Completed [Anthonius Fighter Pit] Trying To Teach(Rhys)

Sei tries to teach Rhys some of his knowledge.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter Pit] Trying To Teach(Rhys)

Postby Sei Tendo on October 24th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Sei lifted after a few moments, and walked toward Rhys. He took up his stance after he was a few feet away, and began to speak. "Throw a punch." He recommended, placing his hand on his chest. He took in a breath, and waited for Rhys' reaction. He wasn't to scrawny, but Rhys' was good at enduring hits, and he was also easily distracted. Sei needed to teach better, so he would try to stat by teaching the basics. He stood tall and watched Rhys intently.

"I'm going to teachh you what I know. Pay close attention, because I'm not the best teacher." He said.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rhys Blodwen on October 26th, 2013, 1:36 am

The fighter stood, walking a bit closer, and instructing a punch. Rhys happily obliged, throwing his fist directly forward as the fighter seemed to analyze Rhys as much as humanly possible. Rhys held his arm outstretched, his fist still curled in a ball, as he did so.

His eyes seemed to probe every aspect of Rhys' being. His form, his seemingly tireless endurance, even his conscience. He didn't know why the fighter was probing him, but he didn't much mind. The fighter didn't seem much disappointed in any way... Nor did he seem excited, the same.

"I'm going to teach you what I know." He said. "Pay close attention," He warned. "because I'm not the best teacher." But I can afford your lesson, which is enough.

Rhys gave a slight nod, indicating that he was ready. He thought the teaching began when the fighter practically broke Rhys' skull, but, whatever works.
Rhys Blodwen
What to do...

Words: 26612
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 11:44 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on October 27th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Sei crossed his arms over his face, and blocked the punch. He had watched enough to know that Rhys needed to try and make steadier hits. He put more than enough force behind it, but from what he could see, they were slow like Sei's. He relaxed his arms at his side, and tried to think of what to say. It was clear that Rhys had the attitude for it, but his clumsy moves were different story.He took a deep breath, and began his explanation. "Umm, maybe.. Try focusing your aim on something particular. It helps me get a good grip on my control, and it might help you steady your punches."

He tried his best, and hoped Rhys would understand what he was trying to say. He wasn't very confident in his explanations, but he would still try. He threw a punch of his own, and aimed at Rhys' chest. So far, Rhys had the worst defenses he'd ever faced.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rhys Blodwen on October 31st, 2013, 10:29 am

The throw, unfortunately, hit a wall of protective flesh and bone. Although, Rhys didn't expect much from the hit, to begin with.

"Umm," The fighter began, sounding disappointed "Maybe try focusing your aim on something particular. It helps me get a good grip on my control, and it might help you steady your punches."

So aiming increases the pain inflicted by my fist? What? This doesn't make sense. Rhys thought to himself.

His unsure response was only backed by the recognition that his instructor a.) Knew what he was doing b.) Was much bigger than Rhys, and c.) Had been hired to hurt Rhys if necessary.

If aiming's what it took, aiming it would be.

Rhys directed his attention to the Fighter's neck, what Rhys recognized as an important, and therefore painful part of the body. He swung his fist forward, his eyes locked on target, hoping to hit.

Soon after, Rhys became aware of a punch aimed specifically at his chest. Fear of being hit again warranted a hastened slep to the incoming fist, which didn't do much to deter the path of the flying hand, moreover soften the blow.

Rhys took a couple steps back, keeping his formation, as to both take a slight break and to keep extra caution of the fighter. The last thing Rhys wanted was a broken rib.
Rhys Blodwen
What to do...

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on November 1st, 2013, 4:15 pm

Sei used his lower arm to shield his neck, only to have his arm knocked into his throat. Either Rhys knew pressure points, or he was just focusing anywhere. He rubbed his neck, and looked Rhys over as he stepped back from Sei's punch. At least his opponent wasn't as careless as before, even if he was still weaker. He straightened and waited a bit before speaking. "Try kicking." That was the first thing in his head. He was a fighter, but he only knew the basics as any other.

"Ya know, with your feet." He added with sarcasm. He demonstrated a kick for fun, and relaxed his stance. He blew out a long breath, and watched Rhys intently. So far, the man had proved to be a good learner, and it appeared Sei was making some kind of sense. He couldn't help but feel worthless when it came to teaching, but it was no use sulking about it now. He would keep his word and show Rhys what he knew, and in return he would improve hopefully.

"And remember to focus your aim."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rhys Blodwen on November 3rd, 2013, 11:44 am

Rhys' fist hit the fighter's forearm again with a loud thump, and Rhys immediately dragged his hand back to his body, shaking it violently as to try to dull the pain caused by the collision, trying to keep in stance.

The fighter didn't seem better off, himself, raising a hand to rub where Rhys had aimed, which was surprising to Rhys. He had assumed that the fighter would have a magnificent pain tolerance from fighting so long. Or just fighting. Perhaps he wasn't as powerful as first conceived... He was strong, yes, but was he the strongest? No. No, not possibly. He was as mortal as Rhys. Maybe moreso.

Yes, that was it!

Rhys had adopted a new goal. Pain would be worthless. It would be ignored. It would be... Little. Insignificant. It would be small, small enough for Rhys to step on.

"Try kicking." Commented the fighter. "You know, with your feet."

With what else would I kick with?

The fighter may have interrupted Rhys' train of thought, but the goal was still clear, although, unfortunately, pushed to the back of his consciousness. Rhys swung his leg over to his right side, crouching slightly as he had seen the fighter do when he kicked. He put an ounce of pressure on his front leg, swinging around with his back and aiming for the fighter's knee. However, balance wasn't exactly Rhys' strong suit. After delivering the kick, and probably missing, Rhys fell to the ground.

He shut his eyes in shame, letting out a deep sigh, the fighter standing above him probably laughing his arse off.

"And remember to focus your aim." He said.

Rhys sighed again.
Rhys Blodwen
What to do...

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on November 3rd, 2013, 4:56 pm

Sei burst into laughter, unable to control himself as Rhys attempted to kick, and missed as he fell to the ground. "Ha! Even my kick is more stable than yours!" He said mockingly. After a few moments of laughter, Sei began to hold his stomach, and quieted down a bit. Pathetic! And even I can do better than that! He thought to himself, the metal laughter causing his stomach to clench once more. He held out his hand and helped Rhys to his feet.

He tugged the man to his feet, and displayed his own shaky kick. "Try again. I'm going to be moving though." He coaxed.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rhys Blodwen on November 13th, 2013, 7:30 pm

"Ha!" The fighter laughed. "Even my kick is more stable than your's!"

Rhys sighed into the dirt, shutting his eyes in an attempt to cope with the embarrassment ensued by the fall. The fighter simply wouldn't let it go! He kept laughing. Incessantly. It wasn't that funny, was it?

Rhys rolled over onto his back, grasping the hand offered by the fighter and allowing him to pull Rhys off the ground. It didn't even hurt that much, or at all really, but Rhys hung his head for a second, rubbing the back of his neck as to feign injury. When Rhys looked up, the man flung a shaky foot towards him, which made Rhys jump a little but didn't stagger him. Perhaps he wasn't aiming for Rhys. A bit unnecessary.

"Try again." The fighter commanded, and Rhys got in position to kick when the fighter added that Rhys would be aiming at a moving target. Stellar.

Rhys nodded slightly, indicating that he was ready.
Rhys Blodwen
What to do...

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on November 19th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Sei moved in, making a clumsy step in to close the distance between Rhys and himslef. He stepped out with his left foot, and made a half-hearted punch for Rhys's gut. Hoping to make a demonstration, Sei tried to make a full kick, but it was wobbly. At least I didn't fall. He reminded himself. Stepping back, he took in a deep breath before circling his opponent. "Just do your best." He said. Sei threw a light punch, and waited for Rhys to respond
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on January 20th, 2014, 5:29 am

Sei Tendo

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Unarmed combat + 2 XP
Teaching + 2 XP
Observation + 2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Training Rhys
Poking fun at Rhys
A spar at the Fighter's Pit

notes :
Cute thread guys. Rhys I will add your grade when your CS is updated.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous