PM to join [Kova's Wishing Well] Breathing In The Rain (Nilika)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Kova's Wishing Well] Breathing In The Rain (Nilika)

Postby Eada Vine on October 29th, 2013, 4:40 pm

16th of Fall, 513 AV

Eada shivered, avoiding stepping through a puddle in the middle of the street. Her reflection in the water was broken with pinpricks of rain. There was a storm building and it gave her a headache. She hoped it would come already and relieve the tension in her mind. She had only come out this morning because it was too stuffy in that small apartment and too dark. She needed some air, which was certainly what she got.

She didn't much mind the rain, not when it was only slight. She loved watching the reflections of the clouds in the puddles - they reminded her of her home. Ravok was brimming with water and she missed the calmness of it. She missed a lot about her home, most of all her parents, but Syliras was best for her now. She couldn't stay there and let the memories drown her.

She kicked the water in the puddle and scoffed. Drown. There was so much water trickling through her mind.

She stopped by a well and looked at the flowers, splattered with rain. She moved closer and saw the mizas glittering beneath the surface, the water rippling with the breeze and rain. It was a wishing well. She smiled, thinking of all the wishes and dreams thrown into it's depths. She wondered how many had come true.

But she had nothing to wish for. No wish could bring back her parents or take her home because she knew going back to Ravok wouldn't help at all and her parents were gone. She leaned against the stones, facing the water and watched the coppers glint.
Eada Vine
Player

Words: 43299
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2013, 10:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on October 31st, 2013, 5:14 am

Nilika woke up to a rainy morning. Well that ruined her plans of going out with Henry. She rolled out of bed and onto the ice cold floor. A shiver went up her back. She tousled her messy hair and got up. The young girl just wanted to stay inside and sleep, but she had to go to work.The Konti walked to her chest and pulled out a black shirt. Letting her muscles relax she went out to work.

The rain pounded against her pale skin. White hair turned to grey from the wetness. The world was covered in beautiful raindrops from her point of view. She smiled has the rain hit her face. She missed the feel of water.

As she walked, her memories started back to her homeland, Mura. Nilika remember swimming and playing in the sand. Her memories were cut short when she walked into somebody.

OOCSorry it's so LATE!!

Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on October 31st, 2013, 6:37 pm

OOCDon't worry about it! Also, sorry to be so dramatic with the falling over, but I figured something had to happen!

Someone knocked into Eada's shoulder and she slipped, her shoes struggling to find a grip in the muddy puddle she hadn't noticed she was stood on. It squelched under her shoes and she spun, reaching out for something to grab. She brushed the girl's hand as she fell and landed in the water.

Eada gasped. The cold wet soaked through her trousers and cloak and the mud clung to the material on her legs. She didn't even have a spare pair of clothes. At first she didn't move, just stared at the grit on her palms. "I'm sorry," Eada said and looked up at the girl who had knocked into her. Why am I apologising? She wondered, but she felt guilty, like she may have somehow hurt the poor girl.

Eada climbed to her feet and pursed her lips at the dirty water dripping from her clothes. It was itchy against her legs and she clamped her teeth and pretended she didn't mind. She sighed and turned to the girl. She was small and looked very young, maybe only mid-teens. She had scales on her face that glittered even in the grey light. She was very pretty and her height - or lack of - made her look vulnerable. There was no way someone so sweet and innocent could have done it on purpose, so Eada forced a smile. "I'm sorry," Eada said. "Are you alright?"
Eada Vine
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on November 2nd, 2013, 6:18 pm

Nilika looked shocked when someone grabbed her hand. A wave of a emotion tore through her little frame. She almost collapsed into the muddy water with the stranger. Tears flooded her eyes and down her face. They mingled in with raindrops. Why was there so much sorrow? This was too much for her.

She looked down at the woman. How could she hold all that in? Her face scrunched up in sickness. She felt nauseous, right now. Nilika saw movement and looked up at the woman. She was taller than her, just about everyone was. The stranger's her brown hair was plastered to her face. When the Konti looked up at the eyes, she knew something wasn't right.

Nilika sighed in exhaustion. The sorrow was still her. "Are you alright," the stranger asked. The little girl looked up at the girl. She smiled and nodded. Ocean blue narrowed in determination. Screw work right now, her main priority was helping out this fellow citizen.

Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on November 3rd, 2013, 8:27 am

Eada's eyes widened at the girl. She hadn't fallen and all Eada had done was grabbed her hand, but there were tears pooling in her eyes. Eada couldn't have hurt her that much, could she? The girl narrowed her eyes and Eada's stomach lurched with guilt - she was trying so hard to look brave. There was sheer determination on her expression as she nodded.

"You're not okay," Eada said, wondering if she should take the girl's arm and pull her under some shelter, but it was when she touched her last time that the problems arose. She chewed the corner of her lip and glanced down the street, but none of the strangers even looked over at the two of them, let alone offered a hand. Eada folded her lips, still trying not to itch at the muddy, wet material against her legs. "Did I hurt you? Please, I want to help. My name's Eada."
Eada Vine
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on November 3rd, 2013, 2:32 pm

Nilika tilted in a questioning matter. "You're not okay," said the stranger. Why would she ask that? She wondered why did the other female say that. Nobody seemed to be paying attention to them. So why did she seem so worry?

Again Nilika shook her, after Eada asked a question and told the Konti her name. The 15 year old looked Eada up and down. She was a complete mess. Mud was all over her pants legs. Deciding to be an adult and take care of the problem, Nilika took hold of Eada's shirt and started to pull her towards Nilika's apartment. This was a good idea; she'll give her some clothes to wear. She turned back and looked at Eada with a pained smile. The emotion was deeming but not enough to fully forget about it. "My name Nilika or Nili for short."

Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on November 3rd, 2013, 2:39 pm

The girl took Eada's shirt and tugged her down the street. Eada allowed herself to be guided. After all, being covered in mud and water didn't leave her in a very good position to refuse. It would take her a while to walk back to her apartment and she was sure she'd get some funny looks.

The girl's smile seemed weak and forced and Eada swallowed, feeling guilty. But it didn't seem like it was entirely her fault. There was something behind the girl's eyes that wasn't pain, as Eada had initially assumed. At least, not a physical pain.

The girl introduced herself and Eada smiled. "Nice to meet you," she said as they hurried along, but regretted the words. They seemed a little out of place. "Shame it couldn't have been in nicer circumstances," she added, trying to sound light so as not to hurt the Nilika further.

"Is this you apartment?" She asked when they paused.
Eada Vine
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on November 3rd, 2013, 2:48 pm

"Yep," Nilika said with pride. She pulled the keys from out her shirt. No matter how neat and organize she is, she always loses her keys. Maybe she got it from her grandma.

Nilika walked I and held the door for Eada. After she came in, the youngster went to her chest and started looking for clothes.

Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on November 3rd, 2013, 2:53 pm

"This is very kind of you," Eada said, looking around the apartment. It was fairly tidy and had a cosy feel about it. It was the first apartment she had been in that wasn't her own since arriving here. It wasn't too different from Eada's.

Nilika riffled through her drawers and Eada realised she was looking for clothes. Eada smiled. She wanted to refuse and tell her that she didn't need to lend her something to wear, but she glanced down at herself and knew that if she tried to walk home in this, she would freeze.

"Oh no," she said. "I'm getting water all over your floor." Eada glanced round for a mop of some kind. She sighed and cleared her throat. "Erm, I don't mean to push or anything, but earlier at the well, was something wrong? I mean, you looked so sad."
Eada Vine
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on November 3rd, 2013, 3:12 pm

She pulled out black sweat pants and shirts. Maybe she needed to update her wardrobe's colors. Looking around for some socks, she was stopped by the question Eada asked.

She thought about it. "No you are the sad one." She pulled out a towel and told the other female to stand on it.

Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next