Closed [Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Amphibian out of water (Roderick)

An unexpected encounter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Amphibian out of water (Roderick)

Postby M'Wanii on November 9th, 2013, 5:31 pm

M’wanii could hear the human laughing at her. He spoke quickly, claiming he would get her bag on his own, as she stood up before disappearing out the door with ease she only found in the water. Still annoyed at him, she understood his logic. She hadn’t even been able to make it through the city gates, Roderick was faster by himself. It also got rid of the brute.

Silria gently touched her should apologising on the hunters behalf. Her smile and aura seemed to ebb the tension away from the Charoda.

“Sorry, I don’t believe I caught your name.”

“M’wanii. I’m named M’wanii.”
“Ah, M’wanii then. I understand that your people breath through their skin and need to keep it wet. We have many pools here that you can use to swim in. If you want.”

The Charoda seemed to light up at the mention of water and smiling wider at this sight, the konti aided M’wanii to one of the less used private pools of the bath house. Taking the charoda’s clothes as she slipped into the water and disappeared, swimming off under the surface of the water, Silria returned to the room with the table. The shawl was almost as filthy as the clothes the poor girl had been wearing, no shoes either she noted. A tunic, trousers, a shawl and a bag; she was travelling light. The healer didn’t want to think about what would have happened if someone other than Roderick had the found the girl. True, the hunter had nearly killed her but from sound of it he had reacted out of fright rather than viciousness.

Shaking her head, the healer dumped the clothes in for laundry then returned to the room with the table cleaning it up for its next guest. Around about then Roderick returned; he was back earlier than one would expect but from the looks of it he had ran the entire way. Now holding a sodden bag, if it could be called that and bundle of dry clothes. He dropped them on the table before turning to her.
"Where'd that thing go?"

"Her name is M'wanii, Roderick. She's swimming - her people breath through their skin; if it becomes dry they begin to choke. I see you found her bag - and some clothes, too."

"I figured she'd need them. A walking, talking fish might scare some people."

"She's an amphibian, not a fish."

"Don't start..."

Giving the hunter a long look, Silria walked towards the door.

“Please pick up her belongings and follow me. You and her need to have a good chat.”

M’wanii swam around the pool, it was warm, and although hunger nibbled at the fringes of her mind, the water gave her stability. Whooshing under the surface of the pool came naturally as seeing, turning this way and that, springing elegantly off the walls and bottom of the pool. It all calmed her nerves allowing sure joy to spread over her mind.

A hand appeared in her small underwater world, signalling her to surface. Rising out the water she was meet with the face of Silria. Holding a towel in hand she gave it to the Charoda quickly telling M’wanii to make herself decent. Wrapping the now soaked towel around her body. The healer motioned Roderick in. The sight of the hunter caused the Amphibian to sink by a few finger lengths deeper into the water. He held a bundle of cloth in his hands along with her bag, which her eyes immediately focused on. Head still above the water she looked between the healer and the hunter.

“Radwick, give me me bag. Now.”

A moment or two passed before her brain kicked a reluctant
“Please.” out her teeth. Holding the towel with one hand she held out the other for her possession.

Last edited by M'Wanii on November 14th, 2013, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Roderick on November 9th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Giving another disapproving look Silria made her way towards a nearby door, tasking the man with bringing M'wanii's belongings with him as he followed after her. The prospect of having a lengthy conversation with the hate-filled creature was an unpleasant one, to put it mildly. He'd gotten her a disguise solely as a means of currying some favour from her - almost like a bribe. The benefits it could provide had only been a secondary thought. When they reached the pool that the the Charoda was in he could see now that she was far better suited to swimming than walking; twisting and spinning elegantly beneath the water's surface there was a highly noticeable beauty to her movements. With practiced ease this new acquaintance - if she could be called that - of his rose to the surface after Silria poked a hand into the water.

Taking the proffered towel the Charoda wrapped it around herself, soaking the thing instead of using it to dry herself - understandable now he was aware of her people's reliance on water. As he drew near M'wanii crept down a few extra inches into the pool, her eyes watching him closely. Eyeing the assorted items he carried she demanded that he hand over her bag, adding 'please' as a grudging after thought. He dropped her bag at the edge of the pool, doing the same with the other things he'd gathered on his way there. "Those should keep people from staring when you're out and about..." She probably wouldn't appreciate him being so liberal with her money, but considering the clothing would help her escape notice he felt he'd acted in her best interests.

As to that...

"I think I remember hearing about the Charoda. Tell me about them."

For a few tics the Konti paused in thought, drawing the knowledge inside out into the air at a slow, lilting pace "They need to keep their skin hydrated, else they will suffocate, similar to how a human might drown when under water - but you already know that... they are a peaceful people, so even if she had meant you harm she would not have been very effective in her assault..." Knowing that earlier would have been lovely... he thought, as she continued. "They prefer diplomatic solutions and they avoid conflict.. Before the Valterrian they were omnivores but since Ivak's rage was unleashed they can no longer digest meat, so their diet is limited to vegetables; her teeth are simply a reminder of her people's previous way of life. That doesn't mean they won't shred through a man's arm, of course..." He raised a brow at the amphibian before returning his attention to Silria, "She'll need work if she's to get by in the city." He told her, "She can get a job here at the bathhouse."

For a few tics Silria seemed surprised by the suggestion, so he began explaining it to her, "Her people are peaceful, so we can assume this one is too. She'll be useless for anything involving combat, but she could be useful for mending wounds. She'll need something to give her food and water to stay alive. This place is perfect for her; she can heal anyone that comes by to get money and swim in the baths when she needs to. Unless you'd like to throw her onto the street?" The Konti balked at the idea and shook her head vigorously as she said that it sounded like a good idea. Remembering that M'wanii was right next to them, they both turned to regard her, uncertain as to whether or not she had understood anything they had just said. Either way, Roderick had already decided on the best course of action for her, and when he decided on things he expected them to pan out like he'd planned. In truth this was all nothing more than a way of getting into the good graces of both of the other women, but the fact that it was a kind thing to do gave a little bit of assurance that it was a good deed.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby M'Wanii on November 11th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Radwick dropped her bag by the edge of the pool as he revealed the cloth to be clothes he had gotten for her to allow her easier movement about the city. Okay maybe the brute wasn't to bad. Reaching into her bag, she noticed her money bag had magically lost weight. Ah. So that's where he got the money. Well, the clothes were for her so she could possibly forgive him annoying human.

Glancing crossly at the hunter she finally retrieved a smaller bag of food from her bag. From this bag she took a long golden brown leaf of tasty sugar kelp before closing the smaller bag and putting it away. Meal in hand her attention turned back to the land dwellers' chatter.

It was on the topic of work. Right, if she wanted to live in Syliras, M'wanii would need a job. She hadn't thought of that although the hunter seemed to want her to work as a healer in the hot springs. True, she knew one or two underwater plants that could be used to help with fatigue but most of her knowledge was main about which plants where edible, she had next to no idea about medicine or wounds. If she wanted to be a healer the learning curve would be a steep one. However M'wanii had no idea of anywhere else that was as close to water as this. The danger of drying out was very real to her now. Chomping more of the leaf, she gripped the towel tighter. If the Charoda agreed, she would have trapped her self to the city until the waters warmed enough for her to swim away. Pushing down a small sad feeling that had grown in her chest, M'wanii decided that she would risk it on land, this winter.

It took her a while to realise they were now both looking at her. The rest of the leaf disappeared down her throat before she spoke to them.

“I okay with work here. But I have no knowledge of healing. But I know liddle about plants. I can grow some also. I will ask about job in morning. I am tired now.”

Fetching a couple of gold mizas from her bag, she motioned Radwick closer placing them in his palm. The coins wet with water shone in the low candle light of the evening. The hunter gave her that puzzled look again.

“Payment. For taking me to healer and buying me clothes. Maybe we can be friends.”

Shooting him a cheeky grin M'wanii continued,

“Although I not to sure I want to be friends with man, who look like he was trying to reproduce with lobster when he sat on sea urchin.”

The human's reaction to the statement was priceless. Giggling under the water, a soft harmonic sound echoed around the room. During her giggle fit, the air breathers both left. Once again settling at the bottom of the pool the Charoda relaxed in the warm water. This time not having to worry for fish. Still smiling she curled up into the towel and slept through till the morning.

OOCWhat be Sugar kelp??This be sugar kelp.And this.
Last edited by M'Wanii on November 14th, 2013, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Roderick on November 11th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Pulling the bag closer M'wanni set to raking about its contents. During that time Roderick held his small conversation with Silria, winning her over to his side before turning towards the Charoda once more, who looked up at them with a somewhat startled expression, having lost herself in her meal. Finishing off the remnants of a golden-brown leaf she was gripping, she finally spoke to them in her broken common, heavily seasoned by her accent. Hearing that she had no knowledge of healing would prove troublesome for her if she wanted to get a job at the bathhouse, but a quick glance towards Silria, followed by "You can teach her what she needs to know. It's not like she'll have anything else to do. We can have someone fetch her food if need be." His reasoning behind all of this was that he saw in the Charoda a chance to make a useful ally; the potential knowledge of healing she could come to possess would be a helpful asset for him.

The fact that she knew something of plants was a step in the right direction. All the same he felt a slight sense of impatience at her decision to leave her request for a job until the morning, but couldn't blame her for feeling tired; she'd been knocked unconscious not that long ago, so it was entirely possible for her to still be feeling the negative effects of such a thing, regardless of Silria's healing touch. Digging around in her bag once more the Charoda collected some gold mizas and motioned for Roderick to come closer. Stepping forward and kneeling down beside the pool she placed a wet hand on his arm, drawing the limb forward. With the other she placed the coins in his palm. Closing his fingers on his own, he rose and stepped away, pleased to hear it was a reward for helping her. Despite the fact he'd gotten her in the predicament, it was good to hear that she appreciated his efforts.

Thankfully he hadn't shown that gratitude visibly, because it might have made the next look on his face all the more ridiculous. Staring at her sourly for a moment, he blinked a few times as she insulted him and slipped beneath the water with a grin and cheeky giggle. Silria giggled too, and then he felt a slight smirk form on his lips and a few raspy breaths served as a small chuckle. M'wanii swirled about within the pool, laughing long and hard about her words. The sounds that reached the two of them above the water were beautiful. Leaving the Charoda to her mirth he back stepping away, turning on his heel and leaving the room, followed by Silria. When they were clear of the place he turned towards her and counted out the money he'd been given; ten gold mizas. He gave Silria the money she needed for everything she'd provided for them and, with a polite nod and his thanks, he turned around and walked away. There was still plenty of time left in this day for him to trawl the shops in Syliras for a bookstore. If all went well he'd know something of the Charoda by tomorrow morning.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 19th, 2013, 5:47 pm

XP Award!

M’Wanii:

XP Award:
  • +1 brawling
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +3 socialization

Lore:
  • Syliras Knights: Misinformed about Fish Monsters
  • Rodrick: Human Brute

Notes:Just a note, the handwriting font coupled with the blue makes your posts difficult to read. Not impossible, but difficult. Possibly get a background, or change the color, or preferably using a different font type other than script/handwriting would help graders.

Roderick:

XP Award:
  • +1 weapon:Club
  • +1 stealth
  • +3 socialization

Lore:
  • Charoda: Needs water
  • Charoda: Amphibian Not fish
Notes: These are comments.

Comments :
Please feel free to PM me any concerns about the grade. Don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous