[A street on Tier 3]A Midday's Performance[Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Guy Laliberte on September 17th, 2010, 8:58 pm

"Travelers' Rowe, rah? That ought to save me some time figuring out where I'll sleep." Guy sighed, glad the young man did not pressure him for an answer so soon.

"I'm glad my advice could be of use to you. Tomorrow at noon, then. When the sun is high above us, we shall discuss your future." Attempting an evil laugh, he manages to simply chortle as deeply as he can.

"Farewell, Mr. Vicdor, and I hope to see you tomorrow. This city is quite beautiful, and I'm sure you could get swallowed up by it. Be careful of the taverns - they tend to get busy after dark." With that final word of wisdom, Guy bows deeply and dramatically, and turns away, heading towards his house. It is much too early to go to bed... Perhaps I will do another perfomance, at another block, with a virgin crowd. Mapping out the rest of his day, Guy hums quietly and walks in the late afternoon sun, the bells in his costume seeming to form a harmony with his humming, a private walking orchestra.
Guy Laliberte
The Entertainer

Words: 42322
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2010, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Colette Vicdor on September 23rd, 2010, 9:22 pm

"My future, huh? That's an interesting way to say it. Very well, fare well."

Colette doubted that this entertainer had any idea how correct he was as he took off. If he was trying to be melodramatic (not to say Colette could determine a difference between drama and melodrama), the entertainer could've picked a better time for that during his performance, but what kind of image he wanted to make for himself is of no concern. Colette just had to figure out what he was going to do. With this encounter, now he needn't worry about looking for employment opportunities, for now, and he had enough money to shell out for an inn and perhaps food, so he could kill time around town until it started getting dark.

That's when Colette faced a very serious issue, having thought of the same word twice, and then suddenly thrice.

What time is it? He spent so long wandering about in his search that he never thought to figure out something as vital and specific as the current time of day. Is this when people are expected to eat lunch? And if the furnishings aren't "too shabby," then might the furnishings not be shabby enough?

As he went down Travellers' Rowe, he found himself "swallowed up" by these unnecessary thoughts rather than the beauty of the city. Although initially he decides to peel his orange, he seems to have second thoughts as he bites into it without doing so first, unaffected by the impact the orange skin had on his tongue. In fact, he appreciated such a conflicting combination of orange skin and orange insides in his mouth, as it gave the consumption of the fruit more variety in taste. He wondered if other people peeled an orange before eating it.

"Waste not," came a mumbling of that particular line of thought. Why waste perfectly good orange peel? Although a little bit did get trapped between his teeth, such a minor detail just isn't worth mentioning, he thought. Doesn't the same thing happen with apples?

If one needn't peel an apple, why an orange? Colette amused himself with thoughts along this line as he took in his surroundings with an idiotic smile on his face and a now twice-bitten unpeeled orange in his right hand.
NOTE - I cannot post as often thanks to bad Internet and home studies.
Colette Vicdor
Names Tell Nothing; Appearances Deceive!

Words: 14082
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Hatter on September 30th, 2010, 9:33 am

Awards for You!

Character: Colette, Guy
Awarded XP:
  • Guy: Acting +2, Juggling +3, Sleight of Hand +2, Singing +1 , Observation +1,Negotiation +1
  • Colette: Subterfuge +1, Observation +3, Juggling +2, Interrogation +1, Negotiation +1
Awarded Lores:
  • Guy
    • Playing a Crowd [Minor]
    • Overturning a Challenge
  • Collete
    • Juggling 101
    • Expenses are Expensive
    • Sylirian Geography [Minor]
Additional Rewards: Colette -7gm, Guy +7gm

Observations of a Mad Man: Neat guys, it's nice to see a unique thread like this one. I like the performance duo idea. As I always say, if you think I missed something or are unsatisfied with these results let me know in Pm and we can hash it out.
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous