Wayless Wanderer [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Wayless Wanderer [open]

Postby DyingbreathXIII on August 23rd, 2010, 10:42 pm

It all started with a butterfly

I remember it vividly.
I was no more than a boy. For whatever reason i was wandering in the forest away from my family. God, did i even have a family? It's been so long. No matter. I remember the butterfly though. At the moment it looked so small it was then though. it turned out to be the biggest thing in my life though.
Its wings were the most vibrant blue i have ever seen, speckled with every color of the rainbow.I just had to catch it. But as butterflys are wont to do it flew away. So i chased it. Apparently a considerable distance but i cant remember. The next thing i remember was it vanishing. I was about to stop and figure out what happened when the forest i had just seen disappeared and in front of me stood a marvelous temple.
and before the temple stood two armed guards. They grabbed me and dragged me off.
they dragged me before a man. an ancient looking human in luxurious robes.
the guards described how they found me and told the man that they would dispose of me via protocal.
the old man looked deep into my eyes. "not this one" he said. it wasnt until years later that he told me why he said this. he said that when he looked into my eyes that day, what he saw wasnt fear but someone calulating and formulating an escape route and accepting that there werent any without a twinge of fear, only anticipation.
i suppose those traits would be useful in the coming years.
i learned that this was a secret temple. its purpose was a training ground for an organization called the order of the hasshas butterflys. they were assassins, and some of the best. the hasshas butterfly was a symbol of death because people would always find at least one fluttering around before and after one of these assassins struck.
I was trained, not being aloud to leave and potentially tell people about the order.
I became one of the best and was content with this life. that is until my 18th birthday. until the day of the coupe.
It happened quickly. a rabid bid of power by one of the leaders underlings, Mucinia. they fell on the temple like the shadow of a cloud.in the barracks was where i first came in contact with one.it had just slaughtered many of the younger assassins and then leaped at me. One swordswing later and i was running to the headmasters quarters to warn him, leaving only a cleaved corpse behind.
i walked in to the bodys of four assassins and the headmasters wounded badly.
i rushed over but he yelled,"dont!Run run my child!they have won,for now."just as a sword blossomed from his chest.
Mucinia was standing there with a smile on his face. "you always were his favorite" he said, smirking "so i know you wondt surrender. so the only option i have left is to kill you."
i had a tear in my eye as i said "i will kill you, for the master. But not today.", and with that I disappeared in a swarm of butterflys even as mucinia swung, cutting a swathe through the butterflys but missing me.
with no home and no family i am wandering now. perhaps i will become a mercernary, earning money so that one day i can get my revenge.
but right now i see a butterfly, i think i will follow that.
DyingbreathXIII
Player

Words: 1144
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2010, 10:01 pm
Race: Human

Wayless Wanderer [open]

Postby Kelpie on August 23rd, 2010, 10:56 pm

Moderator Intervention

I'm sorry, I think you need to spend a little more time reading through the entire site before posting anything in the forums. You need to read the Starting Guide thoroughly, as well as make sure to read over the naming policy. Your name does not fulfill the requirements listed on the site. It must reflect the name of your character. Also, there is no assassin organization out in the Wildlands. Assassins are not required in a post-apocalyptic world, unless you're in Ahnatep, which is to the south in Ekytol.

Mizahar is also a third-person styled writing forum. First person isn't really practical in a storytelling setting, but whatever floats your boat.

I would suggest you fill out a character sheet, pop into chat and ask some questions and thoroughly spend a day or two reading the majority, if not all of the lore of Mizahar. Thank you.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)