Completed [The Bronze Woods]Bad tempered and Blue (Radiant)

An irritable Artek seeks entertainment in the woods and gets more than he bargained for.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods]Bad tempered and Blue (Radiant)

Postby Milartek on October 25th, 2013, 3:28 pm

24nd Fall 513

It was raining. Of course it was petching raining it had been for what seemed eternity. The thunder hadn't arrived yet but it would surly come as it had been. Artek had not ventured outside for 3 days due to the rainfall.

Well Artek had wanted to but Milartek had kept tight control insisting that the time should be spend in his room working out and exercising the mind.

Petch that!

Last night the wind was especially strong, and the rain especially heavy, culminating in very little sleep. The lack of sleep and the fact that, despite what he was telling himself both Mialrtek and Artek were going stir crazy, had resulted in Artek waking early and storming out of travelers row.

Into the rain. Great.

The rain made a really irritating noise on the chain shirt he wore and the spear lashed to his back was rubbing against the back of his head. He was indeed a very grumpy Akalak this morning.

No one was at the fighters pit, which had started to remind him more of a mud pit than a training area. What was wrong with these people?? A little rain and they hid indoors only coming out for essentials? And Milartek was starting to act just like them!

Well not today today was his day and he was going to find something entertaining to do in this petched place. He stormed through the main gates, ignoring the greetings from the 2 knights at the main gate, and headed towards the Bronze woods. They, at least, had proved entertaining last time he had gone.

Well, last time Milartek had gone. He had only been able come out towards the end of the encounter. Still that had been interested enough. He heard Milartek stirring somewhere, feelings of danger and apprehension remembering the dangers and warnings the hunter had given them.

Go away! You don't know what our body is capable of. I do. You don't use it right, i can, now I am going into the woods today. Alone. If you don't like it then that's just tough! I am no fool, I will not be going far enough in to get lost, but I refuse to stay stuck indoors all day!

And with that he breached the boundaries of the wood and stepped under their dark canopy.

At least he was sheltered from the rain slightly.

oocI mention a previous trip into the woods briefly, that is a thread I am just working on with another pc, writing the first post after this!. Hope it is ok to mention this? If it isn't let me know i'll change it!
Last edited by Milartek on October 25th, 2013, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Words: 47454
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 25th, 2013, 3:51 pm

The two knights at the gate just shook their head at the sight of the charging blue man. Those Akalaks, sometimes they were calm and composed, sometimes all moody and raging. The rumors about every single one of them having being stuck with two souls seemed to be true. The Knights just shrugged and let the Akalak went on his way, it was raining and if he wanted to have a joyride in the Woods then it was his choice.

As Artek ventured into the Woods, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary at first. Just the normal sight of a temperate forest being battered with Makutsi's blessing or curse depending on one's perspective... well, two in case of Milartek.

However, something caught the Akalak's eye, at some distance in front of him was two women. One had very light blonde hair and white clothes, with scales adorning her features, the Akalak should be able to tell the woman was a Konti like those back in Riverfall and Mura.

The other woman was completely naked, not a cloth on her body, yet she acted calm and normal. Her snow white hair and deep reddish brown eyes complimented her features. They were both talking about something, their expressions serious.

"I must save him, Ama!" The Konti spoke, identifying the other woman's name as 'Ama' "He can't survive in this kind of weather!"

"I know, Sil... but, will you really be safe? It hurt my heart to say this, but he might be dea-"

"No! Don't say that, Ama. I think Priskil wouldn't want you to lose hope." Sil, the Konti, cut Ama off, gently.

"Yes, but..."

So deep in their conversation, they didn't notice the approaching Akalak.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Milartek on October 25th, 2013, 4:58 pm

The woods had that earthy smell of damp soil and wet foliage. It was a smell that for some reason seemed to please the young Akalak. What didn't please him was the wet ferns and greenery he was traipsing through The foliage got thicker the further he went in, and his course trousers were soon damp and clung to his skin.

He muttered a curse and kicked out at a particularly large specimen of fern, that was in his way, ripping it from the ground. Having shown the fern who was boss he continued his way weaving through the trees.

Thankfully the trees did provide some cover from the rain, but a smattering still fell from the dense canopy in thick beaded droplets. Better than nothing he supposed. They trees also helped to obscure the what little light Syna was provideing, and so it was darker in the forest than out.

Dark and damp, how had he thought this was a good idea? His clothes were already damp and before long he would be soaked through to the core. Maybe he should turn back?

He shook his head violently causing droplets of water to explode out of his hair.
Shut it Milartek! Keep your feelings to yourself and leave me to explore! I am not afraid of a little water and I have been through worse things than a little bit of cold.

He carried on, navigating round a particularly large tree, muttering under his breath. His eyes were on the floor, as rabbits had decided that the ground needed more holes in it which required careful navigation. But when he did glance up quickly, to make sure he wasn't going headlong into a tree, he froze.

In-front of him stood two figures. One was unmistakably a Konti dressed all in white, with long blonde hair, scales adorning her skin. She appeared to glow in the dark surroundings, the white providing a stark contrast to her bleak background.

The other woman brought both a slight color to his cheeks and brought childish grin to his face. She was as nude as the day she was born, her sleek white hair cascading down her naked back.

See, I told you it was a good idea to come out!

She must be freezing

Oh yea of course, shes stood naked as a new born babe and the only thing you think about is her temperature! I do wonder how the petch we have both ended up in the same body!

There internal conversation as stopped because Artek could just about make out what they were saying. The Konti wanted to save someone? The naked lady, Ama was worried.

His ears strained to hear. He had to get closer. Still distracted by the scene in front of him, he had forgotten why he was being cautious and the first step brought his right foot into a rabbit hole. He fell sprawling to the ground making enough noise to wake the dead. He cursed under is breath and heaved himself up off the wet ground, brushed himself off and started walking towards the pair, gritting his teeth when the second inhabitant of his body uttered the word:

'Smooth'

Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 25th, 2013, 5:53 pm

The obvious messy fall of Artek brought the two women's attention to him, Ama immediately shielded Sil in case whatever man approached them meant harm. The sight of blue skin immediately brought Sil'ria at ease though, one of the Akalaks, always a good thing to see one. "An Akalak, Ama. He doesn't look bad, let me handle this, okay?" Sil put a hand to Ama's shoulder and the Kelvic nodded, her stance at ease.

With Ama watching in the background, Sil approached Artek closer, a very gentle expression on her face. "Good to see you, brothers. May I know each of your name?" Hailing from Mura, spending years in Riverfall, Sil was all too familiar with the dual nature of Akalaks. "Are you hurt? Did you strain a muscle when you fell?" As a priest of Rak'keli, she was compelled to heal every wounded being there was, even if they were intent on hurting her before, such was the extremely pacifist way of a healer. Sil extended both of her hands and touched Artek's chest, using her gift to sense any fracture in his bones; fortunately, she couldn't find one.

Sil then prod his muscles to search for any bruise, healing them with her touch as she went. With three gnosis marks, healing such minor wounds was but child's play to her. "There, I think you would be alright now, be more careful next time okay?" She smiled, a gentle smile like a mother to her son.

Ama decided to join in, if they wanted to act, there would be no time to waste "Sil, Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt, but if we want to save him, we should go now." Sil was a wonderful person, but she could be rather air-headed sometimes.

"Oh my, yes! We should, I think with him here, we can actually go, yes? You will help us, right?" Sil faced the Akalak back, forgetting to explain the whole situation for a tick before putting her right hand to cover her mouth "Oh my! I forgot to explain, my apologies. Actually, Ama here saw a hunter being trapped by a boulder somewhere in the forest, she was not strong enough to lift it and she was just on the way back to Syliras to call for help then she met me~ As for what I was doing, I'm collecting herbs you see? For my medicine!"

"In the rain, Sil?" Ama sighed, a small smile on her face, but they needed to hurry.

"What about the rain? Rain is wonderful~"

"Anyways, let's get going then. With him here, we might just have a chance in moving that rock, but again, we have to go now." Without further words, Ama dropped to all fours and her body shone, transforming into her dire white wolf form. The wolf was much, much, bigger than normal wolves, almost as big as a horse. Ama growled, signalling both Sil and Artek to mount her.

"Well! Let's get going then?" The Konti happily skipped to the giant white wolf and stood beside her, silently gesturing for Artek to act like a gentleman and help her up. Should Artek decided to come with them, Ama would immediately dash deeper into the Woods.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 25th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Feeling embarrassed Artek watched as both women spun to face him. Ama, the naked one, shielded the Konti woman. His eyes roamed across Ama's form unashamed. Well if she didn't want to be looked at should would cover up, surely? Still it struck him as a little strange, not that he was complaining, but it was strange.

It hadn't struck Artek that the pair posed much of a threat, so it was good that their intentions were pure. The konti woman, having recognized him as an Akalak immediately relaxed and started to approach, forcing Artek to focus on her.

She smile warmly, asking for both his names. She was clearly used to his culture and privy to their secrets. Artek didn't know whether to be pleased or offended by that, but Konti woman were held in the highest esteem within Riverfall so if he was thinking right it shouldn't be a surprise.

"My name is Artek. The other Milartek, not that he will be speaking to you today. No I landed well, as you would expect from a trained warrior such as myself" His body may not have been hurt but his pride was. Still there was time to make up for that, and he pushed his shoulder back pushing his chest out reminding Mialrtek of a mating bird showing his plumage.

A thought that Artek ignored.

Before he could ask the Konti woman any other questions her hands were on him searching for any bruises or injuries. He had visited healers a couple of times before, but she seemed different. Experienced. He didn't say a word as she examined his muscles, each touch leaving them feeling refreshed and the aches he felt were some how gone.

He had no idea how she did it, but was grateful none the less. However he wasn't grateful for the way she spoke to him about being more careful next time. It was the tone of a mother. He had no mother and the reminder immediately switched his gratefulness into annoyance. He was about to lash back a sarky remark when they were interrupted by Ama.

Save him? Save who. Artek watched the exchange between the two, growing more curious with each tic. The two were in full flow of conversation, and even when Sil addressed him she didn't give him a chance to reply before explaining the situation. Before he could say anything Ama took a step back, crouched on all fours and started to shimmer and blur until standing there in front of them was the biggest wolf he had ever seen.

I could have told you she was a Kelvic

Shut it. And before you say anything I am going

He hadn't been sure whether to go or not, if he was being honest, but the feeling of apprehension and worry that were emanating from Milartek made up his mind. And besides, he wanted an adventure anyway.

Despite hiding his emotions, he was wary of the huge wolf. He got the feeling if it decided to it could easily tear him and the Konti apart.

And it expected him to ride it!?

From the way Sil acted this was a usual occurrence, but Artek could barely ride a horse. The last thing he wanted to do was make himself look like an arse in front of these women.

Sil looked at him expectantly, clearly oblivious to the fact he hadn't actually agreed to anything yet. It struck him that she was a bit, well unique would be the kind word but the word Artek used was, odd.

He let of a nervous laugh and shook his head. Mind made up he walked to sill, cupped his hands and helped her up onto the back of the huge wolf. His heart was racing and worry was tugging at the corners of his mind, but he wasn't going to let that show and scrambled up onto the back of the wolf.

He sat in front of Sil, took two great handfuls of fur, took a deep breath, and then they were off, shooting into the woods at a speed he felt surely would end in a crash.

Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 26th, 2013, 4:44 pm

The dire wolf grunted as she felt the weight of two passengers on her back. It was a good thing Sil'ria was light, it compensated the Akalak's heavier build to an extent. She kept silent throughout the journey, not like she could communicate in her wolf form anyway.

Sil'ria, on the other hand, was quite talkative. "So, did you come from Riverfall, Artek? Hehe~ What's your business in Syliras, training? It's not often I see an Akalak in Syliras, well there are some Akalak knights and mercenaries, but not much." She smiled, she loved the company, Ama could be so boring sometimes, being all silent in her wolf worm.

After about fifteen chimes of riding, they arrived of what seemed to be a small crater on the ground, with the figure of an average-build human man with brown hair and black eyes grunting in pain in the middle of the crater, his legs pinned by a medium-sized boulder. The sight was odd, the crater didn't look naturally made.

Ama lay prone, allowing both Arterk and Sil to disembark. "Oh my!" The Konti immediately went to the crater, carefully making her way down to the barely conscious man "What happened here?!" She directed her question at Ama though her eyes were focused on the man.

Light glows and Ama shifted to her human form, she rubbed her hair. "I don't know for sure, but... it might be a reimancy training went awry..." Offensive Reimancy was not exactly welcome in the Citadel so aspiring mages would often practice in the Woods. It just so happened this earth reimancer got over his head.

Sil reached the man touched him, her body trembled as numerous sensations washed over her "T-this man! His bones are broken, lot's of them..." It was a wonder he could still be alive. "Q-quick! Get this boulder off him!" Sil did the best she could for now, but she couldn't heal him properly unless the accursed stone was lifted.

Ama looked to Artek and gestured to the rock "I'm not strong enough to lift it, let's do it together, Sir." She smiled and made her way down to the crater. She went to one side of the boulder and put her hands on it "Ready when you are!".
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 27th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Riding the dire wolf was like nothing Artek had ever done before. It was almost like riding a horse, but just amplified a gazillion times. The discomfort was definitely there, every time the huge wolf bonded forwards he would jolt up then down. Up then down. And then there was the fear of falling off, which was less on a horse because he didn't ride it very fast. But the wolf seemed to take no heed of his misgivings and was bounding at top speed, leaving Artek to cling on.

What made this experience worse was just how cheery Sil was. She spoke at one hundred miles an hour, question after question. That combined with Arteks discomfort made him want to throw her off.

He didn't of course, but he was tempted.

There was something to be gained from these two people, so Artek played nice answering all the questions Sil asked.

[color=light blue]"Yes I made the long trip from my birthplace and home, Riverfall. AS too why I came I have been wondering that myself, but unfortunately the decision was taken out of my hands.

Yes, I am spending my time bettering myself, a very hard task I might add. The fighters pit has been my hunting ground, along with my job at the spinning coin, I have been kept busy.

No I have not seen one of my kind, a pity as I am longing to test myself against a brother once again."[/color]

He could feel Milartek clawing at the back of his mind. He wanted to question the Konti woman, talk to her. Befriend her. But it wasn't really her Arlek was interested in. Sure her healing abilities were no doubt useful, if you were incompetent enough to get yourself hurt, and no doubt the woman would be obliged to help regardless of her feelings towards him.

No. It was the Kelvic he was more interested in.

As much as he did not enjoy the riding, he could not deny the power this creature had. He could feel her muscles shifting underneath him as she rode. She would be the better choice of companion. It was her that he would try to win over, not in a romantic way no. The fact she shifted between forms gave him the creeps a little. No he wanted her for power. Imagine the team they could make, Akalak warrior and giant wolf.

He was brought out of his thoughts as the the wolf started to slow and finally came to a halt at, what was undoubtedly the weirdest sight he had ever seen.

A man lay prone in the middle of an unnatural looking crater, a medium sized rock pinning his legs to the floor. No one said anything until the wolf lowered herself to the ground and Artek and Sil dismounted, a little wobbly after their wild ride.

The healer immediately made her way down to the man, leaving Artek to watch with the wolf. Sil addressed a question to Ama, her transformation from wolf to human jogging his memory and reminding him of her name, who thought for a tic and replied with knowledge that disturbed Artek

Magic.

Why did people use magic? People were squishy, stick a sword through them they die all the same, and it was much safer. Sure magic sometimes had its benefits, healing being the only one he could think of at that moment in time, and he wasn't even sure if that was magic.

The news bade hum subconsciously reach for his laken, the pommel feeling reassuring as he ran his hand over it.

Oh good, the mage was still alive. And they both wanted him to help him. Suddenly he was less enthusiastic. However the wolf woman, Ama, obviously new how to twist him, playing to his ego saying she was not strong enough on her own.

Of course he could lift that boulder, he could probably lift that boulder all by himself! He puffed his chest out and gave a little swagger into the crater and down, over to the boulder, which seemed to get larger as he approached.

But it would be no problem for him, a fine specimen of an Akalak.

That's awfully pick, and looks very heavy Artek, careful or you will strain our body. Do this calmly and with technique please! Its not going to be easy!

Oh be quiet, I told you already that i know our body better than you.

He bent down to the boulder, putting his hands on it and nodding to Ama to show he was ready.

Watch this!

Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 27th, 2013, 6:07 pm

"Alright, on three, one two... thre- HNGGGGH!!!" Ama's count couldn't be finished as she felt every muscle in her body strained under extreme pressure. The boulder looked large and obviously heavy, even with the Akalak helping her, she wasn't sure they both could budge it.

"Ha... ha... HNGGGH!!" Sil was here, Ama wasn't afraid to completely exhause her energy or damage her muscles, the Konti could heal her. The strain battering both the dire Kelvic and the Akalak was making their hands trembled. However, they could feel the large accursed stone was moving, inch by inch. This motivated Ama to work faster.

"I see it moving! Go go, guys! Hehe~!" Sil was cheering the two movers, her voice trying to hide her worry. The man was groaning and wincing in pain, barely aware of what was going on. "Sssh, ssh, you're going to be fine..." The Konti tried the best she could to ease his pain by curing minor wounds and fractures first, he got severely broken ribs and legs, if they didn't arrive, he would definintely meet Dira soon.

"Come on! Come on! AAAGH!" With a final push from both Ama and Artek, the boulder finally moved its heavy butt from the man, landing on the ground with a heavy thud. "Yay! You did it!" Sil congratulated both of them and began working, being quiet and serious for once as she did what she does best.

"Phew... whew..." Ama sat down on the ground, her naked body glistening with sweat as she took a sitting posture that seemed to disregard she had a healthy male in her presence. The Kelvic finally lay down on the ground, staring at the leaves above, enjoying the cool feeling from the falling rainwater.

She faced the Akalak and smiled "Good job, I knew we can do it..." As a favored of Priskill, she believed with hope, any obstacles could be conquered. The important thing was one should never lose hope. The naked Kelvic noticed the oh-so-usual male gaze the Akalak gave her and... smirked. She was not unaware of a male's desire. "You like what you see, Artek?" Her smirk grew into a toothy mischievous grin, showing her slightly elongated canine teeth.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 27th, 2013, 6:42 pm

The count finished with both Akalak and Kelvic grunting with exertion. The cockiness he was feeling slowly drained the more his muscles strained. His fingers struggled to find purchase on the rock and his arms screamed as he heaved, pushing up from his legs, up through his body shoulders beginning to protest the great weight.

He was straining and concentrating so much that even Milartek couldn't communicate his smugness. He put everything into lifting the boulder, his body desperately trying to live up to his ego. But it was hard.

Wait, there. It was moving. Sil's cry of encouragement spurred him on. And the fact that Ama's side was begging to lift sightly higher than his. That wouldn't do. In a gargantuan effort of straining muscles and screaming limbs the finally managed to lift the petching rock off the man.

Artek let out a huge breath and gasped for air, bending over double, hands on legs. One part of his mind was screaming at him to not loose face and act like it was nothing. And then there was the other part telling him he was going to die.

Then there was Milartek.

I told you so, lets just hope your ego hasn't cost us more than a few aching muscles.

Artek was distracted from the potent retort that was brewing in his mind by the sweating, naked form of the wolf girl. Sat in a very unladylike like fashion.

He couldn't help but let his eyes roam all over her form, taking in the curves and angles of her fatigued form. She was toned and fairly muscular for a woman, and had a certain wolfish appearance. Well Duh, she was a giant wolf. Well kind of.

Even when she spoke, congratulating him on his help, he couldn't help but glance back and forth from her face to other more base parts.Something taht din't go unnoticed and he was rewarded with a wolfish smirk and a
'You like what you see, Artek?"

Unabashedly he smiled back, and gave her body an obvious look over. Maybe there as more to his feelings towards her than power. No nothing mushy like love, but more. Lust. Yes she was the perfect package, raw power in a form that was appealing to the eye.

She got better every minute.

Stop thinking that! This is potentially a dangerous situation we have found yourself in. And besides the Konti is the obvious choice of companion. She is graceful and elegant and not so... anamalistic.

If every Akalak thought like you our race would die out within years!

Prude

[color=white]This internal discussion lasted no more than a tic and his smile widened as he responded to the words of the wolf girl.

"I might have, I can't be sure my eye sights not great and you are so far away".

You disgust me

Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 27th, 2013, 7:51 pm

The Konti was so deep in her concentration, she didn't seem to recognize the flirting Kelvic and Akalak. Even if she noticed, Sil wouldn't mind, as long as they both consented to whatever they were planning. Kelvics were notoriously inhibited, they were like nature herself.

Ama brushed a strand of her white hair, she liked this Akalak, he had the guts to be honest with his feelings yet courtesy to not attack her naked form. If he tried anything funny without her consent though, Ama would blast him with Priskil's light, the light would be a judge whether he was truly wicked or not.

"Ohoho~ A bad eyesight is bad for a warrior you know... I wonder if I should let Sil cure it for you." Ama glanced at the Konti, who was closing her eyes, and rubbing around the man's body. "But she seems busy right so..." She shifted to crawling position and approached the Akalak like a wild predator stalking her prey. "I just have to get closer, don't I?" She sat down on the ground near him, gesturing him to sit beside her.

"So, tell me more about yourself, your race always fascinates me. Uh..." Ama rubbed her neck, she needed Sil's help later unless she wanted to be sore for the next couple of days. The Konti was still unavailable at the moment so she decided to socialize with Artek instead, with the "socialize" term bearing a very loose meaning. "What can you do? I heard that Akalak men can toss ten human men like ragdolls. If it's true, I wonder... can you toss my wolf form? Hmm?" Ama was exaggerating of course, but she would see if the Akalak liked this kind of 'game'.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next