remained completely still, obviously trees and plants but Xen knew that predators would go to great lengths in order to capture prey. A few predators would remained still for hours on end, waiting for prey that they could ambush. He was careful in what actions he made his, branches that would likely make noise were either moved out of the way, or avoided, if they were to large to move.

Xen believed he was at a good start, he kept quiet and paused in seconds when the jungle would become silent. Xen placed his back up against a tree that wasn't to far from the cave, he could see those who exited the cave from his angle but others probably wouldn't see him. He kept his weapon on his side, as he observed the canopy, he was looking for something but what?”
Last edited by Xen on September 18th, 2013, 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Unique Occurences Like... (Yuki)

Postby Shirayuki on September 9th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Raising her hand to her mouth as she yawned, Shirayuki almost stumbled as she walked towards the entrance -or exit, depending on how one looks at it- of Zinrah. Fingering the silver collar on her neck, Shirayuki gave a small smile. Thinking back, it has been quite awhile since she was captured by her mistress, Aka. Thanks to that, Yuki is capable of exploring the tunnels of Zinrah, without being snacked upon by a snake-hybrid known as Dhanis. I just wish they stop looking at me like I am a walking meal. Wait, comparing my height to them, I would be a snack probably..., her gloomy thoughts surfaced for a short moment, before being brushed away. As she walked through the entrance of the Tunnels, she looked around carefully, and listening carefully. Without finding anything dangerous in the vicinity, Shirayuki edged out slowly a short distance of several feet, worried about the stories of Myrians that she has heard off.
Shirayuki
Tiny Moe Doll

Words: 30596
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 2:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on September 10th, 2013, 1:08 am

Twisted Coil

Huh?

Xen was observing the canopy but for some reason looks downwards back onto the forest floor where he was. There was a young girl; he was surprised because he was certain that no one was behind him. He figured that she might have come from a separate tunnel and didn't place his suspicions upon her. Xen observed her for a few seconds and stood-up from his hiding stop. The viper didn't know how to approach the young lady; she was different from the constrictors and was much shorter than them.

Xen dusted some plant litter from his clothing and he carefully approached Yuki. He made sure his presence was known, as he brushes against a few plants to make some noise. The viper grew accustomed to the habits of the constrictors; he knew that serpents did not enjoy being surprised. Xen was now concerned about his surroundings with the noise he made, animals that could have been perfect models may have been frightened by him and fled. Once he was in a healthy speaking distance. Xen spoke smoothly, trying not to startle the young lady in front of him.

“ Hello?”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shirayuki on September 10th, 2013, 1:30 am

Looking around, and carefully observing how the wildlife seemed to survive the heavy torrential downpours of the summer, and how it gave the plants a different look compared to those back in Zeltiva. However, her comparisons and observations were interrupted as she heard a rustling behind her. Pivoting on her foot, she carefully watched for the origins of the noise. Finally, what felt like an eternity of waiting -only a few ticks-, walked out a man. So tall!, was the first thing that Shirayuki thought. Hearing that the man had greeted her, she timidly waved back, speaking in a softer voice, "Hi...?".
Shirayuki
Tiny Moe Doll

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on September 10th, 2013, 4:11 am

Twisted Coil

Xen just stares at Yuki, he couldn't imagine that he'd see a person so small! He didn't want to seem crazy but he sure would have picked the little lady up and took her home with him. Xen couldn't figure out what Yuki was, he'd never seen anything so tiny and unique. She lacked claws, yes but the viper was memorized by the strangeness of this creatures form. Xen places a hand onto his chin and scrutinizes the obviously female being in front of him, he couldn't get any strange vibes to come off of her.

What are you?

Xen didn't want to ask such a rude question but he wanted to know, if she had any special qualities, he'd be the first to mimic them. The viper smirked within his thoughts, he'd found something, something good and he didn't need to chase it. The branches above suddenly bursts with life, small birds and primates were running from something. He figured it wasn't to big, or he would have seen it by now but the birds and little monkeys didn't like it—whatever it was. Xen's eyes darted across the canopy, he saw nothing which made him go on edge... a little.

“ ... ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shirayuki on September 10th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Looking the man up and down, taking note of his appearance. Wearing black clothing, from head to toe, and dark colored skin. If it wasn't for his hair, this man might've been able to camouflage in the midst of shadows, just by standing still. Indigo eyes, with the shade towards the darker end of the spectrum. Her observations were once again interrupted, as the man asked what was she. What, what am I? Why would I be asked such a question?, she thought curiously to herself. Well, the best way to find out the answer to a question she doesn't have the answer to, is just ask.

"I am a human. Why are you curious? Your also human too, unless...", Shirayuki responded, but her words died out, as she had a sudden thought. Aka also looks like a human, but has the ability to turn into a snake. "...unless your the same  race as Aka.", Yuki added, why carefully watching out for the man's response.
Shirayuki
Tiny Moe Doll

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on September 11th, 2013, 4:10 am

Twisted Coil

A human... what was that? A human, he had never heard of such a thing, could it fly, or climb up walls? The viper was momentarily distracted by the questions that were bubbling inside his head. What special traits did this human have, could he have her help him find other unique creatures like her within the jungle. Yes! That was great idea, or was it? He didn't know her to well and the human sure wouldn't just agree to go in the jungle with a strange male. Xen thought about it, he was awfully awkward with young women, especially when asking one to help him. Xen curses his hidden bashfulness.

No. I'm not a human but a dhani! Who'sss Aka?

“ ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shirayuki on September 11th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Nodding in confirmation, with an expression that seemed to say 'Just as I thought', Shirayuki pondered for a moment. This man was also a Dhani, the same as Aka. But, comparing his behavior to the rest of the Dhanis, he didn't look at her as if she was an edible meal. This man had the gaze not unlike those philosophers back in Zeltiva. Hearing the man ask who Aka is, she responded, "Aka? She is also a Dhani, and my mistress. Just like you....uh...", before remembering she did not even know the name of this man. "Uh...I'm Shirayuki! And you are...?", she asked, while holding out her hand.
Shirayuki
Tiny Moe Doll

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on September 11th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Twisted Coil

“Mistressss Aka, has a nice ring to it. I'm kssssen... Err, just call me Jori, Ssshirayuki. ”

Xen extended his right hand and shook Yuki's hand. He realized how small Yuki's hand was and grinned a little. The viper enjoyed the friendly gesture and was beginning to like the human, he began to steadily wonder if all humans were so small and nice. Xen's previous thought came back to him, he could ask her to help him find models within the jungle. There was probably something in the jungle he could use as a model somewhere close by.

“ Yuki, if I can call you that. I'm looking for modelsss and was wondering if you could help me find at leassst two. ”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on September 11th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Thirty chimes ago, At The Residential Wing...

Another fine day in the jungle, the insects were loud, daytime predators prowling, Myrians patrolling, and Dhanis stalking. Though the short Viper in human form named Aka found herself twitching at the sight of an empty cage in her cavern-room. She had just come back from working as a reimancer in building the tunnel for some rest, she wanted to 'play' with her slave-doll, but alas, Yuki was not there. Aka hissed in annoyance, she did grant the small human permission to wander Zinrah as long as she kept the collar on, signifying the human as hers, but Aka was beginning to reconsider her decision. Yuki ventured out far too much nowadays, stretching Aka's hospitality, she would remind her on who was the Mistress when she found her.

Sighing in disappointment mixed with slight frustration the Viper went to her table first, wanting to redraw her palm-glyphs before venturing out to find her slave. She picked up her brush with her right hand, dipped it into her ink pot filled with inscribing paint then began the - somewhat - enjoyable process of painting the glyphs. She drew a circle mark over her eye-shaped mark, giving them decorations such as squigglies that represented snakes, and finally painted over her eye-shape. She let the ink dry from half a chime before beginning the painstaking process of drawing with her - non-dominant - left hand. The circle looked like a potato and the squigglies looked like worms instead of snakes... at least, it was a glyph, no matter how ugly it was. Putting the brush down, Aka sighed, stood up, and stomped out of her cave in an annoyed state.

A Few Moments Later...

Where the hell are you, Yuki?! Her scarlet eyes darted around, but she couldn't spot the small human, only constrictors patrolling, tunnels, and... one of the cavern entrances up ahead. Was the human hiding from her? Oh, Mistress would sure give her a lot of punishments, two full bowls of roasted tapir meat it is!

"Who are you looking for, Sssmall fry?" A Dhani guard in his dhani form decided to step in, it would be better for this firesnake to get the petch out of his patrol location, he wouldn't want to be held responsible for letting the small fry burning down the nest. Well, he might be exaggerating but still...

"*Sigh*..." Aka exhaled, she was getting tired of being called "small fry", but it was the fact, being called like that over and over made her begrudgingly accepted it. Heck, it was true, humans often mistook her for an middle teenage girl, let alone these massive cousins of hers. Shaking her head, she decide to humor the guard, who knows, he might be able to help her. "I'm looking for my ssslave, a human, tiny, yesss! Before you asssk! Tinier than me!"

"Oh? Tiny human? The one with brown hair, blue eyes, and wearing a collar? That your ssslave?" The guard saw Yuki walked pass him a few chimes ago, one couldn't really miss the human, her tiny form and appearance stood up like a monkey among snakes.

"Yeah! That'sss her! Where isss ssshe?" Aka's scarlet eyes figuratively shone with excitement, the guard's descriptions were spot-on!

"Hehe~ Why ssshould I tell you, hmmm?"

"Grrrr..." Alright, now this constrictor was just messing with her. Aka gritted her teeth and put both of her hands to her waist "Becaussse... a bad accident might happen to you if you don't tell me? Sssomething related to fire? Ssseehehe~" He wanted to play a game? She would indulge him.

"Ooooh~" The guard put up his massive hands in mock fear, but he couldn't help but feel just a tad bit intimidated. He had heard that the Viper defeated Senka, an experienced wrestler and warrior of Zinrah, in single combat. It may or may not be true, but the guard didn't want to find out "Alright, sssmall fry, whatever you sssay, ssshe just went out of this tunnel earlie-"

"Great! Kay thanksss bye!" Without even waiting for the guard to finish, Aka zipped away, her lithe limbs swiftly making her way to the cavern's entrance. The guard just shook his head and murmured in disbelief.

Outside...

"Yuki? Yuuuuuki? Where aaaare youuuuu?!" Aka shouted, directing it to nobody in particular. After a few chimes of shouting, which was answered by the sound of monkeys in the distance, Aka began to realize her own stupidity. Oh wait... that guard lied to me, didn't he?! Petch that shyke!! Aaaargh! I'll make him paaaay! She was about to turn around, mind filled with devious plans for that good-for-nothing guard, but she stopped. Her eardrums caught something... voices. That sounded like... She slowly made her way to the general direction of the sounds, pushing through thick vegetation, peeking her head to find...

Found you... Yuki talking with a... Huh? W-who is that guy? man with shot black hair and red eyes. Aka's scarlet slits narrowed in suspicion, who was this man? She never seen him before. His stature and build didn't suggest that this man was a Constrictor, no, he was much too short for that. I-is he... a... No, it couldn't be, another Viper in Zinrah?! She was not alone! Eventhough it was just an assumption, Aka was truly hoping this man was a Viper. Her grin only grew wider when the man basically admitted he was a Dhani, though she immediately twitched when both of them talked about her.

Oh hey, don't talk about me like I'm not here! They didn't notice her yet, but it annoyed her nonetheless. Aka's possessiveness over Yuki began to kick in when they introduced themselves to each other. The man's name was "Jori". A strange name for a Dhani, that's for sure. Was he a human after all? He had the usual Dhani lisp, but some humans had that.

"Oh no, you don't..." She whispered in jealousy after "Jori" asked her beloved Yuki to help him find "models". Aka didn't know what he meant by that and frankly, she didn't want to find out. The Dhani reimancer decided it was time to make herself known, she held out her right hand and a stream of reddish slimy substance exhumed from her right palm, Aka could feel the glyph helping the channel of djed and fastened the res-exhuming process as the result. The res gathered into a ball, she then ignited the outer layer and middle layer of the ball, keeping the core in res form. Ehehehe... this should do it... Hissing sinisterly, she stepped out, fireball in tow.

"Sssso~ I sssee both of you are having fun without me, hmmm? Yuki, bad bad ssslave. I will have to punisssh you later..." She twirled the fireball around while making a circling motion with her right index finger "And you, Jori, Yuki isss mine! I forbid her to go with you! Ssss! Besssidesss, you sssaid you were a Dhani? Are you a Viper? Becaussse you are not humongous like those giantsss there. And yesss, I'm Soshakuakamamushi, Yuki's Missstresss!" Her slitted eyes occasionally went from Yuki to Jori, back to Yuki, and so on, waiting for their reaction to her "dynamic" entrance.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next