Bumps in the Forest(Aella)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Jaeden Kincade on September 23rd, 2010, 4:54 am

Jaeden stood there for a moment, capturing her hands in his as he kept them pressed along his chest, listening to her words. He could still feel the desire there, but her own twinge of doubt that lingered in at the end, stayed his own movement forward to embrace her in another kiss. She wanted it, but not like this, not with Ranuri guiding him based on her own desires. For a moment, he could almost feel his own guilt over it, and it almost put weight on his shoulders in a figurative sort of way as a result. He shook his head slightly, looking up to her. “I’m sorry.” Jaeden said, his words and feelings his own in their speaking. “I don’t know what I want when Ranuri is taking control, sometimes I don‘t even know who I am.”

Jaeden the slowly released his light grasp on her hands, nodding to her statement of hunger. “Of course.” Jaeden simply said as he slowly turned. “If you and Red would be kind enough to start field dressing the birds, I’ll get rid of the misplaced camp decorations.”

Jaeden the moved forward, bending over as he grabbed the slaver still alive by the back of his shirt, lifting him half off the ground as he groaned in displeasure, barely strong enough to be considered conscious. He then began dragging him along the ground, stopping only to pick up the next nearest body and drag him as well. With the first two in hand, Jaeden then dragged them past the clearing, and deeper into the forest.

When Aella would turn her gaze away from Jaeden, she would suddenly see Red standing before her, clothed once again. She held one of the ducks in one hand, and her gold hilted knife in the other as she looked to Aella with an expression of uncertainty. “Shall we get started then?” Red asked, referring to the ducks Jaeden had brought back, keeping any words on what had just happened silent as she turned and walked towards the camp fire.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Aella on September 25th, 2010, 2:05 am

Did she just… She had to stop and think over what had just happened, but she was rather certain that she’d just turned down a man divinely forced to fulfill her desires. Was she going against the gods’ will by not having a round with him? More importantly, had she lost her petching mind?

“Don’t be sorry about things you have no control over, Jaeden,” she said on a small exhaling sigh.

She turned towards Red with a look that gave away she was still trying to figure out if she’d just set herself back a couple lives with that one or not. Or maybe forward? Or…

“Ow, my brain hurts,”
she said with a scrunched up face as she started towards the fire to help with breakfast.
Aella
Living to Annoy Jaeden

Words: 32395
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:18 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ataraxia on November 17th, 2010, 8:15 am

Aella
XP
Shortbow + 4, Climbing + 3, Rhetoric + 3, Food Preservation + 2, Wilderness Survival + 3

Lore
Being overconfident with Archery | Threatening someone with... tears | Being intent on sharing | Sharing personal information | Comforting someone without words | Murder | Sadistic Tendancies | Resisting primal urges |

Jaeden
XP
Composite Longbow + 2, Longsword + 3, Animal Husbandry + 1, Tracking + 1, Wilderness Survival + 3, Rhetoric + 3, Field Dressing + 1, Cooking + 1, Food Preservation + 2, Throwing (Dead Duck) + 1, Unarmed Combat + 1, Duel Wield + 3

Lore
Shrugging off an arrow's bite | The ups and downs of a bondmate | Loathe to meet new people | Challenging someones motives | Aella's Past (basic) | Inappropriate Topics at Dinner | Disarming a swordsman | Fightin' makes me horny

Spoils
2 lbs of Coffee
Iron Longsword x2
Heavy Iron Mace x1
Longspear (Iron) x1
1 Gold Ring
Various wilderness survival gear (30 Gold Mizas worth)

Comments
Eww, icky cooties in this thread! Just kidding. An interesting thread, and I like Aella's hesitation when it comes to Jaeden's gnosis and what it means to accept his actions when they are guided by it. I'm sorry this thread sat around for so long without being graded, but hopefully the results are worth it. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, you know the drill. Peace out!
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Previous