Salutations (Dhanya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Aman on September 2nd, 2010, 4:03 am

Aman

68th of Summer 510AV

Aman was somewhat nervous as he entered the caravan. Hirem, and Ari'Yahal had brought him to the caravan, and he was told they would be journeying to Yahebah. For the first few days he slunk around camp in his Chaktawe form. He simply watched, and learned. He saw how the caravan master conducted his work, and he learned the different aspects of caravan life. He even found another kelvic! A woman named Dhanya. Aman wasn't a very outgoing person, but he found himself drawn with an innate curiosity to another of his kind. He followed her around camp, hoping that she didn't see him. Aman hadn't seen a Kelvic since his mother had died, and as exciting as it was to see another of his species. It also brought back many unpleasant memories.

One night when Aman was sitting staring at the huge semicircle of the setting sun. He didn't even hear the person coming up behind him. he was too engrossed in his thoughts.
Last edited by Aman on September 5th, 2010, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aman
The Fire Within

Words: 9935
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2010, 5:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Dhanya on September 5th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Secret :
Is it ok to set this on the 68th? Thanks :)

Someone had been following her. At first she'd thought it was one of the children she'd been coddling when she'd been laid up but she hadn't been able to catch sight of them when she turned about. Silence had been heard instead of shrieking laughter, so it wasn't a child. Annoyance bled into suspicion which grew into a sort of hyper-awareness of the people around her. If someone was planning on jumping her once she was alone, then she would not be alone. She was a prey animal. Any prey animal that wasn't good at avoiding harm didn't last long. In that respect, Dhanya was an elder at surviving.

She'd been growing successively more paranoid until the second day, when the wind changed unexpectedly and Aman was suddenly up wind of her. Dhanya wondered why it hadn't occured to her before. She hadn't seen another Kelvic in over a season but the scent was, as it always was, unmistakable. Musk and fur and human sweat.

Yet, she couldn't see him. And she wanted to see him. She wanted to see someone else who knew what it was like to be the way they were, if only for a little while. It took her until nightfall of the third day to finally catch him. It had been painful. She found it so difficult to pretend she wasn't looking for him.

She could see him then, though, with long black hair and warm, brown skin. He looked as if he were part of one of the desert peoples but he did not smell like one. She knew it was him. She crept up slowly, quietly and placed her hands over his eyes.

"I fooound you!" She crooned in his ear, incredibly pleased with herself.
Dhanya
Probably attractive in real life.

Words: 136227
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Aman on September 7th, 2010, 12:43 am

Aman
This interesting series of events had taken Aman out of his previous complacency, and into a vicious circle of memory, and emotion. He couldn't help but remember his mother, and her short but powerful influence on his life. Aman finally out of desperation ceased his watch on the woman, and left the camp. Sitting several hundred yards out of the main campsite. Staring at the huge globe of the sun. He thought about the consistency of the sun. It rose every morning, it set every evening. It is unchanging, it is not a respecter of persons. It shines upon you no matter who you think you are. This brought him a degree of comfort...

So he sat, and watched.... gradually drifting into a waking dream. Suddenly his vision went black, and a voice crooned in his ear "I fooound you!". Aman shifted quickly, reaching for his blade. Only to realize it wasn't with him... he had left it in the camp. His thoughts rushed, with the beating of his heart. They quickly thought of the worst possibilities. But as his emotions ran their course, his mind regained control. This was no attack, it was a greeting, from who is the only question. Aman turned his body around as to see his companion, and realized with no small degree of shock that it was the kelvic woman. His mind lost it's grip again to emotion, and Aman did something that was rarely seen upon his face. He smiled...

"I wasn't aware it was you who was looking for me" he commented continuing his silly grin. "I was under the impression that it was myself doing the looking"
Aman
The Fire Within

Character sheet

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Dhanya on September 8th, 2010, 6:24 am

"Yes, and that's not creepy at all, brother." Dhanya replied, rolling her eyes and smiling. "You could have said hello, I haven't seen another Kelvic in the longest time."

She did sympathise with him. Kelvics out and about in the world were a rarity. It wasn't as if they had a culture that told them how to approach each other and what you should say when you did. The awkwardness was almost unavoidable, since it wasn't as if Kelvics were made to be attached to each-other. They were a race that hardly interacted, which filled her with a deep sadness. She often felt as if she could only know herself better if she could be among her own people.

"It's good to see you, what brings you here?" She asked, sitting down with legs crossed.

She had much to worry about, like the swelling of her belly and how she couldn't tell if others were noticing. Like the fact that she didn't know anything about children or whether hers would be human or not. Like the day she had met a higher power and what its words had meant.

But the moment she was in was not for worry, it was for companionship. She could worry later and enjoy what she had while it was there.
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Aman on September 8th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Aman

Aman listened to the laughing woman in a mix of confusion, and amusement, as she scolded him for not saying hello to her. "I suppose I'm not used to company, I haven't seen another kelvic in.... a long time." He had meant to mention his mother, but somehow it just wouldn't come out. "eh maybe it's for the better" he thought.

As he was looking at Dhanya he noticed she looked somewhat overfed, but even he had enough manners to refrain from comment. Instead he decided to introduce himself. For he was feeling joyful. He wasn't sure why, but frankly he didn't care. He liked the company of this kelvic, and wanted to continue their conversation.
"Shall we start off anew?" he laughed (another rarity), "My name is Aman" He then looked at her quizzically awaiting an answer.

OOCSorry for the short post, I won't post this way often
Aman
The Fire Within

Character sheet

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Dhanya on September 12th, 2010, 3:39 pm

"Dhanya." She replied, nodding in greeting.

She ran a hand through the sand beneath her, enjoying the last lingering trace of warmth from the sun.

"So, what brings you out here amongst the humans? I didn't see a new one come in with you." This was her polite way of asking if he had a master, without saying it directly and risking upsetting him if it was a sore point. "They don't seem to get our kind out here, they're all... Jumpy. And superstitious."

Dhanya leaned back on her elbows. She was never going to understand them as a race. Even if they were all different from Zeltiva to Eyktol, they still had the same intricacies, a similar sense of entitlement. Dhanya coveted it. She wanted to feel the same way and could sort of manage it, for periods of time.
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Aman on September 24th, 2010, 2:34 am

Aman

Aman watched as the sun drifted further down the horizon. He was, and always had been enthralled with it's majesty. The golden orb was only partly visible over the horizon, and was diminishing quickly. By the amount he could still see there was probably an hour of light left. As he stared in awe at the sun, he listened to Dhanya ask him questions which he didn't fully understand.

His mother had been reluctant to tell him of his need to bond so he was as of yet unaware of the phenomena. He knew longing, but until recently he couldn't even place what direction it was in. Now he knew he wanted companionship, but he didn't know of what kind. In this regard he was still an untutored child. "I came in with no-one. I was brought in with Hirem, Ari'Yahal, and her child. But I am not with them, and only met them a few days ago." as his companion continued he merely nodded in assent. He didn't know what to say to such a statement. It was very true, but he barely understood the Chaktawe, and knew even less of the Benshira.

"What do you know of the people in this caravan. When I came in I was afraid to approach them... they all seem so hard, and unfriendly"
Aman
The Fire Within

Character sheet

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Dhanya on September 27th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Dhanya followed Aman's line of sight, watching the sun sink away. She'd have to head home soon or she'd be tripping through the sand to find her way back. She still greatly preferred vision to the other senses, navigationally speaking.

"They're not so bad." She replied, "They're not used to you though, they fear things that are new. They probably think you're trying to impress their daughters, running around with a shirt off. These ones seem more comfortable when everyone is covered up."

Being Kelvic gave her some exceptions but they weren't always ones she wanted to take. It wasn't safe to be too inhuman.

Just inhuman enough. She didn't want them to think she was one of them.

"They're boring to talk to, anyway. You're not missing much."

She wondered whether she should introduce him or if he'd be happier trying on hs own. Humans were an odd bunch to be sure. Never did quite know where she sat with them.
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Aman on October 5th, 2010, 1:09 am

Aman

Aman was beggining to feel comfortable with Dhanya. She was easy to get along with, and Aman enjoyed her company. As Dhanya spoke he turned to face her. She proceeded to elaborate on how humans really weren't as bad as they seemed, and that they were just strange. When she mentioned the part about his clothing Aman glanced at his loincloth, and grinned. "I was wondering why they walked about with such an encumbering load of cloth..." "Do they want to hide from the sun? Or do they not enjoy the feeling of the brushing wind?" "These humans confuse me..."

Noticing that his companion was beginning to look around as if she were restless he concluded that she disliked the night. "You look as if you want to return from camp" "I do not think I will go back into the camp yet... I will rejoin my friends when we reach our destination."
"Though I won't go far from the camp either." he added as an afterthought.
Aman
The Fire Within

Character sheet

Salutations (Dhanya)

Postby Dhanya on October 18th, 2010, 4:28 pm

"You kinda run around in circles when you talk, anyone every tell you that?" Dhanya told him, teeth flashing as she smiled. "It's cute."

She stood up, feet slipping a little in the sand as she stood. She still preferred more solid ground, though she was learning to enjoy the sensation. Dhanya had to savor her steps. Pon was finding it particularly difficult and with every passing day his humour seemed to take a turn for the worse. She would not be taking him so far from comfort again, the snorting was starting to get to her.

"It's not that I want to go back, I just don't want to get lost in the dark. I don't see too well when the sun's down and I don't trust my footing much." She explained. "You don't want to loiter around the camp too much though. It'll be easier if you're entirely there or gone, know what I mean? They'll get jumpy if they think you're watching them."

It felt odd to consider herself somewhat of an expert on the little quirks of humanity. What felt natural to Aman was exactly the opposite of how humans liked other people to behave. As if the little ways they controlled themselves and others might extend out into the wider world and give them some satisfaction.

"You get used to them eventually, I promise. I can help you, if you like." She offered.
Dhanya

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Next