Completed The Final Confrontation

Arlo Berakailen finally confronts the man he's been seeking.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Final Confrontation

Postby Arlo Berakailen on September 24th, 2013, 2:17 am

32 of Fall, 513 AV

Arlo watched in a sort of haze, as Carver tried to take down the murderous ghost girl. He wasn't even sure which one he wanted to win. He was quite sure, however, that he had pretty much no chance of surviving. No matter who won this duel, Arlo would lose. But he nursed a hope that at least the ghost could kill Carver in some painful fashion, since he himself was no longer able to.

In this, he was not disappointed. Carver was clearly a skilled mage, throwing fire like they were candy. But he was not skilled enough. The ghost was clearly very powerful despite her tiny size, disappearing and reappearing and apparently not the least bit concerned about the magical flames that danced and licked at her.

Carver still managed to put up a good fight, right up until this girl suddenly appeared before him, hand inside his chest. She screamed as she sliced his head clean off, the disembodied organ bouncing on the ground in a morbid fashion before coming to a rest in the far left corner. The pain in his shoulder, once so intense, had died down to a dull ache. Clearly he was going into shock. Not that it mattered, as the ghost turned to him, form covered in blood, flames around her like an unholy halo.

A large beam fell from the ceiling, the flames licking at its supports weakening the structure to such a degree that it could no longer support the weight. It came crashing down on Arlo, who didn't even have time to shout before it pinned him to the ground. The fire was coming ever-closer, he was in the same room as a killer ghost girl, and now, he had no means of escape. Oh yes. And he had lost nearly a quart of blood.

"Any last words?" the girl had asked.

And Arlo laughed. He laughed, and he laughed, and he laughed. He just couldn't help it. In his state of dying hysteria, he couldn't feel the pain in his shoulder, or the agony of his crushed legs. All he could think was, he'd spent so many years searching, sifting, trying, and in the end he couldn't even get the last blow in. Carver got the last laugh after all. It had been a waste. All of it. Every petching moment of his pointless little life and oh what a bloody stupid way to die...

As blood began to fill his lungs, Arlo's laughs devolved into hacking coughs, then into simply hacking and choking. He was getting weaker. He couldn't feel his legs, he couldn't feel his arms. He was getting quite drowsy; the warmth of the fire like a nice blanket around him. It would be nice, to just shut his eyes for a moment. Just for a moment.

He looked lazily up at the ghost. It was interesting. In this last moment, his mind wasn't scrambled at all. It was crystal clear. He just looked at her and said, "I've said enough. No more words ... left to say."

Sleep. He just wanted to sleep. Flakes of burning hot wood drifted across the room. Timbers fell like leaves. He could hear a crunching. Was it the ghost girl removing his heart too? Arlo's eyes had already closed. It didn't matter.

Time to die.
Arlo Berakailen
Information retained is information gained

Words: 37838
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 8:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

The Final Confrontation

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 24th, 2013, 5:37 am

"......" The man's reaction was unexpected, he laughed hysterically like he just saw the most funniest thing in the world. Kouri could understand him though, not everyday you could see a little girl vanishing and reappearing, walking on the ceiling, and ripping out hearts then literally breaking them. The ghost girl leaned down and her blood-covered right hand rubbed Arlo's left cheek. For a moment, Kouri's murderous eyes shifted back to the sweet Vantha girl she truly was, maybe this man wasn't evil at all? Maybe he was actually a good person hunting evil people? But alas, there was nothing she could do to save him now.

"I... I'm sorry..." The little girl whispered in Vani, If she knew he was a good person, Kouri would not let Basher hurt him in the first place, then he could survive this. Kouri leaned in further and kissed his forehead, a cold solace amidst the raging inferno. He hacked and coughed, blood dripping from his mouth, his time was near. She didn't know why but she felt Arlo would not come back as a ghost like her, he looked satisfied.

"I've said enough. No more words ... left to say."

"I see..." She closed her eyes and nodded, when she opened them, the man had already left the world. Kouri smiled sadly and wiped the blood off his face. Flames, burnt wood, falling beams surrounding the duo, the sight looked rather symbolic. Standing up, Kouri gave one last look at Arlo before she ran for the window. She unmaterialized herself and leaped, her black hair trailing behind her.

*BOOOOSH!!*

The figure of a translucent little girl jumping down from the second floor of the burning house could be seen. Kouri landed on the ground, hunching down, she must get out of the area... and fast. With the inferno raging behind her, the little girl ran forward and never looked behind.

Thus ended the story of Arlo Berakailen, but it was another chapter in Kouri's journey.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

The Final Confrontation

Postby Twister on December 20th, 2013, 11:23 am

Experience Award

Fubuki Kouri
Grade :
Experience: N/A

Lores: Clearing a Crowd Without Shedding Your Disguise, The Bad Men of Sunberth

Miscellaneous: N/A

Comments: Well, that's that. Arlo's death wasn't quite as brutal as the rest of the crowd, but it got the job done. I gave you a couple of lores for the little that was done in the thread, but I couldn't award you any skill points. You didn't really challenge your own ability and what was done here was... well, effortless, considering her skill level even at the time it was written.

Cayden Mortem
Notes :
I'm not sure what you wanted to accomplish in the thread, but either way... I can't award you a grade until you update your ledger and subtract your Seasonal Expenses for Fall 513 AV. Once you've done that, shoot me a PM and I'll post your grade here.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous