Of Romances and Fish (private)(closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Of Romances and Fish (private)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 31st, 2010, 1:34 am

Akiva took Keorvic's rod from him in near awe and wonder. She imitated Keorvic's actions and pulls the fishing pole over her shoulder then cast it out towards the water. The cork that served as a bobber landed about a foot from the water's edge. "I did it! Look at me! I can fish!" She shouted happily. It was about a second later that the slight breeze that was in the air blew the bobber to shore, where it stayed. Akiva frowned. "I guess I didn't.."
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 31st, 2010, 2:34 pm

Keorvic watched as the beaustiful naked Kelvic flailed wildly and barely got the line into the water. "Uh, okay here." he took the rod and reeled it in quickly. "Anothing thing you might want to keep in mind is that fish can hear sounds that happen above water, and will flee from loud noises. once we drop a line in a place we like, we will have to be relatively quiet." He thought for a moment. Then he realized that he wasn't actually thinking, he was just sitting thier staring at Akiva's body. He quickly looked around, and cleared his throat. "Here, this time try to move a bit more smoothly. I know you can move smoothly..." he said with a wink. he handed her the rod again, and suddenly had a great idea. "Here, I'll do it with you." With that he pressed himself up against her and grasped her hands in his, so that they overlapped on the rod. He cheered for himself on the stage in his mind at the clever maneuver, and then got back to the task at hand. He drew back the rod, and Akiva's arms with it, and smoothly cast the line. it was a good cast, albeit not as good as he normally would cast. "Like that, see? now reel it in and try by yourself while I watch your-- Uh...um while I watch."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 31st, 2010, 2:46 pm

Akiva reeled the line in as Keorvic had showed her, bouncing happily up and down. 'I'm learnin' how to fish... fish, fish... mmm..fish.' An image of dancing tuna played in her mind, followed by a picture of her with a plate of raw tuna about to dig in. "Okay so I do it like this?" she whispered, drawing the pole back behind her then casting it out towards the water again, just as he had done with her. It landed a good distance out in the water, but nowhere near as far as Keorvic could cast it.

She could already see it, not only would she be getting a lot of fish from selling mizas, but she would be catching them as well. She would be able to eat fish for every meal. Lots and lots of fish. She would have a feast of fish laid out nightly in which only she could attend, and maybe Keorvic. And Kipps.

Meanwhile, Kipps would be found snoozing in a tree near the camp, where a large grasshopper would find him. Though this was not the grasshopper's favorite time of the day to be out, he thought maybe he could still have a bit of fun with this furred thing sleeping in his tree. The grasshopper jumped toward the sleeping cat and landed on his head, waking that cat from his slumber. Kipps stood up, confused, and looked around. The grasshopper did not move as the cat stood. The cat, bewildered, went back to sleep. The grasshopper would stay there until he got bored, then jump onto the cats tail, which prompted another awakening of the beast. The cat flicked his tail and stood again, looking for the cause of the disturbance. Seeing nothing, he went to sleep again.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 31st, 2010, 8:03 pm

Keorvic watched her bounce. He also watched her draw the pole back and throw the line. It was quite a sight. the curves of her body shifted and flowed together, each intensely appealing in their own right, but combined with the rest they were works of art. She was a work of art. Keorvic couldn't help but feel his heart speed up as he thought about it. and feel other things. Even though he knew she was probably thinking about something completely different than he (probably along the lines of how shiny the water was or daydreaming about eating fish,) he felt that this was a special moment.

She seemed to be waiting for him, and he realized that he had completely forgotten about teaching her to fish. "Jeez, I've got the attention span of kipps!" he thought. Mentally shaking himself, he got his mind back on the matter in from of him. The beaustiful matter in front of him. He shook him self again and leaned forward. "Yes. good job!" he said quietly into her ear. this close, he could smell her skin, he could smell her hair, and he could smell something else that he couldn't quite place. He leaned in slightly further and kissed her gently on the cheek. "You are a very fast learner." he murmured. "That's also very good placement. Now what I usually do is tie down the rod to free my hands for...other things." he said, gently taking the rod and doing just that. He was telling the truth. usually he would cast the line, tie it down, and then carve for a while, but this time he was hoping for something more interesting.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 31st, 2010, 10:39 pm

Akiva let Keorvic take the rod from her and tie it down so that she would not have to hold it the whole time. "Other things? Like what?" He seemed to be more than distracted by something, and that something seemed to be making him very very sweet. She wondered if it was the "perfume" she had used earlier. She knew women of the human society liked to put things on themselves to make themselves smell better, so she had tried it as well. She had found some pretty flowers earlier, and while she thought about using them as acessories, the idea of smelling like a "lady" had appealed to her at the time, so she used their scent as her new scent for tonight. She turned to kiss him as he kissed her ear, biting his lower lip gently. Akiva had learned her lesson when kissing Keorvic. Though he could take most of her abuse, she knew too well now that she could bite pretty hard. "Why don't you join me? It's so nice to be free like this, you humans don't try it quite so often. I don't know why, why be afraid to show yourself? It's not like everyone isn't the same anyway." She looked up at the moon again, it would be around the first bell by now.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 3rd, 2010, 1:22 am

Keorvic started to panic a little bit. he was feeling frisky, yes, but he also needed to catch some fish for breakfast, and he wasn't ready to make love on a rock less than a minute or two from camp. Also, he felt they were just moving too quickly "well um, usually I like to carve or take a nap or something. um." he said lamely. he hoped his sudden change in attitude wouldn't offend Akiva. He still wished to do things, but he wanted to wait for sunrise, and have the satisfaction of a batch of fish for Azerix to cook with spices or for himself to fry up. He hoped a fish would bite soon. Akiva could be EXTREMELY single-minded about certain things when she wanted them, and that would be a nice distraction.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 3rd, 2010, 1:53 am

Akiva looked at Keorvic, confused. He had changed the topic so suddenly, like he didn't want to do anything anymore. She was sure he had wanted something from her just moments before. She mentally shrugged, she was more hungry than anything tonight anyway, and a bit contemplative...or, at least as contemplative as any Kelvic housecat could be. Maybe he was just tired today, or hungry like she was. She was especially hungry now that they were on the topic of fish... She was interrupted from her confusion by a sudden bouncing of the pole. The bobber splashed and sank into the water, then came up again and bounced more. "This means there is food at the end of that string now right?" She said to Keorvic. "Can you show me how to get it out?" She asked, anxious to get the fish. 'Fish..fish..fish...mmm..' She thought, drooling slightly at her thoughts of giant salmon. She was sure Keorvic would want to wait till tomorrow to eat the fish though, which kind of cancelled out her excitedness, but nonetheless, she was still excited to learn how to get her own fish.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 3rd, 2010, 2:17 am

Keorvic heaved a mental sigh of relief. He knew that there was little to be done, and that before the day truely began, she would have her way with him. That wasn't a bad thing, of course, but it would mean that they would both be quite tired before they even began the daily march. "well, back to the matter at hand." he thought to himself, and stood up and hurried over to the fishing pole.

"Right, the first thing is to realize that fish are far stronger than you'd think. If you try to pull them in with brute force alone, the line will snap, and I will soon run out of hooks. what you need to do is pull on the line, like this," he said, bringing up the pole a few feet and leaning back. "And then roll forward and reel in, keeping the line tight, but not too much so. You don't want it to have enough slack that it can dive, but you also want to keep it so that if he makes a quick turn or yanks back real hard, it wont break the line. This doesn't feel like a massive fish, which means it could be a stick. But I don't think it is. Here, you try it." he said. he handed the pole to Akiva, and made sure she had a good grip on it before he let go. "Make sure you don't get to eager and pull to hard. Roll back, the lean forward an reel it in, then do it again till you've got it." He repeated.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 3rd, 2010, 2:39 am

Akiva took the pole, careful not to let it fall. She pulled on it just as Keorvic had showed her. To her surprise, she saw the fish emerge from the water on the hook, the string of the fishing pole unbroken. She lifted the pole vertically so that the fish would swing closer to her, and caught it as it came close. "Did I do that right? Maybe this fishing thing won't be so hard after all." she said gleefully. She looked at the fish again and frowned, it's mouth was wide open and it's eyes were large, round, and pitiful. "Well how do I get him off of this damn hook? He looks less appetizing with it." She held the fish out to Keorvic in anticipation. It was a pretty small fish, but it would be an okay meal for her.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 3rd, 2010, 3:52 am

Keorvic grinned and congradulated Akiva on her first fish ever. Taking it, he mutterend an apology, and killed it with a sharp blow to the head with a small club. He turned back to his Kelvic consort and warned her about the dangers at this point. "really this is where people do stupid things and get hurt. make sure you're careful of the hook. I've seen men die from the infection fish hooks can cause. also some fish have sharp spines on thier fins and you will want to be careful. Now I want you to see if you can cast a line again, and see if you can get another."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

PreviousNext