Open [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Impact Training

Vik is hoping to improve his Hand to Hand and Brawling Skills, maybe he'll have a partner!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Impact Training

Postby Vik on November 7th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Fall 38, 513 A.V.; 12 Bells 45 Chimes

Work was one of the furthest things on Vik's mind as he strolled toward the Fighter's Pit; it wasn't one of those things that concerned him over-much; especially since he wasn't likely needed until the following day. He had not kept up with recent events either, as they; typically, didn't concern him enough for him to raise alarm at what could be terrible, terrible things happening about. As, in his mind at least, f the ones who are to protect the people cannot protect them; what is he going to do; flail his arms at it in an attempt to be a frightening person? Yeah, that didn't work as often as he would like. He was nowhere near scary; his meager height and his rather svelte form just spoke volumes on how less than frightening he really looked.

Not that he minded being under estimated at all; it's just that the pikers who thought that he was going to not be able to defend himself were- well, idiots. He was just thankful he hadn't been beaten up too badly when he got around to finding a job. Or, rather; when he was going to go back in and see about capabilities as a helping hand or something. He needed money rather badly; and he knew it.

Today however, he was going to start on impact training; he had neglected it enough in six years, that his hands- in his opinion; were soft and rather easily hurt. He couldn't have that be the case; as he used his hands to fight, and any weakness in the bone; tendons, or his palms could get him killed- or worse; captured by some idiot who couldn't figure out a better way to live than to kidnap people. In all honesty- it was likely the world's fault but- one couldn't be picky where they were born right?

He had a couple of items with him; the first was a good length of rope; the other was the empty cask that he had used to hold his Ale; which was unfortunately depleted but- he could deal with that later of course. But, it looked somewhat odd that he would be carrying them. The other utensils on his body; his eating knife, his pipe; all were there in normality- as anyone who didn't at least have their eating utensil on them was in a sad state of affairs as a lowly commoner.

However; as he arrived at the Pit, which he had been looking out and about at for almost two weeks; staking it out and watching, not observing- but getting a feel for if he were going to be able to train. He had figured; after two-weeks, to go ahead and enter into the pit itself to have a go at his continued training. After all, when one has to toughen up their hands; the best way is to start 'soft' and get 'hard'. Hence the Rope and the Cask.

That said, entering into the pit itself would; likely draw attention- as; heck, it's not every day you see a small fellow with what could be alcohol and rope walking into- well, anywhere. However; he let out a rather cheerful sounding, "Hoi'yo!" Albeit, he might not be greeted in such a manner- he began off to look for a good place to set up his bit of practicing area; just so he wouldn't disturb anyone else; for the most part.

Unless, of course- he was stopped on his way there; he would be well on his way to wrapping the cask up in a fashion as to make a striking surface that would suffice for making sure one's hands were likely a bit bloodied after the session's end. No pain no gain; even so... It was a somewhat lengthy process that took nearly ten minutes. The winding of the rope was tight; making it so that the cask was firmly secured by the rope and strengthened just a tad; however, it was still very light.

'Why didn't I do this while I was outside of the city; it's so much easier to find some blasted rocks and dirt out there.' Albeit, he knew the reason why; it would be petching heavy and he really, really wasn't inclined to carry a little over a hundred pounds through the city.

So he had to; now- search for some rocks to put into the cask, and- well; to set the cask on. As one didn't want their training 'dummy' to be kicked, punched, or; well- blown away by a strong breeze.

It was times like this he really, really regretted not having gone to Ahnatep; but, the summer was not a time for travel in the violent desert. And now, he was here- so; there was that.

"Rocks-rocks-rocks where are some rocks..." Well, single minded yes; but- he'd stop if asked to. It paid to listen to those who didn't want a strange small man who spoke too quickly, used some strange martial artistry, and carried around empty ale-holders in their locale. It also made it easier to not be hurt too badly to train! Ever wary of being asked to stop or what he was doing. He just... Continued on.

Albeit, the dirt of the ground would work just as well- so, some of that was scooped up and put in; different locations; a little here and there. So as to not leave ruts in the floor of the training grounds.

As that would be rude.

Notes:
I am unsure if I am allowed to control the NPCs, as I am new and could likely mess this up. It is an open thread; so, I hope people wanna duke it out.
  • This is his Normal Speech.
  • This is his Thought Speech
Vik
Sandwich Powered Advice Dispenser

Words: 20847
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2013, 2:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on November 8th, 2013, 1:08 am

Adara Meadows
----

She didn't like training in the pit. Why? Simple reason, she was a girl. Sure there were other females in the pit practicing whatever it was they trained in, but she was one of the few boxers. Perhaps it was because the punching sport was secretly reserved just for males that she got the dirty looks? Or perhaps because some thought it an unclean and lowly sport? Either way not many seemed to like it when she trained there. Adara though was tired of training in random alleys and on the castle walls. SHe was tired of boxing shadows and her imaginary foes. So perhaps if the gods were with her she could find a fellow who was not a fool and would give her a go.

Walking into the fighter's pit with her boxing gloves slung over her shoulder and breeches rolled up over her knee the mixed blood shifted her dark eyes about, scanning the area for any potentials. She got the usual glances of curiosity and the other ones of contempt. For how dangerous could a simple eighteen year old girl be.

Setting her gloves down in a small space she had found for herself Adara started to fit the leather over her clenched palms. She smiled at the sight of them fit and snug on her two hands. They were the pair her father helped her buy one day in the market. Picking out the perfect leather and having the maker measure them for just her hands only. Her gloves, her weapons.

It was then that she noticed a shift in the temperament of the pit. It was as if those glaring eyes had shifted from her to another. Turning her head, dark hair fell over her shoulder as Adara glanced to where Vik entered and went to work making his dummy. Her head tilted a little to the side as she watched him for a moment, noting the looks he got from others around. He was a small man yes, but look at those muscles!
"Now, isn't that a smart idea." Adara said to herself as she watched the little man. She could not help but move closer to get a better look at what he was making. Standing just a few lengths away from the man the young girl decided to open her mouth and go ahead and ask.
"Where did you learn that? I think it's rather clever."

----
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Words: 33492
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Vik on November 8th, 2013, 2:39 am

Fall 38, 513 A.V.; 12 Bells 45 Chimes

Truthfully; the construction of his striking dummy had gone rather well; no one had challenged him over it- yet; and frankly he was hefting up rather large chunks of stone from the fractured would be walls and stacking them inside the cask along with dirt he was collecting. Making for a solid dummy that he could strike and not knock clean off it's perch. It was mildly catharic as well; but, to anyone not watching closely- it seemed all he was doing was slowly lifting the rocks. In truth; he was gripping them hard; hefting them in a fashion as to forcibly align muscles to a memory of turning. His arm muscles bulged a bit as he did this- and he was working a bit of a sweat up.

His fingers also were starting to hurt; the sheer strength he forced into picking up each stone was something no one could really see. And it was such a circadian rhythm to it; dirt, crush and place; stone, grip and place. But, even so; he paused, mid lift; listening a moment before looking back and around a little.

Of course, there was little mistaking the question; albeit his own facial muscles twitched a bit as he thought a few scant seconds on how to respond to that, 'The truth is far better than a lie, so my dad said.' He mused, but; she had come closer while speaking; so- with that. He set the stone inside the dummy-barrel. Before standing up and offering a slight bow of his upper torso.

"M'da s'wunna taugh'me this technique. S'fer makkin'chur ye'han'ser strong fer th'martial art me'n'im practiced." His rather, slurring speech made for something out of the ordinary to say the least. He too, could feel the glare upon him; the other people- not this fine looking woman here; were glaring at him. And he just rolled his eyes a little at that, "Hrgn, mhn- sorry if I'mma talkin' too fast, s'just what I've spoke like since m'da an' I ran from... Hrm... I don't'member th' place." He just gave a rather haphazard grin; he had, mild, knowledge of other techniques in the world; but, he just offered a slight motion to the dummy itself.

"It'sa training technique used to harden th'fingers an'and in th'Myrian Tiger Style an' th'Wolf Boxing Style. So m'da said. S'what th' Glorious Style; mixes t'get it's unique... Flavor y'culd say." He of course just; offered a hand, "Th'name's Vik, s'short for Viktor... I think, haven't used m'full name in near on fifteen years now..."

Being that Adara was close enough; the smell that came from him was not all that bad; but he smelled of the harshness of Kline and the sweat of a person who had been exerting himself. He had only been picking up stones, but- the hand offered her had the stress marks and redness of much more than just lifting stones free of the ground.

Added in as an afterthought, he stated; almost lamely, "A pleasure t'meetcha." At least he was friendly right?

Notes:
Vik

Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on November 9th, 2013, 5:37 am

Adara Meadows
----

Her head tilted to the side as his words just spun right over her head. Now this was going to be interesting. He had a way of speaking that seemed to be just as queer as what he was doing. Her nose wrinkled a little in confusion as she tried to work out what it was he was saying to her.
"M'da s'wunna taugh'me this technique. S'fer makkin'chur ye'han'ser strong fer th'martial art me'n'im practiced."

"Oh..." Adara started slowly, thinking she understood at least part of what was being said. "You practice martial arts? Now that sounds like some fun. It, works your hands you said?" The young girl moved closer, her eyes roving the dummy that Vik was constructing.

"Hrgn, mhn- sorry if I'mma talkin' too fast, s'just what I've spoke like since m'da an' I ran from... Hrm... I don't'member th' place."
This time it seemed a little easier to understand what he was saying.
"No, your fine. I just need to get use to the way you speak is all." She offered a small smile of her own, giving a small shrug.

"It'sa training technique used to harden th'fingers an'and in th'Myrian Tiger Style an' th'Wolf Boxing Style. So m'da said. S'what th' Glorious Style; mixes t'get it's unique... Flavor y'culd say. Th'name's Vik, s'short for Viktor... I think, haven't used m'full name in near on fifteen years now..."

"Ah, another riddle for me." This time she let out a small laugh before trying to answer the man's odd speech.
"Wolf boxing style? I am a boxer, yet I haven't heard of this one. What is that exactly?" She asked with a small tilt of her head. "Oh, Vix; it is nice to meet you. I am Adara; Adara Meadows." She said taking his hand firmly in her own giving it a firm shake. "Looks like you have a nice training system here for yourself."

----
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Character sheet

Postby Vik on November 9th, 2013, 6:54 am

Her responses, at least; seemed as if she were interested. The firmness of the shake caused pain to lance through his raw finger-tips; but, he didn't mind really. He was used to the pain of his father's training and that; really, was something he could take advantage of in most fighting. It helped to be used to something when one took to being beaten near unconciousness. But; then again. He allowed her hand to go free; even before he began to register her other questions; he just, moved back a moment; before thinking. But, then; listening to her intently- he made an 'ahhhh' sound, "Uh, it'ssa type o' ground foitin' tha' uh... S'meant really fer women, but'it werks out well fer men too. S'like a playful wolf, han's flat, legs splayed on the ground- lotsa leapin'n'jumpin' wiffat."

Although, now he addressed her question about the dummy; before just nodding, "Uh, s'more loikka th'bones. See, iffen ye bones is all strong like? Y'kin kill a man wiff ye finger, to th' throat, side've th' head. Groin." He demonstrated in the air; although- anyone savvy enough to look might note he wasn't using his index or his ring finger; instead his thumb and middle finger were used for pointing and gesticulating the examples.

"Yeah, foitin' fair innit really sumfin' I'mma intrested in; oi foit t'win- less it's sparrin' I dun wanna hurt m'partner that bad." He said this with cheeriness that was obvious in his energetic form. His body seemed to constantly jitter. Bouncing on the balls of his feet; rocking on his heels. Albeit, he did offer her a sly grin, "Y'box y'sed roit? Howwabout we 'ave a go at it. Oiculd use sum 'sperience gainssa boxer; an y'culd learn a fing or two frumme yeah? S'all good fun."

It appeared he had a strange, strange idea of fun. Then again; the man was a small; overly energetic fellow who seemed to be filled to the brim with either fighting spirit or enough energy to power a Djed storm, figuratively speaking of course. He wasn't making it much of a secret that he was looking the woman over; not an observational talent, as he wasn't really good at gauging the fights he was going to get into... At all, but more along the lines of his eyes wandering a bit; albeit, his hood offered a little protection in the form of shade.

So at least he didn't look all that much a pervert- which he wasn't. Appreciation of a form was something his father had always told him, 'If someone is flaunting themselves obviously, it is your right to look' and look he did. Albeit, she wasn't really 'flaunting' but still. His eyes however; snapped back to her face, filled with a mischievious; genuinely good natured light.

"So, hows about ya an' me foit yeah?" He grinned at that remark rather cheekily, "It'll be fun."

Strange, strange little man; at least he wasn't afraid to hit girls or him fighting her might be a problem! For some men who didn't understand women were deadly; this could result in more than a fight he'd want.

Not that he really cared, c'mon.

However, as he had talked; he was shifting the dirt on the ground into a pile; a small pile; but a pile. Making sure that it was all together as he waited for an answer. After all, if she refused he'd just do what he was going to do. Shoot the shyke, make mildly off-color comments; and generally be an ignoramus in action and word. He of course had no problem waiting for an answer; but, at the moment it seemed he had energy to spare.

As quirky a fellow he was, it couldn't be too strange; after all- there were far different creatures with much more than his seemingly boundless enthusiasm and energy right?

Notes:
Vik

Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on November 9th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Adara Meadows
----

Well, it was not getting any easier to understand him. It was so strange, they were speaking the same tongue of Commom, but it was like speaking to someone with another language.
"Uh, it'ssa type o' ground foitin' tha' uh... S'meant really fer women, but'it werks out well fer men too. S'like a playful wolf, han's flat, legs splayed on the ground- lotsa leapin'n'jumpin' wiffat."
"Like an animal?" She mused more to herself then to Vik. It sounded like some fun really. "Do you know some of the wolf style? I would love to see some of it."

"Uh, s'more loikka th'bones. See, iffen ye bones is all strong like? Y'kin kill a man wiff ye finger, to th' throat, side've th' head. Groin."
A shiver ran down her back as she got the sense of his words there. "Sounds painful, but also like a lot of fun." To be able to do that with just your fingers...new weapons on the tips of each finger.

A twinkle sparked in her eye as she heard his proposal. "A spar? Well, you have me kind of scared now with all your finger kill moves. Promise you won't use them on poor me? Else I will be in sore straits." Adara teased lightly. Already she was started to circle him slowly, her eyes taking in his frame, where his muscles were, the way his body moved. This would be some fun.

A small chuckle erupted from her throat as she watched her take in her form just as she took in his. This would be an interesting fight, she could tell already. Cracking her knuckles as she clenched them Adara slid her right foot forward moving in closer towards Vik. This was more to see how he moved. How he reacted to her body moving in towards his.

----
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Character sheet

Postby Vik on November 9th, 2013, 5:23 pm

"Pffff..." He had to hold his breath a few moments before guffawing with quite a bit of force; he shook his head with a continual string of chuckles as he turned himself slowly; he not keeping her absolutely in front of him- but much rather to the side.

"I'mma say this, yer th' first person t'overestimate me, even in jokin' like. S'kinda amusin'." There was a difference between knowing and doing, he knew quite well about what made up the style of Martial Art he did he did; however- not have as much practice in it as he would like. Basics, the stretches; how to get your hands tough? All knowledge until you actually pressed yourself to injure your hands for two hours a day, every day, for weeks, sometimes a couple of seasons before; well- you were really ready. It's part of the reason he preferred brawling. To, say, something more civilized like Wrestling.

Her movements themselves didn't really bother him; her stepping in however; didn't really do much to scare him; his stance was a relaxed one that many men who at least understood the basics of fighting would hold. He wasn't here to box- he didn't need to be all tense, tense caused many, many other problems with combat than being loose. His eyes shifted and he narrowed a glare at the woman as she did so. But, the fact was; he was ready to fight now- so, with that he slid his foot back and out of her radius of movement he went- starting out cautiously; odd, but- it seemed he was willing to let her make the first move.

Not all that unexpected if one looked at many of the Martial Disciplines. But, she didn't need to know this was how he fought in most situations. On guard, his meager height; and the fact she was a good seven inches taller than he was; made this a minor worry. It did show somewhat; but then again- playing it safe might mean he was also watching her as well.

Or not, it really was hard to tell with his hood still up.

Shoulders loose, arms taut below the elbows; stance being balanced but drawn out; almost a boxing stance; almost. It was odd really; the little man didn't seem to be trying to viciously attack as many would try to do when circled like a carcass with a vulture circling. Instead, he kept himself away, for now at least. 'Hrm, need to see how she moves in to engage; I'll have my plan then.' On the fly thinking; one of the many skills that someone who brawled had to have... Albeit- it was action oriented thinking, and mildly useless in the context of the world itself.

Go figure.

Notes:
Vik

Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on November 9th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Adara Meadows
----

Well perhaps, like all things, understanding Vik took practice; for now she was finding it easier. It seemed like there were only a few words he twisted in his harsh accent and the others were mostly the same. Now all the had to figure out was what those twisted words were. A little work and perhaps she could speak his harsh tongue.

"I'mma say this, yer th' first person t'overestimate me, even in jokin' like. S'kinda amusin'."

"How could one not overestimate you? You are built like a bull or a rock; both equally as dangerous."

The best part of boxing to Adara was not winning. It wasn't the feeling of your opponents bones crushing under your pounds. It wasn't the satisfying look of defeat that reflected off of their eyes as their loosing was evident. It wasn't even the relief of taking her anger out. It was the dance. The dance that took place before the real fight. Two opponents circling, moving in and out, testing each other; sometimes leaps and bounds were involved. And that, was what Adara loved most about boxing; the dance of the boxer.

Feet firmly planted on the ground she continued to circle the smaller man, moving as in inward spiral towards him. Her dark eyes twinkled with excitement as they watched her new target. Arms hung loose by her sides, shoulders thrust back, and fists clenched. Moving forward with her right side Adara swung for his left. It was more of a teasing movement. She did not expect to really hit his side, only wanting to see how he reacted to her attack, how he moved. Finishing that swing she immediately lunged forward with her left arm for the lower portion of his torso, the part not protected by his rib-cage. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she moved, hair flying behind her like a black flag. This was going to be fun.

----
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Character sheet

Postby Vik on November 18th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Vik had sized her up already, and by sized; he really had- but not exactly in a combat sense. He noted the curve of her body; the form of her hips and the swell of her bust for certain; and being a man he did appreciate the fact she was hopefully going to assume he was sizing her up for combat. He really didn't do that sort of thing, to size up an opponent was to underestimate them and to fail. Plus, he didn't mind giving a girl some attention of his eyes.

Albeit, as she took a stance- as they went around one another; he felt the energy in the air, as he waited for her to attack; and she him- it was almost romantic in a way, the spiraling dance that would inevitably end in a bloodied nose and a lot of bruises.

'Bruises, blood, and soreness? Heh, close enough.' he snorted a bit in a silent chuckle; before readying himself fully.

Seeing the stance that Adara took; he just set his jaw a bit; he knew very well what it was. He never understood the hardness of the stance that her type of practitioner took. While the 'Iron Tower' that was the legs easily made it so that he would be remiss to attack them; as he, personally- didn't think that being unfair in a mere sparring match was going to get him anywhere. His own body movements were loose; almost as if he were intoxicated- but, the movement of his feet had an underlying gracefulness to them that seemed to be absolutely out of tune with the rest of his movement. He seemed to almost be falling over; correcting himself, then almost falling again.

Save that his feet were absolutely steady.

Her attack, he noted; wasn't really an attack. A test; it didn't really strike him as much a hard blow; and, he instead moved to the side; not a scrambling movement no. But one born from dodging attacks upon his body; but, she was fairly tall. This made for a quick jab to her upper torso; above her breasts; against the clavicle and shoulder. It was open handed; a 'slap' more or less. But, even as he attacked, he danced away quickly; pushing with his arm to give him momentum to scuttle backward and adopt that same loose, loose stance. Albeit, his arms were up; and his head bowed to a degree where it was protected by the shield of his arms.

It seemed he was ready to actually fight; his counter might have stung a little; but- really, that was it. He wasn't actively attacking for the purpose of harm. Not yet anyway; he, well; chortled a bit, "When'ere yer ready, me ya'll foighteh roit an proper good yeah?" The question was almost a taunt, teasing; testing her resolve. Albeit it didn't have as much heart as a rhetoirical flourish would have- but, it was mildly inspiring. He might not even see being beaten as a loss!

Notes:
  • NPC Speech, Male
  • NPC Speech, Female
Last edited by Vik on November 22nd, 2013, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vik

Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on November 22nd, 2013, 7:04 pm

Adara Meadows
----

The butterflies were forming in her stomach. No matter how many times she fought, no matter how good she got; those butterflies would always take flight. She remembered being a little girl and watching the larger boys tower over her as her stick legs shook. Her legs didn't shake anymore; but there was still nervousness.

She was a women. Adara had grown used to the eyes of men roving over her body since she was young enough to start developing. It made her skin squirm. Half the time it didn't feel like they were sizing her up for a fight. It felt more like they were taking her clothes off with their eyes. It made her want to smack their eyeballs out. Of course, this just fueled her fire to win. To see their body covered in their own blood, blood she had spilled. Calm down now Adara girl, don't get carried away.

Taking a deep breath and bringing her thoughts back to the present Adara rolled her shoulders like a tiger ready to pounce. As her arms swung for him Vik made an attempt on her all the same. His hand coming for her upper torso her hair whipped around her face like a whip as she twirled to the right dodging his attack and swinging out with her arms for where he had been attacking her. But he was done. Already dancing away from her. A coy smile formed on her plump lips. Ah, he was a fast one here. She would have to watch this shrimp of a man.

"When'ere yer ready, me ya'll foighteh roit an proper good yeah?"

Was he one of those who liked to taunt as he fought? Oh good gods not one of those place. With her chest stinging a little Adara dropped in a crouch, losing almost a whole foot of her height. With her body lower to the ground she was ready to dance. "Ready when you are little man." She teased. Those would probably be her last words until this thing was over. Bunching her leg muscles up Adara went head on for Vik with one arm across her chest and half of her face while the other went right for the base of his neck.

----
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Character sheet

Next