Closed Funeral Outfits?[ Lady Eya's Outfitters]

Eyasia makes dresses for Inari and her friends.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Funeral Outfits?[ Lady Eya's Outfitters]

Postby Eyasia Lorak on October 1st, 2013, 11:55 pm

30th of Fall, 513 AV

The night sky laid across Kenash like a blanket. Only the drunks and shoppers at the midnight market found themselves out and about. Than there was Eyasia. A dark black carriage pulled in front of the colorful shop and as soon as Eyasia opened her carriage door, she had gotten a clear view of a person in a red cloak standing in front of the shop.

The person pulled her cloak off, revealing to Eyasia that it was her best friend. Celeste Redoff, the lovely human woman held up a bottle of wine and laughed."Since we're here instead of a tavern, I brought some wine." Celeste gave a seductive smile. But she simply frowned once she saw Tempest and Dyanna exit the carriage too.

"I'm sorry Celeste, my niece and her friends will be coming over too, is that okay?" Eyasia approached the shop, pulling out a key to open the door. The shop smelled fresh laundry and she couldn't help but inhale the smell and smile.

"It's okay..."Celeste sighed as she passed out on a velvet couch."Business is business, I'll need you to fix my dress anyways." A wide grin went across Celeste's face as she waited for Eyasia to ask why. But sadly the symenestra was already in her office going through the different fabric she had."I teared it at the tavern... You remember the rowdy men right?" Celeste closed her eyes disappointed that her friend didn't reply.

"Yeah... I remember. But you love rowdy men." Eyasia teased as she sorted through the fabric. She missed her times at the tavern. Dangerous times; there were so many times the poor woman was almost taken. But that never stopped her from accompanying her friend there.

"As if... I want to marry one of those rich men you associate with." The elegant woman got up and ran into the office. She gazed at the chandelier for a while before pressing her bottom to the desk."Take me to one of those parties." Celeste demanded as she opened the wine bottle and shugged it down.

"Take the wild child Celeste?" Eyasia leaned back in her chair and laughed. She looked passed her friend at a silk dress she had recently made. It was gold with puffy sleeves.

"Yes! I promise you won't regret it."

"Promise?" Eyasia raised an eyebrow and smiled. But she didn't wait for a reply as she got up and headed towards the door of the shop, where Dyanna and Tempest stood staring out the window."They're here."

Last edited by Eyasia Lorak on October 4th, 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You’ve got the wrong girl
Cause I got your number
I don'tdon’t know what kind of spell
you think I’m underThis ain't a feel-good, "Everything's fine" sing-along

"A wise woman once told me that
War is very common. Especially among women,
And I just stepped into the biggest war zone."
Eyasia Lorak
Exotic Beauty and Newest to the Lorak Family

Words: 30155
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Inari Lorak on October 2nd, 2013, 1:25 am

Fall, Day 30, 513 AV

It had been a blessedly clear and cool day, Inari thought as she, Nala, and Fi strolled amiably toward her aunt's shop, and the night grew only cooler. Soft, grey clouds rolled overhead with the barest threat of rain, but the air still felt light and breezy enough to suggest it may very well be an empty one. Just another unkept promise amidst thousands more, buried beneath the secrets and scandals that held their fair city together.

Idly, Inari's mind drifted toward the Annual Askarade being held tomorrow. She was not overly fond of enormous gatherings, being the noisy and crowded and pushy things that they were. Dressing up for the event was as tempting as ever, but there were so many other things on the Lorak's mind that she wasn't sure she would be up for it.

With a sigh, she swept such thoughts aside as they neared the colorful walls and plant life surrounding Lady Eya's Outfitters. Inari could make out figures in the window, two of which were peering out at the trio.

Before she could even lift her hand to knock, the door swung open and she found that the shop already filled with people. A new face was present as well, its dark haired owner draped languidly over a couch with a bottle of wine in one hand.

"Hello, Eyasia and...company," she greeted with a grin and a wave. "How has your work been going so far? We've finally got the chance to see what your shop is like, and are eager as ever to see what you have in store for us!"

Lies and truths are but cogs in a wheel.
Inari Lorak
Carver by day, miscreant by night.

Words: 73400
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 4:47 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fiora Radacke on October 2nd, 2013, 2:08 am

Fiora

Even if woodworking had not been her thing, Fiora knew how to shop. One of the few benefits of being married to a Dynasty brat was the fine clothes and accessories she could adorn herself with on a regular basis. The dangling earrings and multicolored jewels always twinkling on her wrists and fingers were one of Fiora's few simple pleasures in this life. It was not nearly as great a pleasure, though, as spending time with Inari and her new surprising friend, Nala, on an evening outing to a dress shop.

Fiora moved aside to let Inari go into Lady Eya's Outfitters first. After all, the owner was her aunt, and Fiora often preferred to be in the shadows anyway. When her friend opened the door, the Benshira blinked a few times, trying to adjust her sight to the change in light. She reached out to clutch Nala's arm as she could hardly see into the interior after the sunny outdoors.

After a chime, Fiora could see well enough and she let go of Nala as her eyes swept over the scene. A woman nearly as tall as her own Dhani friend stood on one side of the shop while another dark haired woman lay on a velvet sofa. Finally, Fiora let her gaze come to rest on a strange figure that was standing near the window. This woman had such pale grayish skin that she looked a little sickly. Her pinched nose turned up towards her yellow eyes, the whole odd ensemble framed by locks of hair a dark, unnatural maroon color. From the looks of her, Fiora knew this must be the long lost aunt of Inari. She gave Nala a long look and smiled over Inari's shoulder as her friend greeted the shop owner.

Fiora Radacke
Weaving tales and tapestries

Words: 55884
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Eyasia Lorak on October 2nd, 2013, 8:43 pm

"Very well."Eyasia nodded as she took Tempest small hand and led him to the couch. It room was just a little dark if it weren't for the few candles in the shop and the large amount in her office."Over the summer I've made enough dresses to last about two seasons. Today I was just coming in to fix a few dresses."

She watched two other women walk in behind Instill and could almost recognize both. One she had seen many times at the Radacke's plantation. Eyasia was there so many times she could call out everyone's name. Everyone except... her and she never bothered to ask Jaaris who the woman was. As for the other woman, she was taller than Dyanna. The dhani slave was the tallest she's ever seen until she came a long. Probably once or twice she has seen this woman, a quick glance at parties. Sadly, she didn't know her name either.

"Well let me properly introduce myself and the others." Her voice was quiet as she took a quick glimpse of herself in a mirror. The horror and madness her appearance was. It was worse than this morning although she was wearing her blouse and leather pants."Oh, excuse my appearance ladies. I have a dress ready and everything but I've just been feeling like a slob today."

"I'll say." Celeste winked at her friend before taking another swig of the wine. She lifted herself up, taking off her cloak as she approached the women. Most people would say Celeste and Eyasia looked alike but Celeste has more of a seductive, what the men would call hot body and face. Unlike Eyasia, she knew it too, showing each and every curve on her body with clothes that would hardly cover her chest area."I am Celeste, been here for awhile now and I know none of you will know me unless you're a man who loves me."

"What a modest girl."Eyasia glanced at her friend and smiled. She was never charming towards most womem but put a man in front of her and she would put on a game face. Eyasia pointed to her slaves. The very small boy who didn't look older than five and Dyanna who's head was down."I know Inari already knows them but these are my slaves, big helps in my life. Tempest is the cute little sandy haired boy." Her face lot up as she looked at him. Tempest stood and looked at all the women, examining them before sitting back down."As for the tall... mean looking one who is actually sweet, that's Dyanna."

"If you're guessing why I introduced my slaves it's because I want you to know they have names and how much I love and cherish them. Please respect everything in this shop, I believe everyone here can act like adults?" She asked putting on her business woman face.
Cause I got your number

Eyasia Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nalahessarajor on October 3rd, 2013, 5:52 am

The smell of fresh laundry and fabric hit Nala like an embroidered wave, forcing her to blink a few times as Fiora gripped her arm. The interior of the shop was brightly lit, in stark contrast to the cool night sky. She swallowed, looking down at Fiora with a reassuring nod. It can’t be all that bat, can it? she wondered to herself.

He question was answered as soon as she came through the door, her eyes narrowing at the woman as she spoke. Her skin was pale, her eyes a shimmering gold. When she spoke and smiled small fangs stood out amongst other teeth. Nala could feel the rage building inside her, which she covered with an uncomfortable swallow and straightening her back, trying to look even taller than she was. She would not be intimidated by the barbaric Symenestra. She rested a hand on the boney hilt of her Lash, which she wore as a belt, as if she were wearing a trophy from a prized kill.

She was just going to force herself to a state of calm, to smile at the woman and accept her eccentricity, doing her best not to offend Inari. But her eyes drifted over to the other tall woman in the room, one Eyasia introduced as Dyanna. The way she held herself, the way she swayed gently from side to side, there was no doubting this slave was one of her own people. Dhani always stick together, no matter the opponent. They were strong, a proud people with Siku to guide them…and this one had become a slave? It was shameful to be in her presence, let alone to call her Dhani. She wasn’t even trying to fight back!

Nala swallowed her disgust, though it was not difficult to see on her face. She forced a smile “I…sssee.” She licked her lips nervously, uncomfortable with the situation. A Symenestra, disgusting spiders that they were, stood before her claiming a strong Dhani woman as her slave. This was a crime Siku herself should have come to remedy! But if she lashed out, she would lose Inari forever, one of the few people she could truly call a friend. That was something she simply could not afford.

“I am Nalahessssarajor, but you may call me Nala. It isss a pleasssure to finally meet you. Inari sssaysss sssuch kind thingsss about you.”

Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Inari Lorak on October 3rd, 2013, 10:21 pm

Ahhh shyke...

Inari had completely forgotten about this tricky little business between heritage and dark pasts. Having spoken to her aunt earlier that day, she knew for a fact that Eyasia possessed little knowledge of her Symenestran half and didn't consider herself as being fully anything but Kenashern. Plus, the younger Lorak was sure that, as a slave, Dyanna was forbidden to learn much of her ancestors beyond what shreds of information had been passed down through family. In fact, it may even be a crime for the slave to be caught changing into snake form, much less know anything of the nuances of her bloodline.

Nala, on the other hand, was born and raised as a Rajor. Inari was quite sure few Dhani were as proud as her friend, who took everything about her status and background with utmost pride and seriousness. The Lorak could still vividly remember the way Nala had regarded an article of snakeskin clothing; the anger and revulsion twisted upon her lovely face was too terrifying to forget.

"My apologies to both of you," Inari quickly interjected, hoping to minimize the damage. "I had failed to inform either one of the other's, erm, background, but believe me when I say we all wish to be friends here and mean no one any harm. There are things that stain our pasts and political relations, to be sure, but I think we three are proof such barriers can be overcome, are we not?"

She looked to each of her two friends as she said this, then placed a hand on Fi's arm. "Speaking of which, as you've already been introduced to Nala, allow me present Fiora Radacke, one third of this oddball trio."

Inari nodded to Dyanna in acknowledgment, waved with a smile to Tempest, and merely quirked an eyebrow at Celeste, who was growing bolder each time they met.

"We don't wish to take up too much of your time, dear Aunt, especially not at this hour. There is a small change to our plans, though, so I hope it won't be a bother. We've decided we should find dresses for the Annual Askarade happening tomorrow, perhaps on top of funeral dresses. Would it be scandalous to wear the same dress twice?"

She screwed up her face, trying to decide. Honestly, she didn't attend enough of these things to know. She looked at the others present in the room for help.

OOC :
NP at all, makes for a more interesting thread :D

Inari Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fiora Radacke on October 4th, 2013, 11:22 am

Fiora

Fiora's mouth fell open at Eyasia's words, and she flicked her eyes from one of her friends to the other to see their reactions. Inari looked uncomfortable and perhaps even anxious, and the Benshira was not used to seeing her like that. It was probably for a good reason, though, as Nala displayed an expression of pure fury. Though Fiora didn't quite know why, she was bright enough to take a guess that the Rajor did not like to see another Dhani as a slave to anyone.

For herself, Fiora was completely offended. The fact that Eyasia, without knowing her or Nala even one tad had presumed that they wouldn't act like adults and respect her slaves and her shop was insulting! They were all of an age in this room, and Fiora was a wife and mother of two; a mother and she was being talked to like a child! Who was this woman to talk down to her in such a way? Lorak or no, Eyasia did not even act like she was a Dynasty. Proper ladies did not talk about themselves feeling like slobs, especially to strangers, even if it was true.

Plastering a fake smile on her face, Fiora nodded at the other people in the room that Eyasia introduced. The boy was adorable and tried to hold back a grin when Inari waggled her fingers at him. The slave was stiff and silent, an imposing force in the room, and Celeste....was vain and haughty as far as Fiora could tell. She took an instant dislike to that woman.

When Inari told everyone her own name, Fiora said through gritted teeth, "It's very nice to meet you," though she was not yet sure that statement was true. A trip she had been looking forward to since learning of the coming parties had turned into a nightmare in a matter of ticks. This was going to be a long evening if it kept going at the rate it had so far.

"Since the parties are at the same house, it might not be the wisest to wear the same thing twice," she said to Inari, the pleasant Lorak. "But perhaps Eyasia can show us some dresses that can be made to look different from night to night with accessories and things...or maybe we can even trade them between the three of us, if they can be easily altered in a short amount of time." Glancing at Nala who was still exhibiting evidence of rage, Fiora unclenched her own fists and tried to stay positive, for her dear friend Ari's sake if nothing else.
Fiora Radacke
Weaving tales and tapestries

Words: 55884
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Eyasia Lorak on October 11th, 2013, 10:10 pm

"Oh, Honey-" Celeste was cut off by Eyasia's threatening look. But they were both thinking the same exact thing. Their fake smiles were nothing new. The tension between them was very strong, Eyasia could feel it in the air. Was this really the people she wanted to deal with? The fakes and the phonies.

After hearing both Fiora and Inari speak she nodded."I guess everyone has different ideas..." Eyasia turned since Fiora and returned the same. But hers was a bit devious."My dear, I would suggest customizing dresses. The dresses around here are almost the same just with different patterns and colors. A... woman like yourself, too high to touch the soil of a freeborn would need something better right?" Eyasia laughed and so did Celeste."Please madam, let me leave to my office and show you guys some fabric..."

She motioned for Celeste and Tempest to follow. Dyanna stood there with her eyes glued to the door, never orders given just something she thought was necessary."I'm gonna need a drink." Eyasia hissed in symenos. Celeste chuckled, although she didn't understand she only knew Eyasia talked Symenos when she was upset.

"The dynasty women!" Celeste shouted acting as if she were exciting but she was just speaking a language. Eyasia and Celeste's language."What a pleasant surprise for a poor freeborn like myself." Celeste back was turned towards the office door. As Eyasia sorted through the fabric, Celeste made a gagging motion.

"Celeste..."Eyasia quietly shreaked. Although the two snobby women were already annoying Eyasia with their we're too good attitudes, they were Inari's friends. And she would feel so bad if it were her fault they stopped being her friend.

"Look at the one with the whip! Isn't that fascinating?" Celeste motioned whipping a slave than dying which made the clueless young kelvic laugh.

"Celeste!" Eyasia banged on the desk. But she relaxed and smiled." I found the colors!" She said grabbing three colors at random. A dark blue that looked as if it could match Leth's sky or an Akalaks skin, a lime green color that had a shiny glint to it and a lavender purple."Here you girls go! I was thinking these colors, maybe silk or satin? Sleeveless and strapless." Eyasia stopped as she ran over with the samples.

"I think white or black would look pleasing with all the dresses. Sadly, we do not have any accessories besides pearls but I can arrange bows in different places."
Eyasia
Cause I got your number

Eyasia Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Inari Lorak on October 14th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Inari cringed inwardly. There was something decidedly not right floating about the air, but what could they do? They were here, by the grace of familial ties and cordiality, and they needed dresses.

"Ah, actually, would you happen to have any satin or silk available? We were going for something a bit more...dream-like, though more in a eerie sense. The Askarade this year is mandating a nightmare theme, as you probably already know, so we're looking for something ethereal."

She trailed her hands over the fabrics, finding each lovely in its own fashion, but knew they would need deeper, more sultry colors to adhere to the Askaras bizarre requirements. Nightmare themes? Funeral parties? Gods know where they even came up with such things.

"For myself, I was thinking of something rich and dark, like a grape-red wine or deep ruby. I don't ever normally wear such colors, but I figured it would go well with the nightmare theme. How about you, Fi and Nala? Did you have anything in mind as well?"

Inari then gave a wan smile, still feeling uneasy from all the tension that had arisen, but determined to make the most of the evening. She tried to lighten the mood, adding in a little mischief to her words.

"I hope we aren't a hindrance, dear aunt. It's just been so dreadfully long since any of us have had a good bit of fun at a ball. We'd like to be daring and dramatic, and hopefully scare us up some handsome, dashing company!"
[/color]

Inari Lorak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nalahessarajor on October 16th, 2013, 2:19 am

Nala made her way to look at the sample fabrics, her body stiff and more rigid than usual. She had ceased her comfortable swaying that so often accompanied her presence, and had instead appeared as if her back was held in place by a pole. Her steps were still light as she glided across the floor, flicking sideways glances to the rooms other inhabitants.

When she looked upon the silks she could not help but relax a small amount. At least they had not come here for nothing, as these were some of the better fabrics Nala had seen in all of Kenash. “Perhapsss you have sssomething in dark greensss and brownsss? Sssilk, if posssssible. Do you happen to have any brocade fabricsss?”

Nala was willing to put aside SOME of their differences for fine wares, though she decided it was to the credit of the traders who had brought it here rather than the Symenestra vendor. As a Dynasty, wealth was one of the primary outward displays of power. If she had the most brilliantly disturbing costume at the Askarade, nobody would doubt that her family was one not to be ignored. Nala would not be ignored.
Nalahessarajor
Player

Words: 41406
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Next