Onward to Sunberth! (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Geras on August 27th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Timestamp: 87th of summer, 510AV

Geras looked back at the walls of the extravagant Stormhold castle, which had been his birthplace, and the place he still considered his home. A place where peace and order reigned. That just wasn't him. He was a warrior, a brawler, an adventurer. That is why he decided to spend his days traveling Sylira. He had recently chosen his next destination to be the lawless city of Sunberth. He houldn't keep his mind off the word lawless, though. He couldn't imagine how a place like that would be, but he decided to stop thinking about it. He was traversing the wilderness alone, and everyone knew that meant trouble. If he didn't keep his focus, he might very well die. He continued forward, not stopping or turning back. He had walked this path many times in the past, but he knew the wilderness could be as unpredictable as his childhood friend, so there was far from any guarantees of safety. Onward he went, hungry for excitement, until he realised something. He had gone the wrong way.
Geras
Player

Words: 10029
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 2:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 28th, 2010, 12:36 am

88th of Summer, 510 AV, Dusk

Danovar had just started the fire. He'd been sitting on a log, concentrating with single-minded devotion as he stared the pile of twigs down. Fire, fire, fire, come on, start bursting into flames already!, he'd thought to himself. The twigs seemed to pay him little mind.

It had been almost four months since his successful attempts at Reimancy. He'd made water rise from a bowl, and many other attempts to control water, and even conjure it, had been successful. The knowledge gave Danovar supreme confidence.

But still no fire.

He didn't understand. The idea seemed so simple. Djen converted into fire. That's all. He'd poked at the subject numerous times. He could grasp the basics, but still, he couldn't control fire. Or anything else, for that matter.

He could splash people. How terrifying.

After giving up in his attempts to make the twigs burst into flames, he took up his flint and sparked the fire manually, constructing a stone monolith on which to fry bacon. Bacon was remarkably prevalent these days. Soon, the smells wafted through the air as Danovar lost himself in internal monologue, gazing up at the stars and fiddling with a stick absently. The tent behind him sagged pathetically as his recent loss of a few key support structures, and the tarp had a few holes in it. On the plus side, at least it kept some of the bugs out.

But only some.
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Words: 6957
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2010, 6:08 am
Character sheet

Postby Geras on August 28th, 2010, 12:55 am

It had been one day since Geras had set off on his journey to Sunberth. It had been one day since he had eaten anything. In his eagerness to get going, he forgot to pack food. He had no knowledge of edible plants, since the way he saw it, it was kill something, then eat it. Why did I buy this armor, Geras thought, now realising just how heavy it was. The heavy claymore strapped to his back didn't help much either. He wasn't used to being hungry, even in the wild, since he normally brought enough supplies. Spare food was one of the benefits of traveling alone.

After another hour of trudging along, he noticed a smell. The familiarly wonderful scent filled the air around him. Bacon! With this glimmer of hope, he dashed to the source. A tent with holes in the top. He rushed into the tent to find a man playing with a few sticks. Damn, it belongs to someone... That didn't stop him though. He did what anyone would do in this situation. He begged.
Geras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 28th, 2010, 1:18 am

Danovar looks at Geras with bewilderment as he begs for bacon like a lost puppy. He moves in front of the bacon and plants his feet, crossing his arms and saying: "I don't know where you came from, why you came here, or how hungry you are. All I know is you aren't getting any bacon of mine. It's all I got left, so find some other gracious host to give you some handouts."

Maybe I could give him just a little... Wait, no! This all the bacon I have left - I'll run out in two days. Bacon and water. By the size of'em, he'll take half my bacon as it is. Gotta work for myself. Others come next. His internal monologue rambles thus as he studies the figure in front of him. The tent is behind him, the log he was sitting on just behind his ankles, and the fire to his left as he'd turned to the man. He observes the armor and weapons.

"And if you think you can butcher it off me, you'll have to find weaker meat. I'm not here to be taken from."
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Character sheet

Postby Geras on August 28th, 2010, 1:31 am

The only thing that Geras herd out of all that was "Aren't getting any bacon." There, surrounded by the pleasantly intoxicating aroma, he stood daftly for a moment. He decided he was going to have to take it from him. The man was slightly taller and had a shortsword, but that wouldn't stop him. Hunger driven adrenaline pumped through his veins as he lunged forward with a punch.

There were few things Geras was good at, but one of them was definitely battle.
Geras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 28th, 2010, 1:58 am

He wasn't expecting that. He wasn't even ready for it, really. Perhaps he could have moved away in time, but he decided it was best to just take it. He shifted sideways and leaned back slightly as the punch connected. With lightning quickness, he fell to the ground, rolled backward perpendicular with the log, and brought himself to a knee. Springing off his left leg, he launches himself forward at the other mans legs to knock him down.
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Character sheet

Postby Geras on August 28th, 2010, 2:11 am

Geras never used tactics at all. He didn't seem to need them with his great endurance and brute strength. His opponent's maneuver connected flawlessly, and he landed on his back and. Once there, rolled away from the man, got upn and headed towards the bacon. He grabbed some, ignoring a slight burn from the fire, and ran, shouting "The bacon is mine! Finally, hot, fresh bacon!" Unfortunately, he wasn't a sprinter.
Geras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 28th, 2010, 2:34 am

Fortunately, Danovar was. He dashed forward, stepping up on the log and leaping high into the air, roaring carelessly, "My bacon! Bastard!"

As he flies through the air at Geras's shoulders, multiple scenarios, outcomes, and possible solutions enter his mind in rapid succession.

Scenario: He was attacking a heavily muscled, armored man who was attempting to steal his bacon. Ludicrous.

Scenario: He would be without bacon, and possibly starve with his lack of hunting tools.

Outcome: He knocks out, kills, or beats the man senseless and takes his nice, crispy bacon back.

Outcome: The man knocks out, kills, or beats Danovar senseless and takes his very nice, very crispy bacon.

Solution: Palm strike to the nose, roundhouse kick to the crotch, scissor kick to the side of the head. Tour de force. His bacon would be his.

Possible Outcome of Aforementioned Solution: He fails a kick, falls to the ground, and is knocked out, killed, or beaten senseless, therefore losing his heavenly, juicy, crispy bacon.

He was now three fourths of the way through the air toward Geras.
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Character sheet

Postby Geras on August 28th, 2010, 2:42 am

Geras was completely unaware of the man behind him, only on what was in front of him. He was growing tired quickly, and, in the slight moment in which he lost his focus, he tripped.
Geras
Player

Character sheet

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 28th, 2010, 2:50 am

Danovar flies over Geras as he trips, taken by surprise by the stumble. He lands cumbersomely, and rolls to his feet, turning on the spot three feet from the other man and spreading his feet in a ready stance. "Think you'll steal my food? There's no way. Get up, and see how well you chew bacon with a broken jaw."
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Character sheet

Next