Completed Champion Of Zinrah

Mamoru slithers around the training area with his newly stolen belt. This could only go wrong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Kalesserimamoru on November 4th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Timestamp 8th of Fall 513 AV

Mamoru slithered through the training area in Dhani form and full of pride. He still carried Zarboneus' championship belt over his shoulder, showing it off as if he had rightfully won it. Of course for him it didn't, matter if he did or not and no matter what anyone said, he was the best wrestler in the nest no questions asked.

He appeared awe inspiring, at least he thought so, draped in a dark rode, the bright gold plates on the belt reflecting the glow from the stones that lit the cave.

The trickster slithered around the place, looking on and watching as if he were a mentor, or someone looking for an opponent worth the challenge. He was champion of Zinarh, or at least one of them. By now, people had already noticed the gold he carried and the rumors started to spread.

Those close to Zarboneus had already asked about the missing belt, but the flubby Dhani wouldn't talk about it, he couldn't. Losing his belt was hard enough, but not as hard as it would have been if Mamoru had spread the lie that he tried to rape Aka.

Not only would he lose his status, but he would be imprisoned as well if not killed. He was sure that the vile Dhani Mamoru wouldn't have a problem trying to end his life, and if the people all thought him worthless, who would stop him?

So it stood that the trickster would keep the belt and walk Zinarh with it on his shoulder. There were whispers, gossip since no one saw him win it, they all had to wonder how he obtained it.

Many didn't ask because they assumed he beat Zarboneus for it in some private match up. If anyone asked the one thing the flubby Dhani would reply with was. "I wasss carelesss, and he got the better of me."

With those words, many assumed a win, but not all were buying it. A few of Zarboneus' current pupils refused to believe that their mentor could be beaten by someone like Mamoru, and as the Dhani slithered about the cave they all eyed him.

Finally, they slithered over to him, and confronted the trickster and demanded answers. "Did Zarboneusss have you polissh hisss belt? Are you having the leather replaced for him? It musst be what's going on, becausse we know you didn't beat him."

Mamoru stared hard at the two dhani in front of him and scoffed, what a pain they were, thinking they had any right to tell him anything. But he knew what was happening, a challenge and if that was what they wanted... "Not only did I beat that fat sslob. I did it in one chime. Think any of you can take me in one chime?"
Last edited by Kalesserimamoru on November 17th, 2013, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything happens out of necessity."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Words: 450418
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Kalesserimamoru on November 5th, 2013, 8:51 pm

The Dhani both laughed, nothing Mamoru said sounded realistic to them, and they knew inside that they could easily take him. At least, that is what they thought. The problem was they knew nothing about him other than he was a decent wrestler who used to show up a lot more until he took the job of guard. The idea of him suddenly getting strong was out of the question and they wouldn't hear it.

"I know I can beat you."

"I know he can beat you." They both said at the said time, while pointing at the other.

Mamoru cackled, his appearance unassuming as he started to will his djed to flow through his body, the power and knowledge of his craft weaving it's way into his eyes and mouth. He spoke then, his words djed fueled and sinking into both their minds.

"Neither of you can defeat me. You are both too weak. I have taken down the best that thisss nesst hass to offer and you two aren't amongssst them. Did you assk tubo how he losst thiss? He would tell you. I desstroyed him, and I'll do the same to you both."

The trickster weaved more of his djed, reaching out and placing a flashing imagine into both of their minds. It was a harder task to try it with two people rather than one, but Mamoru was confident that he could do it. The imagine was quick and something of a blur but it was clearly enough to say one thing. They would lose. Mamoru pushed further with his hypnosis, adding feelings of doubt and probing forth to keep their minds confused.

"I'll fight you here and now and embarrassss you in front of everyone here. Interesssted?"

Mamoru smiled wickedly, tongue flicking from his mouth as he gently touched the gold plated belt on his shoulder. His hypnotism continued as he flowed more djed into his eyes and mouth, speaking his words with the effort to make them back down. "Walk away now, before I beat you down. You don't sstand a chance and you know it."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Kalesserimamoru on November 7th, 2013, 8:56 pm

It was like a heart beat thumping, pounding inside their minds and chest as they took in the words of the trickster. They could feel his power and it made them susceptible to his crafts.

There was also the fact that he did have the belt which gave them pause to rethink their actions. Both Dhani were slowly losing their resolve and neither wanted to be the one to make the first move and possibly lose.

Mamoru continued to work his djed and will his hypnotic powers over the Dhani in front of him. He sent them suggestions of fleeing, the fear of losing and put an unwavering pressure on them to make a decision right away. "Pick, one of you will face me and I will rip you a part in front of the other. choosse now."

One of the men grunted and looked away, the first to crack under the strain. The trickster watched this one closer now, waiting to see what he would say or do. If he were to give up it, being the only one still standing might work to scare the second one off as well.

The Dhani leaned closer to each other in order to discuss their next move, but Mamoru wasn't willing to wait. The moment they both took their eyes off him, he lifted the heavy belt from his shoulder and rammed it into the head of the Dhani closer to him.

Clack!

There was a sickening thud as the plated belt smacked the skull of the Dhani with enough force to knock him over. Because they were standing so close together and also slightly leaning on the other, the quick and heavy blow knocked one into the other and they both felt backwards. The belt had knocked the Dhani out cold, leaving his limp body laying across his friend's, who stared upward at the trickster in shock and anger.

"Oh, looksss like it will be neither of you. Take my advice, grow a pair and ssee me in a few yearsss."

Mamoru slithered off then, having made his point and learned something that he hadn't thought off. Even with the belt he still wasn't champion, not too anyone else. He needed to do something, something in public that would show them all that he was the real champion.

But there was the problem, he wasn't a champion and had black mailed Zarboneus to get the belt from him. There was also the fact that he couldn't defeat the huge Dhani in a wrestling match. The last time that he had tried, he was left pancaked on the training ground floor.

As much as he hated to admit it, they were right. There was no way that he could best Zarboneus in order to claim that belt as truly being his, but he had to do something and now. Resting the belt on his shoulder again, Mamoru slithered through the tunnels of the nest and made his way back to the residential area.

Black mail had gotten him the belt, and he didn't see why it couldn't take him a bit further. He had an idea while he traveled through the tunnels, a way to make himself champion while the whole world watched. But first, he had to find the fat Dhani.
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Kalesserimamoru on November 17th, 2013, 2:55 am

Mamoru thought on his plan more and made a few changes. He wanted to get what he wanted with as little fuss as possible. All things came in their time, and he wanted to make sure that since he had decided that this was his time, he would make sure it went his way. Returning to the flubby Dhani 'belt in hand' would probably really anger him and he might try and take it back.

He couldn't have that, not his championship belt and with that thought in mind, placed the belt where he had hidden it before. It was hidden in the darker corners of the room, not on the ground but placed plate down against the wall, and shoved between upper facing spikes.

It would be really hard to find it, unless someone combed every inch of his cave. He had wondered if Zarboneus would send someone after it at first, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

Taking a moment, he shifted into human form, and as usual he enjoyed the thirty second change and even groaned in pleased during it. Once it was done, he slipped into his dark robes and stood in the center of the cave.

Zarboneus shouldn't be trusted he knew, and he couldn't say that a confrontation would go in his favor, unless he did something to make that happen. The fat Dhani hated him now, and the sight of him could force the big Dhani to go off into a rage.

However, there was another, another that he wouldn't attack for fear of real punishment. Smiling, the trickster willed his djed to rise, steaming from his pours and enveloping his body.

He had known her for only a short time, and yet she had spent a great deal of time following behind him. Mamoru had observed the tiny viper for some time now, how she acted, her usual demeanor, behaviors and everything else that he could see.

Mamoru started to shift, and it was as if his bones simply broke, or settled into themselves to allow him to shrink down to such a small size. His eyes grew larger, yellow-green color burning with fire as turned to crimson.

His cheeks filled out, becoming rounder, hair coursing down far pasted his waist. The trickster literately sunk into his robes as the morph continued. Every muscle in his being tighten and shrunk to fit the tiny form of the girl he looked to disguise himself as.

He was even smaller now than he had ever been upon realizing his human form. Mamoru felt as light as a feather, as if he could lift into the air and never come back down. Suddenly his cave seemed so much bigger, in fact everything did.

He felt as if he were wearing a gloved suit of flesh, something pressing down upon his bones and keeping them in the tiny form he had disappeared into. By the time the morph was done, he stood wrapped in robes that half fell off his body, and a mess of hair too much to deal with.

But he now had his form, it had taken him a bit longer to create given it was his first time trying it. But the features were almost identical, and it would take someone who knew her very well to see the subtle differences.

Picking up his mirror, Mamoru looked into it and smiled. He had done it, and with his model complete he could go about his plans. The trickster twirled on his heels, spinning himself around and around until he started to feel dizzy.

"Hehehehe!"

Stopping, he paused and kicked a scrawny leg from inside his robes. If he was going to play the part, then he needed to act it as well. Zarboneus didn't know Aka well, but just in case he ran into anyone that had seen her around, he needed to be able to play the role.

He stood for a moment in contemplation. He'd been with her enough to know how she spoke and what her voice sounded like. Coughing a bit, Mamoru made sure that he had the right voice.

"Hi! I'm Aka! Ehehehee!"

He felt ridiculous really, but that was the Aka that everyone knew, and if he didn't act the exact same way, they might start to wonder, or not. Pulling his robes back onto his shoulders, Mamoru turned to leave. The only thing that was really different was that Aka always wore dark dresses.

Mamoru didn't have any and he wasn't about to go to her room to steal hers. In this case, his robes would have to do, though if needed, he could paint an illusion to make his robes appear as a dress. With everything in order, the trickster left his cave and started skipping down the hall. "Ehehehe!" He really felt ridiculous.
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Kalesserimamoru on November 17th, 2013, 6:57 am

It seemed that his trick was working, the Dhani in the nest frowned, regarding him as they normally did Aka. It was interesting seeing the world from his eyes and the way others viewed him but this was down right bizarre.

The Dhani around him seemed more aggressive or down right disgusted. Mamoru skipped on, slipping and stumbling more than once on his robes before continuing on. It wasn't easy walking with so much fabric around his feet and he was skipping.

"Sasahahah!"

Mamoru skipped on, swinging his arms lightly back and forth, darting from tunnel to tunnel. He found the cave that housed the fat slob and popped his head in from the side of the cave entrance. "Hellllo. Hehehe! Did. You. Miss. Me?" The trickster practically screamed into the cave, batting his eye lashing and puckering his lips.

Zarboneus felt his blood warm and hissed loudly as he turned to the doorway. "You! You get away from me. You've already causssed me enough trouble!" He slithered up, tail coiling under him to make himself seem larger, as if that were necessary. Even sitting down he was still the fattest Dhani in the nest.

He hoped that his imposing size would scare the girl and make her retreat. She had seemed timid on their last meeting and without her friend there to help, he figured it was worth a shot.

It might had worked if he was dealing with the deal Aka, but Mamoru didn't fear him or his flabby muscles, or the fact that he could smell him from the hall. In all of Zinrah this was the only Dhani with a heat signature that rivaled a monkey. Mamoru skipped inside, once again tripping on his robes and almost falling right into the blubber in front of him.

"Oopsss. Eheheeh. Sso fatboy my massster ssent me to tell you ssomething."

Zarboneus wanted to hit her, he wanted to use those meat sized mitts of his and pound her into the ground. That would solve his problem, and with no one to say that he had done anything, Mamoru's hold on him would be over.

Suddenly a thought occurred to him, what if that was what the trickster was hoping for? Something was up, he thought, why else would he send his slave alone? Zarboneus thought to look outside and figured he'd spot a shadow lingering near.

"What does he want? What doesss that sslime want now?"

Mamoru spun around, a while grin on his face as he turned and lightly poked his finger into his jaw. "Wellll. He ssaid that he wanted to fight you in the pit for your championsship. Only...YOU, have to lossse on purposse! Ehehehh!"

Zarboneus' eyes grew wide, he had never heard of anything more insulting, more humiliating. It was bad enough that Mamoru had his belt, but this was unforgivable. Just as he was about to answer, Mamoru reached up and planted a finger against his mouth.

"Ah-ah-ah! Don't anssswer. Think on it and..tell him in two daysss sasahaa!"

Zarboneus was disgusted, and hissed loudly in rage. It was all he could do to keep from hitting the small snake and beating it into the ground. "You get out of here right now..or I'll kill you." The look in his eyes were fierce, and Mamoru knew that he meant it.

"Two dayssss.."

He said again, as he stepped backwards, once again stumbling on the robes he wore and sliding against the wall for support. His eyes stared into Zarboneus' and they continued until the trickster had retreated into the hall. "Two daysss."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Champion Of Zinrah

Postby Traverse on December 15th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Mamuro

Experience:

• Brawling 1 XP
  • Hypnotism 2 XP
  • Intimidation 1 XP
  • Morphing 1 XP
  • Observation 1 XP
  • Persuasion 2 XP
  • Planning 2 XP
  • Rhetoric 1 XP

Lore:

• Showing off You're Winnings
  • Taking on Aka's Form
  • Having a Belt Doesn't Make You a Champion

Additional Notes :
What a wonderfully devious thread! I was hoping for some juicier details with Aka's morph, you have the knowledge and writing to really show us your morphing talent, but alas there's always next time! I am looking forward to seeing the next thread in this saga!

Also now that Inside the Lair is up if you could submit an NPC write up for Zarboneus so he's all official that would be great!

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)