Flashback A New Beginning

The day Syveris won her apprenticeship.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A New Beginning

Postby Syveris on November 20th, 2013, 10:51 pm

49th of Summer, 509 AV

It had been an entire season since she had last walked this path, and the Yasi missed it much more than she would have admitted. She had tried to take revenge on the Yasi that had bothered her the year before, but it hadn't gone quite the way she expected, and Syveris ended up having to spend some time in the Infirmary and then she had to 'rest'. She was extremely annoyed by it, and she was actually thinking of going to the Edge of the World again. However, even her knew it wasn't a very good idea, specially since she could still feel the pain in her ribs. Well, they weren't really hurting anymore, but she still felt it all the same.

So she decided to go visit Virat on the Reverie once again. It was something she missed greatly, and she was sure it would do her good - both to alleviate her boredom and to calm her down. After all, she was restless again.

When she finally reached the Reverie, she saw that woman, Iana, stop in the entrance and turn to face her. Syveris had come to hate each time the golden eyes rested on her face. They were always accusing, always judging her. The Yasi sometimes wondered if she was jealous of the attention Virat gave the girl. It was stupid, if Iana's hated really was because of that. Syveris simply watched him work. Besides, he was old.

"What are you doing here, chick?" the woman's voice was calm and composed, completely hiding what her eyes shown. However, Syveris knew that even if the woman didn't like her, Iana wasn't using the word 'chick' as an insult. The Yasi had learnt her insults were never that obvious.

"I came to see Virat." there, the twitching of her mouth told Syveris that the woman was indeed annoyed. At what, she couldn't say for sure.

"You vanish for a season and then just come back, wanting to watch him work again? It's a lot of pretention, don't you think?"

"I was injuried." Syveris growled, not wanting to give any satisfaction to this woman but knowing that, if she didn't, the chances she would be able to enter the Reverie would decrease greatly.

"Injuried?" Iana seemed concerned for a moment, before she shook her head and entered the Glass Reverie, motioning for her to follow. Syveris frowned, not really sure of what had just happened, but followed the woman inside, nevertheless.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A New Beginning

Postby Syveris on November 20th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Virat was at the right side of the Reverie, and Iana pointed him to Syveris before going to do her own job. The Yasi walked there, carefully not to touch anything nor anyone, and put herself besides the blue eyed man. She looked at the workspace, seeing him arrange his tools on it. Syveris knew he had already seen her, so she just waited for him to finish. Finally, he turned to her, and the Yasi could see his eyes were not as kind as they used to be. Instead, they seemed to be Iana's. Without knowing why, Syveris looked down, embarrassed.

"I thought your interest for glasswork died already. You haven't shown up for a while." his voice was neutral, but it seemed cold.

"I was injuried!" she exclaimed, trying to explain. Of course she still did love glasswork. But with her ribs broken, she couldn't just walk to the Reverie whenever she wanted. "I fell from the Edge of the World, and broke... Well, I was injuried." her voice was a whisper now, a little ashamed that she had fallen, but even more because of the reason for her fall. But her eyes were watering up already. She couldn't believe Virat would kick her out.

However, the Avora simply stared at her for a while, before his eyes softened again, and Syveris felt like she had just survived a storm. Her relief must have shown in her face, because Virat asked, his tone curious.

"Why do you come here so often, Syveris? Do you want to get an apprenticeship?"

"No! she was a little afraid that, if she said yes, he would think she was only trying to escape becoming a Dek. Her fifteenth birthday was drawing near, and the Yasi had yet to be picked to become an apprentice. However, when she looked at his eyes, she noticed she couldn't lie to him. "Yes. Yes, I wish that. A lot." she sighed. "But that isn't why I come. Iana made pretty clear I wouldn't win an apprenticeship here."

"Then why?" Virat asked again, and the Yasi couldn't tell whatever or not he was angry.

"Because I love to see you work." she admitted. "Everytime I see a piece getting into the shape of a vase, a plate or a sculpture, I feel like some piece of art has just been created, and it fills me with happiness, for some reason... And I keep wishing I could be part of it."

Virat seemed to be thinking hard, as he kept staring at her face, although Syveris didn't think he was actually seeing her. Then, he grabbed a pipe and offered it to her.

"Do you want to try and make something?" he asked, smiling slightly when Syveris' eyes widened in surprise. "You have seen me during a pretty long while to have an idea of what to do, but I'll help you through it. What do you say?"

"Yes!" her voice came out shaky, and she jumped, a huge smile on her face as she took the small pipe. "Yes, yes, yes! Thank you!"

"You do understand that what I am offering you is not an apprenticeship, don't you?"

"Yes." Syveris answered again, this time more firm. She understood it perfectly. And yet, the chance to do at least a small thing was amazing. "But I want to do it anyway."

Virat nodded, seeming happy with her answer, and took a step to the side to allow her access to the worktable.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A New Beginning

Postby Syveris on November 21st, 2013, 12:04 am

"I will guide you to make a small glass ball. It's pretty simple, but it'll sufice." he turned to face her, his face suddenly serious, although without being unfriendly. "You have seen me a thousand times already, so I'll let you gather the glass. Make sure you turn the pipe and look, so melten glass won't drop anywhere. Understood?"

Syveris nodded, and reached with her pipe inside the oven where the hot glass was. She turned it, gathering the glass, and turned the pipe, trying to make the glass stay in the pipe. Virat didn't come to help her, so she took a deep breath and took the pipe out. It worked, or at least she had thought so.

"Do it again. There is too little glass on it." Virat commanded, and Syveris reached again inside the oven, this time taking a little more time as she tried to control the pipe so the glass would stay on it. After a while, she took it off again, and looked at Virat. "Watch your piece. Never take your eyes off. Trust me, I'll tell you what to do without you needing to look at me. Turn the pipe." quickly, she returned the gaze to the glass, and turned the tool. "Slower." Syveris frowned, and slowed down.

"Now, see this table? Run the glass on it, turning the pipe." Virat pointed to a table, and Syveris did what she was told to. It was so simple, although she kept doing it wrong, since Virat never stopped telling her instructions on how to do better, but Syveris didn't mind. She was happy. More than happy, actually. It was like no problem in the world could reach her there, and as she kept running the pipe on the table, her heart was filled with a peace she never thought it was possible for her to feel. The Yasi enjoyed what she was doing.

Virat took the pipe from her hand and blew in one end, putting his thumb on top of it. He pointed with his chin to the other end, and Syveris looked, fascinated, as the glass inflated a little. She had actually seen it before, but, this time, she helped in the process, and she felt exultant for it.

They repeated the process another two times, before Virat offered the pipe to her and pointed to a piece of leather that was in the worktable. "Use this to polish the glass. Don't apply to much pressure, or it'll deform." Syveris nodded, and did what she was told, turning the pipe while holding the piece of leather in her hand. In some point, she unwillingly applied more pressure than she was meant to, and, just like Virat had warned her, the piece deformed. The Yasi felt a little disappointed, but it was alright, in her mind. She had been given the chance to do something she had desired for so long, and she was happy with it.

But Virat wasn't looking at the piece anymore. He took the tool out of her hand and rested it somewhere, without worrying about the glass. He looked straight into her eyes.

"What did you think?"

"It was... amazing." the word wasn't enough to describe it, but Virat seemed to know what she meant, because he smiled.

"What do you think of becoming my apprentice?"

The offer took her by surprise, and that was an understatement. She blinked a few times at him, and stared, her mouth hanging open, while a wave of emotions washed through her.

Happiness wasn't quite the right word for what she was feeling. Her breath suddenly became uneven, as her eyes watered. What could she possible say to express what she was feeling?

"Thank you." she whispered, hugging the older man, not really caring if she was supposed to do so or not. Virat chuckled, and patted her back. "I'll be a good apprentice! You will see! I won't disappoint you!" the words came out, and Syveris cleaned her eyes. Virat smiled at her, and waved his hand.

I'm an Avora glassworker. Syveris kept repeating it to herself, while she walked out of the Reverie. She thought she saw Iana smile at her, but maybe it was just her happy mind playing tricks on her.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A New Beginning

Postby Syveris on November 21st, 2013, 12:30 am

As she skipped through the Inner Warrens, going back to the Yasi area, Syveris suddenly changed plans. She was an Avora now, though not officially, but that wasn't the point. The point was that now, her whole life would be different. She would live in a different place, too, and her curiosity about this place was picked. Taking a different way than the one she had first planned, Syveris headed to the Darnivas Commonrooms. She would just have a small peak about how a room there was and she would leave. The Yasi had heard that there were unnoccupied rooms, anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Giggling to herself, Syveris couldn't believe how happy she actually was. The Yasi had become an Avora, and a glassworker! She had desired it for so long, dreamt about it, that she sometimes doubted it was really going to happen, only because it seemed a dream so far away.

And yet, Virat had turned it possible. He was really an amazing person, first allowing her to watch him work, then allowing her to work with his tools, and finally, offering her an apprenticeship! Happiness was just not enough to describe what she was feeling right then.

She reached the Commonrooms, and looked at the hallway. Syveris looked, amazed, at the sculpted birds, and some tapestries she could see from where she was. It was beautiful, much more than the Yasi Quarters. And she would move here soon. Her heart beat faster, as she walked, eyes locked in the sculptures, specially one of a Wind Eagle, with the wings wide open. She smiled to herself.

Syveris reached a door, and tried the knob. Locked. Well, it was alright. She would just keep testing it until she found an open one. after a few tries, a door opened, and Syveris send one last glance to the sculpture before looking inside.

She froze, feeling the heat on her cheeks and knowing she was blushing.

There was a couple inside, both of them only with their bryda, locked in a passionate kiss, the man's hand playing with the top of the woman's bryda, ready to take it off. The Yasi stared for a few moments, glad that neither of them had noticed her, and turned, fast, wanting to get away as soon as she could.

However, the sudden movement made her trip on her own feet, which sent her flying, her face hitting the stone wall of the room.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A New Beginning

Postby Syveris on November 21st, 2013, 4:58 pm

Syveris felt a liquid fall from her nose, and she grunted. Blood. Just great. But the worse was the indgnant shriek that came behind her, and her face became even redder as she saw that the couple had noticed her. The Yasi seriously debated with herself as to whatever turn and appologize or just run away, but a strong hand grabbed her shoulder and turned her around, making her face the very red face of the male Inarta.

"What the petch do you think you are doing?" he screamed, angry. "This isn't a place where you just go inside the rooms as you want, do you hear me?"

The woman was glaring at her, and while nudity was not uncommon amongst the Inarta, Syveris had seen them in an intimate moment, and this was awfully embarrassing. The Yasi looked down, her cheeks still red.

"I'm sorry! The room wasn't locked, and I just thought I would look around." Syveris babbled, trying to appologize for interrupting them. It was something as simple as a kiss, yet, it was more than obvious that they were planning something else.

"So you listened something and thought you could come spy on us, right?" Syveris looked at the man, horrified, and blushed even harder, shaking her head as much as she could. "Just go away! NOW!" the order came in the form of a scream, and Syveris was fast to obey. She heard the door slamming behind her, and the Yasi didn't stay to see if they would lock the place, now. Instead, she just ran, trying to get out of the Darniva Commonrooms area as soon as she could.

She only stopped running after making five curves on the Inner Warrens, and Syveris looked back, as if someone would be following her. So much for curiosity.

Her cheeks flushed again, and she touched her nose, wincing when she looked at the tips of her fingers and saw the blood there. Definitely not pleasant. Now she would probably need to go to the infirmary, if the bleeding didn't stop. She only hoped the healers wouldn't ask questions. The blush deepened, and she walked slowly, towards the Yasi Quarters, holding her nose. Well, at least, she would still become an Avora.

Thinking of glass work was much more agradable, so the Yasi focused on it. A new life was beginning, and she could finally do something that would make her happy. As she made her way to the Quarters, she kept smiling, amazed at all the new possibilities, although the red liquid dripping between her fingers kept making her blush every few ticks.

x Abstract
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A New Beginning

Postby Skerry on December 16th, 2013, 10:15 am

Grades

Syveris
Skill XP
Observation 4XP
Socialization 3XP
Stealth 1XP

LORES :
  • Making your first glass piece
  • Becoming Virat’s apprentice
  • Not all unlocked doors should be opened
  • Seeing an intimate moment between a couple
  • Being accused of spying

Notes:
Congratulations! Syveris is now an Avora glassworker! Shame about the little incident afterwards, talk about embarrassing! I didn’t give a point in glassworking because the actions described were very basic, something that Syveris should be almost able to do with her eyes closed now so no point.

Remember if you have any questions or problems with your grade then feel free to PM me.

Skerry
The Volatile One

Words: 121644
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook