Completed [Silkwater Lake] Attack of the Yuk Yuks!! (Radiant)

Kreig accompanies two knights to meet up with a patrol, then come those yukkers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Silkwater Lake] Attack of the Yuk Yuks!! (Radiant)

Postby Kreig Messer on September 16th, 2013, 3:08 pm

27th of Fall, 513 AV, 11th Bell.

'Duty never sleeps' Kreig recalled the words of Sera Natasha as she told him of this impromptu patrol he was being sent on 'It may never sleep, but I'm sure it does complain about the weather sometimes' He mused at the thought, being that Kreig had his own personal set of armor he had chosen to wear it instead of borrowing second hand armor from the well...armory. A same manner came with the fact of weaponry, he had his own sword, his own crossbow and the only thing that wasn't his was the 30" diameter shield and the horse he rode on. The horse he rode on was a colorsplash horse, nothing special about it other than being a hardy creature.

He really didn't expect to be put on patrol really, or rather to go meet up with one 'I just wanted to visit the lake for personal relaxation' The moment he asked his patron for permission to go visit the place for his day off from training, he somehow ended up on this cockamamie mission with a rookie knight by the name of Ser Hadvard Raeloth and the giant knight thats really impossible to miss and even to not hear of his name, Ser Titus Maximus 'Max is right' Kreig thought as he rode behind the duo, Ser Maximus was like a mountain on horseback, something the brawler was certain had been overused many times by other knights and individuals to describe the man.

Everything about him was big, his height, width, armor, weapon and even his bloody horse looked bigger than both the one Kreig's riding on and Ser Hadvard's. The two knights seemed like a decent sort, Ser Hadvard was a cocky man to say, but was dutiful if a bit doubtful and a little condescending to Kreig 'I suppose doing some mission on the order's behalf doesn't necessarily mean you've got the manners yet' Still, he wasn't a rude man, if he were Kreig was sure they wouldn't have made him a knight. Kreig could see clearly that he took good care of his weapons as even his broadsword's scabbard was sparkly clean and his kite shield looked like it had never taken a blow if one didn't look close enough. Of the group he was the only one with a short bow and he seemed to have plenty of arrows, he couldn't see their heads but he noted the fact that some of them shared different colored fletching, indicating that some were actually special purpose.

Ser Titus Maximus, as even his own name seemed to imply, had a warhammer that obviously recieved special treatment as it looked cleaner than, albeit still properly cared for, weapons and shield. He was impressed that a heavy set man like him, regardless of strength, had the ability to wear both plate male and carry such a heavy weapon. But there was something even more impressive about the man, perhaps it was his own size and strenght but the man just had this presence that Kreig couldn't quite place. to his enemies it could have spelt 'fear me' but to his comrades it could have just as easily been ' Obey me and I'll keep you alive'

They had only been on the path for 3 bells, still another to go before they reached the lake and all this time they had nothing but short conversation and the occasional joke but the rest was quite silent, and quite frankly Kreig knew that he had to just ask a question even though he felt he knew the answer to it "Ser Titus, Ser Hadvard, do forgive me for asking quite late but I'd like to ask....what sort of danger should we expect as we traverse the forest? And how many other knights shall we meet within the patrol?"

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on October 31st, 2013, 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Stillwater Lake] Attack of the Yuk Yuks!! (Radiant)

Postby Radiant on September 17th, 2013, 11:37 am

The trio traversed through the peaceful Woods. The giant, the brawler, and the cocky. Ser Hadvard was humming a song that was most likely about the glory of the Knights, that knight would be himself of course. Titus was just enjoying the scenery, he was strangely quiet when appreciating nature. He viewed nature as being both beautiful and terrifying. There are some things that his warhammer couldn't solve.

"Hm?" He perked up at Kreig's question, his giant body turning a bit to speak at Kreig, though by "speaking", it would sound like shouting to the squire's ears. "Ho! Dangers? Hahaha! Well! There are the usual wild predators! But it's fine, and then there's the Balicani! Which was killed some time ago, so it's also fine! But be careful of the Kriital, foul big black birds that can spit acidic bile!" He them made a thinking expression as if brainstorming for more answers "And oh, also don't forget Yukmen! They are puny individually but dangerous in numbers, we three can handle a couple of them just fine! Hahahaha!" His laugh sent birds flying in fright, even stopping Hadvard's hum.

"By Sylir, Titus! Can't you be more loud?" Hadvard rubbed his ear, he felt like being slammed by Titus' warhammer.

"Oh? Of course I CA-"

"No no... stop, that was a rhetorical question... stupid bald head..."

"You said something, Harvard?"

"No, nothing."

After their short banter, Titus turned his attention back to Kreig "There's a possibility we will meet other patrols, but don't expect it. This wilderness is large after all! Who knows, if we are lucky! We can even meet Ama, Hahahaha! I like that woman."

"Maybe you just like her because she's naked all the time..."

"What was that again, Hadvard?!"

"Nope, you must be hearing things, Titus"

"Hmmm..." Titus looked suspiciously at the other knight as the trio continued their stroll to the Silkwater Lake.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on September 17th, 2013, 12:26 pm

'OH BY THE GODS' he did not expect the loud voice, he did not want to hear the loud voice, but there he went...speaking in the loud voice 'Too damn loud' Kreig thought as he and Ser Hadvard cringed, despite the loudness, he was at the very least clear as he explained each danger and what they won't be meeting any time soon. Kreig had to contain a chuckle or two as Ser Hadvard had bantered with the giant knight, the knight was a bit disrespectful that was for certain.

"Its been sometime since I've last met Lady Ama, Ser Titus, I do wonder how the fall season is treating her" Indeed, it had been quite a while, his strongest memory of her had been when Fallon, he, his patron and Ama had encountred that... thing...that Journeyman back at the cave. He shuddered at the memory of that creature, if it hadn't been for Fallon's mood, words and her bit of magic... they would have been mince meat. It also reminded him of the feeling of uselessness he had been trying to shed and he sighed quietly as he rode his horse, the clopping of its hoofs more gentle than the war horses both ser Hadvard and Ser Titus had for steeds. He held its reigns loosely as they made their path, his eyes wandering to look at the flora around them, the leaves of the tree's were various shades of red, brown and a bit of yellow... it was nearly time for them to drop gently into the ground 'perhaps a few more days' some had already fallen as he could hear the occasional crunchy step the leaves would make as the horses stepped upon them with their hooves.

As he looked around his left and right, listening to ser Hadvard and Ser Titus as they occasionally bantered some more, and noted some of the small animals...or rather didn't. It was quite odd that he didn't see any, he supposed the bantering of the two knights combined with Ser Titus' gargantuan voice could have simply scared them away. He chuckled softly as he thought of doing the same as the man's voice, while not really irritating, was simply too loud as it the brawler began to feel an ache in his head.

That was when Kreig noticed another irregularity 'Why don't I hear any birds?' For the past bell or so he didn't here any of them, not overtly surprising especially as it was the fall season and they could have simply began their migration period. But it was still early for that, at the moment he should hear the occasional bird call, but he heard nothing...nothing at all.

It wasn't long till they reached the lake itself, the giant basin of water ever so enchanting.... but it was ever so quiet. Kreig's horse shifted in unease as too did Ser Titus' and Hadvard's 'Was there any danger?' So quiet, no birds...no animals and even the lake's fish didn't seem to be jumping about. It was then that a familiar smell assualted Kreig's nose.... a small as strong as ser Titus was load, a smell so familiar with him that it was nostalgic of his own home town 'Blood...'

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on October 31st, 2013, 2:48 pm

"Ah, I think Ama would be fine! Haha!" Titus chuckled, he loved the dire wolf, she's a very helpful bastion of safety within the harsh forest wilderness. The knights and squire continued their patrol along the Woods until they came upon the Silkwater Lake. It was beautiful as always, but something was odd... usually it would be teeming with wildlife, but that day, it was quiet and eerie silence filled it.

"Hmmm..." Ser Titus instinctively drew his warhammer in caution, Ser Hadvard also surprisingly shut up and drew his bow and arrow. The cocky knight suddenly turned serious as the situation warranted it "Yes, I smell it too, blood..." The smell was faint, but still enough for a human to smell, that meant it would be glaring to animals such as wolves.

A shuffling sound from the distance, voices that sounded like the butcher of a human's vocal cords. Titus put up a smirk "We got company."

OOCI'll let you take the lead! Feel free to make them appear however you wish, also RP the two knights as well. ;)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on November 1st, 2013, 3:28 pm

"Company indeed" Kreig said as he heard the garbled scream, it was like hearing a grown man screaming like an infant.....needless to say, that was very disconcerting. Kreig dropped from his horse, if they were going to fight whatever it was that that lay in wait for them, then it was best that Kreig fought with the solid earth beneath his feet rather than horseback " I'd suggest that you remain on horseback, Squire. We don't know what it is that we are facing, it could be too much for you to handed" Spoke Ser Hadvard, his bow armed, ready and aimed at the general direction of the shout.

"HAH, worry not Hadvard! Kreig here can take care himself just fine...especially if that scream is what I suspect it to be" The rustling of the bushes, multiple garbled sounds and a stench that made a corpse smell cleansing "And from the sound of it.... IT IS!" Bellowed the giant man as he dropped from his horse with his war hammer in hand and a large smirk decorated his face. witnessing the creatures entering Syna's light to reveal their grotesque forms "Yukmen!"

Kreig winced as he looked at the creatures, they were absolute mockeries of human beings. Some varied in size but only just above or below 5 feet, their facial features were just as varied but they were all hairless creatures. Their skin was as dark as the earth, their eyes... their murky color only pointing out further inhumanity. The biggest indication that these were monsters were the stone embedded into their skin, varied all over their bodies.

"These...are Yukmen?" Kreig asked as he drew his longsword, there were five...no wait, there numbers were increasing 'six, seven....nine...ten, fifteen' Fifteen....there were fifteen currently, Kreig tightened his grip on his sword as he looked at the monstrosities.

" Well isn't this a delight..." commented Ser Hadvard bitterly " There's fifteen of them now, Titus and I do think there is more, though that's just a guess on my part, still think we can handle them?"

Suddenly one of these grotesque creatures made a mad run towards the heavy set knight, only to have its very head crushed and knocked off its body as knight swung his hammer "HAH, I don't see much choice we have, fifteen is still a poultry number..... we best take care of them first before we bring in reinforcements for more. Now I suggest we shut up and Focus" With that, and a mighty roar, the giant knight charged towards the creatures, who let out their garbled screams as they began to move.

Ser Hadvard sighed as he let loose an arrow and quickly prepared another from above his steed, doubting it will be just fifteen they will be facing, as if they were so lucky. Kreig simply had to grin, it looked to be fun... although these creatures did indeed have numbers, they were unarmed and didn't look like skilled combatants to make effective use of weapons in any case.... but that thought was soon reconsidered as Kreig saw how fast they moved, his eyes growing wide and a bloodthirsty grin appeared as he raised the flat of his blade and blocked a fist strike 'Fast....and a strong PUNCH!? That's just PERFECT!' Now he still thought they lacked any combat skills, but they were going to be a much more decent battle.

Another fist came flying forwards, causing the brawler to duck then launch himself upward as he thrusted his blade deep into the creatures abdomen, some of its blood landing on Kreig's form. He had no time to pull the blade out as he pushed the yukmen backwards. Another one came forward, lounging itself at Kreig, placing its powerful hands on Kreig's neck. It held so tightly, threating to crush his windpipe and vocal cords 'Po...wer' Kreig thought with bliss, before quickly glancing down towards the monstrous creature's mockery of a face and kneed it hard in its abdomen, forcing it to loosen its monstrous grip. Kreig gasped for air, but quickly took the oppertunity to grab the by its skull and mercilessly slammed it into his knees a couple of times before letting it drop, only to be blindsided by a fist to his left cheek 'Petch' came the thought as he fell to the ground, a bruise forming slowly on his face, a yukmen approached, letting out a highpitched yuk as a couple of its kin held down Kreig's arms and legs to the ground 'PETCH' It held Kreig's blade high and it was ready to bring it down 'PETCH'

Suddenly an arrow pierced the creature's neck, it let out a gurgling sound before dropping the blade behind itself and then slumped down to the side. The two Yukmen that held Kreig to the ground were distracted, loosening their grips 'NOW' Kreig thought as he broke his hands free, grabbing one of the yukmen's arms and threw a bone shattering punch to its elbow, the weight of his studded gauntlets providing the power necessary. It let out a garbled screem as it fell back in pain, its kin further distracted by why whats going only to have Kreig pull his leg back and launch it forward to strike the creature square in the face, knocking it back and allowing Kreig to stand as it grasped its face in pain. Quickly the brawler retreived his sword and stabbed the one whose arm he broke in the centre of its chest, before before closing on the one he kicked and did the same before it could recover.

"Don't let your guard down, squire! Petch, More Coming!" Indeed, there more..about twenty more, Kreig cursed and grinned at the same time

'well, isn't this nostalgic?'

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on November 1st, 2013, 10:02 pm

oocwith permission from Radi to post over

There were indeed more "Well this is just interesting" Kreig said as he turned to see more exiting the forest, and with their high pitch 'YUKS' charged forward at the trio "WELL YOU CERTAINLY LOOK IT" Kreig shouted as he raised his towards the oncoming horde of Yukmen 'Wish they wore some pants' came the random thought as he raised his blade up in the air and brought it down to embed into the shoulder of one of the incoming Yukman, it yelped in pain as the blade was lodged into it, only for Kreig to violently pulled it out after he pressed his left foot into its abdomen and push it and himself away. Letting drop to ground in pain while its Kin quickly circled Kreig and seperated him from Ser Titus and Ser Hadvard, Kreig muttered a curse but was quite obviously enjoying the situation 'This is how fun it should be' They were more in number, he didn't if this was all of them...perhaps of the 15 they easily dispatched 20 or more sprang up from the forest. In short; the yukmen were, themselves were few and it was to be a bloody conflict.

Ser Hadvard and Ser Titus were together near the horses, Kreig was separated from them by a wall of sickly earth- colored flesh. Ser Titus seemed to be enjoying this as much as Kreig did as he swung his hammer at another yukmen, while grabbing one by its head and suddenly slamming it face first into the earth. Ser Hadvard, knowing that he will be running out of arrows soon, quickly switched to his sword and sheild, remaining on his horse as he slashed at the grotesque creatures below him " Titus! Kreig is surrounded and he bloody forget his shield on the horse"

"THAT IS INDEED A PROBLEM" Bellowed the giant man as he struck one of the foul creatures in the chest with the head of his hammer " THE MAN IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIS SHIELD, BEST LEAVE HIM WITH THE TOOLS HE'S USED TO. HADVARD, TAKE THE HORSES TO A SAFE DISTANC, WE CAN'T HAVE THE YUKMEN SINKING THEIR MAWS INTO THEIR FLESH! AND FIND ANY ONE OF THE PATROLS, IF THERE ARE MORE OF THIS THINGS THEN I DARE SAY WE'LL BE OVERRUN SOON IF WE DON'T HAVE REINFORCEMENTS"

" But TItus! I can't just leave you the...

"THATS AN ORDER, NOW GO!! WE CAN HANDLE OURSELVES"

Muttering a few curses, Ser Hadvard approached the two horses, herding them towards the direction they came from and slapping them on their rears to force them away from this place, and before leaving he shouted "[B} IF ANY OF YOU DIE, I'LL MAKE SURE TO LOOT YOUR CORPSES TO PAY FOR ALL THE DRINKS I'LL BE HAVING IN YOUR MEMORY[/B]" Ser Titus couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh at that, before crushing another yukmen with his hammer, then storming forward with destructive swings to mow down a path towards Kreig.

At the same time, Kreig was busy with his own horde to make any note of what was being said, though Ser Titus deafening voice did ring in his head....and presumably every living being in a 20 mile radius. From the corner of Kreig's left eye he could see one the yukmen attempting to charge him, on the opposite end another trying to do the same. Kreig grinned, as they approached he simply jumped back and let them slam into each other, then moved to right behind one of them and thrust his blade deeply into its back, the tip of the blade emerging from the creature to stab its kin. It was too easy, and to prove this another grabbed Kreig from behind before he could attempt to remove the blade, grabbing him from behind and with a wide open maw, attempted to bite deep into Kreig's shoulder, however Kreig purposely allowed himself to lose his balance as he dropped onto the creature, causing it great stress as Kreig's weight including that of his armor made it gasp for air 'No time for rest' He thought as he quickly stood, gather a bit of durt into one his palm then stomped on the Yukman's neck.

Another quickly came at him and Kreig not one to not use what he picked, tossed the dirt into its eyes. Blindsiding as he followed up by punching at the large round stone on the left side of its chest, however that did not seem to take any affect, so instead he grabbed the stone and violently pulled, eliciting as reaction as the creature howled, swinging one of its arms wildly and striking the brawler with the back of its hand 'YES' Kreig thought as he regained his balance, a bruised forming above his left eye, causing to swell and obscuring part of his vision. The yuk yuk itself was still trying to remove the dirt from its own eyes, allowing Kreig a free kick to its privates. It 'yukked' in a soprano tone before dropping to the ground and having its neck broken by a stomp from Kreig's leg.

" I see your enjoying this a little too much" Kreig suddenly heard as he moved his head to see from his right eye.

"AH, sorry Ser Titus, fighting is in my blood so to speak" Kreig said in a sheepish tone before looking forward to see more Yukmen approach. Ser titus gave his back to Kreig, shielding the brawler as he hoped the brawler would shield him

"I can see that, can't say I am one too talk. If it weren't for my skill with my precious hammer and my own armor, I'd look about the same as your face"
Ser Titus before continuing "BEFORE it got struck"

"Oh now that was simply uncalled for" Kreig chuckled " Least I have what can be considered hair" He muttered under his breath

"For now we must simply hold on, once Hadvard returns with a patrol this should be as simple as breathing"

"And if he doesn't come back in time?"

"Then we simply take as many with us, simple as that..." of course, simple as that it would never be. As they resumed combating the creatures, a feint sound would touch upon their ears.... a sound that asked for one thing.

"HELP"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on November 20th, 2013, 6:21 pm

"KREIG, HAVE YOU HEARD THAT?"

"No" 'Perhaps if you lowered your voice bit I would' Kreig thought as he grabbed the wrist of a Yukman as it launched its fist, using the momentum to pull the creature in and knee it, then proceeded to grab its head and pressed the thumb of his gauntlets into the creatures eyes, eliciting a loud shrill scream from as its eyeballs were crushed before being let go by Kreig and had its neck stomped

"IT SOUNDED LIKE SOMEONE CALLING FOR HELP" Shouted Ser Titus as he grabbed one of the Yukmen by the neck with his left hand and tossed it to the ground, then proceeded to give it a powerful stomp to its skull, crushing into a bloody mess.

"Are you sure ser?"

" HELP US!"

".....POSITIVE" Shouted Ser Titus, Kreig looked at the direct of the voice, to see two people stuck in a tree, a middle aged man and a child, at the base of the tree like a group of wild hounds chasing up a cat were a trio of yukmen. They were attempting to climb the tree, but they seemed to slip down each time 'I wonder why' Kreig thought, but had no time to wonder as Ser Titus barked out an order "KREIG, I'LL MAKE A PATH THROUGH THE SWARM. YOU MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE TREE TO SAVE THE CIVILLIANS" And before Kreig could confirm the order, Ser Titus gave out a mighty roar as he swung his hammer wide and like the mammoth he was, broke a path through the horde of Yukmen. Kreig used the opportunity provided to run to the tree while Ser Titus kept the Yukmen busy.

As he approached the path, he bent his knees and performed a jump, extending one of his legs forward as the sole of his boot collided with the back of the central yukman's head, with a loud crunch sending it face first into the tree " O-oy, watch out, we don't want to fall ya dolt" shouted the man as and the boy held onto the branch tightly as the tree shook and Yukman slumped to the ground,

With a grunt Kreig muttered a "SORRY" as he launched a right fist at the Yukmen to his left, punching at square in the face with his studded gauntlet and then quickly pulled back his arm to have his elbow connect with the face of the Yukmen to his right. The one to his left was quickly incapitated thanks to the force of the gauntlets, the one to the right, while in great pain to the unexpected blow as it lie on the ground, was still very much unconscious...for a short time as Kreig stomped on its neck and proceeded to do the same to the other as a precaution.

"Alright, that takes care of this lot! you best drop down before more com- GAH!" Kreig shouted as he felt a sharp pain in his left thigh, looking at it, he could see the tip of a very familiar sword protrude from then quickly being pulled out, eliciting a very audible and pained curse from the brawler. Kreig turned around to see a yukman holding his longsword "...peeeetch" stabbed with a blade that was stained with the blood of these creatures, that didn't bode well. This Yukman was rather more vicious looking then the rest of its kin, amusingly enough it was a female one as well... was she the boss of the horde? He could that as much as there were male Yukmen there were female. The one before him seemed to have an animal cunning in its eyes as she snarled and launched forward, swinging the blade in a wild horizontal swing, aiming to cleave off the brawlers head its left to right. Unable to move proper, Kreig had to raise his right fist and gaurd with the back of his gauntlet and supported with the left, the creatures height and rather mangly appearance was decieving, as its arms had a deceptive strength behind it . The force could have possibly broke his bones...

The creatures were generally stupid, had no real tactics, but there numbers, violent nature and arm strength truly made them interesting opponents and as Kreig could see, they could certainly use weaponry. Kreig's left hand launched forward to grab the sword by the blade, but the creature pulled the blade back and thrusted forward, the brawler parried it with his right, the blade sliding against the back of the guantlet and its tip impaling itself into the tree.

"O-Oyy...I said watch it!"

"Fighting for my life and yours ya bastard!"

"Carry on then!" Kreig nodded, not being one to waste an oppertunity, launched his right at the creatures neck...yet it retorted in a movement similar to Kreig as her fist darted forward, grabbed him by the back of his head and pulled him down to meet its knee 'The shy..' His thought was interrupted as for but a breif moment of impact, he felt nothing...then quickly an aching place formed as his vision blurred, lying on his back he could see the vague form of the creature. It seemed to move erratically, he could hear its shrill scream ringing in his head as his vision slowly cleared, it became rappidly apparent that it pulled out his blade and was ready to stab the brawler '...ohhhh petch me' Suddenly the man dropped from the tree, landing on top the unsuspecting Yuk...woman? would it be right to call it that? They fumbled over the ground, but the man quickly regained his bearings albeit clumsily....and it was he who struck the final blow to the creature as he stabbed it through the chest with its shorts sword.

'Well, that's a role reversal...' The brawler thought as he sat himself up straight, a wincing pain in his head and leg, blood dripping from his forehead and his leg was letting out blood from the stab wound "....Petch" What could he do now about that? As he survyed the carnage with his one good eye, he could see that Ser Titus had handily cleaned out the remaining Yukmen, at least...the ones they knew about. Petch.... could there be more lurking, or was this finally over?

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on November 22nd, 2013, 7:05 pm

" Alright son, drop from the tree....I'll catch you!" Announced the man who saved Kreig's life as he shouted to the boy on top of the tree. The boy nodded as he jumped, crashing into his father both fell onto the ground "....See, I caught...you"

"Rather skillfully...I might add" Kreig chuckled weakly, he slid himself back and rested against the tree....now figuring out why the Yukmen couldn't climb it as oil covered his hair 'Well....petch' This was not a lucky day for him '...least I got a good fight out of it' He winced as he looked at his leg, then at the corpses besides him "...Love me handiwork" He muttered, the licked his lips causing the taste of blood to enter his mouth "...I need more seasosning"

"um...yes..we should tend to you" Said the man as he stood up and dusted himself

"SQUIRE KREI-"

"No!!! too loud!!! silence please, SIR!!" Kreig shouted as the Knight's voice boomed in his head, even worse since the blow the Yuk...woman? gave him only made it worse as his ached

"er....yes, um...sorry about that" Ser Titus lowered the volume his voice considerably as he approached the Squire and two civilians, his eyes widening as he saw the condition of the squire " Oh dear... you need medical attention"

"indeed, um... would you please move aside?" The man gently pushed the giant aside " Soloman, come boy...we've a bit of work to do, pull out the suturing kit and the rum..."

"Rum?! er...might I have a sip after your done treating the lad?"

"er...sorry, its not actually Rum, plus I'm afraid if you drink this you might get drunker than a horde of wolves in intense heat"
The man pulled out a rag from his bag and took the rum from the lad, then swat his own forehead as he realized something " Ack, no.... with all theses corpses around its best to move him. um...Soloman, pull out the blanket, we'll have him rest on that while we work. Ser....if you may?" Ser Titus nodded as he set his hammer aside and gently carried the Brawler like a newborn babe.

"Upsy daisy my boy, goodness they did a number on you, eh?" He laughed heartily as he moved the squire from his position, the young lad had already layed the blanket in a clean spot and Kreig was thus layed upon it on his side. He winced it lightly as his wounded leg was extended forward. The man then ripped the parts of Kreig's pants that were covered in blood to reveal the wound beneath

"Hmmm... yes, good thing we ended up being rescued. With the city so far an inexperienced hand couldn't save this leg, with us around he'll last till we take him to a proper healer, he will"

Kreig shuddered at the thought, that would have been a fate worse than death and he had no intention living the rest of his life without one of his limbs "This might hurt a bit" announced the man as he poured "Ser, could you please give something for the lad to bite on?"

Ser Titus raised an eyebrow but complied as he reached into the pack at his waste, pulled a piece of white cloth and twisted it around " Here lad, bite on this....something tells me we'd be only adding a dentist to our list of visits if we don't" Kreigs eyes widened worryingly as he bit into the cloth and looked at the man, it was then that Ser Titus asked the question "Er....judging from this, I assume you're a doctor?

"Nope"

'wha- OH SON OF A MOTHER FU-' Was the reaction Kreig had as the man pressed the alcohol doused rage into his wound, biting rather deeply as the intense pain spread throughout his body "I work as a herbalist, but I've learned enough from my brother to help about when he needed it. Name is Elim by the way, and there's me boy Soloman"

"Fortunate to meet you, I am Ser Titus Maximus and this is my Squire, Kreig Messer"

"Pleasure to meet you both as well, I was here teaching me boy some of the herbs that grew here, the good and bad as it were, when those Yukman came about, nasty creatures.....we were stuck in that tree for a bell or so, used some oil to on the bark to make it harder for them...then they started throwing the rocks. Bad aim, but the ones that did hit stung like a bee I tell you"

"Er...Dad, the squire"

"Oh yes" He then removed the rag, tossed it and grabbed a fresh one...doused it with more 'rum' as he called it...then pressed it on the wound on the back. The squire heartily[i] bit down the cloth in his mouth as a new surge of pain flowed throughout the body [i]" Now don't be such a babe, you took the blows from those yukman and didn't let out a peep, didn't ya?"

"I think that was the adrenaline , dad" The boy told his father.

"Likely was, smart lad ain't he?...My brother and I are expecting him to make a fine doctor one day... I'm teaching him Herbs while he teaches 'im medicine"
He tossed it away then came the third rag, repeated the process and pressed it against poor ol' Kreig's forehead. Unfortunately for dear ol' Kreig, the pain was now too much for him to bear and he promptly passed out " Oh dear"

"SQUIRE KREIG!!!"

"Oh he's still breathing, thank goodness... might be for the best really, makes it easier to suture his wounds" Then came the lovely needle and thread, yes, such a fun day this was turning out to be for the poor squire, fun indeed.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on November 26th, 2013, 10:34 am

Kreig :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Riding: Horse +1 XP
Investigation +1 XP
Weapon: Longsword +3 XP
Brawling +2 XP
Unarmed Combat +3 XP
Endurance +3 XP
Acrobatics +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Titus Maximus: Syliran Knight
Hadvard Raeloth: Syliran Knight
Yukmen In The Bronze Woods
Yukmen Are All Brawn, Little Brain
Elim The Herbalist And His Son, Solomon

Loots
+5 Shield Points

Notes :
I love how Kreig mitigate his meagre longsword skill with his awesome brawling! :D :thumbsup: Great job!

Yukmen are really great cannon fodders. :lol:

Hmmm a note, I think Titus saying 'my squire' is rather unfitting as Kreig is Natasha's squire, his patron is not Titus. :P

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes