[Verified by Harrier] Elan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Elan

Postby Elan on September 10th, 2013, 4:55 am

Elan

Appearance

Race: Inarta
Birthday: 19, Fall, 494 AV.
Birthplace: Wind Reach

Appearance/Description: Elan is about 5'11'' and 154 lbs. He might be considered attractive, but it's mostly his confident demeanor that makes this so. He's not as loud and direct as most Inarta but his air of confidence, some might call it arrogance, sets him apart from most other humanoids in the same age category. He is a bit on the thin side, but has a defined physique due to lean muscle gained all throughout childhood, being unfit among the Inarta is a death sentence. All this is capped by bright red hair that he keeps moderately short, green eyes, and pale but clear skin.

Character Concept

Elan is not the type of guy to to step into a bar fight and defend some poor sop he doesn't know. He is the type to hide a starving child in his kitchen while the city guard passes by, and give the child a meal for the day provided they do some minor cleaning. He is a firm believer in working hard, but not to the point of death. Elan appears to be calm but it is obvious he watches and listens to everything, he just might not choose to interfere. He isn't a coward, he just keeps to his own place, even if that place is only in his head.

Character History

Elan was born into the Chiet, or common, caste among the Inarta. He was raised in a Yasi like all other Inartan children. However Elan never impressed Eagle or an Artisan/Alvora. He is not unskilled, he just wasn't the best and he actually had to work at things that simply came natural to everyone else. In 511 AV he was informed that he was qualified to work in the communal kitchens doing simple things. No room for real improvement. So Elan did what would normally be unthinkable to most Inarta, he left Wind Reach.

Elan has a few skills he picked up before leaving Wind Reach. He studied hard to become competent in cooking. He learned a bit about basic first aid when out and about with other children his age, most of these adventures ended in minor injuries and bruised egos. His philtering skill was picked up during a Bendi assignment in the kitchens, a kindly cook showed him some interesting things involving marinating meat and vegetables to enhance flavor.

((Information about leaving Wind Reach to be played out and added to Thread List.))

Language

Fluent Language: Nari
Basic Language: Common
Third Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Cooking 30 SP Competent
Medicine 5 SP Novice
Philtering 10 SP Novice
Wilderness Survival 5 SP Novice
Weapon (Shortbow-Composite) 10 RB Novice

Lores

Lore of Inarta Culture
Lore of History of Wind Reach

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt (Beige, Rarely Worn)
-Simple Black Bryda
-Simple Undergarments (Loincloth)
-Simple Cloak or Coat (Burgundy, Mid-Length Cloak with Hood)
-Simple Boots (Black, Sturdy thick soled, lace up, sandals)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom:

Elan wears a glass work necklace that was a gift to him from a friend back in Skyinarta. It is two inches long and two inches wide and oval in shape. It has swirls of blue, silver, gold, and black. It's supposed to represent the main colors of the day and night time sky. He wears it on a leather string and rarely takes it off.

Housing

Housing: World's End Grotto

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Refunded Housing +500 GM 600 GM
Inartan Shortbow (Composite) -75 GM 525 GM
Shortbow Arrows -3 GM 522 GM

Thread List

Leaving Wind Reach
Journey
Journey
Journey

Arriving in Zeltiva
Getting a Job
Last edited by Elan on September 17th, 2013, 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elan
Player

Words: 15121
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 5:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Elan

Postby Elan on January 15th, 2014, 3:58 am

Questions and Answers

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Elan
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, my name is short enough.
3. How old are you? Nineteen, twenty in the Fall.
4. What is your height? About five eleven, not terribly tall but at least I'm not short.
5. What is your weight? Not entirely sure. I'm a bit lean, I've gotten out of the gawky stage but I've still got some growing to do.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Handsome enough not to scare off the ladies, and I guess I'm a friendly sort when it suits me.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Back in Wind Reach? Arrogant beyond my station, bitter. After leaving there, I was told I was reliable and easy to live with. Happier too.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hair, I know it's vain, but it truly reminds me of a small hearthfire on the top of my head.
4. How physically fit are you? Lean, somewhat muscular. I spent a lot of time outdoors, working, and then a year on a ship will whip anyone into shape.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Simply. That's easiest. I wear clothes that fit so they won't catch fire in the kitchen, but also loose enough to move in should I need to move quickly. When on the sea I prefer to lose any clothes above the waist.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I'm not entirely sure. Inartan children are raised collectively. I don't think I would have liked them anyway.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Not that I know of.
3. What is your extended family like? Like I said, I don't know. Even if I did I wouldn't care. They would be a few more things I left behind when I came to Zeltiva.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? More important. I made friends with several sailors on the way to Zeltiva, they were a good lot. If I ever have the pleasure of seeing them I hope to have time to spend with them before they shove off again.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Animals or Wind Eagles. I have always respected the Eagle Riders, even if I was a bit resentful. As far as other things, like rabbits, they make a good stew.

2. Where do you live now? Zeltiva.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? On the sea. I grew to love the sailor's life. But Zeltiva offers the best of both world's. So here I will remain.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I go sailing every now and again. I find sitting up in the rigging and watching the horizon sway is a particular comfort.
5. Where do you fear to be? A friend told me about a ship full of sailors that were capsized during a storm. The hull was so well made it trapped the air inside as it sunk to the bottom of the sea. All those sailors either died from the stale air, drowned in their cabins, or killed each other or themselves. Horrible way to go, I fear that ever happening to me.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Several little burn scars from ovens, a few in various places from accidents on the ship. Nothing major.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Ambidextrous, but my handwriting is prettier with my right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Nari and Common. I would like to pick up more of that Trade Speak though.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I am told that I pick at my cuticles when something is bothering me, and I pace if my hands aren't busy. I also get really focused with experimenting with recipes, at that point I whistle or click. Those are some sounds that are in the Nari language.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I know this will surprise you, but no. I don't Most sailors get them just for kicks but I never bothered. I might though, maybe to give a nod to my birthplace and another nod to my new life. I don't know yet.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I'm a cook at The World's End Grotto.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I love my work. I can cook normal things, new things, fun things. And people aren't going to tell me I can't do something because I'm not the best. Here I'm a decent cook that cooks decent food.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A cook on a ship that entertains. That way I could experiment with things like desserts, and people would actually be pleased. And not scowl at me for 'fixing' pie recipes.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Admire? I suppose I admire those sailors that have lived on the sea since they were children, like the Svefra. Except they chose that life and worked hard. I guess I admire anyone that works hard for something.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? I wouldn't want to be stuck in anything I despised. Even if it weren't a bad occupation, I don't like being forced into a set path.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I guess I was annoying. I took every chance I could get to go to the kitchens. Even traded Bendi assignments sometimes. Most of the instructors thought it was because I was lazy. The cooks tolerated me because I was quiet and paid attention. But I never really shined enough to get apprenticed.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I had been in the kitchens, like usual, and saw a cook mess up some stew that needed to be ready by dinner. He was about to toss it out when he had to go check on the bread, I threw in a few spices that smelled like they would go well with stew and another cook saw me. He sampled the stew and he told I'd done a good job. He actually said that, 'good job'. He didn't apprentice me though.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? A group of kids decided I would make a good scapegoat for some prank they planned to play on an instructor. It worked too. There's nothing like getting beaten by an angry instructor covered in rabbit entrails.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? Yet again, I never knew them.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My sea dad. That's what sailors call a mentor. Never an unkind word, yet never exaggerating praise.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? A good one by most standards. The Inarta teach their children all the basic life skills plus some. Most know a little about everything and everything about their trade. I don't know everything about mine, but I'm working on it.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning. I love it more when it's something I want to know, but more knowledge is good knowledge.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? In Wind Reach, usually on my Bendi assignments.
4. How do you learn best? By doing, if I make mistakes I remember them and don't repeat them.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Philtering is a fascinating subject, I can practically create my own spices by mixing and distilling others. I would like to be skilled in that art.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Not really, more because I never noticed the opportunities. The closest bond I have is with my sea dad. And I haven't seen him since he left port again after I left the ship.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I don't think I lean one way or another. I've never really known anyone enough to trust them.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? ...Does it matter?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes, a rather stubborn Dek girl cornered me when I was assigned to waste disposal for a ten-day. She was uncommonly pretty for a Dek.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes, and I'd rather not talk about that first time thank you.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Yes, there was a party on the ship last year and the other sailors discovered I'd never gotten drunk. I woke up the next morning on the lower main mast platform stripped to my loincloth and smelling of dried fish and booze. I was also sunburned, dehydrated, crippled by a migraine, and smelly.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? I'll have a nip every now and again, wine with dinner. But I don't get drunk on a regular basis if that's what you mean.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Wine for dinner. But I won't turn down spiced rum at a celebration. I love spiced rum.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Not as of yet. And I don't have a particular interest in it.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Recreation for the rich, life ending addictions to the poor, and something to be avoided if possible.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Cooking, researching new recipes, sampling said recipes, and sailing.
2. Do you like to read? I won't turn down a good book, especially if it's about history.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? When people say they can't change things. They can, they just aren't trying hard enough.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Walking along the beach and looking at the stars reflecting off the sea. It's like there's no end to either water or sky, as if they are the same thing.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? When I talk about how good a particular dish of mine is, then ruin it due to overconfidence.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Deep green. The kind you only see during a proper storm, the green of those monster waves that rise up and threaten to swallow your ship if you don't steer into it at just the right angle.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. Just after the sun has gone down. You can see the colors in the sky left by the sun on one side, but on the other you see the deep pitch color of the night sky slowly chasing away the sun. It's also when the stars start appearing.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Sunrise after a week long storm. I thought the storm was gorgeous. But that sunrise, all those different colors from the clouds and the fact it meant we could finally sleep.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I prefer meat dishes overall but anything over or undercooked messes with me. I prefer things to be cooked properly, even simple things can be improved with the proper preparation. However I've never liked prunes.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I love storms, but I also love clear blue skies. Being scared of a mighty storm is part of the fun. Nothing like your life flashing before your eyes as you get tossed out of the rigging, only to be saved by your lifeline that you've tied to the mast.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I'm not sure. I tend to take things in stride, but I don't pretend that everything is okay when it's not.
2. What are your religious views? There are Gods, I should avoid pissing them off. That's about it.
3. Would you be able to kill? I think I would, if I needed to. I hope I don't need to.
4. What are your views on sex? Enjoyable, very enjoyable. But sometimes can land you in trouble.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? A life well lived doing something you love. Not dancing to someone else's tune.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? I left Wind Reach, that in itself is a crime.
2. What is your greatest regret? Not leaving sooner.
3. What is your best/worst memory? My worst was a slew of experiences as a child that I don't wish to repeat. My best was the moment I realized my life would never be the same. Wind Reach had just slipped over the horizon.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would have left sooner. Other than that, nothing, for all those horrible years led me to the life I am starting now.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Honestly, I'm proud to be doing anything that wasn't predetermined for me. I believe I would be happy mucking out stables as long as I had chosen that over something else.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Depends on who I'm talking to.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Doesn't everyone?
3. What makes you happy? Cooking, I love every aspect.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Free will? I am my own person, if that is threatened, I would rather die than face that life.
5. What makes you angry? People that refuse to help themselves, it sickens me that they bother asking for help. If you can't get off your lazy arse and make something happen then why would I ever want to help you. Determination and will, that is the key to everything.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? No particular way. I try not to be mean, I don't try to be overly nice. It's more of a situational thing anyway.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Myself, I don't have anyone else to care for.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Again, my sea dad. But I haven't seen him in a while.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. I'm not sure. I'll find out when I meet her I guess.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No, I protect myself, or not. Why would I rely on someone like that?

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Depends on what it's about. I've always avoided coming to blows if that's what you mean. Mostly because an argument shouldn't be decided by the heavier fist. I like a good conversation though, those are always fun.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Not really. I like to steer things in certain directions if I like, but no I don't take control.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I don't mind either. One on one conversations are more informative, but on bad days a group can buffer out the need to think about responses.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not really, I care what I think of me, and that's all I need to care about.
5. What do you think of others, in general? Eh, I can take them or leave them. If it weren't for people I would have no business, no job. So other people are necessary to an extent.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My will and determination. I changed my projected course even though I was between a rock and a hard place. I turned into the wind and took what I needed to get to where I am.
2. What is your greatest weakness? One could say it's that same determination. I resent those that tell me what to do. I don't mean to, but I do it all the same. One day it might cost me.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I....I don't think I'd change anything. Maybe make myself less bitter, but I'm working on that.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Depends on what the occasion calls for. Typically Introverted.
5. Are you generally organised or messy? Organised, as a cook you have to be.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I have little to no opinion on the Gods.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Again, I choose to try not to piss any of them off.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Nope.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Again, I have no deity. And I don't intend to.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Just told you. But those people that are willing to do all sorts of self mutilation, that's ridiculous. Same with killing other faiths because of who they worship. I hope I never run into any of those.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Life in general, I love it.
2. What is the best part of life? The little things. The smell of coffee with just a hint of cream and vanilla, the gratification of properly baking a cheesecake, the sound of cracking sugar as your spoon dips into a perfect creme brulee. All of those things that make living better.
3. What is the best part of death? Is there a best part? I imagine the best part would be knowing you wouldn't be in pain, if you were in pain, anymore.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? If I had to choose? I would prefer to go die while I was awake. Everything is sweeter when it's nearly done. I imagine it would be the same with life.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? ....I....don't know...
Elan
Player

Words: 15121
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 5:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets