Solo [Bronze Woods] War Games

Kreig is in a game of life and death...will he survive?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Kreig Messer on January 12th, 2014, 2:34 am

Winter 513 AV, 13th day of Winter.

Kreig panted as he rested his back against a tree, petch, he didn't realize how quickly things could go to shyke. There was five of them, five of them patrolling part of the bronze woods while the rest of the wings went and patrolled another. He was under a man named Petrovius Alante, he and the rest didn't expect to things to go the way they did....though Kreig should have seen it coming.

Out of nowhere they struck, quickly they had took out Pertrovius and one other with their bows while taking out the remaining two with their blades. Petch, it happened so fast. Kreig gripped his longsword and shield tightly and breathed deeply, he was able to take out two of them befoer getting the bright idea to run way. Of his wing he was the only one left, he didn't know if the remaining wings ran into trouble, but a hunch told him they probably did ' Hopefully their luck wasn't as shyke as ours.... He told himself. He could hear them now, he could hear the enemy sound out their commands.... they were getting closer.

Kreig planted rested his blade and shield against the tree and unfastened his Crossbow from his harness, the bow string was already pulled and cocked. He reached for his quiver and pulled out a bolt, rested it atop of the groove " Quickly, he could not have gotten far!" Yes, they were getting closer, he could hear them quite clearly. They must've been close; in winter sound tends to travel less thanks to the snow, the wet white cold material sucked the sound in greedily. For them to be heard so easily meant that once he jumped out, he would see them clearly. He moved slightly, looked around the tree. There were three of them, three warriors.... young and well armed, as well armed as he, as well armed as his comrades whom they'd swiftly taken out.

They didn't notice him, the shadows of the tree hiding his form.... but they would soon enough. One of them held a shortbow in hand, he turned around... searching for a target, searching for anyone who would sneak up on them, ready to fire an arrow at a moment's notice. He would be the first.... Kreig came out of hiding, quickly raising his light crossbow, the butt of the stock against his shoulder. He didn't have time to aim, he didn't need to though...the target was close enough. He pressed the trigger and let the bolt fly, it struck the archer in the back before he could even hear the warnings of his comrades. It wasn't a perfect shot, but it got the job done. Kreig quickly tossed the crossbow to the side and grabbed for his shield, he held it like a lid with both hands as one of his opponents charged at im and left him no tie to hold it proper.

The warrior swung his broad sword in an overhead strike, Kreig struck back with the shield and knocked the blade back the moment it imapacted. Kreig let go of the shield and his hands darted forward like lighting, one hand grabbed the warrior by the shoulder and the other hand the wrist of the warrior's sword arm. He kneed the warrior hard in the stomach, at the same time tightening his hold on the warriors wrist and forcing him to drop the blade, the warrior heaved forward as the wind was knocked out of him and he was left to lay on the snowy earth. The other warrior had has shortbow drawn, his arrow aimed for Kreig's form.

The brawler jumped back quickly behind the tree, letting the arrow pass by and strike the bark of another tree. He grabbed his longsword, he couldn't hide behind the tree for long as he ran behind to another, the arrow passed through the gap between the trees and missed its target once more. The pattern was repeated a couple of more times as Kreig ran behind one tree after another. The warrior tried to get a hang of it, only then to make a fatal mistake as he didn't see Kreig's form run pass the next gap, his eyes widened as he took too long and when he turned his aim saw a blanket of white snow suddenly obscuring his vision and startling him, forcing him to miss his mark as he let go of the bow string and launcher the arrow up in the air. He felt a blow strike him in his abdomen, his eyes widened as he looked down and saw the tip of Kreig's blade pressed against it. He looked back at Kreig for a split tick before slumping to the ground.

Kreig then heard a shout and saw the last of the group of warrior charge at him, looking enraged at what Kreig had done. He brought his broadsword down, Kreig blocked the sword with the flat of his blade only to be roughly pushed back by the warrior's shield and fell on his back. Kreig didn't have time to dally, it was kill or be killed...and he didn't plan on being killed, not just yet. The warrior came at him and thrust his blade at the ground, only to strike snow as Kreig rolled to the side. Kreig then stood up and struck forward with the an overhead strike with one hand.

The warrior blocked with his shield and knocked it back with his blade, it was too easy he noticed....it was then he found out way as Kreig threw a handful of snow at the warrior's face, blinding him and catching him off gaurd. The warrior then felt the blade of Kreig's longsword strike him against his torso.... He let out a curse and slumped to the ground.

Kreig breathed heavily ' Petch....that was....EXCITING' Kreig thought as he let out a manic smile and saw the fallen forms before him. He avenged his fallen wing and got a good exercise out of it, nothing could be better. He sheathed his blade, retrieved his crossbow and made sure to cock back the string, fastened to the harness and picked up his shield and then unsheathed his blade again.

Faintly, he could hear voices in the distance....looks like the dance is far from over and Kreig was quite alright with that.

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on January 13th, 2014, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Kreig Messer on January 12th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Yes, he could hear further voices... distant, but with the snow about that meant they wouldn't be too far. Kreig couldn't dally about, but he had to say. Where they friend or foe? Were they the other wings or were they people he would have to eliminate? He hid behind the tree and peeked around it. Their voices were getting louder, he could here their boots displacing snow with each step... There were five of them, the size of a full wing. They surveyed the field not with panic but with greatfulness, relief clear on their faces. They lowered their weapons and breathed deeply, these were clearly not his enemies.... Kreig could easily recog size them as friend before that. He stepped out of IDing and approached them. Reflexively they raised their weapons in an offensive posture, as if about to pounce on Kreig with reckless ferocity.

" Lower your weapons, brothers! He's one of us" Said a voice, Kreig looked at the voice and it was a young lass.... perhaps eighteen of age, I her weapon was an axe rather than a blade like most in her wing. She stood at a height shorter than he, roughly five inches " Oriana Santos, sergeant of B wing. or at least whats left of it"

Krieg raised an eyebrow at that "Rest of it? You look like a full wing to me"

" We are a full wing, except we're a mixture of two. The opposition ambushed us and nearly wiped us out, it's only by the grace of the gods that we survived" She rubbed her shoulder anxiously, for some reason she looked as if she was expecting a scolding.

"The gods grace those who earned it, if you don't mind me saying. Lest you guys fared better than mine, I'm all that's left of it" Kreig sad to her with a gentle smile.

" And you are Ser ....?"

Kreig snlrted at that, he had yet to earn his pins...none of them did "I'm no Ser ma'am Kreig Messer, D wing, my commanding officer and the rest pretty much bit the dust the moment they ambushed, got payback I did. " He motioned to his handy work.

"I-I see.... so that means with two from B wing, three from A wing and you from D wing...that makes us all 6" For some reason she looked at him with admiration...as if he was a god send when truly he was not. He supposed his martial skills left an impression...Petch he was just lucky, he had the element of surprise and luck.

"At ma'am, that leaves C wing if they've not been eliminated. Don't know 'bout the rest of the company though, since they're patrolling a different area of the woods" Still, of their half they've been pactically decimated with C wing missing in action " I'm under your command, just tell me what to do and I'll do it" Kreig said, which startled the lass....it seemed she had no experience of command despite being the head of this wing, he could see the pin on her collar quite clearly. The rest of the wing looked just as inexperianced, their movements fidgety as two of them raised their bows and looked to see if no one was flanking them.

"Might I suggest moving, ma'am? Dally here any longer and we'd be sitting ducks" She nodded uncertainly, she turned to the remainder f the wing and ordered them to move, which they dejectedly did ' Dear me, looks as if our moral is in quite the doodoo hole' He remarked internally, he could hardly blame them. It was simply bad luck that enemy outsmarted them so quickly. He followed suit and took his place near the sergeant " So how many of them did your lot eliminate?"

" In total? four, two each from different wings. We ended up retreating after that, if we add your kills then that makes nine"

"Oh, you only saw three bodies, what makes you so sure the body count is znine?"

She gave him an amused, if nervous, grin " We saw two more of your handiwork before that, along with the rest of your wing, I am assuming their yours"

Kreig chuckled and simply nodded "Ay, they're mine" Quite proud of it really "So we can't just wander Ma'am" kreig said suddenly, his tone shifting to a serious one "We can't just wander...we have to have a plan of attack"

" Agreed, but what sort? Good chance is the enemy is already on our tails. What's left of the units that engaged us are roughly equal to our own currently, that's assuming if they hadn't run into more of their own along the way " She said gloomily, petch, if the boss is demoralized they might have no chance of this.

Kreig scratched the back of his and looked behind them "So by your logic they're not far behind..." Kreig mumbled some incoherent word, it was then he realized the girl had an accent. He'd heard it before, twice in his dreams.... many times in Sun berth, he supposed he had gotten. use to it "I just realised, are you a Drykas?" he asked suddenly, so suddenly that the lass jumped ' For an axe wielding girl she sure is jittery...

"Y-yes I am..." Kreig heard the tone in her voice, shame it seemed.... but he didn't look, no, what he looked at was the face of the rest of the unit. Out of the rest, only two seemed to hold mistrust, one seemed indifferent while the last glared at Kreig. It was as if he was saying 'Hurt her and die, Vagik' protective bastard it seems. Petch, mixed bunch was bad enough....this was gonna create another slew of trouble.

He looked at her comfortingly, a fatherly sort of smile on his face "Alright lass' don't worry. I'm assuming this is your first time taking charge" He said quietly, slowly , she nodded and tried to gulp down her nerves " alright, can't say I've been in your shoes. Not a leader, see? But you better hold down the nerves, yeah? you gotta show courage, trust your judgement... I'll make sure everyone follows, don't you worry"

" I-I don't know if I'll make the right order..." she whispered

"Well don't let them see it, listen.... I can't tell you what order to give, I'm a grunt. You're the one with the pin on the collar so my job is listening to you, so is theirs. I'll be sure to help with that, you just gotta show confidence else we're in a whole lot of trouble" She nodded, again slowly " OK, now whats the plan we dallied enough... surprised am arrow hasn't hit our flanks yet" He regretted saying that as an arrow struck the indifferent one the moment the words left his mouth. A few more passed by their heads.

" Men, drop to cover! "

They did not need to be told twice as they rushed behind the trees, a barrage of arrows still passing by " Petch, ma'am they've got us stuck. with that barrage they must outnumber us ten to one. We go out we're dead, we stay behind these trees they'll just close in and push us pit, either way its something grim" Kreig could only assume that voice to belong to the protective lad. To be honest he found the odds to be an exaggeration.

" Noted Servanto, I'm open to suggestions from any of you" Kreig sighed at that, he supposed he couldn't blame her for asking.... not like it was a bad sign.

"If I might make a suggestion, ma'am?"Kreig asked, lifting his shield put slightly to see if they're indeed still under their gaze , a thwack against it told him yes. Oriana gave him the nod to go ahead "Well for one thing, like this Servanto said.... we're likely as good as done. What we need is a diversion, someone to draw attention while our lot get a few good shots in"

" sounds doable Kreig, but we risk a high chance of losing if we mess up"

Kreig nodded in agreement "True ma'am, but any good gambler who knows his game would tell you that without risk, there is no reward. Since I'm the one who came up with this scheme I'll go and give it a run yeah? they're bound to have gotten close now"

Oriana nodded, if that was the only plan then so be it. She motioned for the rest of the unit to get their bows ready. She gave Kreig the go ahead....

it was now or never.
x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on January 12th, 2014, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Kreig Messer on January 12th, 2014, 4:02 pm

He jumped out, his shield raised and covering his left side as he ran from the tree to another in the distance. As if on reflex the enemy archers released their bow strings and their arrows flew through the air, various missing but some striking Kreig's shield. He was worried they'd knock him with the blows stacking one after another. He could hear some of the enemies numbers curse, it seemed Oriana and the rest followed up with the attack. He ducked behind the tree as soon as he reached it, peeking over he could see that three of their numbers had followed. One wielded a mace with his sheild, the other a long sword gripped with both hands.... the third didn't matter as Kreig quickly dropped his sword and shield and immediately reached for his crossbow, hastily placed the bolt atop of the groove and went out to shoot it. He didn't bother to aim as he let loose the bolt, striking the third gent in the abdomen and causing him to drop. The longswords man swung his sword horizontally, aiming to cut off Kreig's head. The brawler dropped and reached for one of his bolts, lunging forward as he stabbed the tip into the swordsman's abdomen. He let out a yelp of surprise before dropping to the ground motionless.

The one with the mace roared like some sort of berserker as he swung his mace violently at Kreig, the brawler had to jump back, he dropped his crossbow as it wasn't going to do much currently against this raging beast. Now that he looked closer it was actually a woman ' would be prettier if she didn't sneer like that' She performed an overhead strike so Kreig stepped to the side, then she pushed forward with her shield. Kreig grabbed the rim of the shields and pulled back violent, trying to get her off guard by going with the force of the blow, but her grip was like that of a child over a toy. She was about to swing her mace too, so Kreig did what he thought sensible.

His left hand latched onto her right wrist, his right grabbing the rim the shield firmly. He pulled back his head, and like that of a crossbow bolt, launched it forward and struck her forehead. Up close she could see his feral grin, like that of a beast. Shock spread throughout her body at the force of the blow and she was forced to her knee's. Kreig reached for another bolt and stabbed her in the neck, letting her slump to the ground then replaced the crossbow back into the quiver. Before heading back, he took back his weaponry ' Can't leave these here, paid with me own money...most of them' The only thing that wasn't his was the shield... he should probably get around to that at some point.

The skirmish still raged on, with a couple of the enemy archers killed. The rest taking it cautios and the ones chosen for close combat slowly closing in as they timed their jumps from tree to tree. They didn't seem to take notice to Kreig though. The brawler held his long sword and moved to the back, his intent being to flank the archers and strike them down. It took him a bit to reach, but they seemed too focused on their foes in the front to notice the one in the back. Were they even wondering why the warriors they sent out hadn't returned yet? As Kreig crept behind one of them, it became evident they didn't as Kreig struck one of them in the back of their neck. The other suddenly noticed his comrade sudden stop of arrow firing and his eyes widened as he saw Kreig, who bashed his shield into the archer and pushed him to the ground. The last thing the archer let out was a yelp as Kreig stabbed him in the abdomen.

The other warriors noted that their archers have abruptly stopped shooting. Kreig knew that he could use this to his advantage as he quickly unfastened his crossbow, pulled back the string and readied the bolt, he moved out of the cover and with a wide grin and bellowing voice said "Alright lads, You have two choices. Either you surrender right now like the hapless twits you are.....or I skewer you with this crossbow. And I don't suggest you make a break for it since my lot still has archers"

Welp, Kreig had to give them one thing....they were a stubborn lot. Long story short on that front is that they refused surrender and consequently they were routed ' Quite sure they were being overly dramatic' Kreig said as he walked back to the mixed unit led by Oriana, he smiled at her while she simply gave him a tired grin "So.... lose anybody" She sadly motioned her head to Servant and one of the mistrustful. From the looks of it an arrow struck Servanto in the center of the head, poor bastard, while the other one grazed his neck something fierce, like a knife slitting a throat.

" Shyke, there's even less of us now. Why the hell did we follow this Vagik's advice" Kreig glared at the brat, he seemed to be quite young.... 16 of age if Kreig took a guess. The young man suddenly gulped at the glare he was receiving from the much older and bigger man.

" Still yourself, Narik. We may have lost more of our numbers, but we've dealt a great blow to the enemy, we're one step closer to victory!" Oriana reasoned, but Narik simply snorted it at that.

" Yeah? And what are the three of us going to do you stupid horse bitch? We got you, a person from people who kidnapped our own people, and some Sunberth Vagik who's got no business being a part of the order" This lad was getting on Kreig's nerves more than that red headed child he met not so long ago.

"Well aren't you a bundle of joy" Kreig growled as he approached the lad, lifted him and looked him square in the eyes "Listen you little brat, the only reason your alive currently is because you followed my plan and Oriana's orders, show respect or I'll have no shame stabbing you myself, Got that?" Kreig didn't know if the lad was about to pee his britches, but Kreig liked to think the message got through as the lad timidly nodded his head.

Now they had to plan their next course of action....

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Kreig Messer on January 13th, 2014, 9:24 am

"Alright ma'am, so what's our next plan of action?" Kreig asked Oriama as he set Narvik back on the ground, the lad shiverimg a bit from the falling to he just received fro' the Brawler. Oriana did'nt say anything for a bit as she gathered the remaining arrows from the fallen, toasting one quiver roughly at Narik while she kept one for herself .

" For the present we are safe, at best we should rest a bit and continue moving. We should reconnect with the company and assume the enemy is still searching" She said, it sounded like the words for herself just as much as for those under her command " We shall rest for ten chimes then continue onwards, our main and most important object is to stay alive, the second is to reconnect with the company. We shuld assume that anyone else in these neck of the woods is an enemy so be cautious at all times" She ordered, Kreig nodded in confirmation. while Narik just snorted. Kreig certainly hoped the brat wouldn't prove to be an inconveniance.

True to Oriana's orders, the trio continued moving forward and with extra caution as not be caught with their pants down. Kreig eyed Narick, the lad knew him to be of Sun berth... if anything the lad recognised the accent or Kreig was no stranger to him. Still, if he did recognise the accent then it meant the lad was perceptive, even though Kreig's accent was thick it had dulled out quite a bit since the year he spent here "Ma'am' might I make a suggestion " Kreig whispered to Dorian as he approached her while Narick was behind them, his eyes darting around like a madman.

" Yes Kreig? Something the matter? Is there anything I've been doing wrong?"

"Oh gods no lass, you're taking to your role like a drunkard to his drink. Everything's fine with you, its just Narik..... I think he should be the one taking the front"

She raised her brow as if asking him to clarify.

"Well, look at the lad..... despite his attitude he seems to notice things, look at how's his eyes are dartim around? They're not going randomly, as if everything is spooking him, its like they're picking up things" Narick grimned at that, it seemed he did notice such things "With him at the front he can point out the enemy far better then either us, makes an ambush less likely" He advises, it seemed to make sense to Oriana, she knew Narik's Patron Knight was a recon specialist... so she saw no reason to not take the older man's suggestion.

She motioned for Narick to move up, the lad need no telling twice after overheating such lovely words said to him, basically he was being given a chance to prove his metal. Kreig smirked at that, whatever the lad was it seemed he was a showoff. His close quartets weapon of choice was a short sword and a dagger, but what he most liked was the bow he carried. Range was his specialty and the fact he survived the previous skirmish meant he was a good one.

It proved to be a solid decision as after the passing of thirty chimes they had discovered tracks, so faint were they that only Narik could tell just what kind they were " Definitely human, large numbers too... If I had to make a random guess I'd say.... a bell or so"

" How can you tell? I can barely tell they're even tracks"

" And here I thought you Drykas knew a thing or two about hunting....Petch, look at the borders of the tracks. You can see the snow that's still displaced, from it I can make a rough estimate to the shape, and from it I'm certain its human.... so many of them too, could be the company or it could be the enemy "

Oriana nodded, there was only one course of action they could take now " I take it we follow, ma'am?" Kreig asked and only received a nod in response. Narick took the lead again whilst Oriana and Kreig quietly followed. After the passing of fifteen chimes the prints became deeper and thus fresher, they were getting closer, ever so closer to what could be their salvation or doom.

" Shyyyyke, I suggest we stop...

"Oh, and why is that? I see no reason for us to stop" Kried said with a raise brow, was there trouble up ahead or something? They were already quite close so if there was then they wither must move away o just go into the fray.

"Petch, , listen you dolt....listen real hard" Kreig considered thumping the lad, but instead he and Oriana did as told. They heard nothing for a bit, nothing at all.... that is until they picked up faint sounds, faintly it sounded like weapons clashing, perhaps even people shouting....

"Petch"

" Exactly, just a few more and we would have walked into a bloody battlefield[/I]"

"[color=gold] Well, we've no choice but to investigate carefully.... good work Narick
" Narick responded with a cheeky grin. Carefully they trudged forward, as they crept closer and closer the sounds of battle grew louder and louder. Their suspicions clearly confirmed as they can across bodies, both their and that of the opposition. And finally they came across a clearing, from the distance they could clearly seeing a vicious battle being waged.

" Well, doesn't this look inviting" Kreig grinned as he tightened his grip on the sword "Should we join the field ma'am?"

" No, not yet. Narick, scout around a bit... get us a good idea of the situation before we blindly waltz in" Narick nodded, after the passing of five chimes he quickly returned with a nervous look on his face, almost looking like he had bowel problems.

"From my vast reservoir of knowledge.... I deduce that the situation is iffy"

" As iffy as when you get caught by the ladies, our company is outnumbered and they're losing ground. The Stewart is doing his best to give out commands, but the enemy is just countering everything and putting them on the defensive."

" and the enemy, Narick?

" Like I said, they got us outnumbered. The enemy commander is ordering them to hit hard and they're delivering. Being protected too, four guys surrounding him and making sure no one tries to get the drop on them"

"Grim, so ma'am. What's our lot to do now?"

Oriana stayed silent for a bit, the passing of a few ticks felt like the passing of a few bells till she finally spoke " Kreig, are you willing to be a decoy again?"

"Well of course, what do you have in mind Ma'am?" She motioned for Kreig and Narick to lean closer, so they could hear what she had in mind.

'Oh, now this here's a fun plan indeed Came the thought as he let out that feral grin.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Kreig Messer on January 13th, 2014, 9:02 pm

It was a simple plan really, perfect for a distraction like Kreig. All he had to was attack the leader, for one they didn't know of them, the half wing could sneak on by. Of course, Kreig's job was much more direct. His Job as the distraction meant that he was to draw away the commander's personal guard while Oriana and Narick snuck around and positioned themselves, readying their arrows to take out the commander and any of his guard that choose to remain. It wasn't exactly foolproof, after all no one knows what the feature holds, the opposition could have already assumed that they would send soldiers to flank them and may have set up precautions.

There was only one way to find out... Kreig waited a bit, perhaps two to three chimes, that ever feral grin decorating his features. He couldn't lie, he found this whole thing quite exhilarating. He held the cross bow in his hand, his eyes behind the sight... he was ready to fire at any one of them. It didn't matter which target it was, it didn't even matter if he hit one of them. It was just meant to be the beginning, the bait for which the fish bites. If he could aim for the leader, he would have done so, however the distance between them along with his retinue closely guarding made it impossible.

Yes, all he needed was one shot then he can do what he does best ' Bash their heads in He aimed, a distance far beyond his capablities. The bolt rested snuggly atop of the groove... he took a deep breath and simply pulled the trigger. The bolt launched through the air after the string gave it a mighty push, it flew blindly, there was no specific target for it to hit, it was guidless... The loud thwack sound of the crossbow alone gave the commanding officer and his retinue. The bolt landed safely behind one of the gaurds and instantaneously they charged the brawler. Kreig reached for his sword and shield before they closed in, they're leader stayed his distance unwilling to endanger himself.

They were four, four warriors of differing skill and weapons. But that didn't matter, all they needed was focus their attentions on him, nothing more and nothing less. Kreig would do what he did best, he tried to keep that at bay with his long sword and blocked what he could, and when that didn't work he simply tried to mix brawling elements by uing the tip of his blade to kick up snow at them or even spit at his foes. With pride he could say he had taken down half of the retinue before he himself was taken down, one blow struck him across the chest, the other in his abdomen.... but it didn't matter, he did what he was told.

Oriana and Narick had reached the other side, their bows aimed at the unsuspecting commander... their arrows flew through the air with a twang, the missiles striking down the commanding officer who let out a yelp in surprise. The head of the snake was cut now, its body now useless.... a horn sounded out through letting everyone know the battle had ended, cheers errupted from the winning side while the defeated cursed their luck.

Yes, the entire battle had been a war game. Those who had died simply feigned it, the rules dictating as such... else the watchful eyes of their patrons would make sure they'd regret breaking such a rule. All the weapons were simply heavy wooden training blades covered in colored chalk powder, with the projectiles such as the bolts and arrows having blunt heads covered with small sacks filled with such powder. It was all an exercise to give the squires a bit of a taste of what could go on the battlefield. Kreig lifted himself up from his false death, dusting off the snow and chalk powder from his body. He was approached by Sera Natasha, who had an amused smile on her face.

" Had fun?" His grin answered that for her.

"There were plenty of battles Sera, that should tell you how I feel well enough" She chuckled at that and simply shook her head.

" Well, I suppose it should"

"They don't realize it....do they?" Kreig asked, his face now blank as he looked at his patron with solemn eyes. She simply looked back at him, as if understanding what he means "They don't understand that this isn't supposed to be fun, at least most of them. They may very well have a battle such as this and 'death' would be a reality they may very well meet"

Natasha simply shrugged, there was no denying it " Sadly so, I'm sure many realize the truth... simply that it hadn't truly sunk in yet. At the very least, this lets us train you and theirs cohesion Kreig, if anything it is the trust between them and their comrades that will assure their survival, in addition to their own skill" She turned to see the many young faces, most of the squires having been born into the order or citizens of Syliras prior to their enlistment " Many of them believe that glory awaits them once they become knights, only those who's patrons bring along with them on their journey know the truth, along with those like you who join us late. I'm afraid only true experience will wake them to the reality that glory is only a minor thing compared to what they're about to lose"

Kreig was silent the rest of the day, he knew what that thing was they would eventually lose. He'd lost it long ago, a sort of innocence that only those who've seen the darkness of combat could recognize. There was a name for it, a word that was near foreign to a Sunberthian.

That word was Innocence.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

[Bronze Woods] War Games

Postby Perplexity on January 28th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Player 1
Tactics +3 XP
Crossbow +1 XP
Shield +2 XP
Running +1 XP
Leadership +3 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores :
  • Tactics: Assessing the Situation
  • Running: Acclimating to Wintery Terrain
  • Leadership: Tactful Urging
  • Tactics: Kreig’s Gambit, A Desperate Diversion
  • Intimidation: A Flare for the Dramatic, Threatening With Death
  • Tactics: Avoiding An Ambush
  • Tactics: Assessing the skills of your allies
  • Leadership: Bravado in the face of the enemy
  • Philosophy: The Death of Innocence

Loot :
  • 1 Shield Point

Notes :
Well, I certainly must say that this is a creative spin I am quite happy to see. Thank you for this, Kreig. Well done. If you’ve questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade PM me at your earliest convenience.

Last edited by Radiant on February 11th, 2014, 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added shield point reward.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)