Text Wrap Around an Image

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Postby Vexon Whitegaze on August 26th, 2010, 7:30 pm

I've noticed that many Character Sheets contain images wrapped in text, and even after searching several BBcode websites, I was unable to find any codes that worked. If anyone has any idea how to do this, help would be greatly appreciated; and please, try to keep explanations simple. I'm new to this :nod:.
Original Image Copyright: http://dreamsand.deviantart.com/
Vexon Whitegaze
Player

Words: 183
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Athrias Stormborn on August 26th, 2010, 8:03 pm

The BBC quick code thread might have an example of how to do it, all you have to do when you copy the code is replace { } these kinds of brackets with [ ] these.

Also, small thing, your banner is awesome but it is a tad too tall. They top them out at 150 pix and a width of 600 pix.

And finally, welcome to Mizahar and feel free to ask questions! They're a helpful bunch around here :D
Athrias Stormborn
Player

Words: 13404
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Tarot on August 26th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Text will wrap around images placed with our very own img2 tag.

Code: Select all
[img2=left]image-url[/img2] Image to the left, this text wraps around it.

There's a really nifty trick you can use when you're browsing CSs and wonder how they accomplished a certain trick: quote the post with the button that looks like quotation marks and you'll get to see its source. Just don't actually press "post" or you'll end up posting in someone else's CS. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Vexon Whitegaze on August 26th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Great, thank you both very much for the assistance! I guess I must have overlooked that last time I viewed the thread - and about the banner, I really appreciate the notification. I'll change the height right away. Thank you!
Original Image Copyright: http://dreamsand.deviantart.com/
Vexon Whitegaze
Player

Words: 183
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Human, Drykas