[Courtyard] The Color Dead

Tom tom and a ghostie

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 6th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Curious and curiouser.

"There are many who have, and will always consider my a child," he answered, wondering how much he could push the debate before she broke her childish disguise; surely she couldn't be so young as she appeared, as she acted? The pulser wondered if she had been changed young. "And I think I misspoke, or perhaps, we've misunderstood the other; physically, yes, for a human I'm an adult. But I think age had little to do with how fast we mature mentality. Circumstance dictated that I grow up, that I matured faster than I otherwise would have," he shrugged, wondering if she had been forced into undeath. Pity, unwanted, picked at his heart.

She did seem sad, even a little lost. Her comment on always remaining a little girl -- she could easily change bodies? She wasn't limited to her physicality now, unless she purposely wore the body of children. The animator shivered, the thought disgusted him, and he put some distance between the two. Her overwhelming...humanness had confused him, soften his guard -- was that all the nuits needed to manipulate him?

Pretend to be human?

He nodded, following after her, the duo making their way out of the notably silent Courtyard. He he really scared them with his simple words? Was it really so easy?
She mentioned his status, and another mother -- neither very happily. Thomas would remember that, perhaps probe her later, but now all he could think about was the doll.

He smiled as she opened the door, nodding haphazardly as she introduced him to her maid -- and then he saw it, and the doll was a marvel.

"Kouri...this...did you --," he stopped, remember her childlike behavior -- perhaps she would like it more if he talked to the doll directly. "Lily, you dance very well. Who taught you? Who was your creator?"

OOCSorry about the wait and quality! Figured it was better to get something out instead of making you wait longer!

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on March 20th, 2014, 8:33 pm

OOCI'm also sorry for being so late with this! My only excuse is, of course, mod duties. :)

The Nuit maid simply gave a simple nod back at Thomas then she sat still, like a statue, waiting for an order from the young mistress, but it seemed, her service would not be required today. Kouri giggled as Thomas looked surprised by her toy, as evident by his stuttering words, she let him talk to her doll, it would be seen as silly if Lily was a common doll, but she wasn't... she was alive, however limited.

The doll then stopped dancing for a moment as it moved rather stiffly to face Thomas, as smooth as her ball-doll joints could allow, she then made a polite curtsy at the human, "I am created by Puppeteer Coud von Voltaire, I am given a task to accompany Mistress Kouri for as long as I exist." The doll spoke in a high-pitched voice, but rather flat in tone, mimicking human emotions as far as her programming allowed. Kouri then extended her materialized right hand as she patted Lily's blond hair, giggling like a proud girl who just showed her most precious belonging to a friend.

Kouri then raised her head to look back into Thomas' coal-black eyes, staring at it intently with her sapphire orbs, "So, Sir Thomas, do you like her?" It was a rhetorical question, of course Thomas would like her, "Lily is rather lonely though..." It was all made up of course, the doll didn't have true feelings, all of her 'emotions' were programmed, but like a child, Kouri thought of the doll as if it was a miniature human, "I want her to have friends!" By 'friends', she meant other animated dolls, "You said you are an Apprentice, right? Can you get me more?" Whatever that meant, Thomas' title sounded important enough. The ghost girl then looked around her room, searching for an item to offer as compensation, "Uhm... I can give you coins, or daggers, or... uh, some soulmist, for payment." Yes, she was offering a literal piece of her own body as for some reason, spiritists and mages loved those.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ink on July 25th, 2014, 5:53 am

Let me see what you have done with your ink.

Thomas Cosa
Skills

Auristics 3
Interrogation 1
Rhetoric 1
Socialization 1

Lores

Ghosts: The Citadel’s Early Alert System
Auristics: Nostalgia and Lemoncakes
Maturity is a Choice Not an Age
Kouri: The Sad, Lost Ghost
Lily the Dancing Doll

If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair. Also please remember to edit your grade request as graded or delete it if possible.

Thank you,
Ink
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous