Of Romances and Fish (private)(closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Of Romances and Fish (private)(closed)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 27th, 2010, 11:33 pm

52nd Day of Summer 510 AV

It would still be another two weeks or so before they would arrive at Sunberth, their goal since the beginning of summer, since before they had become very close. Since their journey had begun, the three traveling from Syliras to Sunberth had become quite close. She was glad she had brought them on this journey on little more than a whim of a piece of paper just after meeting the mage Azerix, and her new lover and master, the fisherman Keorvic. While she found great joy in Azerix as a friend, with his subtle humor and much blatant humor by his sacrifice (as he was a very scared and unknowledgable mage, for the wilderness at least), she had found quite a bit more in the fish man, who brought her pleasure, warmth, happiness, and most importantly...fish.

She looked up from her spot on a large flat rock looking over a small lake. The moon was full tonight, and the sky was clear. The small clearing that held the lake was full of life tonight, deer drank from the waters below, owls made their nightly rounds. She had gone off from camp, leaving Azerix to keep watch, she was sure Keorvic would be asleep by this hour. She wasn't afraid of being attacked by anything, not anymore. They had taken care of numerous beasts and a pair of bandits on their journey so far, and she was sure she could handle whatever were to come at her. However, she did carry her full set of weapons with her tonight, her two daggers, two knives, bow and a quiver full of arrows, as well as the seven or so throwing daggers in her pack.

She wasn't sure why she was out here tonight, she had just woken up with a feeling of needing to be away from camp, out in the wilderness. She was sure it was probably her animal side calling out. She had spent far more time as a human than she had as a cat lately, and probably in her entire two years of existance. She was starting to feel more human than cat, which was entirely out of nature for Kelvic, but she was beginning to be okay with that. Being a human and a part of their society may not be so bad, even if she would always be slightly out of place. She sighed and slipped her shirt over her shoulders and placed it off to the side with her weapons. She then stood up and removed her skirt, kicking it toward her pile of stuff as well. She looked up to the moon again, and in an instant she was her cat self, white fur shining in the moonlight. She sat again and purred softly to herself. It was nice to be a cat again.
Last edited by Akiva Korvashi on September 12th, 2010, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Of Romances and Fish (private)

Postby Keorvic on August 28th, 2010, 12:49 am

Keorvic crfept though the forest, silent as possible (which wasn't very silent.) He had woken up alone, something that was getting rare after meeting his new friend, and apperent lover. Akiva. He had started out simply following a silly little note she had found, simply seeking adventure. Now he had genuine deep feelings for the little cat-kelvic. She was different than any girl he had ever known, and fulfilled a part of him he didn't know needed filling.

A loud crack jolted him out of his thoughts, and he realized that while he had been thinking about Akiva he had stopped trying to be quiet and had tread on a dead rotting limb, which had broken beneath his foot. With a sigh he readjusted his fishing gear. He was fully rested somehow, dispite only a few hours of sleep, and figured they would be leaving the small lake in the morning, so he would take this opportunity to stock up on some food. he would cook it when he got back to camp, so that it wouldn't go bad. He chuffed out a laugh at himself. "Thats assuming I actually catching anything." he thought to himself.

He finally reached the lake and looked around for a good spot to cast his line. There was a big rock that had a nice overhang, but there was an even better spot on the other side where a tree had fallen in the water. the foliage would be decomposing and attract curious fish.

He ambled over, glad of the full moon that let him see such a good spot. After some deliberation, He chose a smaller hook, sure that there wouldn't be any truely large fish in a lake this small. It really was more of a pond. He dug out some dry bait and stuck it on the hook. He stepped gingerly out onto the trunk of the tree, doing his best not to shake the tree. a little shaking would be fine, riling up any sleeping fish, but too much would make the skittish. finally he found a place that he could sit, and settled down. With a deft flick of the rod, he placed the line right at the edge of the tree and leaned back against a branch jutting up behind him. with that he settled in and waited for a bite.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 28th, 2010, 1:19 am

Akiva sat in the moonlight, tail swishing back and forth. She loved her tail, it brought her much entertainment in her times as a cat. Often she would play with Kipps, waving her tail back and forth in front of him until he chased her. She wasn't quite sure where he was right now, he had kept to himself during the night on most nights of their journey. Tonight she was sure he had gone to explore the surrounding forest. She never worried about Kipps, he knew not to get caught by anything or to get himself into trouble.

A branch snapped in the forest nearby and she turned to face whatever it was, but saw nothing. Must be a deer, she thought, and turned back to the lake. The deer had noticed something too, and were looking around. They quickly fled into the forest as a dark figure edged around the lake and stepped onto a fallen tree. She couldn't see what the figure looked like from where she was, so she decided to investigate. She ran silently to the other side of the lake and stopped a good distance behind the figure whose back was to her now. It was a bulky figure, about the size of Keorvic, with dark hair, about the length of Keorvic's. She crept closer, her claws ready to strike if need be, until she saw him cast a line of a fishing pole into the lake.
"Keorvic!" She said pouncing toward him, though it came out as a very loud meow, so he probably wouldn't be able to understand her. She landed in his lap, purring, and rubbed up against his arm happily.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 28th, 2010, 1:50 am

Keorvic closed his eyes and leaned back, prepared to wait. Several minutes passed, and before he realized it, the bobber on his line plunged, and the pole flexed. with a start, he leaned back forward and began to reel it in. Suddenly he heard a loud meow, and a white blur streaked into his lap. He looked down into the big eyes of a purring cat. "Hi Akiva hang on just a minute..." he said, trying to balance and reel at the same time. suddenly the line grew taught, and he realized the fish had dove into the follaige. "Ah thats a bad end for anyone." he said, knowing that the fish would slowly starve to death, teathered to a branch by a hook in its mouth. "well, I guess this wasn't a good place to fish after all. Lets move out to that rock." He said to Akiva. He stood up and inched back to the shore. He then bent over and gathered up his gear. With that he checked to sede Akiva was following him, and walked back around the lake to the large rock overhang.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 28th, 2010, 2:34 am

The tree swayed as Keorvic got up and moved toward the shore of the lake. Akiva was not happy about this. She was over water, and she did not like water. She ran quickly toward the shore, passing Keorvic as he went back for his fishing gear. She stopped when she got to the shore and looked back at Keorvic. Knowing he would follow her, she made her way back to the rock where she had left her stuff and layed down on top of the pile of clothing she had left. Things were always much more comfortable when she was a cat, she wasn't even sure why she was mostly a human now for that matter. Everything was easier, and she didn't have to deal with all the rules of society. Also, she loved being petted, which was much easier to get as a housecat than a human, although quite a few males did like her human form. Being a human had its benefits as well though, after all she did get to meet interesting people like Keorvic and Azerix, and all those strange people from Syliras.

It had to be around eleven by now, the moon was high and the air was cool as summer nights get with a slight breeze from the east. The trees swayed lightly in the forest around her and she could hear the sounds of night, crickets in the grass, bats in the trees, other various creatures of the night. The night was a nice time, the air was nice, the sounds were nice, the smells were nice, but mostly, her love companion was very fun at night. If she were in her human form now she would have giggled, but as she were a cat all she could do was purr. She would turn into her human form when Keorvic caught up with her.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 28th, 2010, 3:29 am

Keorvic kept walking when the cat-kelvic disappeared into the night. she obviously didnt like being near water, so it was strange that she had picked this place to sleep. of course, he wouldn't surprise him if she had set it up so that he would come out here away from Azerix. She was a woman after all. either way, he was happy to have found her. as he reached the rock overhang, he saw her curled up on a pile of what looked like her clothes, and purring. Kipps, of course, was nowhere to be found. Keorvic had grown used to seeing them together whenever she reverted to her cat form, but assumed he must have gone off to find something small and squeeky to torment.

setting down his gear, he pulled out his pole and cast a line with a different hook. he wedged it into place, makeing sure that not even a strong tug could pull it loose, then secured it further with a length of heavy twine. he then turned to Akiva and began stroking her. She was beautiful in both forms (albeit he felt no sexual attraction to her as a cat, his intrests didn't lean that way.) but he could appreciate her beauty anyways. "So what brings you out here tonight?" he asked her, hoping to get her to turn back into her human form so he could appreciate her beauty a little more.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 29th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Akiva stood up and stepped away from her clothing bed, transforming almost instantly into her naked human self. "I needed some air," she said, walking over to him casually. "Sometimes I just need to get away from sleeping in tents and by fires, I thought I might learn more about your element, even though I really don't like water." She sat next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. She had to admit, he was an intimidating man. She had found it hard at first to see him as more than a man-toy because of this, but gradually she had come to know him as more of a lover and a master. "I was wondering, since you're a very good fish-man. I'm always taking your fish and can't get my own, so I was wondering if you could possibly teach me to catch them myself, so you won't have to do twice as much fishing for both of us?" She said with more than a hint of question and anxiousness in her voice. She didn't want him to be offended about her asking for his trade secrets, it wasn't like she would try to sell fish or anything. Fish were far too valuable to give to other people, even for the money-stuff humans liked called mizas. She had plenty of those already, too many in fact. She would rather people pay her in fish. Maybe that would be her business, selling mizas for fish. She smiled at the thought, it was a good idea.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 29th, 2010, 3:04 pm

Keorvic goggled at her. even though he enjoyed her company most every night, she was still stunningly beautiful, and could render him breathless at a whim. She leaned up against him and he all but drooled. in the moonlight she seemed to glow with unearthly beauty. Keorvic realized his mind was going in circles and his eyes were roaming, and that his hands were starting to wander too. he got a hold of himself and gathered up his various bits and mentally glared at his mind (which was now conjuring up all sorts of interesting images and had convinced his libido to start throwing its weight around) untill he could think straight.

With that, he settled for putting one arm around her, and using the other to support him. she was pushing against him, and seemed to be trying to purr still while she was talking. then she stopped talking, and he wish she would start again, because she had a wonderful voice. something told him that he should review the last half minute before he said something.

"oh um, yeah it's no problem, i like to fish, but it would be wonderful to have you with me fishing beside me. We will have to get you a rod, but till then you can use mine. um..." he stuttered as he realized what he had just said, but carried on, hoping she wouldnt notice. "But um, the first thing is that you gotta pick a good spot. calm places are good for small fish, but fish that are good for meals will be found in deeper water or swift moving water, but only sometimes. uh, why dont I show you how to cast a line first, and then we work from there?"
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on August 29th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Akiva smiled in delight and rubbed up against Keorvic's shoulder. "Sounds good to me, where do we go to fish then? Here? Do I have to go in there?" She said, pointing to the small lake in disgust. She could do without catching her own fish if it meant going into that. Public baths and such were one thing, but this water was deeper and darker, and wetter no doubt. She shook her head at the thought. "I bet there's dog-monsters in the water...they probably have spikes and giant fins..." she mumbled to herself, furthering her intentions of staying as dry as she could during this fish hunting experience.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on August 30th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Keorvic laughed. "No, you don't need to go into the water, and there are no dogfish here anyways. those are coastal fish, and small at that." He smiled at her. "Some people use spears to catch the fish, and some are able to catch fish with their hands (although frankly, since they use their fingers as bait, I think they are crazy,) and I've even heard of people useing explosives, though I dont know how that is even possible. No, I prefer the simple use of the rod." he said, gesturing at his fishing pole. "The first thing you need to know is how to cast a line. some cast from the side because they worry about getting the hook stuck in themselves. I have never actually had that happen, and as such throw from over my shoulder." He reeled in the line, and demonstrated a quick cast. With that he reeled it in, and handed Akiva the rod. "Here, you try."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Next