Completed [Open] Mayhem and Folly

A Charoda arrives in the midst of the chaos borne from the Denvali Coup d'état.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on October 21st, 2013, 11:32 pm

Yuri noticed that the taller woman had taken a stance beside him with what appeared to be a short sword with a curved blade, before returning his attention to the bandits, one of whom was cursing at his sudden appearance, who were charging at him, sighing, Yuri noted that they were going high and low, making blocking or countering impossible, so Yuri opted for his third option, escape. Jumping back to avoid the low blow and raising his sword to block the high one, Yuri regained his stance, now a short distance away from both bandits, with a look of steely determination on his face.

Yuri thought to himself about what he was going to do next If I can get one of these guys to attack recklessly then I might be able to disarm or stun him, so I might as well try to annoy one of them into attacking me. after thinking this Yuri prepares himself and calls out to the nearest bandit with provocation almost dripping from his voice, inviting him to attack by lowering his guard a little "Honestly, do you have to rely on such cheap tactics as high and low at once? You should at least make a conscious effort to attack me or it may cost you more than your dignity." After calling out, Yuri prepares to counter any attack which may result from his calling and invitation, but hopefully without the Thug knowing it.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Iff on October 22nd, 2013, 3:46 am

Iff had a strong tendency to overconfidence, and felt that her sword gave her a strong edge. The long half gave her a definite reach advantage while still allowing her to choke up for inside fighting, and the spear point on the butt could also be useful against multiple opponents, allowing both ends of the weapon be be dangerous. And yet, when the two men came her instinct was to attach with her body rather than her weapon.

As the men moved in for a coordinated attack Iff leapt straight up in the air and performed a jumping sidekick, aiming for the high knifer's armpit, as the man held his knife in a thrusting style and thus angled upwards. With luck she could get the man to stagger backwards, allowing her a chance to land on the low knifer and spear him with the butt of her sword.
Iff
Player

Words: 14848
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:08 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Phyolea on October 22nd, 2013, 11:33 am

The bandit who had thrusted toward the swordsman's neck had his thrust interrupted. His dagger glanced off steel. He was forced to step aside. The bandit who had gone low to hit the swordsman's legs had narrowly missed. Even the momentum in which he had thrusted forward was not sufficient for him to sink the dagger's blade into his target. Continuing forward, he now swiped the blade upward toward the swordsman's midriff to gut him. He was going to take advantage of his close proximity while he had the chance.

The bandit who had gone low was the closest to the man wielding the broadsword at this point. However, it was the other who answered the swordsman's provocation. "You interrupted a private matter, mate. Your tall friend over there tried to ambush me and rob me of everything I got. She used her little fish friend there as bait." He crouched low and thrust at the swordsman's left side with his right hand. "She's gotta pay."

The two who dealt with Iff were taken aback by her kick. They simply did not expect it. Iff's kick caused the bandit's arm to flail upward and hit nothing. He almost dropped his dagger. Almost. He was no longer traveling forward from the thrust. He shuffled his feet to keep himself from losing his balance.

The bandit who had gone low, however, had not stopped his attack. He redirected his thrust to slice Iff's outstretched leg. The injured bandit had called in his most capable friends to deal with the "bully".

Phyolea had successfully knocked the bandit down, but had no idea how to disarm him. She pushed her webbed hand down on his head. He slashed wildly and cut her arm. Phyolea howled in pain and continued to grapple with him.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on October 23rd, 2013, 10:29 pm

The attack Yuri had anticipated was coming, if not from the source expected. After calling out, the man who was the High Attacker called back saying "You interrupted a private matter, mate. Your tall friend over there tried to ambush me and rob me of everything I got. She used her little fish friend there as bait." Because he was uncertain as to whether this was true or not Yuri took a brief glance of the scene unfolding around them and decided that the man in front of him was lying, because even if the women did try to rob him, why would he need to take revenge with four friends?

Returning his gaze back to the fight at hand, Yuri took care to attempt to quickly sidestep the next attack by the Low Attacker, who was still trying to attack Yuri, so that if he was successful, he could then shoot our his right hand to grab the man's wrist and pull him off balance, possibly disarming the man, while also making it easier to pommel him with his sword, which would daze or incapacitate the man, making him a lesser threat, if not remove him from the fight completely.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Iff on October 24th, 2013, 3:41 am

Growling in anger over the leg wound, Iff came down, sword in hand. She thrust savagely down at the low-stretched knife man, seeking to impale him with the spear point on the butt of her sword. If he retreated she would convert the downward thrust to a chop by bringing the sword end of the weapon down and out, powering the blow with her top hand.

Iff had a vague sense that the other bandit was talking about her, but spared no attention to words. Her Myrian blood lust was overtaking her now, spurred by the wound, and she sought to do severe damage to her opponents.
Iff
Player

Character sheet

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Phyolea on October 25th, 2013, 8:35 am

The bandit who had attacked the swordsman's midriff found himself disarmed after the swordsman had sidestepped his attack. This caused the other bandit to take a defensive stance. The swordsman now had access to at least two blades. There was no telling what he would do with them. The low attacker scrambled over to the bandit who had been calling the shots and took up a defensive stance with his fists up. They were careful to stand away from the range of the broadsword.

The bandit who had cut Iff's leg tried to roll away from the sword's hilt, but there was not enough time. The point pierced his shoulder. The bandit screamed and writhed in agony. The other bandit stepped back. If the girl was going to use the sword, his dagger would only be effective if he was already close enough to gut her. He looked down at his writhing friend and considered his options. This wasn't even his fight. He had no intention of losing blood or limb. He also needed to devise a way to save his friend. He crouched low and prepared to defend himself and his friend against the girl.

Phyolea still managed to keep her attacker's face covered. Her other arm had pinned the bandit's dagger arm. However, she was having a difficult time disarming him. The bandit kept punching her with his free arm. She was sitting on his center of gravity, so his movement was restricted. Phyolea's mind was racing. She had to do something about this fight before her worst fears came to pass.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Yuri Lehrer on October 28th, 2013, 4:15 am

Sidestepping the bandit's poor attempt at a thrust easily, Yuri quickly turned to face him, shot out his hand and grabbed the man's wrist whilst bringing down his pommel on the man's forearm instead of his head, causing the man to drop his dagger more easily than if he had proceeded with the pommel to the back of his head as he had originally planned.

After being disarmed the man quickly scrambled over to the guy who appeared to be calling the shots, taking a defencive stance one he had arrived, both fists up. At the same time, the High Attacker took a defencive stance, wary to keep out of the range of Yuri's broadsword. Yuri contemplated his next move, of whether to attack the other bandit facing him or whether to attack the man calling the shots, while retaking his stance and picking up the dagger and weighing it.

If I go for the leader then I will be leaving myself open to an attack from the High Attacker, but, there is also a chance that with their leader disabled the others will retreat meaning that we will win, on the flipside of that though, if I go to attack the High attacker and disarm him then their overall strength is diminished and I leave myself open to no counters. But I could launch a two-pronged attack using this dagger to distract one while I attack the other.

While thinking this Yuri adjusted his hold on the dagger so that he was holding it by the tip, and turned to face the leader of the bandits with a serious look on his face and called out to the leader with an lighthearted yet deadly serious tone in his voice "I suggest that you call off of your friends before all of you, well, die." with that Yuri readied the dagger to be thrown at the High Attacker, and adjusted his stance to charge at the leader.

I'll only have one shot at this so I better not screw this up. Not even bothering to wait for the brigands' reply, Yuri quickly aimed the dagger at the High Attacker's dagger arm and threw it with all of his strength before putting the hand which threw the dagger on the hilt of the broadsword and charged towards the leader, intending to take him out of the fight, and lower the morale of his remaining lackeys.

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Iff on October 29th, 2013, 5:11 am

Though the two had just met, Iff felt some sort of instinctive motherly protective feelings for Phyolea, somewhat based on her offer to see the Charoda safely across the city. She had injured one man, and the other seemed to fall back on defense, and so she took the opportunity to step away, leaving one to writhe and the other on the defensive.

With a great sweeping blow Iff sought to cut as much off the leg of the man on whom Phyolea sat as was safe given her friend sitting on top of him. Losing a foot of so ought to take some fight out of him, or so she guessed. She made the blow sudden and violent, hoping to get it done with one blow and then return to the men who sought her blood.
Iff
Player

Character sheet

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Phyolea on November 1st, 2013, 12:37 am

The bandit who had brought his friends was taken aback by the dagger that was thrown at him. The dagger spun away from its intended target and spun downward. Sparks danced off the cobblestone street as the dagger forcefully hit the ground. The dagger had not hit its intended target, but it provided enough of a diversion for the swordsman to unsheath his sword.

The swordsman quickly closed in on the leader. The unarmed bandit stepped in and threw a kick at the swordsman's legs. If he could slow down the swordsman, they could have a chance. The leader defended himself by throwing a punch toward the incoming swordsman's face, using his dagger as a guard. They watched the sword carefully, knowing that if they were caught in its path the fight would take a unfortunate turn.

The uninjured bandit soon realized his folly in taking a defensive stance against the Myrian. The Charoda was still grappling with her bandit. She had managed to keep his face covered. Neither one had noticed the Myrian approach with her sword. Neither one of them noticed when the sword severed the grappling bandit's foot from his body. But the bandit saw her. He realized too late what she would do.

Phyolea was the first of the two to notice. She looked back at the fresh blood spurting from the stump. It took a while for her mind to register what it was that she saw. Likewise, the bandit had dropped his dagger. His mind did not register the pain, but instinctively he knew something had gone horribly, horribly wrong. Phyolea jumped off the bandit in panic. The bandit was finally free to observe the bloody stump at the end of his leg. Pain coursed throughout his body.

With two of the bandits severely injured, the one eying the Myrian made up his mind. He would rescue his friends and flee. Still on the defensive, he moved in closer to the friend who just lost his leg. His dagger still in hand, he and the one with the punctured shoulder moved in to help him up. The one with the bleeding shoulder used his left hand to hold up his dagger. They would try to escape.

The unarmed bandit saw the commotion. His mind raced. The leader had not noticed. He was too busy with the swordsman. The unarmed bandit looked for a chance to retrieve his dagger.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Open] Mayhem and Folly

Postby Iff on November 5th, 2013, 4:18 am

OOC: Sorry for going out of turn, but it's been awhile so I thought I'd go for it.

The blood rage that flowed through Iff's veins was tempered somewhat by the pain of her own leg wound. Still, she felt a spasm of exhalation as her sword sliced through meat and bone. The Charoda leapt from the man rather than finishing him off, but she was not entirely surprised by this; the sea-woman had professed no inclination to being an warrior.

Iff stood near the bleeding man, in a stance that kept much of the weight off her cut leg, sword hilt gripped with two hands. Her instinct was to kill them all. They did, afterall, attack her, they should be given no second chance. On the other hand there was little honor in slaying fleeing men.

So instead, she went slid sideways to take a position between Phyolea and the retreating men, sword held at the ready.
Iff
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext