IC Info Whispers

Avanthalian Gossip

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Whispers

Postby Ablation on January 18th, 2014, 1:46 am

Hello Everyone,

Being a relatively small isolated community Avanthal needs a place to create and coordinate gossip and gossip worthy events. Here in Avanthal, everyone knows you and secrets do not stay secrets for long. Me and Lulls will be posting two things in this thread, WHIspers and the gossip that comes of them.

WHIspers were created by the esteemed Valkyrie, and helped new and old characters find each other and interact with the NPC's more easily. Furthermore, it allows Avanthal to come alive for you all as well, the city revolves around long standing drama and rumours and these need to be represented.

This is how it will work:

Either me or Lulls will post an IC event thread, something that revolves around this idea of resentments, secrets, and daily NPC interactions. The events will always only incorporate NPC's. After that anyone can post in the thread, they can witness the event, create their own rumours, or even interact with the NPC's. Here is the thing! You cannot interact with the NPC's being used in the initial thread to find out more information. This can be done in separate threads but NOT in the WHIsper. You may however interact with any other PC's watching or you can go about your day and visit a shop and tell someone about what happened. Anything like that is a-okay!

This is not a moderated thread, the entire event will begin, climax, and end in the first post and neither me or Lulls will post after that. However some WHIspers will come in series and revolve around new aspects of the same issue coming up. You can participate in any of the WHIspers as you want, you can post as many times as you want and interact with other players in them.

Depending on the event it will close after a certain amount of time, from one day to one week. However I will never leave one up for more than a week or less than a day. Furthermore, I will post the WHIsper link here so everyone knows a new WHIsper is up. When the WHIsper closes to be graded (yes! You even get grades for it!) Gossip will be posted here from different perspectives. If you made up a piece of Gossip in thread it will be posted here, and if you post in a WHIsper there may be gossip about YOU on here! No one is immune to the clever tongues of the Vantha. Anyone who did not participate in the WHIsper may not know the truth about what happened, they may only know what is posted in the gossip or what another PC tells them (though that PC doesn't have to tell them the truth).

If you spread gossip in your other threads me or Lulls may contact you and ask if we can put it on here. If you want it to stay a private thing we will not post it but if you would think it was fun for other story lines to incorporate it then give us the green light and we will post it on here. We may also approach you about putting gossip up on here that stems from one of your threads. Maybe you stole a piece of candy and someone saw you and told someone else and now all of a sudden their is a rumour you stole an Ephyrian from a sand castle in the south and escaped by leaping from one alligators maw to another. XD it may be that silly, it may be more serious.

Lastly, if you have an idea about some gossip that could be spread feel free to PM me and we can discuss it a little and potentially post it up here for you and everyone else to have fun with.

Note: Gossip from the events can be changed but, you may not make up gossip you hear about the event that is not posted here. You may have your character elaborate and change it or even hear a more elaborate version than is posted but you may not outright make up your own unless you directly participated in the thread. If you participated, then the world is your oyster! Go to town!
Last edited by Ablation on February 26th, 2014, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ablation
Retired Staff

Words: 276726
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

WHIspers

Postby Ablation on March 10th, 2014, 12:08 am

Spring 3rd 514 AV

"I saw Amarylis sneaking off into the graveyard last night. You think she's sneaking off to meet a secret lover?"

"No way! No one would want to be HER secret lover! I bet she's sneaking off to visit that Symnestra."

"What's a Symnestra?"

"They're spider people dedicated to kidnapping and killing women. I bet you people will start going missing again this season if her Symnestra is back."

People begin to avoid her shop and further, more elaborate, rumours arise. She is often found staring sadly out her window at the passing Vantha who once flocked to her wares.

OOC: Feel free to post any rumours associated with this that are developed IC or OOC. :)

Ablation
Retired Staff

Office

WHIspers

Postby Ablation on April 5th, 2014, 2:55 am

Spring 3rd 514 AV

A party of Icewatch return and head immediately to the nearest pub for warmth and alcohol after their long trek. It is here that the rumours begin to spread.

"Yes! Frostawns, frozen ice! Never validated a report even at a distance before and now a whole herd frozen into the side of a glacier!"

"We'll be setting out in several days to carve them out an investigate!" His Kelvic responded gleefully froth billowing from the mouth as he spoke through the boos.

OOC: Feel free to post any rumours associated with this that are developed IC or OOC. :)

Ablation
Retired Staff

Office

Whispers

Postby Prophet on September 5th, 2016, 9:53 pm

I'm doing away with this concept. It was never used.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)