Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Dead)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Dead)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 6th, 2010, 7:07 am

16th of Summer, 510 AV

Ora slept through the night with fitful dreams. Flashes of her childhood mixed with the flashes of Nero’s lead to a rather unpleasant sleep. The young woman was usually a calm sleeper, but in between the dreams and a half awake state, the Konti moved towards the warm body off to the side of the bed. Ora didn’t so much snuggle with him as remain close enough to obtain some of his warmth, her hands resting on where his rib cage would be.

The Konti woke slowly, her eye and body were groggy and achy, and her stomach and head hurt worse of all. With a small whimper, pale white fingers covered her face as the rest of her curled into a fetal position. Through the spaces between her fingers, violet eyes landed on the figure of Nero, still asleep, at least he appeared asleep, if he wasn’t, Ora could not tell. The young Konti felt a sudden increase in her heart rate as she realized an obvious fact: she was in bed with a man. Her cheeks flushed suddenly, her eyes glancing down under the covers, she was still dressed, she didn't do anything, at least that's how it appeared. The pain in her head an stomach turned her worries elsewhere.

The young woman was worried, she hadn’t felt this sick sense she was a child, and that was brief thanks to the healers on the Isle. Ora took the pillow she had been using and hid herself under it, trying to remember the previous night, which her mind was proving difficult.

A small amount of worry filled her, what happened after she finished her drink? She vaguely remembered vomiting, but after that there was nothing. Curiosity took the better of her, and with a small motion, Ora reached out and touched a bare portion of Nero’s arm.

With the physical contact, Ora went limp, her breathing relaxed as her mind traveled through the Chavena towards Nero’s Chavi. She found his Chavi easily and peaked into it, looking at what concerned her. She watched as he cleaned her up after vomiting, and carried her to go to sleep, an odd place was where he took them, Ora wasn’t sure what sort of tavern looked the way this one did.

Once Nero had blown out the candle, he laid himself down far from her, almost off the bed. Once he had begun to make a small amount of sleeping-noise, Ora left the Chavena, it seemed back in the physical world like only a few seconds had passed. Violet eyes peaked out from under her pillow to look at the man next to her.

With a small poke to the ribs of her companion, Ora spoke. “Nero?” She poked again, lightly, waiting for a reaction to rise from him.
Last edited by Ora Sa'vina on September 10th, 2010, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Ora, Nero)

Postby Nero Czan on August 6th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Nero had a somewhat pleasant rest. A noisy patron had awaken him in the middle of the night, but after a "polite" proposition, he had his peace and quiet back. The last thing he needed was to be kept up all night due to some old geezer's loneliness. Nevertheless, he had received his fill of sleep, yet as always, yearned for more. Sleep was one of those things that only got more necessary, the more you did it. Nero had rarely achieved that perfect amount, between not enough sleep, where one spends the day half-conscious, or too much sleep, where one spends half-an-hour dragging their sorry ass out of bed. Today was one of those latter times. Fortunately, Nero had someone to do that for him, and motivation had always done wonders for this man. That's why when he felt slender fingers probe his sides, he just smiled, his eyes slowly, and steadily, opening. It took him a moment to focus his sight, but once he had, he turned on his side and faced her with a sincere smirk, or at least the sincerest that a smirk can get.

"Good Morning, Princess. I bet you feel like crap right now..." He chuckled for a brief second, his words playfully ringing through the room. "For your information, this is called a Hangover, and it's the after-effect I mentioned. It'll pass, it's just a matter of not trying to do anything difficult." His smirk twisted into a pleasant and affectionate smile as he spoke. He sat up, his back resting against the wooden headboard, and started to fully awaken his mind and body, the final stage of cleansing all of the prior day's fatigue. And what a day that had been. He was just thankful there was no fighting to be done, as that usually dented his plans a bit.

"Anyways, How'd you sleep? I hope you didn't mind sharing a bed, but I tried my best not to make any awkward situations." He smirked as he laid his head back, closing his eyes and giving them a few more moments of rest. He spoke with them shut, a soothing and luscious tone coming over his words. "I did find it cute when I awoke to deal with a noisy neighbor, and found you holding me. I almost didn't want to get up." He chuckled, hoping to perhaps cheer her up through the annoying mist that formed over one's mind after a night of drinking. It took a good deal of Alcohol now-a-days to cause that to Nero, but he still had his nights, and they were not commonly, if ever, followed by pleasant mornings. He brought his arms behind his head as he re-opened his eyes, and his gaze settled on Ora, her cute face sheltered by the stuffed pillow. Maybe she's building a fort...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 6th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Ora groaned once Nero started to talk and buried her face deeper into the pillow. "I am not a Princess, but I do feel like terrible." Her muffled voice barely made it through the stuffed object. "Why did you not tell me about the hangover in detail before I started to drink?" Her voice turned into a small whimper as her legs compressed closer to her stomach.

The small Konti's fingers moved under the pillow to cover her face as another pitiful whimper came from under the pillow. "I have not felt this ill in many years..." Ora's mind was still foggy and painful, she didn't want to think, she would much rather spend the rest of the day asleep.

Ora poked her head out to look at Nero when he asked her how she slept, in all honestly, she hadn't slept well, her fitful dreams kept her from a restful sleep. "Not as well as I would prefer, but it was alright, and you, Nero?" Ora's eyes watched him as he continued to speak, she felt a small tingle in the back of her mind, truth, he did not intend or try to make any awkward situations, and for that, Ora was thankful. "Thank you for that, I hope I was not too much of a bother."

Ora felt her cheeks burn slightly when Nero told her what she had done the night before, her hands moved quickly to cover her mouth under the pillow. The young woman slinked under the cushion like a turtle back in its shell. "Did I really? I am sorry, I did not mean to." Her words seemed rushed and nervous, it was an uncomfortable thought for the woman, but again, a small tingle rose in the back of her mind, truth. She had indeed clung to the side of Nero for a portion of the night.

A small gurgle rose from under the sheets as Ora's stomach protested and demanded to be feed, though the woman was convinced if she ate anything it would reappear in a much different and unpleasant form. With a small groan a hand moved to rub her aching stomach. "I do not think eating would end so well right now..." She muttered, more to her stomach than to Nero.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 6th, 2010, 8:41 pm

She was just like a little turtle, and Nero was enjoying every moment of it. There was something so adorable in her ways, that he hadn't seen in years. In fact, the word adorable rarely came into his mind before yesterday, but now, it had become a common part of his, at least mental, vocabulary. He patted the pillow softly with a chuckle, his smile still holding strong. "I slept pretty well. The bed was soft, and I was definitely warm..." He smirked as his playful words once again took hold. He still found it sweet, and a bit surprising, that she had done what she did, but he would milk it for all he could. He was there to please, and as much as Ora may deny it, he found her a bit happier after every moment like this. He rubbed the outline of her head through the soft pillow, as he slid down to her level, his arm raising the edge of the pillow, and his eyes gazing into her own little cave. "There's nothing to apologize for though. I'm just glad to be of service. You're a fun person to be with, Ora." He chuckled, her rosy cheeks bringing a wave of joy through his mind, and he decided to finish it off with a bang. "For future reference, You can touch me whenever you want Ora." His mouth struggled to fend off the laughter that threatened every syllable, but he had finished his sentence with a sincere, albeit playful, overtone. He let the pillow fall as he withdrew to his side of the bed, content with his morning fun, and more than eager to let her rest.

But that was easier said than done it seemed. Her stomach was obviously not very thrilled with last night's events, and neither was her head. The last thing she needed was food, but a drink was usually a good idea, in order to help rinse the body from the inside. He excused himself for a brief moment, ordering his companion to stay there until he got back, which was more of his playful banter. When he returned, he had a pitcher of water in one hand, and a glass with a few pieces of ice in his other. He set them down on the nearby table, and filled the clay cup with water, the ice making tiny cracks as the liquid touched them. He went over and sat on the bed, his legs crossed, and poked Ora's sides, as one might do in the wild to get a turtle to come out. The idea seemed plausible at the time. He held out the glass of water, hoping she would listen to his advice, and waited. "Drink up. You don't want your body to get any worse after a night like that." He smirked, a laugh to himself running through his mind as he realized how much he was overplaying the scenario. But, to a woman like her, he supposed that it was one hell of a night, and one she'd probably avoid in the future.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 6th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Nero's hand patted the pillow that covered Ora's head lightly, she grumbled slightly as any noises seemed amplified by her current condition. Small violet eyes peered out from under the pillow and watched Nero as he spoke. "I am glad," She smiled slightly at him. "I am sorry, I didn't meant to make you uncomfortable." Ora frowned slightly, she felt bad, and uncomfortable about her sleeping-actions.

The young woman smiled at the affectionate and kind man before her, even if he told her to not apologize, she still would, it was her nature. "Ah! I-" Ora wasn't sure what to say to his joke, it was an awkward thought, touching. "I... Do not think you will have to worry about me touching..." Ora returned to hiding as Nero moved, telling the young woman to stay.

The young woman remained in the darkness of the pillow, her fingers rubbing her temples as she breathed slowly. Her ears listened to Nero moved out of the room and silence fell around it. It was a nice feeling for her brain to be surrounded in silence. The relaxing lack of noise was broken once Nero entered the room, her eyes watched him from under her shelter of a pillow. She watched and listened to the man pour her a glass of water.

The Konti sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes slowly. After her hands had finished rubbing her eyes she reached out and took the glass of water lightly. Her eyes peered into the glass, the clear water was refreshing to even look at. With a small smile at Nero and a quick thanks she drank from the clay glass. "How does one recover from feeling this way?" Ora asked with a frown.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 7th, 2010, 12:00 am

Nero smirked at her, his own flair coming back as his body finished up coming back to life. He usually took his time waking up, but things had to be attended to this morning, and so he had done it piece by piece, subtly stretching his muscles. A brisk jog down to the bar may help, and he already felt more aware at the thought. But there was something else. The nervous stuttering, slight conflict of the mind, and an entirely different mind-set. It was Ora that was bringing his charm out. It didn't take a detective to see that, but it was something that still took a bit of getting used to for Nero. He simply laid back to relax once more, and threw on his smirk, as one may put on a hat or a coat. "Well, if you ever change your mind, the offer stands." He popped to his feet, and with a brief word or two, strolled out of the room to fetch some water.

He chuckled, the water trickling into the cup. There was something innately funny about how the pair of eyes followed him from under the pillow. Like a man hiding in a bush, watching, but Everyone knows he's in there. He sat down in front of her once she sat up, and handed her the glass, cautiously offering it, making sure that it wasn't too much or too heavy. He offered to hold it for her as she drank, if she felt too, well, Terrible seems to be an apt word. He was still glad to at least see her sitting up, and his smile reflected it. He leaned over, his body momentarily hanging above hers, as he straightened out a few locks of her hair, which was still in a slight mess. He smirked as he finished, his face close enough to feel her heavy breath. Her anxiety was duller than usual, most likely preoccupied, but he could still sense it, or at the very least, expect it. He whispered, his voice carried by his own soothingly-warm breath, "Relax. I won't Bite, no matter what you may have been told about men." He chuckled as he pulled back, his body rolling horizontally and slipping back against the headboard, next to Ora, as her ailing voice came through.

He not sure exactly how to answer her question. If there had been a cure, Nero would've known about it, and from his experience the only way seemed to be just waiting out the storm. He shrugged, and with a slightly apologetic gesture, spoke. "Well... Perseverance. There aren't many ways to help it, let alone stop it, and all of them have their risks or quirks." He let out a soft sigh, and smiled to her. "We'll just have to wait it out for now. If there's something I can help with, as always, Just let me know." He shut his eyes, his expression becoming one at peace, and his mind itself began to relax.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 7th, 2010, 12:24 am

While the offer might have remained, Ora was still uncomfortable with the kind of touching he was likely leaning towards. The young woman smiled awkwardly at Nero while she spoke. “I… Will keep that in mind.” Ora stated as politely as she could. The young woman was still confused by the apparent physical contact humans had so frequently, she understood what it usually represented, but she was young, and naïve.

“Thank you, I think I have it.” Ora said with a smile, holding the cup in both hands. She slowly drank, with each sip she realized how thirsty she had been. Ora felt her cheeks redden as Nero straightened out some of her stray hairs, her heart pounded uncomfortably, she wasn’t use to people this close. “I was never told that men bite,” Ora said, looking slightly perplexed at the thought. Is cannibalism a problem among men? She asked herself, a silly question with a simple answer, ‘Of course not.’.

Ora finished the glass of water, her eyes looking down at the empty vessel. “Perseverance?” She muttered down to the cup. “Could we go to the lake again?” She asked with a soft smile at the vessel in her hands. Her head looked over her should at Nero. “I think the water would feel nice, and it is always so quiet in water.”
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 7th, 2010, 1:59 am

Nero patted Ora gently on the head, his smile matching her own. "As long as you feel up to it, I'd be happy to take you back. Anything relaxing will help the hangover." He stood, allowing himself a moment or so for some quick stretches, his body still a bit stiff from his rest. He could enjoy a nice relaxing swim himself. He still was not entirely sure of his companion's condition however, and didn't wish to stress her too much. "Are you sure you can walk the entire way however? We can always go to the Baths if you want a swim, and it's only a couple blocks down the street." He had gone on occasion, but was not entirely familiar with the place. He usually preferred his own quiet retreats dotted across the wilderness, but the pools could do their job. Nevertheless, It was her choice when all was said and done.

He picked out a chunk of bread and started nibbling at it, his subconscious instinctively offering some to his partner in a polite gesture. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked his shoulder over to Ora with a slightly apologetic gesture, his view "Thanks for putting up with me... But I have a question. How exactly do you feel about me?" His charismatic empathy managed to influence even his most neutral of expressions. The question itself had a sincere, and almost objective quality to it, despite the content. Nero chuckled afterwards, his curious question sounding like an immature romantic's. His curiosity and desire to know all the details tended to create a myriad of issues and misunderstandings, all of which Nero had learned to cope with. Regardless, he shook off the feeling and stood with a smirk, his body overdue for some smooth relaxation.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 7th, 2010, 3:27 am

“I do, feel up for it, I am sure it would help me relax and, hopefully, feel better.” Ora watched him stretch, thinking of doing the same, but the lethargy in her limbs protested to too much movement. Ora thought for a moment about the baths, they seemed less appealing, and there would be other people, both she didn’t care for, especially if she did what she usually would do in the water: dance. “No, no, I will be fine, I am sure I can make it.” This was half true, she knew she would make it, eventually. A smile graced her face as her attention moved to the glass she was still holding. In a sweeping motion, Ora moved the blankets and sheets from over her and stood up, filling her glass with some more water. “And that bathes will be full of people who will be talking and making noise, the lake, will be quiet and peaceful.” She moved and sat back down on the edge of the bed, sipping her water.

Ora’s hand froze in mid air as she reached to accept some of the bread. Her violet eyes moved slowly from the piece of bread to meet Nero’s face. “How do I feel about you?” Ora’s face twisted with confusion, her hand dropping to the bed, her eyes moving to gaze off. How do I feel? About him? A long pause lasted between her own thoughts. Her mind was blank as she looked back at Nero. “I am not sure what you mean, Nero. How do I feel when I’m around you? I feel nervous, sometimes embarrassed,” Ora smiled slightly, her eyes moving back to the glass she held. “I really do not know how to explain how I feel towards you, friendship, trust, these are true, but I have not been around many other people to fully understand relationships of any sorts,” A frown crossed her face as she continued to think. “That is not the answer you’re looking for, but I suppose I can not answer you that right now.” Ora drank her water, finishing the glass, her eyes had moved back to the glass, her hair creating a white wall between the two of them. “And you? How do you feel about me?” Ora asked the glass quietly, her fingers rolling over the rough texture of the vessel.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 8th, 2010, 4:52 am

Nero smirked as a small chuckle escaped his lips. He had expected such indecision, and was still curious as to why he even asked the question. But the more he lingered on it, the more his curiosity built. His mind was desperate to control his surroundings, or at the very least, his own actions. By this, it was necessary to know as much as possible about, well, Everything. This was the logical stem of Nero's subtle curiosity, which was nowhere near as frontal as Ora's. However it went deeper, and beyond the intellectual layer of his mind, his soul ached for an answer as well. An answer to show that he was accepted, that he was enjoyed.

That someone cared for him.

Nero's smirk morphed into an almost devilish grin, his mental eureka going so far as to affect his physical self. After all was said and done, he was still that small child yearning for love. It was a bit sad, and he realized it. But he would not allow himself to dwell on this fact, which had escaped Nero's maturity. The past was done, and if one looked back for too long, one's bound to trip on the road ahead. Just as quickly as it had arrived, his grin reverted to it's casual, and slightly playful smirk. His chuckles ran out like little drops of rain, a subtle noise in the background of his voice. "Please, forgive me. It was a stupid thing of me to ask. I can't expect you to feel in the same way that a Human may." But perhaps I was hoping... He shook his head a bit, sighing as her face retreated to her cup once more. "I keep putting you on the spot like this... I'm a bit beyond myself it seems." He smirked as he looked down at his hands, propped on his knees, and falling gracefully between his legs. It wasn't until her own question, which Nero should've expected, that his mind returned it's focus on the reality he resided in.

Once again, the question should've been an easy one to answer, yet for some reason, Nero found himself leaping for the words, his mind unable to grasp a coherent response. He blanked his mind and started over, a small smile taking over his face as he focused on his answer. It was often all he could do to organize his various emotions, running rampant through his mind. It was often overlooked that beyond the charismatic sheen and personable body, Nero was not exactly normal when it came to the mind. Insane would most likely apply in this situation. Yet, it was this unique insanity that helped him reason through any dilemma, to pick out the smallest and most necessary of details, and to search his various emotions to find out how he truly felt. It was as if there was Nero, and then there was his Council, a group of little suited spirits, sitting around a large table as they conferred at the speed of light over the issues at hand. Insanity was a good term, Let's stick with that.

"Well Ora, I enjoy your company, your smile, your laugh,and even your cute blushes. I have the strangest compulsion to protect you, whatever the cause or damage. And, to top it all off, I find myself oddly reserved about my inner self with you, and I can't explain why... If I had to place it, I'd have to go with Love." Nero laughed, realizing just how often he had used that word, in multiple contexts. "But, I seem to throw that word out lightly, so I'm not sure how serious to take me. Regardless, That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it." As he finished, his confidence radiating, and his smirk set in stone across his face, he turned to gaze into Ora's eyes, the brilliant violet a sight in which he could enjoy for the rest of his days without dulling. Nero mentally chuckled as his mind replayed his words. He wouldn't be surprised if he drove Ora insane within the week.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Next