PM to join Leaving port

A kelvic girl gets herself stuck on a ship for a while, at least she'll make a new friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 22nd, 2013, 6:29 pm

Winter 10: Late afternoon

Golden brown eyes rimmed with yellow scanned the ever growing crowd of people in the city. Giat promised she wouldn't steal from others, but if she wanted to keep herself off the streets and have herself from being kicked out of Zeltiva she had to do a little wallet snatching. She just had to wait in the shadows of the street when the crowds were at their largest and someone with a pouch or wallet attached to their waist walked by. It wouldn't be too hard to make off with it, her plan already set, she’d run clear off the streets and run to Mirahil Pass until her pursuers gave looking. She was sure some people were looking for her after taking that woman’s money, well not just because of that, but...

She already snatched 10 Silver Miza and 4 Gold Miza from someone watching a street act, she’d never steal from the performers, and had the pouch tied around her neck by a string. She just needed a little more, so just one more snatch for today, until she can find someone to work for at least. She found her target, a rather large man looking through the money in his pouch, though the pouch was small, it seemed full, and she hoped there was more silver and gold than copper in there.

Giat picked herself up and into a ready crouch, her eyes locking on her prey, her claws unsheathed to add traction to her run; she only had one shot at this. Like an almost sudden blur of orange and black she dashed through the crowd and jumped, taking the pouch as she leaped over the stunned man’s hand and picked up her speed to run as screaming from standers arose. She sped on her path to Mirahil Pass but stopped in her tracks when she saw the way was blocked by people screaming and running, if she attempted to go through them the money around her neck would be knocked off.

Looking back she could see people running towards her and had no choice but to duck into an alleyway and take the long way to her destination, which would involve passing through the ports, and even though that would mean hiding longer due to the reputation she’s already built over there, she’d still have the money. With her mind set, she ran passed the frantic people in the street, evades the some of her pursuers by hiding in the shadows and boxes, and narrowly misses being hit by a tranquilizer dart when she tried to jump over someone but instead she simply knocked them both over.

It didn't look like anyone alerted the dock workers and fishermen about the lynx headed their way by their reactions at first, but they recovered fast and chased after her with whatever weapon they had on them. This was bad. Giat was beginning to tire from the running, her lungs burned and her muscles were tensing and aching from the strain. What was worse was that she could tell they were trying to box her in, she had to lose them, just long enough so she could find somewhere to hide and rest. But how?

She made a sharp turn towards the unloading dock and lead the majority of them behind some crates, then jumped over the crates. She didn't turn back to see what they were doing, her breathing was heavy and she was beginning to slow down. She sprinted to the loading dock and jumped, scrambling over the empty crates and nearly falling head first. Onto the lower ones.

Panting, she quickly scanned her surroundings before lifting the top of one crate and hopping into the it. She dropped the pouch onto the floor of the crate and lay down, trying to steady her breathing so her heart would stop pounding in her chest hard enough to feel like she was pressing her ears to it. She moved her forelegs over each other and lay her head on them, closing her eyes. She just needed to rest a bit before she continued on, just… a little bit…

Giat didn't fall asleep or doze off, she simply wasn't quite “there” enough to hear the approaching sound of the dock workers cautiously getting back to their duties until the top of the crate was hammered shut and trapped her in.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 22nd, 2013, 9:30 pm

Voss impatiently waited as the other dockworker was nailing shut the crate he was supposed to hoal aboard. “you done?”

The other dockworker nodded. “yes, take it with you already.” the man huffed took his nails and hammer and walked off. Voss just shrugged as he took hold of the crate and lugged it over towards his ship. It wasn't far. When he arrived the rest of the crew was already done with their tasks and waiting on him to arive. He easily walked up the gangplank, even with the ungainly weight in his arms.

“There you are Voss, stow that crate below deck and secure the cargo. We're already going to leave the harbor.” Brick said as the other sailors began undoing the ropes that kept them tied tot he pier, hoaled the anchor up and let down the sails to catch the wind. Voss carefully went down the wooden stairs that led to the cargo room. He roughly dropped the crate on the ground and shoved it to the back, in between a few other barrels and crates that held their necessary supplies. Then he grabbed the long end of rope that hung from the and began to tie the crates together and to hooks sunken into the hull. They had to secure the cargo, otherwise the rolling of the waves would let it roll and unbalance the ship. Not that it mattered much on a small vessel like theirs. Buts if they got in a storm and things were rolling below the deck. That wouldn't be good. With practice ease he pulled the rope around each barrel, crate and tied them down. Testing each rope if it was secure or not. He shook one crate to see if the rope didn't give. Unknowns to the young sailor. That was exactly the crate where the cat had slunk into.
Voss
Player

Words: 30285
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 23rd, 2013, 5:38 am

Giat pressed head head on the crate’s lid in to see if it would open. Nothing. She rolled onto her back and pushed at it with her all four paws but the crate remained shut. ’Okay, not good… just stay calm. Stay calm…’ She rolled back onto her belly as the crate began to move, either it was going to be sent off someone where in Zeltiva or she’d be shipped off to another region with no where to go and no one to turn to for help. But the only other option she had was to make as much noise as possible and risk being turned into a pelt or sent to jail if she decided to show them she was a Kelvic and stay alive. But there was also the problem of having people know she’s the lynx that appears seemingly out of no where and steals people’s stuff, well it wouldn’t take an expert to track her down

Giat was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard two men talking, the second she heard they were leaving the harbor she began to panic. How was she going to get off their ship without getting caught? She pressed her eyes to a large enough crack to see she was being taken to a lower part of the ship. When the crate was suddenly dropped it caused a soft, short whine to escape her. She couldn’t make out just what the man that carried the crate down was doing, but she had a feeling that if she didn’t think of a way to get out now, she’ll probably be stuck down there for who knows how long.

Taking a deep breath, she waited until his back was turned to the crate she was in before changing into her human form and brightening the interior of her confines for a brief moment. The money rattled a bit around her neck as she changed. Now on her hands and knees in her human form, she hesitated a brief moment before pounding on the crate with the side of her fist, “Help! Please, I’m stuck!”
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 23rd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Voss gave one of the ropes a final thug. Everything was tied down securely. Which was good, since they had begun sailing they probably could use his help upstairs . Just as he turned his back however, he saw eery shadows dance on the inner hull. As if a strong light had just flashed behind him. He turned around and saw one of the crates shaking. A muffled voice inside yelling out for help. Voss' hand went to his cutlass as he carefully got closer. 'The hell is that. A petching stowaway?' He looked around and grabbed a crowbar from the hook. Holding it in his other hand. He used the flat of his cutlass to beat on the crate.

“Look, who or whatever is in there. I'm opening up the crate. Don't move as I'm opening it. I'm using a crowbar and that might get messy. Huddle to the bottom of that crate. When it's open come out slowly and don't make any funny moves. This isn't the first time a criminal tried to escape as a stowaway.” He paused and his hard tone softened a bit with amusement. “First time that one gets on a fishing ship on a three day trip in a nailed down crate though. Did you sniff lead fumes when you were younger?” He chuckled a bit as he got to work. Shoving the crowbar underneath the lid of the crate and slowly forcing it open. Splinters flying everywhere as he sloppily opened it.

When it was open he took a few steps back and pointed his cutlass at the open crate and what or whoever came out of it. “now don't bother running. Were already sailing. Left port as well I recon.”
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 23rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

Gait backed away from the lid as the sailor instructed - okay, more like warned - her to and cured herself up to enough put enough space between herself and where she assumed he would pry the lid open, picking the pouch up in her hands and holding it to her bare chest. She tried to think of a good enough excuse as to why she was in a nailed down crate knowing her thought her a criminal, and technically she was, but it’s not like she would have gotten caught unless she stowed away on some ship.

Her mouth opened slightly when he said how long they would be away. She was relieved that they weren’t sailing off to some place she knew nothing about, but at the same time she apprehensive about being on a ship for three days with nothing, not even her angle knife. When the crowbar began prying open the crate she ducked her head down to protect her face from the splinters.

She stood up slowly, holding the pouch just above her midsection with both hands. Her eyes immediately fell and the cutlass in his hand and she looked down out of habit before speaking, “I didn’t intend to get trapped in this crate, I just…” She was having an awful time coming up with a believable lie, “Fell in…” she continued softly, her voice became to quiet for her words to be understood, but whatever she finished with was just as lame as saying she fell into a crate from the way she tensed.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 24th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Voss wasn't really affected by the fact the woman who was in the crate was completely naked. He had seen more when he had been a child adn sneaking around in places no kid should be sneaking around. That and if you took a stroll in the west street you got more then an eyefull as a free peek.
“Of course.. you just fell in.” He said. Giving her a flat stare. “I didn't understand half of what you said. So speak up, but from what I heard it sounds a rather stupid excuse.?” He shook his head.
“Still, however you ended up here doesn't matter. You're a stowaway. So the captain will decide what to do with ya. Better speak up with him. Throwing a stowaway overboard is a valid way to solve that problem.”

granted he doubted their bleeding heart of a captian would do that, usually that was just done on military warships. Not to mention that she didn't look or act like a mayor criminal. The way she was naked and not ashamed of it did lead him to believe she might be a kelvic. Maybe she was playing and ended up falling asleep in the crate or something. Still looks might decieve. Better to keep her cowed at the moment.

He gestured towards the stairs with his free hand, keeping his sword aimed at her. “Lets get you to the captain and see how everything works out.” He patiently waited for her to move. Always keeping his sword aimed at her. He marched her up to the stairs.

When they arived on the deck the dock was already far in the distance. An isur turned around. “What took you so lon... who is that?”

Voss shrugged. “No clue who she is. But she was stowed away on the ship. Where the captain?”

“No need to find me.” A softspoken voice was heard. Voss looked over his shoulder. “So you found a stowaway on my ship eh?” The captain wasn't a very tall man, standing maybe an inch over the rather short voss. Still, the bearded man had an imposing presence, weathered by years of hard work at sea. “Would you mind explaining why you're here?”
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 24th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Giat tensed more when he threatened that the captain would throw her off the ship. What was she going to do if she couldn’t think up something believable? She couldn’t swim, she’ll drown the second she went under! The thumping in her chest was harder than when she was running. She tried to calm herself down, fight her instinct to run because there was no where to run to. Either way, fear was unwittingly painted on her face so clearly she may as well had been wearing it on her shoulder.

She watched him gesture towards the stairs and nodded compliantly. Her movements were hesitant as she stepped out of the crate and let herself be marched up the stairs to the deck. She looked around a bit, biting her lip when she saw just how far they were from the port. She turned her attention back to the wooden floor as the two men talked briefly.

She turned towards the new voice when she realised who he was talking to and took a small step back without thinking. Maybe it would be better just to tell the truth, just not the whole truth. But would that sound any better than what she said a few minutes before? What was she even say? The amount of panic welling up inside her chest made her feel like she would throw up any second. Or maybe it was something else making her feel sick to her stomach.

She takes a few deep breaths and tried to keep fear out of her voice, but couldn’t stop it from shaking, “I-I was nailed into a crate by accident… I didn’t mean to stowaway on your ship…” She looked down again and forced down bile that rose in her throat. She couldn’t think of any more to say, and was terrified of being thrown off the ship.

Giat withdrew into herself, as though she was trying to appear smaller than she already was. Her eyes dilated in fear as though she was a cornered cat. Even the hair on her neck stood up.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 25th, 2013, 7:47 pm

The bearded captain listenend to the story of the young girl. No emotion evident in his face as she was giving her story. Voss just scratched his head and gave her a disbelieving look. Still having his

“You got nailed into a crate without knowing it? What were you doing in that crate anyway? Taking something illegal?” Voss flatly said. Raising his cutlass. “Doubtfull Voss.” Brick yelled. “Unless she shoved it up her arse she doesn't have the pipe for it!”

“Are you a kelvic, girl.” The captain spoke up, cutting off the banter between brick and voss. “ It would explain a lot. You would have fallen asleep in the crate and have been to late to react when they nailed it shut. It would explain why skinny..”

“Oi!” voss yelled. But the captain just ignored him.

“Voss here could carry you up here in the crate. You were in your animal form. Probably something small and unnoticable.” He gave voss a stare. “Lower your weapon voss, you're scaring the girl. I doubt she is a criminal of some sort. Voss obeyed his captain and sheated his weapon. Besides what could a single small girl do against an armed crew? Not to mention that his captain wasn't a pushover either.

“So girl. Why don't you prove my theory correct and shift into your animal form?”

Voss let out a small sigh of relief. At least he wasn't the only one that made the connection between her being naked and kelvic. The theory of his captain also made sense at least. even though the comment of him being scrawny stung.
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 25th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Giat seemed to withdraw even more into herself when the man who brought her here - Voss, she soon gathered - raised his sword as though she expected him to slash at her. And quite truly, she did. She didn’t know what a single person on this ship was capable of so her fears were rightly placed. If only she went through the crowd instead of going to the docks, she’d be home right now - probably worrying about how she could find more money - but that was better than worrying about being killed because she hid in the wrong crate at the wrong time.

She listened to Voss and another crew member bicker before the captain cut in. Her sharp nails punctured holes in the pouch by accident and she quickly loosened her grip on it. It didn’t come as much of a surprise that he managed to figure out she was a kelvic, but she didn’t want a ship full of people to know. Even though he was looking more for a confirmation rather than stating it as a fact, she was still terrified by the fact so many humans would find out in such a short time.

So now Giat had to choose, she either changed now and hoped she could sneak back home once the ship docked back in the ports without anyone noticing her, or she didn’t change and hoped they didn’t keep thinking of her as a stow away. Only one of those choices were smart enough to not have her killed any time soon.

She relaxed slightly, not enough to be visible, when Voss put away the intimidating weapon. With a small nod, light once again enveloped her body, her form shifted and her body shrunk while the damaged pouch she’d been holding onto fell in front of her. Now feeling so much smaller, she once again withdrew into herself, ears laying flat against her head while her claws unsheathed themselves. Now looking the definition of a scared wild animal that would lash out at any given moment.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 25th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Voss's jaw nearly hit the floor when the little girl suddenly flashed with light, then suddenly there was a small lynx sitting on the deck, ears flat and nails out. Honestly he was slightly dissapointed. All it took was a flash of light and that was it?
“Eh, thought that would be more impressive to be honest.” Voss blurted out. Which earned him an annoyed stare of the captain and his first mate.
“Voss, you need to learn one day when to talk and when to keep your trap shut.” He said with a groan. “Ignore that bit of idiocy. Girl, I'm going to assume that what I just theorized was right. That you ended up on my ship because circumstance. I'm not going too chain you up or treat you as a criminal. However I can't break from my schedule and you'll have to sit on this ship till we make port again. You'll be expected to help the crew. We don't tolerate dead weight.”

He clasped a hand on voss' shoulder. “Oh petch no.” Voss paled as he knew exactly what the captain was going to do now.

“Voss will be the one watching over you and seeing that you won't make any mistakes.” The captain continues on. Ignoring voss' comment. “Voss give her a set of your clothes so she won't have to be naked and cold. Then bring the nets up with you from belowdecks.” The tone in which the captian said broke no argument.

“Petch me sideways.” He grumbled. Before looking at the isur. Who was barely able to contain his laughter. “Oh laught it up brick. Why don't you give her your set of clean clothes! You're closer to her size then me!”

“The lass could fit twice in my clothes. Now stop nagging and do yer job. We need those nets anyway!”

“Petch it.” Voss shook his head and looked down at the kitty cat at his feet. There wasn't any malice in the way he looked at her. Just some annoyance that he had to give up his clothes and watch her for the rest of the three days.“Oi, you can understand me in that form yes? Just follow me downstairs, I'll give you some clothes so you don't freeze your tits off and then we'll get to work.” Voss patiently waited for a response from her. “Err, I'm not supposed to meow aren't I?”
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next