Solo I. A Crack in the Armor (Part 2)

[The White Swan Inn]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

I. A Crack in the Armor (Part 2)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 9th, 2013, 2:02 am

39th of Fall, 513 AV
The White Swan Inn
14th Bell
Continued from here

Tired blue eyes lazily shifted about the upscale inn as the squire closed the door behind him. He'd hardly gotten any sleep the previous evening, and what little he did manage had been restless. Tossing and turning in the night on a bed not meant for someone his size had left him weary and exhausted. Thoughts raced across his mind ceaselessly from dusk til dawn, leaving Orion worse for wear. He was used to the struggles of sleeping on a bed meant for someone much smaller than him, but with everything that was weighing on his mind, it may have proved to be too much.

Motioning for the server to bring him a drink, Orion silently took a seat at an open chair. It was mid afternoon at this point, not one of the busiest times of the day, but he couldn't get away from Dinah any sooner than now. If he'd tried, she would have asked questions, and he didn't want her snooping at all. If she found out whom he was working for there were likely to be issues. It was better to avoid that situation all together. The round, mostly empty tables gave him position to get a good look at the room and its patrons, but he still wasn’t quite sure what he was looking for. To deal with Mr. Weaver directly had seemed risky from the start.

Orion wasn’t a businessman, so to go poking around about his wares on more than a surface glance would be extremely suspicious. He’d still needed to know what the man looked like, and for two reasons. One, he wanted to avoid him entirely if possible, and two, it could help him listen in on or even ask questions of people who seemed to know this man.

”Thank you,” Orion said as he took the cup of ale from the server.

”Will you be having anything to eat, friend?”

Orion shook his head, raising the mug to him in appreciation. ”Not at the moment. I’ll be sure to flag you down if I should change my mind.” He offered up the coins to the server who then went about his business of tending to the various patrons. Orion stared down into the murky liquid as he had just the day before. Feelings hadn’t improved about the task he was undertaking, and he knew he could still just walk away and forget the coin, but at this point, he didn’t really want to. He was torn. Was he being disloyal by doing this? Was he going against what he was hoping to become? In some corner of his being, he actually wanted to do this, wanted to defy Dinah and give her a real reason to doubt him. It was childish, yes, but so was the way she’d treated him.

Of the couple dozen people that were in the room, none of them really met the description of the man he would be asking about. That was a good sign, but for now he would have to bide his time and decide how to go about approaching this task. While he was observant and knew how to question people, he didn't really know how to go about it subtly. Time would tell if he could figure that out or not.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)