Life as we Know it~

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on December 22nd, 2013, 12:24 am

Hello Mizahar! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Flyaway, and this is my scrapbook. Here I'll post things I've been thinking about, notes for my own reference (and for your curiosity), and maybe little snippits from my life. But lets start with a little about myself!

My real name is Andre. I'm nineteen, and I live in beautiful Anchorage Alaska. I'm just recently discovering that being a young adult is very very hard, but I'm toughing through it as best I can :) I'm a PFC in the Army National Guard, and my MOS is 91L(Desil mechanic). I also do a little modeling, and I'm a delivery driver for office depot, though I'm very excited about a recent job opportunity as a Psychiatric nursing assistant. My favorite colors are sky blue and turquoise, though they do NOT look good on me xD I had sort of a rough childhood, but I'm proud of everything I have. Its taken a whole lot of hard work to get where I am, and nothing was given. I earned it.

As far as writing goes, I'm a very creative and expressive individual. I actual started role playing on Neopets at the age of ten, and I've been bouncing around since then. From there I did some IM group RPs about a modern post apocalyptic world called Fira, then to some vamppy RP sites, to some WoW RPs (Lame, I know.) Then modern fairy RP, to here! And I'm fairly certain I'm here to stay.

I'm also writing a series I've re-written 3 times. Honestly, I feel as though its never going to be satisfactory. Its called the Holy Generation series, and it consists of three books, called Burning the Balance, Searing the Skyline, Reaping the Rapture. Its all about heavenly warfare, reincarnation, half demons, half angles, petty theft, and all sorts of other good stuff. I'll give ya more in a later post most likely, if you ask.

I want to make my mark on this world. Mizahar is so unique, vast, and fun, that I want to be a part of making it better! I want the players to have fun, I want things to be epic. I want rules to be bent and minds to be blown. Go big or go home.

My name spawns from Flying away, the ultimate freedom in my opinion. I tend to express this with pictures of birds, considering I feel like I may have been a bird in a past life. I wish I could just take off sometimes ;)

Thats all I have for now. I'm bad at closing things.

Flyaway
On the Wind...

Words: 56847
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 12th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Hello! Posting from my phone so please excuse my grammatical errors and things of that nature. The masquerade closed not long ago, and although there was a lot of confusion and drama, I feel rather good about the event as a whole. Poison is an awesome storyteller, and he managed to make the event a ton of fun for everyone involved.

The season itself had been quite interesting. The symenestra are finding new food sources to compensate for the fact that trade has come to a grinding halt. Kalea's harsh winter is battering on the underground city, making outside trade difficult. Seasoned hunters are still able to hunt, but other than that the people of kalinor are having to find other ways to feed themselves, including fishing in the many underground lakes in kalinors depths. This has given me a wonderful opportunity to describe these beautiful lakes and the unique animal life that dwels within them. In the future I hope to make more scenic locations in the depths as well as expand upon the monsters that lurk there in.

We have also taken time this season to expand upon symenestra culture. Poison has opened a cooking thread for brukka, a traditional symenestra dish made of blood. I hope to do something with music. I always thought the symenestra people would play string instraments such as violin cello and the harp, but I would also like to create new instruments unique to their bodies and heritage. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

as far as my personal life goes, things have been better. Someone rear ended my car thursday and totaled it. All my military gear was in the trunk and I cannot access it until the adjuster looks at the damage. This would not be a problem except for the fact that im supposed to be starting my new job at alaska psychiatric institute next week, and have no transportation to my training. But I'm trying my best to stay optimistic.

Thats all I have for now! Enjoy your day writers. Do great things.
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 12th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Neyasi Tillandsia

_
If I may, I might have an idea regarding those string instruments for the Symenestra. c:

Picture long threads strung horizontally between two stalactites, a bit like harp threads, but thinner, perhaps made of some special Symenestra material, and the instrument's player would have to cling to the ceiling or one of the stalactites to play. The sound would reverberate through the cavern, making a sort of eerie, ghostly music.

Just an idea. I could have my physics off. XD

There are lots of idiots out there. That's the only explanation I can give you for the totaling of your car.
Neyasi Tillandsia
Watch out for the spider on the wall...

Words: 43410
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 12th, 2014, 8:03 pm

I like that idea alot, and will dwfinately be using it whilst planning my thread along with some ideas of my own :) thank you for the feedback!
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 12th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Neyasi Tillandsia

_
No problem. x3 I like to help out.

But, I'm not real sure how large or small the instruments would be. Maybe they would vary in sizes, and the bigger they are, the more Symenestra can play one at a single time? It might make a cool effect.
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 12th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Could even add a water dripping effect
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on January 12th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Neyasi Tillandsia

_
Water drip? Hmm...
Yeah, I think that could definitely be expanded upon. c:
The details of the instrument, not the water dripping, though that's good, too.
I think coming up with the name might require some level of creativity, though...
Neyasi Tillandsia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 16th, 2014, 5:43 am

Flyaway

Hello People of Mizahar!

I feel a little guilty about not staring on the culture thing I promised you all. Honestly, I've been really overwhelmed with a whole bunch of RL stuff, and it has sucked up all my creative juices. So in this post I thought I'd share a little bit about why I love Kalea so much.

Kalea reminds me much of my home here in Alaska. Its really easy for me to visualize the scenery when its what's out my window everyday xD Its also full of interesting people. I mean, the environment is tough, so what settlements exist were forged through hard work and determination. The Symenestra have found their own unique place here and made it into a really unique home.

I want to get into The Symenestra's history before the Valterrian, but I'm not sure how. There is room for a good story there. A mass exodus from Falyndar to Kalea? It would be dramatic. Especially when it came time to pass through the mountains and such. I mean, people would have died. Mucho drama.

And what were they doing with a giant empty cavern? Did they just conveniently stubble upon it right at the beginning of the Valterrian? Was there something else there? I know there are monsters deep beneath the surface, but how neat would it have been if they had to battle to push a lot of them down there? Just a thought.

If any of you have any cool ideas about the history of the Symenestra, Lemme know!!

Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 17th, 2014, 8:30 am

So! Tomorrow is my last day at office depot, and I'm super excited! I've been working since I was 14 years old and this is by far the most unprofessional, disorganized, and negative place I've EVER worked (and I'm in the army.) An older woman named Janet (Super sweet. An amazing work ethic and all around good person) Left in tears today because another elderly store manager (Donna. I'd really like to call her names right now. She's evil.) Chewed her out over nothing. I see things like this happen every day. Half the store is quitting tomorrow, including myself.

But Luckily, I start my new Job at Alaska Psyciactric institute (I spelt the p word wrong) Tuesday and I'm STROKED! 1600 every two weeks? I can do that. Do a job I have always wanted to do? Too easy. Start in the career field I've dreamed of since I was little? Sure :D I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

That's all for now, Night guys! :D
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 28th, 2014, 8:14 am

Hello everyone! Im going to make this short. I just wanted to say that im starting to actually set in stone the plans for symenestra culture development as well as some new locations and ive got a bunch planned for spring. I have a lot ob my plate as far as finishing poisons threads as well as ensnares but im going to try my best! Kalinor deserves my 100% effort so thats what im going to put forth. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask. So tell me what would you like to see in kalinor next season?

Ill post a better update with some deets on my personal life tomorrow if youd like. Night everyone!
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Next