Flashback Leaving the Nest

Save decides whether to abandon her nest and follow Caiyha or to remain loyal the the nest and Siku

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Leaving the Nest

Postby Erosynielissave on September 29th, 2013, 1:39 am

6th of Spring 510 AV

The scent of human blood filled the tunnels in the massive underground labyrinth Save` called her home. The monthly sacrificial blood ritual was being prepared. She hated it. Her nest loathed the worship of Caiyha as much as she loathed worshiping Siku. It was pointless torture of humans for what she seemed a pointless cause.

“Elissave! I demand you to stop your moping and get ready for the offering.”

Save` hissed as she ever so slowly turned to face her mother. Standing in her dhani form, her anger began to boil over.

“No.”

“What did you just say?

“I said no. I am not going to the ritual tonight or any other night. I am tired of the senseless torture and murder of humans. We are all Caiyha's creations. Even if we are 'superior', we are still equals in her eyes. I cannot continue to follow the senseless violent ways of Siku. I'm done with it all. Mother I have lived countless seasons in the walls of this place I am forced to call my nest. I want no part of it anymore. Mother....I am leaving; and there is nothing you can do to stop me.”

Her mother stood in shock as her own flesh and blood not only defied her, but also threatened to abandon her nest. She was speechless as Save` packed what she could into her backpack and began walking towards the surface. Her mother grabbed her arm in a fierce grip.

“I forbid you to leave this nest!” At this Save laughed.

“You forbid me? I don't think so.” She was so full of anger, she didn't care what the consequences of her actions would be. Nor did she care about her nest. They favored violence and bloodshed over peace and tranquility. Her nest mates spurned her for worshiping Caiyha more than worshiping Siku. She didn't belong there.

Snatching her arm away from her mother, she stormed off to her bed.

The ritual proceeded as it normally did and Save` did not attend. The night slowly fell and dragged on as everyone eventually went their separate ways and ultimately went to sleep. Patience was key to her plan. She had waited this long. Only a few more bells. She had never been to the surface. There was never any reason to go there. All the men served the females as it should be. They would go out to hunt and gather whatever the nest needed most by orders of the queen.

Without a second thought, Save shifted to her human form and silently grabbed her steel fan, her backpack, and swiftly moved through the labyrinth to reach the surface. Was it really going to be this easy? Thanking Caiyha for the courage to leave, only getting lost in the maze of her home a total of four times, and reaching a dead end once, Save reached the surface and gazed upon the night sky. Her destination was the city of Ahnatep. It wasn't too far from the nest and she could easily hide there. Or at least she hoped she could...
Translation :
All dialogue is in snake tongue.

Erosynielissave
Stop shoving your word fork into my eye brain

Words: 45003
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 10:52 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Scrapbook