Closed That Abnormal Out of water feeling (Shiyami)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

That Abnormal Out of water feeling (Shiyami)

Postby M'Wanii on November 18th, 2013, 8:07 pm

75th of fall, 513AV

Rain flung itself at Syliras. It invaded everywhere it could, creating rivers and puddles throughout the city and its surrounds. The knights had encouraged everyone to remain inside, fearing the downpour would harm the unaware. As a result the streets of the city were quieter than ever before, save for a person darting in and out of the shower.

M’wanii loved it. For the first time since she arrived in the city, she wasn’t wearing her concealing robes or hood. Instead she basked in the weather, allowing the water to glide over her skin, soaking her clothes and belongings. She didn’t care. Kicking her boots off, she relaxed further. Everything had been so chaotic recently. Drifting off in a light sleep, the Charoda awoke a few hours later as the smell of smoke filled the air. Rising to stand on her webbed feet, she pulled on her boots and shouldered her bag.

Following her nose through the streets guided the amphibian to a huge source of noise. Knights rushed to and fro. The mad shouts of passing from person to person. Sticking to the shadows, she shifted closer. There was no need to alert the guards to her presence, with her shocking appearance it would most likely only cause trouble. A orange light illuminated part of her face as she peeked out from behind the corner. Squinting against the light and the mass of people, she could make out a burning building. A warehouse, maybe. The fire leaping from the windows fought against the rain as the smoke echoed higher into the sky. Turning back, she left them to deal with the blaze. Nothing she could do here.

Having been lost in curiosity on the way there, it was only then, as M’wanii turned the next corner that she realised she was lost. Very lost. Still new to the city, the Charoda froze on the spot. Looking one way and another trying to figure out which way she had come. Finding nothing familiar, she began running off in a random direction. The water seemed to pour down harder now. Turning a corner too fast, the amphibian slipped and fell. She needed to learn how to traverse over the land better and soon to at any rate. Now with bruised knees, M’wanii pulled her bag to her chest and leaned on one of the rough old stone walls Syliras was made of.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Shiyami on November 22nd, 2013, 4:14 am

Besides the Charoda dancing about in the rain, there were two other individuals walking outside, along the road. Although the more correct term might be gliding. The rain kept pouring down quite heavily, and yet the two individuals were not bothered by it. No, more like they couldn't be bother by it anymore.

Both Shiyami and Kimi decided to venture into the city once again, just to look around and admire the surroundings. Well, in Shiyami's case, it was to observe the living, not to look at new objects of interests. As they walked -er, floated-, the rain continued its useless onslaught. The older of the two ghosts sighed, before looking up at the sky. "What is it like, to feel the water flow? The feeling of being soaked? To drink water?", he muttered softly, stretching out one hand, as if to catch the rain. Of course, as usual, the rain went through his hand, arm, and body, as if they never existed. 

After those few moments of contemplations and reminiscing of hazy memories almost forgotten, the two ghosts continued to float around, until they noticed the living in armor -metal turtles, as Kimi had fondly nicknamed them- crowding around a torched building. "Shouldn't the rain put out the fire?", Kimi voiced out her question, with Shiyami shrugging. "If the fire is hot enough, the water becomes steam before it even touches the tongue of flames licking at the building.", was his answer, as the two continued to observe. Shiyami sighed finally, before he decided to head back. However, he only managed to turn around, before he felt a tug on his arm. Turning around, he noticed Kimi pointing in the direction of an odd person. "Fish people exist?", she inquired, to which Shiyami narrowed his eyes at the 'fish person'. "I have never seen anyone like that. There are rumors, but I never believed that I would actually see one in perso-H-hey! Wait!", Shiyami started to answer, but the moment he said that he never seen one before, Kimi had ran off, headed in the direction where the odd person had disappeared off to. "Well...myths are meant to be proven or broken.", he sighed exasperatedly, before running off in the wake of his daughter.

Kimi was still watching the fish person, who had stopped to lean on the wall, seemingly tired and lost. Shiyami finally catches up, before sighing. "Please, don't run off without me.", he sighed, before taking a better look at the person of interest. Noting the grey, rubbery looking skin, and dorsal fins, he compared the person to a shark. He gave up on observing, and decided to faze into the ground, before moving forward about an estimated ten meters. He flew back up above ground, right in front of the person, and saying, "'Ello?", without caring whether or not the person in question would get a heart attack from his sudden appearance. More accurately, he was wondering how she -at least he thought it was a she- would react.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby M'Wanii on November 25th, 2013, 8:17 pm

What was in front of her? What the petch was the thing in front of her? It spoke, so it was sentient rationalised the Amphibian in her mind. But the rain dripped through it. Or more accurately the rain completely ignored it's existence and continued on its way anyway. She could almost see through it as well. See through the floating whatever it was.

Realising she had been standing with her mouth open for some time now, the scarred Charoda promptly closed it. That would have appeared rude, well done M'wanii. Well done. Insulting the local land dwellers once again. You should make your living from this, annoying people and getting beaten up. Yes, brilliant. The ache in her fingers made it self know from how hard she had latched onto her bag in shock at the thing's sudden appearance. It effectively distracted her from her inner berating and channelled her focus on the fact regardless of what it was it was, there was still a person in front of her at this moment.

Slowly M'wanii shuffled further along the wall from where whatever it was floated, never breaking eye contact for a moment. Now far enough away to feel comfortable, she moved to say something when she noted there was another smaller one a little further on from the first. Pupil-less eyes flicked between the duo she faced towards the first, noticeably swallowing before she spoke.

“H-Hello.”

She sounded ridiculous. Fear had thickened her accent and broken her common even more than normal, so she doubted it had understood her. Great so she now appeared stupid and rude. Before she knew what had happened an excuse shot from her mouth followed by a sincere apology.

“You......surprise me. Apology.”

Giving a small incline of the head forwards after this, the amphibian took in a second inspection of the being, it looked similar to a human. The other one was still too far away to tell curatively but she assumed it looked similar. Hmm interesting. Maybe they had occurred out of sorcery or been made by a god. If the later were true she couldn't fathom which. The only gods she knew of in detail were Laviku, Makutsi, Caiyha, Dira and Kihala. Well, there was no harm in asking right.

“Who be you um... two?”

Still weary of the duo, the amphibian awaited a reply.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Postby Shiyami on November 30th, 2013, 6:20 am

Well, it would appear I greatly shocked this...person, to quite an extent., Shiyami thought begrudgingly to himself, as he carefully observed the fish like creature. Noticing the stress of the bag she was holding, which would mean that the fish was definitely gripping the bag far tighter then the material was generally designed for. Noticing the fish person had taken a step back, two steps now, the older ghost just narrowly fought back the urge and temptation to give the stranger a demonic smile. Just barely. He oh so wanted to, just to test her, and see what her reaction would be like.

He sighed, giving up on that plan, as the fish person spoke with a stutter, barely managing a classic 'Hello'. Just how badly did I surprise her...?, he thought, his mood darkened by a slight amount. "Surprised you, huh...did I?", he asked, just to test whether or not the fish person would run. He temporarily ignored the last question, as it would be a bad idea for this creature to tell a Knight that a ghost nearly killed them via heart attack.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby M'Wanii on December 4th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Had it surprised her? A weird whatever it was pops out the ground, along with its doppelgänger, says hello and then asks if she is surprised?! Well, yes, you would be, wouldn’t you? But if that was this thing’s intention from the beginning, this Charoda was not standing for it. An anger rooted deep in the beds of the sea rose up like a dark grey storm on the woman’s dark grey face. She was lost and scared and this thing didn’t even make sense to begin with. M’wanii was getting some answers

“Yes. Who be you? What be you? Where be I? What way to Soothing Waters from here?”

The questions shot out her mouth like a man gasping for breath. Her posture changing dramatically from cowering to defensive on instinct. Even the rain eased conveniently, like it could sense the Amphibian’s mood. She was going to survive this winter on land, no matter what. Glaring down mister or miss floating thing, the amphibian awaited an answer.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Postby Shiyami on December 6th, 2013, 5:28 am

He-hey now, there should probably be a limit on how many question you can fire off at a time, or even think up., Shiyami thought, as he was suddenly assaulted with numerous questions, enough to give him a headache, if he wasn't already dead.

Taking a short moment to answer each question individually within his mind, before responding to the multitudes of inquiries. "I am Shiyami Toten. The little one over there would be Kimi, my adopted daughter. As for what we are, we would be ethereals. Ghosts, in other words.", here, Shiyami stopped to look around. Muttering, "Hold on for a second.", he floated around, sow times through walls. After several chimes, he returned, and gestured to the left. "I'll answer your last two questions simultaneously. You are much closer to the Soothing Waters then you might have assumed. If you walked in that direction, and look to your right, you can see the Soothing Waters.".

OOCNot sure where Togo with this thread now, so I'll let you take lead. If you don't want too, then I guess you can make a final post, and end it, as I have no ideas left. PM me your decision please!
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby M'Wanii on December 26th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Their names, sounded odd and foreign to her ears. Ghosts? What were they? The Charoda swore she had heard the word before. Pausing to think she almost missed it's words. Wait, what. Where was it going?!

“Where be you going?”

The 'Ghost' had already gone leaving her and the other one in the wet street. Eyeing up his companion suspiciously M'wanii clutched her bag closer to her chest as she stood there. IT eventually returned giving her directions to the Bathes. Relief flooded over her face when she realised how close she had been. It eased the tangled knot of anxiety that had form in her chest. Practically skipping on the spot, the amphibian inclined her head at the 'Ghosts' as a sign of thanks, before taking off towards the bathes hoping to leave the events of the far behind her. Preferably in a nice relaxing bath

OOCDone! We can finally wrap up this thread now :)
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on January 22nd, 2014, 5:19 pm

Madame Fish
+1 Observation
+ 1 Socialization
+1 Interrogation

lore :
Social Graces: Don't Stare
Interrogation: Rapid fire questioning
Shiami and Kimi are Ghosts

Mister Anime Ghost
+1 materialization

lore :
The Physical traits of a charoda
Surprising by coming from the ground
Directions to the Soothing waters

Notes
Well that was an abrupt end. :P let me know if you have any questions and please edit your request to reflect this grade. Thanks! :)
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)