[Location] World's End Grotto

Zeltiva's ever popular inn.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Amon Fade on March 8th, 2013, 9:27 pm

8th Of Spring, 513 AV

Amon walked into the renowned World's End Grotto, stiff and sore from his long journey. He was thankful that he had his horse to carry most of his equipment, and himself for the journey, he had seen less fortunate people and truly felt sorry for them, but not enough so that he would help them.

After examining the inn he made his way up to the counter and glanced at the young lady currently at the counter. "Not bad on the eyes" he thought before carrying on "Hey there, my name is Amon Fade, do have any vacant rooms?" The lady informed him there were a number of rooms available and told him the rates of renting them. Amon was prepared for the room to be expensive but was surprised when he realized they were far cheaper than he had presumed. "Okay then I'll rent a room and stables for 3 nights. Food won't be necessary"

Amon gladly went to his room and fell down on the bed exhausted after his ordeals. It wasn't long before he had fallenl into a deep slumber
Amon Fade
Stabbity stab stab stab

Words: 18869
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cisel on March 9th, 2013, 10:57 am

~ Cisel ~

~ Timestamp 9th of Spring 513, Early in the morning ~

The evening before Cisel had been discovered by the city guards when trying to get away with a low cost outdoors "housing". She had pretended that she was living in World's End Grotto and only taking a late, late walk.

Obviously her living expenses in Zeltiva was going to be higher than expexted and she really hoped she would get a job at Zeltivan Glassworks. As soon as the authorities of this town were ready to give her a work permit - hopefully - she would get a regular income, and the immediate financial worries would be over.

For now she rented a room in this inn, seated just above the docks in a small cluster of foothills. The building was a ramshackle array of stones and blocks. The prize for the room was 2 SM per night and she would be able to afford that for a while. She pondered this while she ate her breakfast. After this she took the falcon chick Ata and went out into the morning.

Cisel
Player

Words: 31582
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hallina lec Talu on March 19th, 2013, 12:08 am

Timestamp 11th of spring 513, late morning...

It took an entire day and a half to find the inn, and Hallie spent a night in the forest before nervously wandering in to confront the inn keeper.
"Excuse me, may I rent a room for the night?"
The inn keeper, a woman, nodded and gave the prices. After handing the coin over, Hallie was directed to her room down the hall. She dropped onto the bed and fell instantly asleep.
Hallina lec Talu
Player

Words: 3818
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 11:22 pm
Character sheet

Postby Titus on June 7th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Titus walked in to Worlds End Grotto. His backpack resting on his shoulders, his lance tucked under his arm. The lady at the counter looked him over and sighed. "Can I help you" she asked. "Yes, I would like a room for 50 nights" Titus said looking at the girl. "That will be 10 gold please" she said. Titus handed her the gold and was shown to his room.
Titus
Fight like a man, if that fails cheat.

Words: 57409
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 12:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ruebia on June 10th, 2013, 5:19 am

Ruebia
10th of Summer, 513 AV

Ruebia had lived in Zeltiva for all her life, that is to say all two and some years of it, and she had yet to set foot in the Worlds End Grotto inn. She had often watched the inn from the docks where she would scamper around getting underfoot of the sailors bustling about. She had never thought she would sleep in any place other than her mothers home but here she was, a backpack sparsely packed with supplies and her pocket filled with her life savings. She hadn't the slightest idea where she would go from the inn, whether she it would be best to go by sea or by land through the gates. Her mother had warned her of this, Ruebia was too eager to go and yet too indecisive to know where she should go first. Her mother had called her a living contradiction and she had always told Ruebia that a bondmate would hopefully balance her out. Ruebia knew that she should find a bondmate, every Kelvic had one, her mother had said. But she didn't want anyone to force her into it or to change her if they did. And what if they tied her down? Made it hard for her to travel? She hadn't talked enough about the bonding with her mother, she decided. But she coudn't go back home even if it was an hours walk by foot. She had already said her goodbyes and played one last prank on Kevir and Revin before departing and now her home would be the inn until she decided where to go next.
She steeled herself and walked in and immediately greeted by Serra Danalle, the inn's owner. Ruebia liked her, she was young by human standards but very adept. She smiled warmly at her and told her of her decision to leave home. Serra congratulated her and inquired about her destination. Ruebia stumbled, she was still unsure. She admitted to that and showed Serra a few coins, telling her that she would like to rent room in the inn while she made her decision. Serra generously agreed and directed her to the front desk to pay. Ruebia pulled out 1 Nilo and 1 half Nilo before she reached the desk, almost every Zeltivan knew the inn's service prices. When the woman gave her a silver rimmed Miza coin as change, Ruebia held it up to the light to view it better. She had forgotten that the rest of the world would most likely not use Nilo and she would have to go to Customs to exchange her coin to Miza. She knew the exchange rate. Although she wasnt extremely well versed in math, she knew how to manage money, she had gone enough to the market for her mother to learn.
She was soon settled into her room, a quaint comfy place that begged her to rest. She could see why the inn was so popular in Zeltiva. She laid her belongings on the bed. Besides the simple clothing she wore on her back she owned a comb and brush, Revin's razer, a little eating knife, her waterskin, Kevir's flint & steel and soap which her mother had obviously slipped in there. She also unfolded a velvet cloak, it was a beautiful shade of turquoise and it was also her mothers. She held it up to her nose, it still smelled of her and for the tiniest second, Ruebia missed her mothers presence. She threw her things back in her bag and lay on the bed, curling around the cloak. In a minute, she was asleep, a tear trembling on her lash.
Ruebia
I must see the world myself...

Words: 33518
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xio Alcetar on June 12th, 2013, 11:45 pm

10th Summer, 513
After more hours of wandering lost around the city than he would care to admit (he wasn't lost, he was exploring), Xio finally happened upon the World's End Grotto, a ramshackle, welcoming place with brightly glowing windows. Tying Kontos to a pole outside and strolling through the door, he tapped at the counter and a young woman with a warm, pleasant face scurried to the desk from a shadowy back room.
"Hello, miss, I'm Xio," he said. "Could I have three night's board for me and my horse, and dinner for tonight, please."
"Certainly, sir," she smiled, handing him a gleaming brass key engraved with the number 32. "That will be 9 silver mizas, please You can stable your horse in stall two. Dinner is served in the lounge off to your right; you pay the waiter in there. I'm Serra, by the way, and welcome to Zeltiva." She made a note in her ledger and nodded to herself. "I truly hope that you enjoy your time here."
"Something tells me that I will," he grinned.
After attending to his horse and his hunger, he collapsed on his bed, completely spent. His mind whirled with all he had seen on only his first day in Zeltiva. There was so much he could learn here, so much to see, so much to do... but for now... rest.
~excuse me, I arted~
Xio's CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34041.html
My characters: https://charahub.com/characters
My art: doodletigress.deviantart.com
Xio Alcetar
Player

Words: 6421
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2013, 6:59 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Yas Heron on July 29th, 2013, 8:54 pm

The port city of Zeltiva, based off the farmost coast of Mizahar. Its always been known to be a place of commerce and is especially famous for the university. The shipyards built some of the most famous and most seaworthy vessels in the world, and have been the birthplace for explorers for many a year. The city always held a serene atmosphere and many an ethnicity would take shelter here be it for money or a sometimes neglected by others education. Yas Valence Heron smiled to himself with his doubled canines flashing in the light as he noted the city gate just mere steps from the beaten path he came from. He hadn't been around the world...well, at the least not -yet-, but it was always nice to visit places again or find places to put down roots for extended periods of time. Was Zeltiva that place? Chances are, if it didn't empty out his coinpurse on the first night of being there. With a touch of sweet reminiscience, the young red haired lad remembered his time in the University himself. It was always a nice place to go, and at the same time an almost...bittersweet and competitive place to remain. At least in his opinion.

"Urgh, my back is killing me..." Adjusting his glasses to be higher on the bridge of his nose, Yas leaned back and allowed his spine and muscles to shift and pop quite audibly that made the town guard as he was passing by giving him strange looks. He wasn't really paying attention to much else but the ever so slight relief of his back, and didn't hear the guard recommend a good masseuse to help iron out that problem. Honestly, he wanted to just go to the inn and have a nice rest. Though thinking on it now, his experiments at the time of his university years might get him barred for even attempting to try and get one. Well, to be entirely fair he looked alot younger and alot shorter then. It was a shock to find that Yas sprouted up to at least six feet tall within the past few years. His own body was probably holding out on him and waiting for the embarassing years to be done before regulating himself to be somewhat presentable towards other people without looking eye level with them. A woman was hard enough to find without being as tall as she was when she made fun of you behind your back.

"Hmm...lets see... Where was the World's End Grotto again? Hope they didn't move it on me." Yas muttered to himself, giving a very tiny smile at his own little joke. Sense of direction was always a terrible thing for him, but given the size of this port city at least he would find someplace to spend for hours before getting too lost. Serra smiled sweetly at him and went on her speech that never seemed to change. Or did it? Maybe to amuse herself she would add in a joke, but the gist was usually the same: "Hello! Welcome to World's End Grotto. My name is Serra, I'm the current owner of the inn. How may I help you today?" Well, he didn't have any idea how long he'd been here, so the young lad asked for a room for at least the week. That'd be satisfactory enough, though there was the obvious hazard of not being able to have a partial refund if he left early. Not that he ever thought the lovely innkeeper was greedy but would you really test a business owner when theres money to be made?

"Alright, come with me, I'll show you to your room."

Oh thank the Gods above, she didn't recognize him. One experiment accidentally set the room's curtains on fire and must've costed him alot of money. Thankfully he had a job at the time or he'dve been flat broke and scrubbing the place not unlike a maid would or cooking. Alot of the time though, his cooking would probably kill someone. The room itself was fairly simple; A bed, a washbasin and a dresser for people to keep their belongings... It was simple, but it'd get the job done without a doubt. "Enjoy your stay!" Yas waved to Serra shyly as he left and cursed himself. His family had done nothing for social behavior, and on top of it all they gave him the give of magic use. Reimancy or Elementalism, as it was called. The ritual had come from his mother, Eva "The Heron" Al-Ghameq, and had been quite painful to recieve some Res into his body. He was young at the time and bounced back but it must've been a week before he felt better.

Looking around, a little smile to his face came once more at the fact of a little lavender candle sitting in a bowl. Meant to relax, and soothe, no doubt. Well, something was better than nothing. Closing his eyes and clearing his mind of wandering thoughts, he put out his index finger and let the liquid build and warp into a creation for fire. Almost with a twitch of his hand, a very gentle flame erupted and touched the top of the candle. "Well, time for bed...I've been up for three days straight." His pack was dropped on the floor, making a dull thud as he fell backwards onto the bed for a nice sleep. Zeltiva awaited, but first the metaphorical sheep needed to be counted. His last thought before the sweet embrace of the dreamworld took him was:

"I hope that candle behaves itself for a few hours..."
Yas Heron
Magic User

Words: 17771
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2013, 3:37 pm
Character sheet

Postby Athinar on August 3rd, 2013, 12:14 am

Summer 513, Day 36
Athinar rode up to the inn, frowning. Looked nice enough, but seemed sort of... chaotic, at least on the outside. Shrugging, he clopped up to the stables and flipped a silver to the stable-hand. Catching it, he took the reins of Athinar's horse and led it to a stable stall, and tied it to the hitching post. Dismounting, Athinar threw his saddlebags over his shoulders and opened the door to a warm glow of the inside of the inn. Smiling, he walked over to the apparent owner and said, "Well, miss, I'd like a room to stay in for three weeks, or more, if I have to stay later." She nodded pleasantly and said, "That'd be forty-two silvers, sir! Breakfasts are five copper, and the main meal is one silver." Smiling at Serra, he said, "Well, I guess that I'd best be getting to my room, then!" Going to his room, with Harvey close behind, he shut the door behind him and set the saddlebags on the floor near his bed. Lying down, he started to drift off until Harvey jumped on top of him and snuggled up close. Sighing, he just accepted it as a fact of life that dogs will be dogs. Stroking him, he fell asleep.
This epic boxcode was made by the extremely talented Wanda Endust!
Athinar
Player

Words: 9630
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2013, 11:45 am
Character sheet

Postby Elan on November 22nd, 2013, 7:55 am

~Elan~
10th of Fall, 513 AV

Elan entered the World's End Grotto, he had come up from the docks not long before and was still getting his land legs back, the walking had helped though. His new sailor's tan contrasted oddly well with his fiery hair and green eyes, but he was still paler than most of the people he had passed in the streets. He had spent a year at sea, these people had lived in the coastal city all their lives, and a good many had lived a portion of that on the water.

The air was not cooler inside the Inn, but it was filled with the aroma of food and....some sort of fragrance? He couldn't place it. Shrugging to himself he strode up to the counter at the far end of the room and leaned on it with his free hand to keep from swaying with the pitching of a deck he no longer stood upon. A young woman glanced up at him in askance, "What can I get you?" She asked in a brisk and friendly tone.

"Some lads down at the docks told me you could use an extra pair of hands in the kitchen. I am in need of a job, perhaps I can help out in exchange for lodging and a small wage?" Elan smiled, hoping he looked happy and not desperate.

The woman looked him up and down. "Can you cook at all? I won't have anyone in the kitchen that can't at least do some work without someone hovering over them."

"Yes, I'm a reasonably competent cook, I even know some philtering, it seems to help when combining spices." Elan gave her a hopeful look and wiggled his fingers, "These hands create masterpieces out of chopped vegetables...and by masterpiece, I mean a decent stew."

The woman smiled at that. "I own World's End. My name is Serra, you start now, go wash up." She shook his hand and indicated the entrance to the kitchens.

Elan grinned and bowed. "Thank you, you won't be disappointed." He scurried off to as he was told, rolling up his shirtsleeves as he went.
Elan
Player

Words: 15121
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 5:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bakk on November 23rd, 2013, 3:05 am

30 fall 513

Bakk walked in ambly and rushed to the front desk,

one room and a meal please

he said throwing down 3 SM to the clerk. his stomach growled as he sat at a table at the far end of the dining area.

this place sure does have some interesting people

he thought as he sat his warhammer up against the wall. he removed his helmet and sat it on the table and thanked Eyris and then Qalaya for this meal and then finally for the good fortune he had on his journey.

the food came down and he gobbled it down in moments, the food here was dilectable and the people were more than polite. he rubbed his big belly and retreadted up to his room, that night he dreamt of making love.
Bakk
Player

Words: 3304
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2013, 4:32 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

PreviousNext