Closed [Tisuma Baths] To take what isn't yours (Marrin)

An offended Avora takes advantage of a situation, but gets foiled!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Tisuma Baths] To take what isn't yours (Marrin)

Postby Lavira on November 10th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Timestamp: Fall 84, 513

Pool six was hot enough to leave her skin very red, but she didn’t care. It was the lavender and oils on the edges of the pool that she wanted, Vira sinking down into the chest-deep water and sitting on the ledge. She took one of the sponges and squeezed out some of the soaps onto it before scrubbing it across her already reddened skin from the previous scrapings. It helped soothe the irritated flesh and release the endorphins she needed to relieve her tense muscles.

For several chimes she did this ritual before relenting and turning around to lay her head on her arms over the edge of the pool once again, the position the same as before. The water lapped at her bare body and helped to lull her closer and closer to a state of hypnotic relaxation. She released a breath and let her mind drift, unaware of the soft slap of bare feet on stone that was approaching her. She didn’t even pay attention when another slipped into the water as well, figuring it was simply another bather come to relax in one of the hotter pools. Who was she to deny their desire for a soothing bath.

And at first, Vira remained oblivious to the presence behind her. Until she felt a finger trail down her spine from her shoulders to rump once more. For the second time, her eyes shot open and she was turning around to spot that same bastard from before. She hadn’t noticed it before because she’d been trying to avoid a confrontation with anyone; but now, faced with the figure alone this time. Vira observed he had dark blue eyes with flecks of green at the edges. The pupils were larger than they should have been and she wondered some if maybe he was high on something. It wasn’t unheard of, afterall!

His hair was a dark chocolate with streaks of blonde in it, no hint of red even discernible. He didn’t even look Inartan! His skin was darker than most and he lacked the freckles common of the race. That, and he was probably a good foot and a half taller than she was. Was he a human? Or some kind of mixed blood from Vantha? Still, it wasn’t the broad-shouldered man’s skin, eye, or hair color that she cared as much about. It was the hand which flattened over her mouth before she could utter a word.

His lips curled into a dark smile and a hand slipped between her legs making her eyes go wide. She kneed him and pushed at his chest with her right hand, her left trying to make him let go. “Awful brave of a Dek to go hurting an Avora. Good thing you’re pretty.” The man said in a growling whisper. Vira shook her head violently at him, green-gold eyes wide and frightened, her mind screaming for Mohya, the word RAPE reverberating across the link as she sent the eagle what she was seeing and feeling as well.

Oh god, Mohya! Mohya! Kovac! Help!

He was beyond too close for comfort, his body intimately near and his eyes roaming her nude form whilst tongue licked at his lips. “Maybe when I’m done, we’ll go back to my place. Bed’s broken no thanks to the storm…but we don’t need a bed, huh beautiful?” Her eyes glistened with tears as he used a knee to push her legs apart and leverage her up a little, the lip of the pool cutting into her back painfully.

Was this actually happening?! Where were the attendants? They couldn’t seriously think she was a Dek after a full season working as an Endal! It was ludicrous! Vira gasped for breath against the intrusive hand, still pushing with hers to get him back before lifting a hand and clawing at his face. She managed to catch one of her nails against the eyelid of the fiend and cut it but it did not stop him. That’s when she noticed an ear ring in one of his ears, and immediately, her hand shot for it, grabbing the ball and ripping it down hard.

The Avora snarled at her and pressed that hand against her mouth even more, his thick fingers biting against her jaw and making the joints creak threateningly. “Stupid bitch!” He did not release her though, his other hand having left from between her legs, the unwelcome sensations ceasing so that he could jab his index finger against her chest. "Stop fighting or I'll break your petching jaw!" The warning was fierce and he made his presence known by withdrawing his knee and letting her feel a far more unwelcome object. Petch he was serious!
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Words: 596082
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Marrin on November 11th, 2013, 7:07 am

Marrin’s day had been a long one. He’d spent most of the day helping reconstruct some of the more vital living areas that had been damaged by the storm, and he’d ended up covered in stone dust and grime. His hair was knotted and caked with grey mud, a small twig emerging from it thanks to a quick fall from a tree earlier in the day. His face was covered in soot, leaving his icy blue eyes the only recognizable part of his day to day appearance. Either way, he made his way to the baths swiftly, as to get rid of the muck as soon as possible. He strode through the halls, passing a few Dek mopping up the walkway entrance to the bath he was looking to attend.

When he slipped around the corner, he could feel something wrong in the air. He could hear quiet muttering, muffled yelps from one of the pools further in. When he peeked around the corner he saw a man, a foreigner by the look of him, hand clapped over the mouth of a familiar face. Lavira. She was struggling, trying to escape his grasp but he wasn’t relenting. They were alone in there together, and there was nobody to help her should she actually get to cry out. Nobody but him.

His idea was wicked, fitting for such a vile man abusing one of Wind Reach’s most prized people, and in Marrin’s mind the best among them. His steps were rushed, back to the Dek who were swabbing the hallway with their mops and brooms. If he could make it back to her in time, perhaps he could save her before something terrible happened. He wasn’t sure what the man wanted, but he’d seen the way she’d torn out his earring. He’d bled into the pool, but had barely even flinched himself. Marrin would need something greater than his fists if he was going to save his friend.

Nabbing one of the brooms from the Dek, he propped it against the wall and slammed the heel of his foot down on the joint between the broom handle and the straw that splayed out at the bottom. He heard the handle crack, and after a bit of wiggling it came free, much resembling a fighting staff. Marrin would have smiled at the irony of the experience, but the situation was far too dire. The two of them had met in the fighting ring, and she’d taught him a thing or two about fighting with a staff. Those lessons now might very well save her life.

His steps were fast but quiet, Marrin putting all his hunting experience into moving as swiftly and quietly as possible. He rounded corner after corner before finally coming into view of Lavira and the rapist. He seemed preoccupied, enjoying the look of pure terror on the marred face of his Endal friend. Marrin gripped the broken end of the pole, making its reach far longer and its singular striking end far more powerful. Winding up, he swung for the back of the man’s head as soon as he was in range.
"Speech in an italic font is spoken in Nari."
"Speech in unmodified font is spoken in Common."
"Speech in bold font is NPC speech."
Nonspeech text in italic font is internal dialog.
Marrin
Slave to an Unknown Destiny

Words: 94562
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2013, 3:45 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on November 11th, 2013, 12:43 pm

The hand which had jabbed against her chest moved to encircle her throat now, large and tight, cutting off what air she'd already struggled to get as her eyes cinched shut once more. The hand on her mouth moved away and down, roughly handling first one and then the other breast as he ground against her.

That same hand would continue southward, scratching at her abdomen before reaching what he wanted. Vira's hands were too busy trying to make the man let go of her neck to stop anything else now and the raw terror that shot across the Bond with Mohya surrounded the woman to a palpable level. Her lips had lightened as he allowed only the most minimal of breaths through, enough to keep her from calling for help, that was certain. She was aware of what was coming and it horrified her. Why was nobody stopping this?

And then...CRACK!!!

The hand upon her neck released and the man was sliding to the side away from her, cursing and rubbing at his head, caught completely by surprise. Vira gasped, half-sinking in the water before she was turning away from the assaulter to crawl up the edge of the pool and pull herself out, water spilling everywhere. Her movements were slow and slightly jerky as she managed to haul herself out, nearly collapsing as she worked to get air through her system.

The man who'd called himself Avora had recovered and his first thought was to go for HER! He looked around, spotting Marrin at the pools edge too, and the girl at his feet. He growled again and started towards them both, spitting at the both of them. "Petching kid, that was my fare!" He lied, one foot on the ledge that would let him pull himself out. His size suggested he was probably a forger of some kind, probably working around the smithing ovens all day.

"Your fare?!" Vira shouted back. "You were trying to rape me!!" She grabbed a sponge, dry and coarse in her grip, and hurled it at the man, her legs bent so that she was resting on her hip, held up by one hand.

"And? You're a Dek, you take it like the licker you are and be done with it. And you-" His eyes turned onto Marrin then, accusing and furious. "I'll have your caste for striking an Avora, boy." He didn't get much further than that before the ginger laid into him again, crimson hair dark from the water.

"Excuse me? I am not a dek, you piece of shyke. My name is Endal Lavira. La-vi-ra, not some ass in the baths you can pick up for your own sick dallying." her voice was somewhat hoarse from the near-strangling he'd cause, her groin slick. "Petching asshole, I'll have your cock for even trying something like that!" Though hoarse, it was clear that the teen was fighting back tears, she swallowing hard and trying to keep her voice from shaking.

Finally, her eyes went up to her salvation, and was surprised to find Marrin standing there with a broken broom in his hand. She couldn't afford to address him yet, though, not until this nightmare was resolved.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marrin on November 12th, 2013, 7:21 am

As soon as Lavira was out of the water, Marrin’s hand was out to her, offering her a hand up. She seemed shaken, on the verge of tears, and Marrin could feel his eyes glazing over with icy rage. As soon as the man began to speak his fury became glacial, his face flat and frozen, incensed. As soon as he made a move for her, he was between the two of them, staff pointed at him offensively as if, were he to move, he’d find himself impaled rather quickly. The tip was blunt, but the look in Marrin’s eye said that particular detail would simply make the activity more interesting.

As soon as she finished speaking, Marrin took his chance, staring the man in the eye and pulling the staff from a spearing grip to a yin yan grip, to provide more versatility as well as to look more intimidating. He wanted to hurt this man, to break him for what he’d done to Lavira and what he’d intended to do. He was a monster and didn’t deserve his place among the people of Wind Reach, didn’t deserve to live as far as Marrin was concerned. It was beyond safe to say that Marrin hated rapists.

”It’s rather obvious to me that you don’t know who you’re talking to, so allow me to make myself perfectly clear.” His voice was low and quiet, beyond serious, full of ice and frostbite. He wanted with all his being to kill this man for violating his friend, for calling her a Dek and for simply being him. No, death was too good for this man. He deserved far worse. ”This is Endal Lavira, and I am Endal Segro. Now, we can manage this one of two ways, the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is where you run to the Valintar and apologize for attempting to rape an Endal and for threatening and insulting another. You do that and you may get away with demotion to Dek or peaceful exile. But the hard way…” A sadistic smile played upon the corners of his lips, a great fire suddenly erupting behind his eyes. It was the fire of hatred, of oblivion and of destructive desire. They were Ivak’s eyes. ”Let’s just say I really hope you choose the hard way.”

He’d lied about being Endal, but he hoped the man wasn’t about to read him as well as Lavira had been able to on their first meeting. If he guessed that Marrin was any less than Endal, his entire story fell apart and he’d think he was no more than a pitiful Chiet defending his Dek friend. But if he attacked them, his death would be justified. His friend was escaping an attempted rape scene, and Marrin was defending the honor of an Endal. Unless he died here at the hands of this lunk and Lavira was indeed raped, there was no way he could lose. He’d fight until his last breath. Friendship and honor ment something to him, and hatred was fuel for his fires.
Marrin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on November 12th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Vira couldn't believe what she was seeing and hearing. Marrin wasn't just sticking up for her; the Avora was lying about it! But the teen wouldn't be the one to rat him out; let the ruse play and it might save her life. However, one thing the young man said to the other bothered her: let him run and apologize and be demoted or deal with a stick... After what had nearly happened, neither option gave justice.

Accepting Marrin's help. She put herself slightly behind the hunter, one arm covering her chest and her body angled away from the offender to protect the rest of her from his leering. "To Dek? Petch that, I'll see him thrown into the fires first!" Her voice had cracked and she stopped holding the tears back, her whole body trembling. "You should be ashamed! I can't believe you would do that!" Assault wasn't unheard of between upper and lower classes, though it almost always involved an Avora or Endal blackmailing a Dek into service.

There'd been some odd rumor around for a while about something going on with another Endal that involved some right ass of an Avora, but Vira never invested much in rumors.

The man was speaking again, "Hmph, you look about as much Endal as she, boy!" But it was clear he wasn't pushing the envelope as he stopped, one foot on the edge of the pool in a half-climb out of it. Others were starting to gather at the commotion, including a few other strong-arms that were used to clean the pools as needed. They were Chiets, but they looked to mean business as they entered.

"Well let me just get my bird and she can decide for you. Save us and the Valintar plenty of time." This, Vira spat in a half-sob. "I can probably have you castrated and strung up in the courtyard for such an act!" Questions were starting to come from those gathering but Vira was not able to handle it anymore and with jaw clenched, she stormed out and to the drying and dressing room, her whole body trembling and feet slapping on the smooth stone of the floor.

Mohya, Mohya did you find Kovac?

~I did, lass; what happened?~

The concern in the eagles mind-voice was palpable and were it not for her inability to do so, she would have torn through the mountain to get to her rider from the awful sensations that had been sent to her.

Good...I'm going to go cry for a while, I think...tell him to meet us at the Valintar's office. I'll have that petchers head. Exile's too good for the likes of him.

~Are you okay?~

I will be once I have his head.

The teen was trying to put on a good face as she stomped past the remaining pools and entered the dressing area, leaving Marrin to make sure the bastard was taken to the Valintars office for her. The Avora could beg for mercy all he wanted, but that was a terrible crime, almost as bad as killing a bird.

Inside the dressing room, a pair of chiet women stood to one side, noting who'd arrived. One hastened to fetch her cleaned clothes while the other started to step up to the shaking girl, a towel offered. "Get out." She said, a tremor in her hoarse voice. "Please...just...just get out. I need some privacy." Vira followed the young woman (who, she noticed, kept glancing back too) with her eyes and waited for her to leave before she moved to a corner in the room, the towel unravelled and hanging at her side.

The Endal then began sliding to the floor, a hand rising to cover her mouth as the sobs at last came and tears poured in a torrential outflow down her cheeks. She gasped through her hands as her butt touched the floor and the towel as pulled one-handed around herself, trying to cover up and hide in its downy warmth. Through it all, she had never even learned the assholes name to make sure she would be able to follow up.

She tried to remember the details of his face as and nude body as she crouched there and sobbed, but summoning the image brought the unwelcome feel of his hand over her mouth and between her legs, fondling and touching and 'readying' her. Vira's throat constricted then, her face contorted miserably, until she could hold it no more. The sob escalated into a scream, muffled only by the presence of her hand over her mouth.

------------------------------

The man in the pool, however, was now being hauled out by two of the other strong-arms where a fine crowd had gathered and whispers among the other bathers began to flick through. He was trying to defend his actions. "She's lying and he's lying! It's a crime to impersonate an Endal and you know it! Kaden won't do a thing to me, I'm one of the best smiths in the city!" Which wasn't quite true, but the arrogance of blacksmiths was nearly as bad as the archers. "Petcher, take my caste? I'll have YOURS!!"
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marrin on November 13th, 2013, 7:19 am

Marrin knew little of the world of blacksmith and forgers, they were simply another branch of his caste he’d never been too interested in. They made his arrow heads from their scrap metal, and he never paid much more attention to their type than that. However, when the man boasted he was one of the best smiths in the city, Marrin didn’t know any better than to believe him. If that was true, Kaden wouldn’t want to lose his best forger and just might let him off the hook for the heinous act simply because of his abilities. Marrin wasn’t going to let that happen.

Without thinking, he jabbed the stick at the boys throat, looking to damage his windpipe but not to kill him. He held back his power, perhaps scaling it too far back to do anything significant, but he was too blind by fury to care. He wanted this man in the infirmary, where he would be named and trackable and unable to speak to anyone for some time. That would give him and Lavira time to plan their revenge on the man. So he jabbed at the man’s throat with the blunt, unshattered end of his makeshift staff, his struggle making it a more difficult strike than his surprise attack, but the fact that he was being held in place making it far easier than it could have been. He wouldn’t have stood a chance against the lug in a common fighting arena, but as it was he was surrounded by people trying to help him.

Whether or not he hit, he instructed the Chiet firmly and with a metered tone. ”See to it that this man makes it to the infirmary, and put him on heavy sedatives. Wouldn’t want him causing any more trouble before justice is served.”

Just then, as the halls were beginning to die down and the commotion ceased, he heard Lavira’s muffled cries from the women’s dressing room. People were starting to take less interest in him and more the man who was being taken away, giving him a chance to escape and help his friend. Gods, I can’t imagine what that must be like… Women in this world, as far as Marrin had experienced, had it off far worse than the men did. They were objects of desire, trophies for which men would compete and ‘win’, often without the girls consent. It wasn’t formalized, wasn’t a large part of their culture, but it was enough to make him sick. Now Lavira had been made an object. That was unacceptable.

Staff clattering to the ground, Marrin jogged his way to the entrance of the dressing room, listening to the girl’s muffled sobs. He scooped up a discarded towel, soaked but available to him, and wrapped it around his waist as to not cause the girl further trauma. ”Lavira?” he called, his voice gentle and calm. ”Is that you?”
Marrin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on November 13th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Identifying the man would be instrumental when the case was brought to the Valintar; but the young woman was not known for being that deceitful! She had always been honest to a fault and a painfully hard worker, even Kaden would know that. Had he not been impressed when he'd received word of her ascension into the ranks of Endal?

With her hand still over her mouth, the teen wailed, her cries as muffled as she could make them as she sat there in the corner and wept. The bottom of the towel and back of it was soaked from the floor and her hair, and it now clung to her like clothes that had been doused in steam, the humid air making it all the more sticky.

When Marrin came around the corner, calling out, she jumped, her sobs going into a choked silence as she stared towards the room. She thought for a moment that it might be that Avora again and prayed that her silence might make him go away. But then, the blonde hunter came around the corner with a towel around his hips and concern on his face. She lowered her hand slowly, gathering the towel more closely about her chest and squeezing her legs together even more tightly.

"I'm f-fine," She lied, her other hand pressing against the wall to help her get to her feet. "I n-needed to catch my breath, that's all...." Her gaze danced away to stare at the floor to the left of her, trying to avoid looking at the mixed blood. She couldn't stop the flow from her eyes, but she could at least talk relatively calmly. "I need to report this to the V-Valintar, Marrin." Well, mostly calmly. "That guy can't be let off."

She sniffed, her face scrunching as if she was about to break down again, then lifted that single-eyed stare to the hunter. "T...Th-...Thank you, Marrin." No laughing about how bad he may or may not have been holding the broom handle, no joke about even using the broom. Just a simple show of relieved gratitude as the teen tried not to lose it where she stood. Her legs still felt fairly watery and she was sure if she tried to walk, she was going to collapse. Standing there was the only logical option.

"Did anybody take him in? K-Kaden may be at his office now i-i-if it made it out of the storm alright."
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marrin on November 14th, 2013, 7:32 am

His heart broke when he rounded the corner, seeing the girl curled into a ball, hand clapped over her mouth and tears rushing down her face. She looked pitiful, and Marrin could hardly stand it. She rose, acting tough so he wouldn’t be concerned or perhaps to convince herself that she was indeed alright. Marrin didn’t know, but he was sure that she needed him now. He stepped forward, offering his arm for stability but not reaching out to touch her. He didn’t want to be too aggressive in his action when she seemed so fragile.

”I’m… not sure that Kaden will do much… You’re certainly welcome to try, and I’ll back up whatever you tell him… but perhaps for him to get what he truly deserved, as sort of vigilante justice will have to be enacted. He’d one of the best blacksmiths in the city, and I worry that perhaps his necessity to the people will cloud the Valintar’s judgment and lead to punishment that would satisfy nobody that knew the truth of what happened here.” Ideas were already racing through his mind, morbid and cruel and worthy of Krysus but by no means unjustified. He wanted this man to suffer beyond his last breath, and if all he could manage was the time leading up to it, he was going to take full advantage of the opportunity.

When the girl thanked him, he wanted nothing more than to hug her and comfort the poor traumatized girl. Instead, he smiled, nodding in appreciation. ”It was nothing… Friends stick up for each other, right? I’m just glad I was in the right place at the right time to help…” She seemed wobbly, but Marrin was hesitant to reach out to her. He wanted to make sure he was alright, but he didn’t want to impose on her too much after the traumatic incident. He waited for the words or some sign that she needed further aid. He’d be there for her if she needed him. That was his job, he’d accepted it during their first conversation. She’d said it was safer for her if she hunted with a partner. It became clear to him now that she didn’t just need it out in the wilds, but in her home town as well. When everyone thought you were Dek, everyone felt entitled to everything you had.

An inkling found its way into his mind in that moment, one that went against much of what he’d grown up believing. Maybe Dek are people, too. It was a dangerous thought, but connecting Lavira to the Dek… it made them all seem so much… less bad? He knew how kind and good Lavira was at heart, and if she could be mistaken for a Dek in a heartbeat, perhaps the real Dek were being judged too soon as well. Maybe the title they held didn’t make them bad to begin with.

”I sent him to the infirmary… He’ll be put on sedatives there for safe keeping and won’t go anywhere. We have a choice to make here, whether or not to involve the Valintar. I leave the choice to you, and I’ll support your decision either way. Both ways have their positives and negatives, but in the end you are the victim and I leave you to be the judge. You have all the time in the world, so please don’t feel pressured to rush your decision.”
Marrin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lavira on November 14th, 2013, 4:17 pm

The young woman stared at him in disbelief, her mouth slightly open. He wasn't intentionally defending the man, but he seemed to have little faith in Kaden's decision making skills. "The Valintar sees to the smooth operation of Wind Reach both day to day and long term. One of his jobs is ensuring the citizens are safe! Assaulting an Endal is a crime, Marrin, no matter how you sugar coat it or how much that bastard claims his value to be in this city. I've been around the forges before and I don't remember seeing him. Mastersmith Avik would know in an instant, though and would vouch for or against him. But you are right...he will get what he deserves, but it must be done through the proper channels."

Did she honestly believe that? Did she truly believe that man would have the right justice served just because they went about it the lawful way? Vira was not a rule-breaker by nature, following directives as close to the letter as she could and rarely straying from the beaten path. In that sense, she was very much an Inartan, resisting change in terms of ordinances. Unspoken that it was, Vira did not believe in her own words. She feared the worst that would happen is the man would receive a public beating and then be stripped of his rank, demoted fully to Dek status. It, even to Vira, would be better than he deserved.

Her mind went to Kovac, then, knowing that she would have to tell him; but fear held her tongue and as she stood there, she began to cry again, leaning a little against Marrin's offered arm. She felt so violated and stripped of some of her own sense of security! No, she didn't just feel violated, she HAD been! Kovac was going to kill the man, that she was one hundred percent certain of. And even then it would be too good for him. She closed her eyes and reached to Mohya.

~You know what's going to happen, child...~

I know...

~Then you know what will follow.~

I know...

~Are you willing to go that route? If you are caught, it could be dangerous for you and Kovac. Will this young man you are with follow?~

Marrin; I don't know...Maybe?

~If you are exiled, you know I cannot go with you.~

If we are exiled, it will be done because we enacted justice that was deserved. That man should pay properly and no coin or beating can account for it. Mohya, he tried to rape me!

~I know, love...Be strong and do not let your anger cloud your reasoning.~

I'll try to be.

The mental conversation lasted about three chimes in all and during that time, the teen had neither moved nor opened her eyes. When she finally did, she stepped away from Marrin to look for her clothing, mindful to hold the towel tightly around herself. She searched the various cubbies before at last locating her stuff. They were cleaned and dried and folded neatly as she pulled the bryda out.

The garment was held loosely in her hands, single eye staring somewhat blankly at it as she finally spoke. "Yes, I am the victim...but he still needs to be addressed appropriately by the authorities. It's...it's only right." But not fair...

Vira went to the bench and sat. She unfolded her bryda and opened the legs, using one hand to hold the towel while she stepped into it. Turning her back on Marrin, the Endal pulled the bryda up under the towel and around her waist. From there, she returned to the cubby and grabbed her vinati. Only then was the towel removed, her back still to Marrin as she wrapped the garment under her breasts first and knotted it with ease behind her. The long soak she'd had had helped to relax her, making this process easier. Once the first knot was completed, the top was pulled up over chest and the second part knotted behind her neck.

"I just...I can't believe someone would do something like that." She finally said once she had finished dressing. The woman turned around to face her friend again, her face pale with wariness. "You know, this is exactly why I avoided this place when I was a nesting attendant. I didn't want to get into situations like this because who would stand by me if something like that happened? No one! I didn't want to become some assholes cushion. And now.." She sniffled, wiping under her nose with the back of her hand and closing her eyes to swallow the tears.

"Marrin, would you mind walking me to the Common rooms? Our Aerie was hit hard by the storms and is still being cleaned up. If Kovac's there, he'll want to thank you..."
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marrin on November 16th, 2013, 5:55 am

She seemed adamant about going through the common channels to handle this situation. Though Marrin would concede to her choices, it did not satisfy him. Assaulting an Endal was a crime, that was true, but was it enough to cast away a blacksmith in these trying times? The hunters depended on the smiths for arrowheads to replace ruined ones, and everyone depended on the hunters to survive. Surely one so high up the chain would recognize the loss this could be to Wind Reach should it be handled improperly. However, if he was killed, it would be one less mouth to feed and less responsibility for the hunters. Being the Valintar must be impossible, Marrin thought to himself. I could never make such dire decisions like this among handling running an entire civilization.

Despite the certainty and conviction in her voice, there was an air of indecision about Lavira, her eyes betraying how unsure she was about her decision. He wanted her to take it back, to instead move for a more direct form of justice. He’d already been imagining things to do to the boy, vile and painful things befitting of his crime. They were dark thoughts, ones that would make him uncomfortable later on when reflecting upon this time in his life, but for now vengeance clouded his judgment. He wanted justice, and justice didn’t feel like a slap on the wrist and a demotion, which was all Marrin could be certain the Valintar would do.

[i]”I understand,”
he said finally, when she made her decision clear, his disappointment unable to be hidden. As soon as she’d begun to dress he’d turned his back to her, doing his best to be polite. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable, especially after such a sensitive incident revolving around her sexual appeal. He didn’t want to soil the purity of his support for her plight by making her feel as if he had similar intentions to the vile blacksmith.

When she addressed him directly again he thought it safe to turn around, smiling a nod to her over his shoulder. ”I’d be happy to walk you there. I may need to dress quickly, first, but that shouldn’t take horribly long.” In all the excitement he’d been unable to take his bath, though now it was the furthest thing from his mind. None the less, leaving the baths in nothing but a dirty, wet towel seemed like it would draw a little too much unwanted attention. ”Do you feel safe being alone for a short while or would you prefer to accompany me?”
Marrin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next