Flashback Fight & Revenge

[NaNo Challenge] Syveris gets into another fight, but this time, she wants revenge.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Fight & Revenge

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 10:00 pm

80th of Winter, 508 AV

Once again, the twins playing together in the Yasi section were getting on her nerves. Technically, they didn't do anything wrong, but Syveris hated them all the same. Together all the time, playing all the time, as if there was nothing in the world to worry about. It was truly infuriating.

Once again, she kept to herself, rolling the small wood eagle she always took to 'play' around her fingers, and placing it on one hand or another. Looking at the small piece, she smiled, a somewhat stiff smile, but a smile still. This little toy was the one she always took with her, all the time. The Yasi didn't care for any other one, mostly because she despised playing. It was a loss of time, time she could spend doing bendi on the Aeries, so that she could bond with an Wind Eagle and become an Endal. And then, she would shove it in the faces of all those annoying brats.

But that was still a dream, and so, she spend time being watched by annoying Chiets and 'playing' with the wood eagle. Truly, it was mostly just moving the eagle through her hands, sometimes not even paying attention to what she was doing, but it was the only toy she liked, and she wouldn't just let it hanging around, so others could take it from her.

As if on cue, two Inarta boys approached her, both of them with a smile on their faces. Syveris scowled, glaring with disgust at him. She knew the Yasi. Not that this meant she had bothered to learn his name. But she had learned his face, and was a face she hated, with all her strength. He came to her more than anyone else, only to bother her with stupid words and stupid demands. The other boy was smaller, but more muscular, and Syveris knew his face, too, but she cared for him even less than she cared for the taller. He usually kept to himself, but once someone was up to mischief, they could always call him, and he would go, submissive and stupid.

"Hey chick. What are you doing?" the tallest one asked, and Syveris could only scowl even more at him. What did he thought she was doing? What was worse, he had actually used the term 'chick' as an insult, as if he was way older or better than her. He was younger, and he was Yasi. Really, the boy was stupid beyond reason. "Playing with your little toy?"

"No, I'm playing with a Talon Sword." she answered, swinging the eagle at him, as if it was truly a sword. The smaller boy frowned, and Syveris was sure he was thinking she was crazy. "What do you want, clipped? I heard you had a little trouble with your falconry lessons. You can't keep the falcon on your arm because of your stink?" there. That was how you insulted someone. And it hit the spot, because the boy's face twisted with pure rage.

"You petching shyke! Who do you think you are? You sit there by yourself, playing with this stupid toy, as if you are better than any of us. At least I have the chance to be picked by some Avora. And you? What can you do? I heard the Chiets talking, and they said you were being too troublesome to that hunter take you as an apprentice, and that he had given up on you!" the boy's outburst was pathetic, throwing insults without caring for what they really meant. But Syveris couldn't deny it hit the spot, too. She had heard this talk too, and she had felt devastated. Not that she would admit it out loud.

"Don't waste your time, Vaaron." the smaller one interrupted, and smiled. His smile was twisted, and Syveris didn't like it at all. "She only acts like that because of her mother. She is a Dek, you know? Well, if she is still alive, that is. That rotten blood runs through her veins. She is no better than a Dek. No, she is the spawn of one. Right, dek licker? Where is you momma right now?"

Oh, how better the smaller boy was at insulting. Half-way through his words, Syveris had felt her blood raise, and her eyes tear up. She wouldn't put up with this. She wouldn't. Throwing herself at the boy, she managed to make him fall, probably because he was taken by surprise. Sitting on top of him, she began to throw punches at the boy's face, rage controlling her body.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fight & Revenge

Postby Syveris on November 7th, 2013, 10:36 pm

It was like she was in a trance. rage filling her being so completely that she didn't noticed her surroundings. She just felt the skin of her fists connecting with the skin of the boy's face, her mind blank by rage. The Yasi only returned to her senses when she saw the red on the corner of the boy's lips.

It was then that Vaaron seemed to get of his trance, too, because Syveris could feel hands punching her hair, and her face contracted with pain. Turning around, she scratched the boy's hand with all her strength, and she could hear him curse and throw insults at her, although she couldn't understand the words. Nor she had time to think about them, because the Yasi below her had finally moved, and the punch he threw on her stomach made her curl up with pain. The boy moved away from her, his face emotionless, but his eyes shone with a murderous light. But she wasn't scared of him.

"You petching..." Vaaron didn't even finish his insult before he kicked her in the stomach, making the Yasi moan with pain and curl herself even more. Fortunately, she couldn't taste blood. The kick hadn't been that strong. "I'll petching kill you! You petching..."

"What's the matter, Vaaron?" she spat his name, with as much disdain as she could. "Have you forgotten how to say anything else other than petching?" it was a dangerous thing to say, specially with her in such a vulnerable position. The boy's face reddened, but before he could do anything, Syveris felt a sharp pain on her head, and winced. Looking at the floor, she saw the wooden eagle, tainted with red. When the Yasi felt the hot liquid falling from her head, she realized it was her own blood.

Growling, she jumped back on her feet, jumping on the Yasi and pushed him, as strong as she could. Vaaron fell, and she went straight to the smaller of the boys, sending another punch. The Yasi blocked it, though, and pushed her back to the floor, growling. Syveris could see what was coming, and she raised her arms, trying to at least protect her face. But the blow never came. Instead, she felt sharp nails digging in her wrist, and cried out, trying to get her arm free. But each time she moved, the pain grew, until she just gave up, panting with the effort of getting free.

"Listen to me, your dek licker." the boy growled at her, bringing his face close to hers, still holding her arms. "I'll make sure that you never, ever is going to be able to find a mentor, you hear me? You will grow to become some Chiet, or what is more likely, a stinking Dek, and I'll be Avora or Endal. Do you know a Wind Eagle is almost choosing me? And then, then I'll make sure that everyday of your life you spend working for me. You will be sorry for ever being born."

"Why?" she whispered, hating how her voice sounded rough and and low. She felt pathetic. "You're the ones who came bother me. I just..." the laugh interrupted her, and the boy released her arms, his whole body shaking. Syveris frowned. What was so funny about it?

"Are you stupid?" he was having trouble with speaking and laughing at the same time. "Why would I spend my time trying to punish you? You'll fall on your own, with all the fights you pick. I was just teasing, but I've never seen you so scared. You deserve it, for punching me like that. I was just fighting with words, a fight that you started, and you punched me. So think of this as a little revenge." the boy smiled. She hated his smile already. "But if an Endal ever bothers you, please tell me, so I can congratulate him. Let's go, Vaaron."

The taller boy smiled to her too, but it wasn't nearly as unsettling as the others smile. However, when he raised the wood eagle for her to see, and then stuffed it into his pocket, Syveris couldn't hold the tears anymore.

"Give it back!" she yelled, raising from the ground and running after the boy. However, strong arms caught her, holding her in place.

"What the petch is going on here?"

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fight & Revenge

Postby Syveris on November 8th, 2013, 6:29 pm

It was a Chiet woman. When her eyes fell on the girl on her arms, bleeding and crying, she let out a surprised shriek, and her expression changed quickly to anger. The following screams, Syveris blocked off, as she was so good on doing. Probably something as how they shouldn't fight, and how they would be punished. The same annoying thing. However, when the smaller boy spoke, the Yasi's head shot up, staring at him.

"No, no, we weren't fighting!" Syveris eyed him, suspicious. How did he want to convince the woman they weren't fighting? She was bleeding on her head, and one of the boys had blood on his nose. True, it wasn't much blood, and her head was bleeding just a little, since the cut hadn't been to big nor it had been too deep. But still, she couldn't see how the boy would get away with it. "You see, me and my friend here were trying to scare her, just a little prank. But she got too scared and punched me in the face. She is even crying, see? I guess the prank upset her too much." Syveris gaped at him. What was he? An idiot? There was no way the Chiet could believe this shyke.

"What about the scratches? How did he got them? And how this young lady got both this scratch and the cuts on her wrists?" then Syveris gaped at the woman. What was she? An idiot? It wasn't possible that she was truly believing this stupid lie.

"Vaaron here gets falconry lessons. The last one was a bit troublesome, right?" the idiotic Yasi nodded, in agreement, and Syveris fought with the need to scowl at him. "I don't know about her, but just ask around. Anyone can tell you how she always gets into trouble. Probably from another fight." so that was what it was all about. She got in trouble while they got out of it?

"Is that true?"

"Yes." she answered, forcing the words out of her mouth. "But I got them because I was climbing the Edge. I fell." the Yasi wouldn't be dragged down. If the others could get away that easily, so she would, too.

The Chiet spent an entire chime looking at them, as if trying to decide whatever they were telling the truth or not. Syveris thought she might be really stupid. Or maybe she just didn't want to trouble herself with them. Probably the later. No one could believe there hadn't been a fight amongst them. In the end, the woman just shrugged, and assigned three extra bendi for each one. Three! And all of them in some boring place, while the other boys were assigned to clean the Aeries, or something! Why was this stupid and uncaring woman so unfair? The Yasi should have told the truth. But then, she would get into more trouble than now.

And then the Inarta raised Syveris on her arms, saying some stupid thing about getting her to the Infirmary. The Yasi scowled, still fighting the tears. This Chiet must really not want to have to deal with troublesome Yasi. Otherwise, she wouldn't have 'believed' that stupid lie. But then, she didn't have any proof, since she obviously hadn't seen the fight, only the part were the smaller boy was laughing and Syveris had run to him, and that the three of them were saying that there hadn't been a fight. Maybe it was just easier for her to accept their story and assign a punishment, trying to make sure they wouldn't do it again.

Syveris hoped a Wind Eagle pooped in the heads of both boys.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fight & Revenge

Postby Syveris on November 8th, 2013, 6:48 pm

She was left on the Infirmary, where one of the healers took care of her scratch. It hadn't been serious, and it would heal in no time. As if she needed him to tell her that. But the man still made her stay at least for the night, to make sure her head hadn't suffered any injury from the fall. Syveris had only scowled at that, but she was glad to be left alone in the bed, musing her thoughts.

If it had been only the fight, Syveris wouldn't have minded it too much. It happened, with her more than others, but it was true that she kind of started most of them. However, Vaaron had taken her wood eagle, and for that he would pay. It was the only thing the Yasi had that she cared about, and it was the only toy she had ever had fun with. While holding the small eagle, she would dream of becoming an Endal, and the simple thought of it would made her smile. Taking it away from her was like taking the only fun she could have on the Yasi section. If the boys had thought they would get away with it, they were very, very mistaken.

But what had bothered her the most had been the words. They were true, most of them, anyway. She hadn't been chosen as an apprentice, and if she didn't hurry, she would be assigned to either be a Chiet or a Dek. It brought tears to her eyes once again, and she brushed them away, angry. She would succeed. She had to.

But meanwhile, she would think of how she could get revenge. Because they had hurt her more than just physically, and they had gotten away with it. Rolling to her side, Syveris closed her eyes, pressing her hand against the mattress. What could she do? The Yasi wanted to kill them, but she knew this wish would be gone as soon as she had actually done it. She wasn't that stupid. But if she could stop them from becoming Avora, then she certainly would.

She would take revenge on Vaaron, as it had been the boy that had taken her eagle away. As for the other, she would punch him in the first chance she got. Right now, though, she should focus on revenge.

What could she do? It was too innocent to think that, if she went to his soon-would-be mentor and told him or her about the fight, Vaaron would loose his apprenticeship, specially if he was good. Syveris was sure he wasn't, if the rumours were to be believed, but he was at least good enough to be chosen.

Maybe she would make him look bad, worse than he was. Maybe she would make him loose his falcon or something. The Yasi smiled to herself. Yes, she would do so. More relaxed, she then began to plan ways that the boy could die in Wind Reach. Not that she would actually put such plans into actions, but to think about it was nice, on that moment.

Maybe he would be chosen by an Wind Eagle, but then, he would be proven unworthy by loosing all the game in his hunts, and he would be dropped. Musing both that and another plans, Syveris rolled over her other side, closing her eyes and finally sleeping.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fight & Revenge

Postby Harrier on December 8th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Skills Amount
Intimidation 3
Unarmed Combat 3
Subterfuge 1

Lore
Clipped: a proper insult
Vaaron: harasser
Dirty blood; Dek blood
Brawling with the boys
Don't bring words to a fist fight
Chiet Teachers believe anything
Plotting Vaaron's Revenge

Additional Comments: Oh the bullying! Nice try with the lying. I gave you a point in subterfuge for her attempted deceit.

(c) abstract
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal