Starting location.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Starting location.

Postby Annalisa Marin on November 2nd, 2013, 11:28 pm

Hmm... depends on when they need to and where they are settled at. Technically they dwell within the Ukalas, however some have other places they dwell. Morwen dwells in the Ice Palace in Avanthal and is reportedly quite approachable. Black Rock is the domain of Dira, Mura has Avalis and others. However some appear to mark their followers with Gnosis marks. Anna, for instance, was marked by Rhysol. They actually need to appear before mortals for the mark to appear.

So the answer is... depends on the god.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Starting location.

Postby Taylani on November 3rd, 2013, 1:24 am

I would imagine it would actually be very very difficult for someone to actively NOT believe in the existence of any gods in Mizahar.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Starting location.

Postby Dren Zhao on November 3rd, 2013, 1:30 am

Not really. My character knows about Djed, and she believes those who claim to be "gods" are just beings who have a greater control of it, like a mage. A mage or wizard can throw fireballs, just as a "god" would use it to make a thunderstorm or whatnot. "What's the difference?" She would ask. She views beings who would call themselves "gods" as equal as everybody else.

It is my personal understanding that Djed is what makes up the universe. Everything that exists contains it, and when you use some part of the brain to manipulate it, it makes physical changes in the world. (90% of our brains go unused.) My guess is Djed is some sort of energy source like Dark Matter.

I still don't understand this whole Djed business fully, but I can learn it as my character learns it in IC.
"For evil to flourish, it only requires good people to do nothing." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Dren Zhao
Player

Words: 4938
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2013, 5:16 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Starting location.

Postby Hornet on November 3rd, 2013, 9:20 am

As a sceptic, you might be interested in the lore of the Ruv'na. It might be worth the trouble of contacting your local storyteller about the possibilities with regards to that faction.
Hornet
How would you like to call me?

Words: 30542
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 10:56 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Starting location.

Postby Dren Zhao on November 3rd, 2013, 2:31 pm

How does the Ruv'na stand in the name of scientific progress? I understand that the faction is still under development, but I find the wording strange. Zealotry is typically associated with fanatical and uncompromising pursuit of religious ideals. I'm very interested though. I'll probably have to ask these questions to a Storyteller.
"For evil to flourish, it only requires good people to do nothing." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Dren Zhao
Player

Words: 4938
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2013, 5:16 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Starting location.

Postby Annalisa Marin on November 3rd, 2013, 5:09 pm

If I recall correctly most people on Mizahar are unaware of the existence of Djed, most of the ones that do know about it are professional wizards. People like Sahovan Wizards, Magical instructors, people with "formal" education regarding magic. Most normal mages just cast on an instinctual level, I.E. they know how to do what they do, they just don't know the mechanics behind it. I believe Tarot has a Vlog that mentions that somewhere...
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)