A Special Piece (Closed, Selfmod)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A Special Piece (Closed, Selfmod)

Postby Fenilen on August 23rd, 2010, 5:20 am

51st of Summer, 510 AV

Fenilen wiped a bead of sweat from his brow, already feeling the heat of the kilns. He pulled his apron on over his chest, rolling his shoulders once or twice in the familiar way before turning to the furnaces.

"Ah! Fenilen! I was wondering when you would bloody show!" a man said from across the room, already wearing an apron. "You told me you would be hear thirty minutes ago, and yet here you are, running late again," the man crossed the room, smiling at the boy.

"Ah, it's a pleasure to see you again, Fenilen. You don't stop by enough anymore," the man then said, embracing Fenilen abruptly. Fenilen laughed quietly.

"Nice to see you too, Uncle Elhald," Fenilen commented with a smile, returning the embrace.

"So tell me boy, what're you making today that you needed my help with?" the man asked, tilting his head curiously. Fenilen shrugged, crossing the room, picking up a pipe.

"I found a girl yesterday, Elhald. An Endal. She inspired me, the bond with her eagle, the calm temparment, the fiery passion and temper you could tell she hid beneath...," he trailed off, looking at the man. "I wanted to channelthis inspiration into something, but since I didn't want it to look awful, I decided to ask you for help, and... here we are," he motioned aroudn them, smiling again.

"Now, down to work. I need some blue glass for a vase, if you could mix the pigments. I don't know how," Fenilen then admitted, somewhat shamefully. Elhald laughed, a deep, bellowing sound. "Well come on then boy, don't just stand there! Coem and watch, try to learn a thing or two!" he motioned for Fenilen to join him, which he did, standing curiously at his side.

Elheld went over to a free crucible, one that was designated as open to coloring. "If we were actually going to color this crucible, you would take a handful of Cobalt," the man began showing him the blueish hued metal, :and measure it out. About this much should be fine," he filled a small vial to about 1/4ths of the way. "Then, you simply put it into the crucible and wait, However, we are blessed, and some other workers have been using blue earlier, so we don't have to make blue,"

He led Fenilen over to an empty crucible (for now), dipping his pipe into the molten liquid and pulling it out, twirling it a few times to fling the excess off. Quickly, Elheld approached a rack, putting the piece on it and allowing it to cool.

"Any other pieces you want while we wait?" the man asked. Fenilen shook his head.

Then, the men waited, neither wanting to burn themselves on the fresh glass.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets