Look What The Tide Washed In... (E'adrix)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on August 30th, 2010, 2:56 am

Timestamp: 80th of Summer AV
Once the quiet peace of death surrounded the Drykas. It was not ideal for the man, he much prefered life but he never thought that he would actually live again. In what seemed like moments the sweet peace of the afterlife was but a dream and what was real was the raging waters that fought against the man's body. This man could not swim, he had been a Drykas. They were people of the land, people of the wild. There was no reason for the man to know how to swim. He looked to the sky and saw the sun slowly making it's way to the horizon where she would be with her lover the moon, the man's god. He tried to scream for help but who would hear him out in the water? He was all alone in the dark waves. He was out of his element and was most likely going to die out there right after he had fallen back to Mizahar. He fought against the waves with his short brown hair plastered against his skin silently praying to Leth in his mind. "Leth, save me!" The words sounded forgien to him. No longer could his lips form the words that he had spoken before his fall. Now he was speaking in Common tounge. He fought hard but in the end the waves pulled him under.

Below the waves the world was silent and dark. "Am I dead again?" He stopped the struggle against the waves and stayed motionless in the water. Everything was beyond his control now. "Leth, if you can still hear me please help me to safety. Use your influece over the waves to get me to land. I'm leaving my life in your hands." After that prayer he gave up. He reliquished control and let Leth choose what happened next. His body passed though the waves as he laid there motionless. He was in a dream-like state letting the waves pass him through the sea. He had no idea wherehe was going, only that he hoped that he would not die again.

A while later a body washed up on the beach. It was a man with black hair and the beauty that could only be of another world. This man looked nothing like the man who had been drowning but the two were one in the same. He laid there face down on the beach with the waves crashing around him. His clothing was soaked, his hair was dripping wet, and to anyone he would have appeared to be dead. He was alive, and very much so. He would have been better off if he slept forever but he couldn't. He stayed there motionless and in all ways fast asleep like a child. Completely peaceful and to someone who did not know better, completely harmless.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'adrix on August 30th, 2010, 3:48 am

The calm of the afterlife was best suited for E'adrix, she enjoyed the peace and quiet, and she loved the easiness and the flow. She was never prepared for the day that she plummeted back to the cold world below her, she was not prepared for living again. She found herself suddenly rocked by the waves of the sea, swirling and buffeting in a rythm soothing, but troubling. She used her gills to breathe easy in the water and thry to keep herself from panic. She did not know why she was no longer in her celestial home, resting amongst stars. There was a helplessness washing over her regardless of her trying, a sense of loss and deprivation surrounded her as the waves pushed her farther and farther to wherever they would carry her. She didn't struggle because she didn't know why she should, and she didn't fight. She only trusted that Leth would carry her to where she need be, and that she would get there unscathed.
As the hours of daylight wore on, she was finally deposited onto a abruptly halting mass of land, where she lay breathing air and resting, becoming familiar to the strange sensation of land that was once so familiar. All was quiet except for the flush of waves onto the shore, and as the sun baked down there she lay, asleep in the sand.
When she woke it was dark and Leth cast his pale light over the waters. Her clothing had dried and her hair, which she touched with caution the alien strands. It seemed her hair had changed from it's former life, and become the purest white silk. Confused and alone she walked, staring at the stars above her and wondering how she had fallen from being once spangled among them. As she stared out over the water from which she crawled, she was stopped when a shadow of a figure laying in the sand was illuminated by the moonlight. E'adrix walked closer to the figure in wonder and curiosity, and before long, she saw it was a man. She ran up and tapped him on the shoulder and perhaps learn where she was.
Last edited by E'adrix on August 30th, 2010, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
E'adrix
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post35809.html

Words: 2573
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2010, 1:04 am

Postby Sitkanis on August 30th, 2010, 5:01 am

OOCHey Dani, this is Sarah (Cheshire). I wanted to rp on your fine little town so you wouldn't be lonely. We got everything straightened out. Sorry for that.
The man's dreams flowed like the wind that always rushed through his past home although he could not remember where that home was. He saw beautiful waves of color and horses rushing through the grass. It was so beautiful and relaxing. Suddenly it all dissapeared. There was a nudge at the man's side. His eyes opened quickly and he jumped to his feet. He was about to yell out at who ever had woken him but something was wrong. The ground was too close. About six inches too close. He struggled to keep his ground as he adjusted to the weird phenominon of being so close to the ground. "What is wrong with me?" He felt dizzy and confused. He had no idea was what happening. He looked forward and saw a girl. She was beautiful beyond belief but he could not trust her. She must have drugged him. He looked at her with crazed eyes. "I don't know who you are but you have about five seconds to reverse what ever you did to me. No one drugs..." He stopped at the end of his sentance where his name was supposed to be. He could not remember what it was. This girl had really done a number on him, or at least he thought that. He glared at her with the eyes of a cornered animal. Although he could not remember being a Drykas the mentality of one was still burned into his instincts. 

The man was scared but he would not show it. He gritted his teeth and pointed at her. "Tell me what you did." His tone was angry and threatening. His eyes trailed to his outstreached arm where the sleave of his shirt hung loosely. That was not normal. His shirt usually fitted quite well over his muscles. What was more odd what his hand. It was not his. The horizontal scars the had been branded into his palm from years of riding were gone. What replaced them was soft pale skin that seemed to radiate a moon-like glow. "What is happening to me?" His heart raced and he reached at his side for even a dagger to threaten the girl with. There was nothing there though. He was unarmed. His eyes darted all over the beach until he found a small pointed rock. He grasped it in his hand and looked at the girl. "You better tell me what is going on here or you are losing and eye." His words were sharp and direct. He was not above killing this girl. He needed answers and he would get them no matter what it took.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'adrix on October 20th, 2010, 12:25 am

The man’s reaction was startling to say the least. E’adrix automatically recoiled as the man snapped out of his lucid haze. The first thing she noticed was the darkness of his eyes, even though they were a beautiful color, they flamed with a ferocity that made something inside her afraid. His stance was tense, poised for attack on her, and he seemed to be completely capable of carrying out these horrendous threats that he was throwing at her. E’adrix took an unaccustomed breath and faced the man head on, trying not to shrink away from his impeding anger. “I am sorry but I have caused no harm to you,” she said to the fierce man. As she stood, continuing to examine him with a calm gaze. She looked at him square in the eys, they were tantalizing though, He was a very beautiful man, despite the offsetting character flaws; namely the excessive aggression. But there was a fearful confusion she sensed about him.
She didn’t know weather or not to ask him where they were, or where he was from. The man obviously wasn’t friendly and probably didn’t want her asking him a lot of questions. She paused for a second and tried to get a bearing on her surroundings, but there was nothing to see on the beach it being so dark and lonely. There were only waves that she could seeand she settled instead to look up to the bright orb glinting above the water. The calm ripples ridden with the pale light seemed to mock her, and the stars littered across the blackness held a mourning. Or perhaps it was just her mourning for the place she had just left.
When she sensed that the man had calmed slightly, she turned back to him. He was examining his form as if it were not his own it seemed. She found this bizarre, and raised one eyebrow at his actions. “I do not suppose you know where I am? Or how I got here? You see I am very confused right now, I don't believe I'm supposed to be here,” She cringed away from him and didn’t gauge his reaction, only listened for some semblance of an answer that didn’t involve him putting out her eye.
E'adrix
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post35809.html

Words: 2573
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2010, 1:04 am

Postby Sitkanis on October 20th, 2010, 2:12 am

Anger licked at Sitkanis, causing him to grip his rock tightly. This girl had to have enchanted him. There was no other explanation for his current predicament. How else does a man wake up on a beach shorter, void of his past scars, and completely wiped out mentally? Sitkanis' light eyes stayed focused on the woman. Although she claimed to be innocent he did not trust her. "If it was not you who changed me who was it? Leth? I don't think so." His voice was hostile and treatening. He wanted to rip this girl apart. He was not sure how he could, he was a bit uneasy at the moment. "I don't care if your appearance makes you out to be an angel. I know you did something to be. What do you want? Mizas? Jewels? I don't have anything. I'll take your life if you don't change me back though. I promise you that."

The girl looked scared and Sitkanis' lips formed a wolfish smile. "Not so great when you are the one in trouble is it?" The girl looked like a scared rabbit. Sitkanis was confused. "If she is so scared why is she not fighting back with her magic? She obviously knows about morphing, why is she not fighting back?" His eyes watched her like a predator, waiting for her to move. He was ready the moment she twitched to attack. She started to ask questions about him. He eyed her carefully. "Who wants to know woman?" He was angry but even in his anger a thought came to him. There was a way to tell if the woman was lieing. Sitkanis closed his eyes and let his Djed flow through him. When he opened them a light pink wave seemed to twist around the woman. It spiked in places and faded to yellow as it waved. She really was scared. The woman could not see this wave. It was her aura. It showed what the eye could not see. "I know nothing about you, nor do I know anything about myself." Sitkanis was lost and it seemed as though he would not get help from this girl.

To break the silence Sitkanis walked to the water. He watched as the waves washed in and out. A strange man looked back at him. He had lilac colored eyes, horns, and deep black hair. The man was beautiful, if one could call a man beautiful. Sitkanis tilted his head and the man did too. "There is no way... no, this can't be me!" He punched the water and droplets errupted from where his fist fell. He stayed there looking at the rippling water on his hands and knees. Once again the water calmed to show the same person as before. "What in Leth's name is going on with me? Where am I?... Who am I?" His heart raced and everything felt like it was falling. Why did he have to fall from the Ukalas?
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on March 1st, 2011, 9:52 pm

She seemed to fall into a daze, this beautiful women of otherworldly mien, but she was seeing a masculine version of herself and her body felt wrong, and the world felt wrong, and she looked up and saw the moon, which was... wrong. One word he kept repeating took up a bell toll in her mind: Leth, Leth, Leth.

"No... no! Leth? My lord?"

She fell to her knees, ignoring Sitkanis for the moment. What violence could he do to her that her lord could not deflect. It was the separation from the moon god that she feared most. Her arms, smooth and perfect, rose toward the heavenly body, imploring.

"What have I done? What have I done?!"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on March 2nd, 2011, 1:20 am

How dare the woman ignore him! Sitkanis stormed over to her side and glared down at her. "You won't have to pray to Leth if you don't answer me. I'll make you meet him. What is going on here?" His lilac eyes burned into the woman's head. Her small body seemed to glow with the same luster that his own did. The anger was raging in his chest. It was clawing at his rib and threatening to take its revenge on the woman in front of him.

Leth's light seemed to dance on the waves, teasing Sitkanis. The water seemed to whisper taunts to him. "You are never going home. You are stuck here son of Leth…" He felt to his knees letting out a ripping yell. "Shut up! Shut up! I need to get home! Sitkanis' eyes flicked over to the girl and grabbed her by her collar. "What is going on here? Why am I not in the Ukalas? Why can I not remember anything? For the love of the gods, I cannot even remember my own name!" He would paint the beach red with her blood if he had to. He was going to find answers. "I do not care if you are a woman, I do not care if you are some powerful vixen of magic. I will spill your blood to get the answers I need. I am away from my god. I can not be in a more horrible place so I do not fear what will happen to me if I kill you." His fingers gripped harder into her neck. When a mind knew nothing, instinct crept in. Although Sitkanis could not remember it, the hunter Drykas in him was shining though. He would not stop until he got what he was hunting for. The only difference this time was now he was not hunting animals, he was simply hunting for the truth.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on March 3rd, 2011, 6:21 am

She was confused, and in the same boat as he even if he could not recognize it. She remembered another place. Ukalas. Peering through the black mantle of the galaxy, dancing with the stars. He shook her and shook her, the violence doing nothing to reach that spark of her that wasn't reeling from the shock of it all. She turned to gaze at him, recognizing something in him.

"Sitkanis," she said, her word a benediction, a sigh, and a farewell.

Her eyes slipped quickly into something entirely not sane. Squirming out of his grasp, she ran back into the surf, stumbling once, then up and wading out and out and out toward the great reflection of Leth upon the water.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on March 7th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Sitkanis looked at the girl with a confused look. "Sitkanis, that seemed… fitting." The girl was struggling though. She wanted to break free and he needed answers. She was heading to the water. He got up to run after her but stopped as the water rushed over his toes. "I can't get to her. Petching little bitch." He had made it out of the water safely once that night. He would not test it again. He needed answers though. The girl had to have them. The choice was hard but he would have to compromise. Obviously the hostile approach was not working. He did not know how else to reason with people but he would have to try.

Lilac eyes turned up to look at Leth. "Give me guidance. I am confused and I need to talk to that woman. I don't know who else to turn to. No one else is here on this beach." Sitkanis eyed the moon carefully as if he was waiting for Leth to look down at him and give him an answer. "Help me find kind words. I cannot find them on my own."

"Miss! Miss, come back here! If we are stuck in this predicament we might as well work together. I'm sorry about how I acted. I was scared." Sitkanis did not like to admit that he was scared to death. His hunter mentality skill stuck fast to him. To his core he as a proud Drykas and he did not want to show weakness. He did not have many options though. It was either he admitted his fears or he would have to face them alone.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on March 15th, 2011, 6:07 am

As she waded desperately out to sea, she tasted salt on her lips. It might have been the seawater or the saline of her tears, but it didn't matter. Her sobs were a plea to be taken home, and her attempt to hold the moon's reflection in her arms merely helped her trip into the water, stumbling out of her depth. It wasn't until she was actually a ways out that she realized she couldn't swim, but that was of no moment. This world was too much of too many things for her to survive there again.

She was deaf to Sitkanis' pleas. Though they had been, perhaps, siblings in the Moon's holy embrace for countless years, he had turned on her, and sent her into Laviku's cold arms for safety. Finally she fell under the water with a sigh and that was all. No air bubbles from below, just the lapping of wavelets against Sitkanis' bare ankles. No light but for the accusing eye of Leth and the twinkle of city lights behind him.

Leth was watching him, and so far, his lost son was a disappointment. It remained for Sitkanis to redeem himself.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next