[The Docks] Songs Unsung (Ireth)

Conversations struck and tales told with mutual loves are stronger than needless chatter and fruitless small talk. (Shhh I'm not good at writing summaries)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Naia Whitewater on January 21st, 2014, 8:38 am

Speech | Thoughts
A lake? With water so clear that the very bottom could almost be seen- and so clean that it could be drunk without the aid of treatment or a gnosis? Naia could scarcely tear her gaze from the Ravokian, her sights set form on the rolling waves in the distance. When was the last time she'd been somewhere with water so clear? Was it the coastal party to celebrate the last last Lia's taking of the name? Or the party thrown as a man from a neighboring pod joined whitewater, and one of Whitewater joined theirs?

She gaped like a fish for a moment, suddenly hit with the desire to see this beauty, swallowing hard at the thought of having to venture so far from her sea. But Ravok was in the North, was it not? Perhaps she could sea her oceans again? She pressed her lips and threw a look back to Ireth, a rush of relief hitting her as she caught the words, she spoke, though not quick enough to fully register their meaning.

As Ireth stood, Naia frowned, scrambling to her feet when she saw the woman sway in a way that wasn't quite right, "Here, are you alright?" she said, keeping her words a soft lull, hoping she was not pushing boundaries as she kept a hand light on the woman's shoulder, unsure if she should expect a sudden feint or fall. She gave a rather irritated sigh, pressing her lips as she nodded off towards the docks. She hated it when people tried to keep themselves bottled up - another sign that she was no redblooded native, it seemed, with few locals Naia herself had met, even her own Svefra, willing to keep discomfort to themselves. "I've not been down here in a while, you'll have to lead the way," that being said, Naia was happy to lead the amble along with the woman until they reached hard ground.

Even with her initial flash of quiet annoyance, any negative feeling were as quick to dissolve as they had arrived, Naia keeping her attention soft on Ireth, hoping that one of the few she'd met with love that matched her hadn't hit some serious trouble.

Liar Naia
OOC Note: Decided to kick into gear and bring Naia back, but it might take a month or so until I'm happy that I've cleared everything.
Naia Whitewater
The Roaring Silence

Words: 146083
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ireth Telemnar on March 10th, 2014, 5:21 am

Ireth led the way back up onto the busy street, taking care to allow Naia to walk beside her. She could see the worry in her new friend's eyes, anyone would be able to pick it out. She gently laid a hand on the other girl's shoulder. "Don't worry about me. I'm okay. Promise." She hoped she was smiling reassuringly, she really didn't want Naia to worry.

Ireth fought to get her mind off of the strange tremor that had coursed though her body. "It's almost time for me to start heading back to the Hostel. But first, the baker!" A bright smile lit up her face when she finally located the baker's cart. Greeting the man graciously, the busker was given two flatbreads with herbs basted on top with fresh butter. Rhysol above, it was enough to make any mouth within thirty feet water. Thanking the baker generously, she handed one to Naia, laughing "Here. This is some of the best bread in the entire city."

She paused for a moment, allowing them to eat. The bread was just as amazing as it had been the last time she had had it, perfectly browned and warm. Giggling, she put her hand to her mouth to avoid spraying the Svefra with crumbs. "Isn't it amazing? Someday, I want to learn to make bread like this. That way I won't have to come down here every time I want it." Polishing off the food, Ire swept the crumbs from down her front and beamed up at her new friend.

"Forgive me for rushing off, but everyone is scrambling to return to their homes before the sun sets and I'll be caught in the traffic of it all. It was so wonderful to meet you Naia, you're a wonderful person. I live in the Hostel, and I'd definitely like to see you again. I'd love to get to know you better. Let me know, yeah?"

In her enthusiasm, she wrapped her arms gently around the other girl, hugging Naia quickly. "I'll see you later!"

And like that, she was off, off to thinking and contemplating all that the Svefra had said. Learning about Naia's people had really struck something in the young busker. There were different kinds of people all over Mizahar, people from the highest of the gods to the lowest of the kelvics, that Ireth knew nothing about. Their actions, their traditions, their cultures. And their traditions had to, in one way or another, get soaked up into popular culture. It really made Ireth think, making her almost waltz right into a puddle. Smiling and shaking her head, she turned one last time to look for her new friend but found that the Svefra had disappeared into the crowds.
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Balderdash on June 13th, 2014, 6:07 am

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Naia :
Skill XP Awarded
Subterfuge 1
Socialization 1
Storytelling 2

Lores: Mental Note: Go Out And Enjoy The Sea Spray More, The Sky Is Always The Same, The Ocean's Right There, Nyka Is Almost As Exciting As Fighting Giant Sharks, Ireth The Excessively Bumped Into Busker, Ireth Is Insufficnetly Excited By Bobbing Waves, The Ocean Is Forever, Ravok Is A Hellscape, Ireth Is Pretty Nice For A Ravokian, Proper Nykans Don't Hide Shyke

Items and Consequences: Nil

Ireth :
Skill XP Awarded
Socialization 2
Subterfuge 1
Storytelling 1

Lores: Why Are People Always Being Launched At Me?, Svefra: They Live On Boats And Stuff, Naia the Ocean Appreciating Svefra, Rain Is The Best Thing Ever, Svefra Pods: What and Where, Liking Water Means We Will Be BFFs, Naia Is Very Nice And Shouldn't Be Burdened By Sudden Illness

Items and Consequences: A strong suspicion that someone planted a people-magnet in her clothes. Repute: South +1

The whole bonding bit felt a touch rushed, but the actual interaction was sweet. :D I enjoyed myself. Keep it up!

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Previous