PM to join II. Question Everything

The Rearing Stallion (Hadyn, PM to Join)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

II. Question Everything

Postby Orion Michaels on September 28th, 2013, 5:38 am

45th Day of Fall, 513 AV
The Rearing Stallion
22nd Bell

Gods, he was an idiot. Had he really done that? Had he seriously done that? It had to be a joke. It just had to be. After everything that he'd done to try and better himself, he'd just risked throwing it all away. And for what? It wasn't worth it by any means. He'd acted on impulse, he'd acted with feeling, and he hadn't given it a second thought once he started. It seemed there was plenty of time for a second, third, and fourth thought now.

He'd gotten to the Stallion several bells before. It was his old watering hole, a place he'd spent many long nights and a place responsible for the reputation that followed him around to this day. It was also a place he'd avoided for the most part, for foolish actions in the past. Those times were faded memories now, covered by fresh transgressions. Orion couldn't be sure why he'd even ended up here. Perhaps it was habits of old, unable to be forgotten entirely. He'd washed away more sins in this bar than he could remember. Old habits died hard.

"Don't be a vagik, Michaels! Another shot!"

Her.

What was her name?

The hazy bar obscured her face. Or maybe that was the booze. Where had he seen her before? Had they even met prior to this evening?

I can't remember...ugh...my head...

A small glass of a clear liquid scraped against the bar, coming to a stop before the already drunken squire. He was pretty sure he was there with a group, drinking, partying, and enjoying life in Syliras. That's why he was there, right?

"Come on! I'll do another with you? Barkeep, one for me!" Her laugh was muffled, as though one of the two were underwater. All two..four..all eight of her dark almond eyes were fixated on him. It was beautiful, if a bit creepy, though he enjoyed the way she could rotate the room around him. He fumbled at the glass, trying to pick it up but slender fingers instead slapped haplessly at the wooden bar. Orion gave pause, lifting his fingertips up to his eyes. The counter top was wet, and the drops of water on his fingers were suddenly the most fascinating thing he'd ever seen. Perfect little orbs just resting atop his finger. They jiggled as he unevenly moved his hand about, bringing a stupid grin to the drunk squire's face.

The smile disappeared as he realized a face different from his own was only a few inches away from his.

Oh yeah, her.

The energetic woman, the one with the eyes and the hair. And the shirt and pants. That bit was too bad. Oh, and the hair.

I'm so not going to remember her tomorrow.

"You'e got your drink right there. What's with the delay, tough guy? Gonna let me drink you under the bar?" Orion reached out and snatched the drink from her hand, spilling half of it in the process. It was her drink, naturally, but she just smiled and slid the former doctor's into her hand. "To Syliras. To a good drink. To a pretty lady. Or man, if that's your fancy, Orion."

"Fuck you," he replied through slurred speech and that stupid grin. If he'd been a little more..there..Orion would have slammed the shot home. Instead he daintily brought the glass to his lips, as though he was about to sip a cup of hot tea, and forced the burning liquid down gullet that way. The king of party was back.

"I'd heard you were a charmer, Orion. The stories do you no justice," she deadpanned, joining him in clearing their vessels of alcohol. She'd heard all sorts of rumors about the wild doctor turned squire, but there'd been nothing but disappointment when she'd first laid eyes upon him. He was so focused on training, never taking any time for fun. When he'd come into the Rearing Stallion looking distraught, Lilly Grant had wasted no time in making her move. Joining as a squire had made far to many a person uptight. A man with his reputation? She couldn't let him fall victim to the same. "Don't fall asleep yet. We've got more fun to have." Easy to say when she'd been feeding Orion drinks all night. She'd barely tasted a drink. Just as she planned.

Orion just blinked and nodded. He was far from being argumentative at this point. Besides, all his energy was going into staying on the stool he was seated on. To this point all he had was a very noticeable lean to left. Not too shabby for four bells of consistent drinking.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

II. Question Everything

Postby Hadyn Skellig on September 28th, 2013, 2:12 pm

It was late and still candles burned in Sultros Blades, though it was no longer a surprise to anyone. Hadyn was working well into the night and thus it was to be expected that her coworker would find her laboring when he returned to the forge to fetch his jacket. Her attention was entirely captivated by the tedious process of inlaying a sword hilt. The herringbone pattern required complete focus as she couldn't be bothered by Yorick's entrance as she set the copper and silver wire into the narrow channel. It was a careful operation to maintain consistency across the entire hilt. She'd already cut the channels into the iron and now was the exacting part of fitting the copper and silver wire into the grooves. Therefore it wasn't a shock to Yorick that it took him three passes to gain her attention.

"Can't you see I'm workin'," Hadyn snapped as he touched her shoulder again, raising her head only to speak before dropping her gaze to the task.

"Sure can," the large man drawled, unperturbed by her ire as he wrapped his coat around one giant forearm. "Thought you'd like t'know your child's father's gone 'n made a place for hisself over at t'Stallion."

Hadyn rolled her eyes skyward, hand poised holding the forceps with the copper and silver twisted wire above its bed. If she didn't address Yorick he'd bother her until the sun rose. With a frown the brunette returned to her work, speaking offhandedly as she slipped the wire into the channel.

"So?"

"So hadn't y'ought to go collect him?"

"Why?"

"He's makin' a damn fool of hisself. Drinkin' an' actin' all..."
the man paused, searching for the word though Hadyn suspected it was more for show. "Un-fatherly."

"I don't give a rat's arse what he does,
" she replied mildly, selecting the single silver wire to place next to the twisted one. Herringbone was among her favorite inlays and it meant she could sit for more of the process.

"Y'might if he goes gettin' that lass he's with pregnant."

"Hope she's more tolerable than I."

"Haddie,"
Yorick dropped over her shoulder, staring down at her work. "He's actin' very unKinghtly."

Hadyn dropped her head down, forehead touching the cool iron of the pommel as she sighed. There was no letting this one go. He'd stay and pester her until she either relented or finished her work. But with his presence that could take forever. Raising her head the weaponsmith twisted her neck to look over her shoulder at the man.

"If I get him an' drop him at the barracks will y'leave me alone?"

"Maybe."
The male weaponsmith flashed her a toothy grin, offering a hand to help her out of the chair, which she accepted. Pulling herself to her feet elicited a groan as she situated herself and brushed the dark braid over her shoulder. Now nearly ready to give birth all she could manage were dresses. It annoyed her to lose the flexibility of trousers but there was no way she was purchasing pants to fit only to never use them again after the baby's born. The dresses weren't horrible but they made working in the forge a nightmare. At least she could still fit her feet into the sturdy boots. Accepting her jacket from Yorick the woman glanced at him with a frown.

"Don't know that I'm the person he wants t'see."

"'Haps seein' you will make him realize what a dipshyke he's bein'," t
he large man replied with a massive shrug. "Just don't like t'thought of that'un's father actin' like a damn drunken fop,'S if he don't have responsibilities."

"I'll let him know you feel so,"
Hadyn murmured as she tossed a glance at her work station. Now that she was on her feet she knew it'd be difficult to get back to the task. With a sigh she looked at Yorick again. "You're a bastard."

"So's your baby's daddy."

Hadyn couldn't argue with this so she simply followed him out the door. Yorick agreed to walk her there and help if need be, though she suspected he was more looking for a show. He never really fancied Orion, which didn't shock anyone. But it was odd that he'd come to her to help clean up the Squire's mess. Perhaps Yorick was truly bothered by the idea of Hadyn's child's father souring his already negative reputation. They walked in silence, leisurely as Hadyn could really do nothing in a hurry any more. She pondered what exactly she could be expected to say to Orion. If he was drunk there wasn't much she'd extend in the way of help. The last thing she needed was him yelling at her in a public space. But as they walked on the woman decided it couldn't hurt to try. No doubt his patron would wring his neck to know he was getting wasted at the Stallion. It was, as Yorick so eloquently pointed out, un-Knightly behavior and if he wanted to ascend the ranks he needed to stop drinking.

As they neared the Stallion the woman ignored an impending sense of doom. She hadn't been to the place at night in over a season. Just the scent of alcohol made her ill though a part of her would kill coldblood for a shot or mug of ale. Steeling herself against the desire to swoop a mug off a passing barmaid's platter the brunette set her sights on the bar, where she was certain Orion would be. Yorick walked behind her, silent and imposing. Adopting an unforgiving visage Hadyn moved through the crowd, silently amazed at the parting of bodies to allow the pregnant woman through. No shoving of elbows or stepping on toes Though that could easily be owed to the large weaponsmith shadowing her steps. Finally she saw him, that dark mop of hair attached to a body hunkered over the bar. He looked like he could barely manage to sit on the stool, a girl before him pouring another drink. Hadyn rolled her eyes and cursed her luck. This was not the kind of bullshyke she needed.

Approaching the bar, the woman leaned against it, facing Orion and ignoring Miss Grant's presence entirely. She couldn't bother to trifle with the barmaid who appeared encouraging of the Squire's inebriation.

Evenin' Orion. Back to the booze I see,
" she commented dryly, nodding to the array of empty glasses before him. The bar was slick and she was careful to keep her balance as she rested a forearm on its surface. She surveyed him with an assessing eye. Her tone was sardonic, appealing to the joking side of Orion Michaels. She was careful not to appear overly judgmental. This was not a man easily moved from his drink, especially when he was so deep in it he could barely sit up straight.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

II. Question Everything

Postby Orion Michaels on October 3rd, 2013, 4:48 am

Orion's vision swirled as his usual vibrant blue eyes were listless and vacant. The booze had long since disrupted any coherent thought. All that was on his mind was the tall cup of woman beside him and the growing stack of glasses before him. "Come on, Michaels, you ready for another?"

No. No. No. No. He'd had too much. He needed to call it it quits. He needed to call it an evening and stumble his way back to the dorms. Just say no.

"You know it," he replied his speech slurred and words slow. Another drink was set before him, but all he could do was stare at it. He hadn't noticed that she'd only taken about one out of every five drinks with him. He couldn't possibly get another drink down him. His body was ready to reject everything he'd done that night, and in a most spectacular way.

Hadyn's arrival couldn't have been better timed.

When she spoke, Orion opened his eyes widly, shocked from hearing the voice. "..Are you..?" He leaned down to his drink, pondering the situation for a moment. It appeared that his next shot had had some sort of charm placed upon it, for it was speaking to him. "Yes," he replied, narrowing his eyes at the glass. "What's it to you, fucking glass? I'm gonna drink you up. Wanna fight about it?" Orion reached for the glass to make good on his threat, but gasped audibly when he knocked the small container over. Tears immediately began to stream from his eyes as he lowered his forehead against the bar. The alcohol was cool against the skin on his face. It was almost refreshing. Much more so than if he'd actually imbibed it.

"No! No no no no! I was jussht kidding! I didn't want to kill you, glass! I'm so shorry!"

Lilly grinned as Orion sobbed, regarding Hadyn with a cool nod. She was aware of Orion's situations, and judging by the look of the newcomer, she could only put two and two together. "How interesting. You mustn't cry over spilt whiskey, Orion. Besides, you've got company." She gently placed a hand on his shoulder, tipping her glass to Hadyn before downing the alcohol and setting the vessel on the counter top.

Orion didn't move from his spot. "Can't you see I'm in mourning? Leave us be, Lilly. Just..just leave us be."

"He's a dramatic one, isn't he? Not nearly as charming as I'd heard." She motioned for Hadyn to take a seat beside him at the bar. "I'm sure he'll return to us momentarily. Can I order you anything?" Lilly saw no reason to be hostile towards this woman. It would be interesting for her to watch the interaction between Orion and the mother of his child. He was a troubled man, and in some ways she was a representation of it all. For a man who claimed doctor and squire as some of his many titles, he oft withered under pressure. Her curiosity was more than piqued.

Orion continued to moan quietly for the loss of the magical drink. Lilly's comforting touch was ineffective and the blue eyed man was somehow completely oblivious to Hadyn's and her co-worker's presence. Yorick was more than accurate in his assessment of Orion's situation.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Hadyn Skellig on October 4th, 2013, 2:26 am

Dark eyebrows rose as Orion descended deeper into inebriation. He was really hamming it up. Turning her attention to Lily the woman smiled appreciatively, easing herself into the seat beside Orion. She smirked at the barmaid's assessment of the Squire, canting her head in agreement. Yorick stood nearby, snorting at Orion's state - disgust registering plainly on his strong face. Now that it was clear the blue eyed drunk was truly the hot mess the male smith had described Hadyn kept her focus on Lily.

"Gods, I'd love a shot of whiskey but," she glanced down with a twitch of her nose. "Can't say the little one'll tolerate it. No. I'm alright."

Hadyn offered Lily a grin. The barmaid's intentions were unclear but she couldn't blame the lady if she was looking to enamor Orion. She was one of many. The brunette couldn't decide if that amused or distressed her. Setting her arm on the bar the weaponsmith turned her gaze to the squire in question, expression softening to mild pity.

"He'll be sick afore the night's done,"
the woman surmised dryly, tossing a glance over her shoulder to Yorick.

"He'll be lucky he don't die,"
he muttered, crossing his arms and leaning against the bar. He was less than impressed by Orion and made no attempt to hide it. "Not the best place for a father t'be wastin' his bells."

Hadyn ignored this comment resting a hand on her belly, the other forearm resting on the bar's surface. Away from the smithy she began to feel the subtle tug of fatigue. Orion's antics were receiving nothing but stares from the few folk that still populated the Stallion. Honestly she couldn't blame him for finding solace in the bottom of a glass but as the mother of his child she was not particularly pleased. A simpering grin was cast toward Lily, shifting gently in her seat to address the lady.

"What crime did you commit to wind up babysittin' him," she nodded her head toward the Squire with a smirk, setting her hand in the cupped palm of her hand, elbow resting on the worn bar.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Orion Michaels on October 5th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Lilly shrugged at Hadyn's reluctant refusal of a drink. It was probably for the better. Perhaps she held a tad bit more self control than the man she was feeding drinks. "Whatever works for you. I'm Lilly," she said, taking her hand from Orion's shoulder and leaning behind him to offer her hand for a greeting. Lilly considered herself quite lucky to come across people so connected to the drunken man. His interactions were all so animated. Everything was so extreme with the blue eyed squire.

Hadyn wasn't wrong that Orion was going to be ill. He'd had more alcohol than one man should consume, so it was a matter of when, not if. Lilly had ensured that. She bore no wicked intent with her actions. Orion had come into the tavern wanting to drink. She'd simply facilitated his desires. "You're right in that. The poor guy came in so distraught. Seemed like he was struggling with someone or something so we sat down for a drink. A drink might have turned into ten."

Orion continued to sob quietly as he lay in the spilled blood of his friend, 'glass'. He slowly moved his hand over to the liquid as his tears mixed with the whiskey. Fingertips touched the drink and then flicked droplets towards the glass. "Don't worry, glass," Orion whispered, a steady stream of tears still streaking his face. "I'm a doctor. I can save you."

Lilly ignored the scene Orion put on, instead turning her focus to Yorick with a curious grin. She knew people disliked Orion, but to meet one so close was something all together. "Not your favorite person, hmm? Curious..." The male who accompanied the pregnant woman was a judgmental type, was he? She bit her tongue for the moment, sitting up straight in her bar stool.

"It's no crime to spend time with Orion Michaels, wouldn't you agree?" She tilted her head to the side inquisitively, eyes glancing at their drunken companion. "We happened to be in the Stallion at the same time, that's all. I'd not go so far as to call it a fated meeting, but he's an interesting person nonetheless."

Orion groaned as he turned his face directly to the bar. "Oh drinky, you taste so good in my mouth. I can't save you. BUT. You shan't go to waste." Orion pushed his lips against the wooden bar and began sucking up the whiskey.

Lilly rolled her eyes and looked from him to Hadyn. What had he done to ruin this beautiful woman's life? No one deserved to be saddled with the drama which followed that man around. Whether he was directly responsible for said drama or not, it still came in wave after wave. It was both a brilliant spectacle and a pathetic show. "I really don't see what women see in him."

"Oh Glass. You're so delicious!" Sometimes Orion would just have to prove people right. This was one such time. Lilly flashed a grin at Orion, almost appreciative for his timing. At least he was kinda cute?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Hadyn Skellig on October 5th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Yorick merely shrugged at Lilly's comment. He felt no inclination to respond, especially considering how much he wanted to get this over with and go back to his own drinking - which he'd so nobly foregone to keep Hadyn's reputation from souring. Orion was a blaggard, as far as the redheaded smith was concerned. Not one of Hadyn's best bedpartners and probably the worst to leave her with a child. And since her brothers were unavailable to keep this asshat in line the responsibility fell on Yorick. It was a magnanimous burden and one he would not let her forget when this was all finished.

Hadyn, on the other hand, warmed up nicely to Lilly, though she held reservations about the lady's intent. But her explanation was reasonable enough. It wasn't terribly difficult to watch one or two drinks turn into ten or twelve. Wasn't that how she and Orion managed to find themselves in this predicament to begin with. Lilly's next comment received a raised eyebrow from the weaponsmith. Didn't seem entirely necessary for her to explain all that, but the brunette wouldn't judge. She had no trouble feeding men drinks when she had a motive.

"I often wonder that myself," Hadyn replied mildly to Lilly's final comment before offering her a grin and shaking her hand firmly. "Hadyn." Turning to look at the poor Squire the weaponsmith couldn't resist a smirk. He was worse off than she was and there was no getting around the entertainment he provided.

"How long has he been givin' these fine folks a show to go with their supper,"
the woman indicated with a nod of her head toward the other patrons, some of whom shot Orion a dirty look for his antics. It remained a mystery how she would collect the man and take him to the dormitories. As it was, this Lilly may have other plans in mind for the blue eyed drunk. Hadyn preferred not to ruminate on how that settled with her. The lady seemed alright and Orion was free to do whatever - or whomever - he chose. Their baby had no bearing on his behavior. A twinge of regret stung her as she realized there really was no reason for her to be here at all.

Yorick rolled his eyes skyward and nudged Hadyn gentle in the shoulder blade. He'd had enough of this dicking around. Throw the squire over his shoulder, say goodnight to the lady and let's go. His expression belied any attempt at remaining polite.

"'S gettin' late, Haddie," he murmured. "Don't s'ppose his handlers'd be too happy to find 'im here in t'mornin'. Best get him back, hm?"

The brunette turned carefully to look at the smith over her shoulder. He was exceedingly uncomfortable in both Lilly and Orion's presence, though the latter he might easily remedy with a punch to the nose. He was taking this role of brother far too seriously. With a sigh Hadyn returned her attention to Lilly, her expression apologetic for Yorick's rudeness. The bell was getting on. And they were here to see Orion home.

"Well, don't know how much luck we'll have. But we've come to see the good Squire home."

Hadyn watched the woman with a polite smile, her expression amicable. She was curious how Lilly would respond - more interested, in fact, than actually lugging the drunk to the dormitories. Was this Lilly just another lady looking to get into the man's pants? couldn't hardly blame her if she was - though he wasn't putting on his best show. Hadyn half hoped the woman would tell them she'd take care of the Squire so they could be on their way. The other half of her worried she'd say it.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Orion Michaels on October 13th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Lilly took Yorick's indifference with a cool regard. She'd formed an opinion of him rather quickly, and it wasn't anything pleasant. He was a judgmental, better-than-thou sort, at least in the young woman's mind. She was of the mind that people should be free to do what they pleased, even if others disapproved. As long as it didn't cause harm. Well, catastrophic harm, at least.

Hadyn seemed a kind enough woman, nothing more than a victim of circumstances. The raven haired squire figured that if she'd be in whatever situation led to her and Orion's unique connection, she'd have fallen prey to it as well. Caution with people was birthed from the mistakes of others. She had no intentions of carrying anyone's child anytime soon, that much was sure enough. Though I doubt Hadyn had those intentions, either. She couldn't help but feel some amount of pity for her, though she'd never express it openly. Orion was a storm of emotion, and you never knew how bad it was going to be. She'd never wish anyone to be saddle with him, not even her worst enemies.

"He came in a few bells back and was drinking by his lonesome. In my experiences people hitting the sauce that hard either need to be left alone or.." Lilly paused for a moment, brushing an uncooperative strand of hair behind her ear once again as she let her cold, dark eyes rest on the back of Orion's head. "Or sometimes they need someone to be around them more than you can imagine. He's a bit of a rambler when he drinks. Seems like he's trying to forget something."

At this point Orion was so far gone that he didn't even pay notice to the fact they were discussing him quite literally behind his back. His cries for 'Glass' subsided as he muttered nonsense into the bartop.

"By as much attention as you're giving him, I'd confuse you for one of his handlers," Lilly retorted to Yorick, a bite to the tone of her words. "I hadn't realized we had Yahal himself in our presence. Who better to judge one on their purity?" She gave a him a wave and motioned for the door. "I think Hadyn and I here can handle a drunk Orion. You can scurry back to whatever the immensely important task that must be waiting on you."

Lilly caught just what she was saying and brought a hand to her mouth, blushing slightly as she gave Hadyn a sideways look. She hadn't considered that the two may be good friends and had treated him like some lecher trying to get in her knickers. She wasn't going to apologize, to him at least, but she'd bite her tongue unless he provoked her.

"Sorry about that, Hadyn. I'm a little fiery when I've got a few in me. As much as it saddens me, maybe you're right. Seems the Orion show has ended for the evening, at least on this platform." Lilly finished her drink with haste, a sudden uncertainty in her demeanor which didn't exist prior to her outburst.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Hadyn Skellig on October 14th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Unbidden a straight eyebrow arched over one eye as Lilly effectively shooed Yorick away, her tone not lost on the brunette. For his part the large weaponsmith merely rolled his eyes, clearly unconcerned by the squire's tone and manner. He'd dealt with enough bratty women to shrug her words off. He could care less what she thought and even less what she said. He wasn't here to stroke her ego.

"Y'ain't doin' him any favors by loadin' him with booze,"
he quipped with a sour expression, refusing to look at Lilly as he tightened his crossed arms over his chest.

"Tch," Hadyn hissed, turning to glare at him. "Come off it," she snapped softly with a frown. Returning her gaze to the female squire Hadyn could only roll her own eyes skyward before commenting on her apology. "Don't worry. He's jus' salty he isn't drinking himself."

Yorick snorted behind her, miffed Hadyn was even engaging this annoying woman. But he stayed silent, praying for a swift return so he could go back to the night's previously enjoyed activities. But as his friend requested he said no more. He was simply the muscle that might be useful to get the pathetically drunk squire back to the barracks.

"I don't want to ruin his fun," she explained with a sigh, brown eyes watching Lilly carefully. "Can't much stand to be 'round him long anyhow. But I ought to at least attempt to help the father of my child when I can, y'know?"

Hadyn was the last person to go out of her way to help someone - especially if that someone ground her nerves raw. But a frustrating sense of obligation encouraged her to make an effort. She'd be especially vexed if he wound up drinking himself to death this night, leaving her with total responsibility over the child.

The brunette readjusted herself in the seat and finally vacated it to step closer to Orion, extending a hand to lay on his shoulder. She wasn't entirely sure how successful this venture would be but considering Yorick would leave her alone if it worked she at least had to try. There was a gentle amount of pressure, enough to alert the inebriated man that an appendage rested atop skin. Leaning toward him Hadyn spoke quietly.

"Alright then, Orion. What say we get y'to the dorms an' you can sleep this all off." She was close enough she didn't have to raise her voice, which might further disorient him. Looking up at Lilly she shot the woman a wink, resting her forearm over Orion's shoulder as she shifted her weight to the other foot. She ran a hand across his head, rustling his dark hair gently with fingers that gently massaged his scalp, hoping to elicit an amenable reaction. Her voice returned to its normal resonance as she addressed Lilly. "Been in his shoes more times than I care to admit. Hopefully the promise of a warm bed'll get him up and movin'."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Orion Michaels on October 23rd, 2013, 1:28 pm

"And you aren't doing anyone any favors by opening your mouth," she snapped back. "Get over yourself. I haven't done anything the man didn't want to do himself." Lilly crossed her arms, her features disguising no small bit of annoyance at Yorick. Hadyn's words did serve to diffuse the situation somewhat. She could relate with that idea. Only reason she wasn't drinking is because Orion needed someone to take care of him at the moment. It was slightly relieving to have someone else the drunk knew there to help her out, even if it was somewhat of an awkward situation, all things considered.

"I'd..hardly say he's having fun," she replied with a glance down to the beyond inebriated squire. He was probably passed out, judging by his slow, deep breaths and lack of outbursts. That second bit was more curious. Something had soured things between these two, though there was something to be said that Hadyn had even come down. Was she here because she didn't want the father of her child making a fool of himself? She was years too late if that were the case. It was likely a result of the brooding man behind her. Lilly would have to keep her eye on this. "I suppose you should. He's less than willing to do anything for himself at this time."

Orion shifted with a groan as Hadyn laid her hand upon him. His world was upside down, and not just from the booze. The pressures of life, of Hadyn, of Emily, of that unborn child. Of his transgressions, his poor choices, and the knighthood. All of them were starting to break him down. He hadn't drank himself this stupid in so long he couldn't recall the last time. Orion turned his head to the side, squinting as he looked up at a familiar face. Why was she here? To judge him? Did she have the kid already? It would be so like him to miss an important event like that. He'd have to apologize, so he opened his mouth to speak.

"I wansh tog mulf.." With a small nod and a feeling of satisfaction, Orion put his forehead back on the bar.

Lilly couldn't stifle a giggle as nonsense came forth from Orion's lips. He was gone. So far gone. "I don't think we'll have any issues getting him to move. If you guys can help me get to the dorms, I'll be able to get him in the rest of the way." The raven haired squire looked over to Yorick, a smirk touching her face. "So what do you say, tough guy? Wanna wash this guy from your hands? You can get back to being better than him, I promise."
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

II. Question Everything

Postby Hadyn Skellig on October 28th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Lilly was tickled by Orion's garbled attempt at communication - and why shouldn't she be? it was her doing. She was simply delighting in her achievement. Hadyn however was less amused. The man was wreck in more ways than one. It was fortunate Yorick came with her as the brunette would be no help whatsoever getting Orion home. Despite the momentary brush of pleasure seeing him so miserable elicited it was hardly the state she wanted to see the father of her child in. She nodded to her redheaded friend that he might hoist the man over his shoulder and be off.

For all intents and purposes Yorick ignored the female squire. Unlike Hadyn he didn't care if he was being rude or brusque with her. Stepping past his companion he sized up the inebriated man before grasping Orion's arm to pull him back from the bar while simultaneously ducking his own torso beneath the squire's. Once the drunk's body was appropriately draped with one arm over a broad shoulder and a leg secured around the other the weaponsmith stood with a grunt, Orion's frame draped across the back of Yorick's neck like an uncomfortable stole. Dressed as a civilian the squire wasn't any heavier than his friends, many of whom Yorick had needed to haul home on more than one occasion. Grasping the man's wrist tightly, his other hand secured around a thigh, the redhead grunted again and jerked his head toward the door.

Hadyn moved slowly and carefully toward the door of the tavern, reaching before the lumbering Yorick and company. Holding it open for the weaponsmith and Lily the brunette couldn't help but feel somewhat perplexed by the female squire. She didn't quite understand the woman's disdain for Yorick but it wouldn't be the first time the redhead rubbed a lady the wrong way. Was she jealous of having Orion's attention split? certainly not, the blue eyed squire could hardly manage a coherent sentence, let alone give someone full regard. Besides, it was by Lilly's hand that he was trashed to begin with, which was equally bemusing. How did the squire plan to get this very large very drunk man back to the dormitories all on her lonesome? something about the scene didn't fit for Hadyn. Under any normal circumstance it was neither her business nor her intention to snoop. But there existed a damnable loyalty to Orion's well being that encouraged Hadyn to go out of her way on his account - tonight being an excellent example.

"Y'got further plans with the good squire, then?" the brown eyed weaponsmith inquired after Lilly passed over the threshold, closing the door behind him. Yorick paid neither woman any mind as he hauled Orion off, muttering to himself as he went. Hadyn walked behind, unhurried and patient in the darkness of the street. Her inquiry was not prying in tone but merely curious. She'd rather Lilly be interested in getting into Orion's pants. It would make the whole show more understandable. What other explanation could there be? anything else was just... odd.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next