Flashback Drowning the Sorrows

Syveris goes to the Inclement Weather for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 4:35 pm

31st-32nd of Summer, 513 AV

She had cried almost all night, and she had cried almost all day, her work in the Reverie being delayed because of it. She finished late, but at least she had finished it. Virat sent her home and told her to relax, do something fun to take her head out of the subject that was bothering her. Syveris was extremely grateful to her mentor. She was sure he knew what it was, since it had been him that brought her own feelings for Arin to her attention, but even so he said nothing about it.

Syveris had tried to stay in her rooms, wishing that Arin would go to her and explain. The Avora wasn't even sure about what she wanted explained. She was sure that, if the man appeared on her door and just stayed there, quiet, she would be happy all the same. All Syveris wanted was something different from the coldness and indifference he always showed.

But no one came, and, at night, she was tired of waiting, tired of hoping he would appear. It wasn't like him, to go after her. It had always been the Avora who always searched for him in the Enclave, or on his rooms, when she wanted to spend time with him. He wouldn't change this habit now.

Angry, Syveris rubbed her face, cleaning the tears from her eyes. She didn't care anymore, than! She would just forget. He was a stupid and terrible friend, anyway.

Jumping from the couch, the Avora walked out of her room, her foot taking her to a place she knew it would help her to forget: the Inclement Weather. She had never been there before, but she heard many things about the place, and she supposed it was her best choice, right now.

When she reached the Inclement Weather, she entered the place, looking around. The dim light gave the whole room a warm and welcoming feeling, and the loud music being plaid filled her being with an hesitant happiness. The Inclement Weather, with its lights and alcoves, the people dancing and laughing at each other... It was a place where she didn't have to worry about anything. Once she stepped in, she left all her worries behind. This was the feeling the Inclement gave her.

Syveris walked to the far end of the club, registering every detail she could in her mind, if only to have something to do. When she looked straight ahead again, she saw she had reached the bar. Squeezing herself between two Inartans, she looked at the barman mixing the drinks, and wondered if she should order something. Syveris had never drunk before, and she didn't quite enjoyed the descriptions she had heard. But then, this had been when she didn't want to forget everything for a moment, so maybe she would give it a shot.

The Avora looked at the barman, unsure about what she should do. Should she just ask for something? But she didn't know what they served there, so how could she order? She was feeling lost, something that was probably showing on her face, because the woman in her left leaned towards her, and asked, in a voice that could be considered a whisper in that place.

"Hey, dear, are you alright?" when Syveris didn't answer, the woman shook her head, and patted her in the back. "Heart problems, am I right? Hey, Tom, give my friend here an Eagle Cocktail. It's on me." the barman nodded, and the woman's attention turned to her. "So, sweetie, are you going to tell me what's wrong? Was he pretty? The boy who broke your heart."

"Very." Syveris whispered, almost uncounsciously. She blushed, hard, turning her gaze away from the woman. Who was she, anyway? Syveris didn't knew her, she was very sure of that.

"Ah, I see." the other nodded, and Syveris eyed her. "The pretty ones are the worst. They become owners of our heart, just to throw it away, don't they?" well, Syveris' heart had no owner, she was her own master and that was it. She might love Arin, but the feeling would go away, sometime. But she said nothing. "Tom, give her as many drinks as she likes, alright? I pay. Now, if you all excuse me, I'll go fetch myself some handsome man." with that, the woman left, going to the dancing floor and leaving Syveris behind, wondering what had just happened. The woman was drunk, that was the only explanation the Avora could find.

x Poppy
Last edited by Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Syveris wasn't sure whatever to feel relieved or sad that the woman had gone away. The subject of the conversation had been uncomfortable, as the last thing she wanted to think about right now was Arin. However, the babbling had been welcomed, as it kept her loneliness away. Changing her focus, she looked at the barman, watching as he shook the mix and poured it into a wine glass.

The Avora glared at the glass, not really sure if she should drink it. She rested her head in her arms, and watched the ice cubes in the cup.

"Is love always like that?" she whispered, as if the drink could answer her. "It took me so long to realize, and it had to be brought to my attention. And I wasn't even sure of it before I saw them together..." with the tip of her finger, she moved the glass, watching as the cubes shook inside. "What if I hadn't realized? What if, then? Would we still be friends, would I be by his side now? Or everything would have happened the same, only... Not now? Would I like that? Would I prefer that everything had fallen apart later?" the glass didn't answered, and Syveris sighed, taking it with one hand and drinking everything in one gulp.

Her head felt... Syveris didn't know how to describe it. The feeling was strange, as if her conciousness was fighting to escape her. It was stranger. But the taste of the drink... It was sweet, and it filled her mouth with an amazing taste. She motioned to the bartender to make her another one, and, while he did so, she stared at the wine glass once more.

"Empty, empty, empty." the words were still being whispered, as if she was afraid anyone else would hear it. "You're empty like I'm feeling now. But soon, you will be filled again, and no matter how much I empty you, you will be filled again." as if on cue, the bartender poured the drink on her glass again, and Syveris saw that he was eyeing her as if she was mad. "See? And me? Will I be filled again?" and once again, she drank all the content in one single gulp.

Once the bartender came to fill her cup once again, he glared at her. "I recommend you drinking a little slower, kid. Otherwise, you will be drunk in no time."

"Will I forget then?" Syveris asked, and frowned. "Is love like this thing, sir?" she asked the bartender. "You are filled and emptied, filled and emptied, for the rest of your days?" her only answer was another glare, and she returned her attention to the glass. "Is it? I bet it is. You would know that, so why don't you tell me?" as she drank her third glass, this time slower, she forgot what she was talking about. Frowning, she glared at the ceiling, and then at the glass again, this time really waiting for the object to answer. "Am I going mad?" she giggled to herself, finding the idea amusing, somehow.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 7:45 pm

"Of course not, darling. You are just drunk." a laugh came from behind her, and Syveris turned fast, feeling her head pound in protest. She grabbed the bar to keep herself up. "Easy, easy. You have never drunk before, have you?" Syveris looked at the man, seeing that he was slightly shorter than her, and had light brown hair, with black eyes. Not an Inarta, obviously.

"Who are you?" the Avora asked, not bothering to hide her curiosity. Outsiders always made her curious, and in her current state, she wasn't shy about showing it openly.

"I'm Ryeal. I've come to Wind Reach in hope to sell something in the Exotic Market this year." the man squeezed himself between her and another person, and turned fully to face Syveris, smiling. "Good thing I decided to take the day off and come here. We don't get this beautiful sight in Thunder Bay." Syveris looked around, trying to see what beautiful sight he was seeing inside the Inclement. She heard the man chuckle, and returned her eyes to him, not understanding what was funny.

"Outsiders are weird, aren't they?" she asked to her glass, and this time the man laughed, openly.

"Oh, dear. You're truly drunk, aren't you?" the voice was amiable, as was the small pat in the back he gave her. "Would you like another drink? I can buy it for you."

"Yes, I want it." Syveris giggled, happy. After three drinks, she had completely lost her logic, and she smiled at the glass she was still holding, as if it was a friend that had come to her to the Inclement. A friend and confident.

While they waited for the drinks, the man leaned against the bar, his eyes locked on her face. In the back of her mind, Syveris found that gesture familiar, as if there was someone who used to stare at her that way. However, she couldn't remember who. But her memory was agradable, and the man's stare was starting to make her uneasy, so she turned her gaze back to her glass.

"You were talking about love." the man mentioned, taking his drink and sipping at it. Syveris took her now full glass and gulped everything at once, again. The man laughed. Why the Avora couldn't remember his name? Hadn't he just told her? "You should really take it easy. But now, about love." he smiled, and leaned forward, locking his dark eyes on hers, and resting a hand on her knee. "Do you know what is the best way to forget a broken heart?"

"To fill it again." she whispered, looking at her glass. The man laughed once again, and Syveris pouted. She wasn't talking about filling the cup.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." he apologized, squeezing her knee reassuringly. "I'm not making fun of you. But no, the best way is to find someone else." he leaned forward even more, a sly smile on his lips. Was it true? Syveris looked at him, thinking. However, her mind didn't want to think, and she found herself leaning forward too, placing her lips on top of the man's.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 9:23 pm

The kiss was weird. His mouth was hot, but it tasted like alcohol, and Syveris didn't appreciate it. She wondered why everyone was so excited about this whole first kiss thing. It wasn't that good. Actually, it felt... normal, not even a little exciting. The Avora didn't know why she did it, but something was telling her that it had been the five drinks she had had. Or was it four? Syveris mused over it a little, as if it was something of extreme importance to know.

But a loud laugh interrupted her thoughts, and she looked at the man, confused. He was chuckling, his whole body moving. "Have you ever kissed?" he breathed between one chuckle and another. "You're really terrible at it!" his voice wasn't mean, he wasn't making fun of her, only seemed to be stating a fact, which was exactly why it hurt, a lot. First, she wanted to appologize. Then, she wanted to tell him it had probably been the alcohol. And finally, she felt anger rise inside her.

He had been the one talking about finding someone else, flirting with her, and now, he was comparing her with other women, just like Arin had. She thought her had, at least. Well, it didn't matter. What mattered was that the man was laughing at her, there were others sending her curious glances, and she felt humiliated. Syveris straightened her back, looking with disgust at him. She was offended, and he was going to pay.

"What are you laughing at, Vagik?" she used the insult for the first time, as she usually preferred the term 'Dek licker' to insult. However, this seemed more appropriate to an outsider like him. "You mouth reek of alcohol. Actually, you reek of alcohol all over." her voice was raising, and a few people were looking at them. She grinned, maliciously. "I may not be a good kisser, but at least I'm not clipped. You know, down there." Syveris pointed to the man's lap with her chin, her words, gaze and smile all insinuating the same. She heard some gasps and some giggles around her, and noticed that she was talking loudly enough for everyone around them to hear.

"You little shyke!" the man jumped on her direction, closing his hands on her throat, and pressing. Syveris' gasped, searching for air, clawing at the man's hands and trying to get free. "Petch!" the man exclaimed again, releasing her and looking at the the small drops of blood where she had managed to scratch him. His gaze returned to her, and he stepped forward, ready to strike again.

And then, his head was brusquelly pulled back, and Syveris stared at the man behind him, who was holding the others hair in a firm grip. She knew those blue eyes, but from where? With a startle, Syveris realized it was her mentor, and she gaped at him. What was Virat doing in the Inclement?

"Who are you, you shyke?" the man growled, trying to get free.

"I'm an Avora, with quite a few Endal friends." Virat answered, in a tone that most would think it was neutral, but Syveris knew it was annoyance and anger. "So, you will keep your foul hands away from my apprentice, and will refrain from insulting me. Are we clear?" the man didn't answer, still trying to get away, and Virat pulled his head even harder. "Are we clear?"

"Yes, yes, we are clear!" with that, Virat released him, reached forward and took Syveris wrist in a firm grip, although without hurting her, and dragged the Avora out of the Inclement and through the Inner Warrens.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Virat kept dragging her through the Inner Warrens, towards some destination Syveris didn't care about. She trusted her mentor. She tripped, once, giggling to herself, but Virat simply ignored it.

"Hey, Viraaat." she dragged his name, clenching to the man's arms to keep herself from falling. "What were you doing in the Inclement Weather?"

"What were you doing there." he answered, annoyance still in his voice. "If you can't drink, don't drink. It's not that hard to figure out, Syveris."

"But Virat." she pouted. "Arin made me do it. It's all his fault!" her mentor looked at her, opened his mouth to say something, and then shook his head, looking forward and just ignoring the drunk Avora clenched to his arm.

They reached a room she didn't recognized, and Virat ordered her to sit on the bed. Instead, Syveris walked to the bookshelf in the corner of the room, looking at the titles. They were all related to glasswork. One of them caught her attention, because it had no title, the cover being made of leather, and she ran her finger on it, thoughtfull.

"Why can't I be filled?" she whispered to the book, resting her head on the bookshelf. There she was, talking to objects again. "Every time, every time something fills me, it goes away, and leaves me empty. Why? Do I have a hole, from where everything leaks?" she wasn't really aware of what she was talking about anymore, but tears started to fall from her eyes, all the same. Syveris felt hands on her shoulders, and allowed her mentor to guide her to the bed, while she kept sobbing and crying.

A few chimes after, she was sleeping.
---

When Syveris awoke, her head was hurting, too much for her to even want to open her eyes. She grunted, and adjusted herself in the bed, feeling the mattress was weird. It didn't feel like her bed at all.

"Glad you woke up." the voice made her jump, sitting up too quickly. Her head protested loudly, and she leaned back on the wall behind her, grunting once more. Opening her eyes slowly, Syveris shot a questioning look at her mentor, realizing she was probably in his room. "Try to remember what happened, and then we can talk."

The Avora groaned, but forced her mind to remember, anyway. She remembered feeling sad, going to the Inclement Weather and... and kissing a complete stranger. Syveris blushed, and hid her face in her hands. Why had she done that? But worse, she could remember Virat dragging her to the Darnivas Commonrooms, but couldn't remember anything that was said.

"I hope your headache is lesson enough for you." she shook her head, pulling her legs up and hiding even more. She was so ashamed of her behaviour. Not the drinking, but the confusion she had caused, and the trouble she had been to her mentor. "Syveris, I want to talk to you about this Arin guy."

"I hate him." she whispered, sobbing. She felt pathetic, and it was all his fault. "It's all his fault. I hate him." Virat remained silent, and Syveris sobbed some more, crying behind her hands, trying to get away from everything. Why did she had to act that way? Why did Arin made her act that way?

Finally, the tears dried, and she cleaned her hands on her bryda, before rubbing her face. Syveris looked at her mentor, and saw that he was staring at her, deep in thought.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Syveris on November 17th, 2013, 10:14 pm

"You don't lie, Syveris. Specially not to yourself." the Avora blinked, and before she could protest, Virat kept going. "You love him, but life keep going on, no matter what, and if you drown yourself in sorrow, you will be suffocated before you can reach the surface." her mentor got up, and walked to sit besides her, in the bed. "You blame him for your atitudes. But how can you blame him for not loving only you?" she gulped, looking at her hands. She didn't want to hear it, specially not right now. "Tell me, and tell me the truth. What do you feel for him?"

"I... He is special to me. And I wished I was special to him. His eyes... They are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, and I wanted this eyes to smile at me." she whispered, forcing the words out. Her eyes began to tear up again.

"But you can't share him? With this other woman?" the question wasn't offensive. Lot's of Inartans did that. And, although she would feel the jealousy consuming her everyday, Syveris could live with it too. That wasn't the problem.

"I could, yes. But I can't be with him, right now, because he doesn't feel the same for me. If he did, I could share him with the world. But he doesn't. And I can't be by his side knowing that." Virat seemed like he was going to say something, but stayed quiet, and Syveris didn't ask. She didn't want to know if her mentor didn't want to tell her.

"Then forget him. Forget your feeling for him, and, one day, you will move on." Virat smiled at her, kindly. "You have pride. And you are stronger than you think, Syveris. You will be able to do it."

"Thank you." she gave her mentor a small smile, before laughing, weakly. "Why do you keep helping me like that?"

"We are not connected by blood, but you are my sister all the same. A fellow Inarta, and an apprentice. But not only that. You are also my friend. You know that, don't you?" Syveris laughed, more cheerfully this time, and nodded. Virat was right. She just needed to forget, and then, things would fall into place, later. "Great. Now, get ready, because you're going to spend the rest of the day working."

Syveris smiled, and walked out of his room, going to her own to at least change clothes. Her heart was still hurting, but she would keep herself strong. If she avoided the Enclave when he was on duty, then she would soon forget him, and would be able to even fall in love again. Virat was right, it wasn't his fault, but then, neither was hers.

The Avora smiled sadly to herself. She had lost a friend, but then, if she thought of him as just someone she spent time with, maybe the feelings of love would fade into nothing. Soon, Syveris would be able to get him out of her head.

x Poppy
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Drowning the Sorrows

Postby Skerry on December 16th, 2013, 10:37 am

Grades

Syveris
Skill XP
Observation 4XP
Philosophy 1XP
Planning 1XP
Socialization 3XP

LORES :
  • The Inclement Weather: A place with no worries
  • Vagik: Insult
  • Virat: Saviour

Notes:
Well that night out didn’t go too well. The ending was unexpected but that’s always a good thing, the element of surprise.

Remember if you have any questions or problems with your grade then feel free to PM me.

Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook