Flashback [The Scarlet Sanctum] Looking For a Show, Fella? (Daedalus)

Sophie's first performance in a group number. Afterwards she meets someone new.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Scarlet Sanctum] Looking For a Show, Fella? (Daedalus)

Postby Sophitia Vinder on January 14th, 2014, 6:27 am

43rd of Spring, 511 AV
Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum
20th Bell

Alright, Sophie. Don't be nervous.

The Scarlet Sanctum was busy as it always was, despite the fact it was barely after dusk. Not another place in Sunberth made it quite so clear that there was no time like the present for debauchery. Men and women alike made their way through the doors of Ruby's place seeking songs, pleasure, entertainment, and companionship. Not than any of those things were mutually exclusive.

It was a wonderful place in the young brunette's eyes. You could forget all your troubles and just have fun in a place relatively free from the violence of the streets. She loved it. When she wasn't doing her first stage show ever, at least. Sophie wasn't a headliner at all. No, she was a chorus girl, there to look pretty, dance and sing just like all the other chorus girls, and give the gentlemen something to hoot and holler at.

Even though all the eyes weren't going to be on her, it certainly felt that way. She could have burnt the place down.

Dark brown eyes peeked from between the folds of the exquisite red velvet curtains, the modest crowd of lecherous patrons doing little to ease her fears.

What am I doing? What if I mess up? What if Ruby hates me?

What if they hate me?

I can't ruin my totally non-existent reputation already, can I?

Sophie's slender fingers tightly grasped the fabric of the curtain as she stood pressed against their threads, paralyzed with fear of the unknown. She was going to make an absolute fool of herself. All those men were out there, ready to throw coin at them and she was going to ruin it. She'd be fired for sure.

"Child, if you can see them, they can see you." Ruby's sweet, sultry voice brought Sophie's attention back to reality. When the words registered, the young woman shot backwards, nearly showing her rear to the wooden floor as she moved from the curtain as quickly as she could muster.

"M-m-madame Demoya," she squeaked, turning her face to hide the warmth she could feel rushing to her cheeks. The layers of caked on makeup hid any actual appearance of her embarrassment, but Sophie knew it was there all the same. "I wasn't doing anything wrong, miss, I swear it! I was just..just.."

Ruby raised her hand and chuckled softly at the energetic youth. "You're just nervous, Sophie. It's fine." The Benshiran woman closed the gap between her and the peculiar girl. With a comforting touch on her shoulder, she spoke. "I remember the first time I performed. I was a wreck. It's easier to sleep with them than to put on a show. But worry not, child. You'll get through it well enough. Ruby doesn't pick just anyone to work here. Don't you forget that," she said, giving Sophie a pat on the rear and a little shove to send her on her way. "Now off you go. Get in place, the show starts soon. Do me proud, Sophitia."

The young dancer obeyed her mistress' command, barely containing the look of terror creeping on her face. With arms pressed tightly to her side, she shuffled towards the side of the backstage area, stiff as a board and with eyes wide open.

If Ruby says it's going to be okay...

No more time was left for Sophie to be concerned with the upcoming performance, because when the music started, it was too late to be wrong.

Ruby burst out onto the stage, greeted by cat calls and vulgar requests, but it was nothing the Benshiran hadn't heard before. Unfazed, she blew kisses out to her adoring fans, hips swaying as she commanded the stage.

"Hello out there my little Sunberthian dogs. I can see the lust in your eyes, the desire on your lips, and the excitement on your tongue. Well, ladies and not so gentlemen, have we got a show for you. Welcome to The Scarlet Sanctum, where the night is young and my girls are younger! Sit back, relax, be titillated, and gaze at a few while you're at it, fellas. While I'm certainly big on the foreplay, I won't tease you any longer. Let's get this show started! Give it up for my girls!" Ruby made her way to the side of the stage as the curtains opened. Meanwhile, Sophie's heart might have stopped.

I'm going to die. This is the end.

The music for their cue to enter began, but her legs wouldn't move. She was going to ruin the show before it even began. So much for her grande debut.

Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Words: 31228
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets