[The Labyrinth] Walk Down (Sitkanis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Tabarnac on September 8th, 2010, 4:41 am

1st Fall, 510 A.V.

It was night and the moon had not yet risen, but the stars burned with their pale fire in the sky, steady and hardly flickering on the dark throat of the sky. A bent figure appeared at the entrance of the Labyrinth, assisted by a straighter, presumably younger, person. Yet another awaited them with a sturdy mountain pony who whickered a welcome to the old contemplative. Though it was early yet in the season, the old man had a heavy blanket thrown over his shoulders. Winter came fast to these northern climes and in the dead of night, the seed was already planted.

The three seemed in no hurry to move. All things in their due time. A Denvali would easily recognize the Chaplain of Aquiras, for he was a wise and august man, who remembered clearly the days before Kenabelle Wright and her crew arrived as proof that they were not alone in the world any longer.

"Any revelations to share, Master Zahari?" asked the pony-tender. The old man said something quietly and all three of them laughed. It was a warm thing in the chill night, fit almost to banish the terrors of the wilds beyond.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on September 9th, 2010, 1:51 am

Sitkanis:

As the sky began to darken adgetation lined the edge of all of Sitkanis' actions. Leth was going to take his place in the sky and Sitkanis' Drykas body be like a shadow, a part of him but completely unseen. Sitkanis was a man torn. What was stronger, his love for Leth or the comfort of being in a familiar body? Although Sitkanis knew what the obvious answer should have been and he cursed himself for not coming to that conclusion instantly. He should have honored Leth and embraced his Ethaefal form but the pull of being himself constantly tugged at his heart. He he was comfortable with his tanned toned body and his deep brown eyes. Night always took his from him. The thoughts seemed to wrestle and rage in his mind, clashing and causing him to cringe. He needed to clear his head and he knew exactly where to go. 

His fall to Denval had only just taken place but he had heard whispers of a place called the labrynth. Weary and spiritual minds alike found their way there to meditate. Although Sitkanis was never one for mediation he still walked toward the labrynth in scearch of something to occupy his rushing mind. He would change soon and he wanted to be able to walk the winding paths in his Drykas form even if it was only for a short while. 

After walking for a bit the entrance to the labrynth was in sight. Sitkanis squinted as three figures appeared in his line of sight. Leth was still in his quiet convergence with Syna beyond the horizon. Sitkanis did not know how much longer the two would stay there in their lover's limbo but he was curious of the people. He did not expect anyone at the labrynth this late. He walked forward trying to resist the urge to look over his shoulder to see if Leth had risen from the horizon. He would know when he changed. One tended to noticed when they suddenly dropped six inches in height and suddenly grew horns.

As Sitkanis walked he clutched the bag on his back. Going up to these people was a stupid gamble. Leth was most likely holding to the last moments with his lover and when he showed his face the Drykas he was now would be gone. In his place a dark looking Ethaefal, drastically on the short side for his kind, would stand. Sitkanis found the rush of his stupid endevor fun but in truth it was completely reckless. What would the people think if a seemingly normal Drykas transformed in front of them? He ignored the thought and walked toward the labrynth. As he got closer he began to make out the people at the labrynth. One old and two younger. He was not sure how to approach them. He was a metaphoric ticking time bomb. He walked forward and gave the gathered men a respectful nod. "Good evening gentlemen." Sitkanis' voice was deep but held respect for the seemingly elderly man. He did not remember much but something had stuck with him into this new life. The elderly were to be respected deeply. Sitkanis' deep brown eyes looked over the man and then to his companions. "Its nights like this when one can really feel winter coming on." He was unsure what else to say to the men. He was starved for sentient conversation and but he was not the best convorastionalist. Still he tried to put off a friendly air. There was no harm in putting up a kind front.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on September 9th, 2010, 8:17 pm

The priest's attendants turned friendly enough gazes on the newcomer. Nobody in their right mind would attack the Chaplain of Aquiras in Denval, considered the holiest of men. Even the Captain was respectful of the old man, who had dandled her on his knee when she was small. The old man, too, smiled at Sitkanis but whereas his companions were surprised, he did not seem to be so.

"You're here," he said, by way of greeting. It was said with surety, as though he had known Sitkanis would come, but also with wonder, for the gods were alive and magic was afoot. The world was a wondrous place.

"Will you accompany me into the Labyrinth, son?" he asked.

His companions blinked, looking from the Chaplain to Sitkanis. They were used to the occasional mystical experience around him, but it was still startling. Zahari was always so present, when he suddenly became more than he was, it was like opening ones eyes upon mysteries shared. While Haimon had his marks of favor from Viratas, and even the Captain had her marks from Priskil where the goddess's thumbs had touched her hands while shaking them, Aquiras remained silent, slumbering. Where others knew their gods were listening, were aware, Zahari had only faith. And that, by contrast, was a strange thing.

"I'm old and I could use a strong arm in case I stumble."

His attendants didn't question him. Apparently, he had some business with SItkanis.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on September 10th, 2010, 2:26 am

Although Sitkanis expected a light nod, maybe even a quiet hello he did not expect an invitation to walk through the labyrinth with the man. Although Sitkanis was somewhat new to this world, at least this time around he knew that if an old man was flanked by two others who were drastically younger he was either senile or of high importance. By the way the man spoke he was obviously the latter. It did peak in interest in him that the man said "You're here" like he was expected to meet this man. It worried him a bit because he didn't even know why he was in Denval. He still had fleeting memories of the Ukalas but he couldn't remember anything about his past life except rushing fields of grass and horses. Everything else was buried deep down in his unconscious just waiting to be uncovered. Somewhere deep down Sitkanis was happy someone seemed to know why he was here.

It came as a surprise that the man wanted him to accompany him. Most people just gave him a moment's glance, a second glance at night when he was significantly more beautiful. No one welcomed him in and he knew why. He was not exactly the most friendly person at times. Still, he did not feel he could deny the man's request and truthfully he wanted to walk with him. "Of course." His eyes looked back at the horizon and he fought in his mind about whether he should tell the man about his quickly approaching predicament. He bit his lip and looked at the man. "I have to warn you. I won't look like this too long. When Leth is out I... change." He looked at the man for any sign of fear although the man did not seem to be one to judge. Sitkanis was more wary of the old man's companions. They did not speak but Sitkanis knew they were wondering. They had every right to. What in the name of Leth was a Drykas doing all the way out in Denval anyway? "I just wanted to let you know so you were not shocked when I suddenly get shorter and my hair turns silver." Sitkanis knew it was just a few chimes before the big show. He was not sure how he could deal with the change. He had never transformed in front of someone before. He was silently sedating whether he would run when Leth appeared or just let the change take hold right there in the labrynth. Both scenerios were sketchy but he knew that when the time come and Leth departed from his meeting with Syna he would have moments to choose. Sitkanis had never been much of a planner. He was a man of action and spontenaity. Whether that was good or bad was still a pressing matter and he was sure this meeting would be a time at with it would be tested.

As they walked Sitkanis shot careful glances at the man's companions. He was not too scared of them, he worried that they saw him as a threat. He tried to focus his Djed to read them but as soon as the colorful lights of their auras appeared they seemed to wane once again. Sitkanis clearly was not ready to try to read two people at once. He set his focus on the old man and tried one more time. Calm colors seemed to swim around him with no traces of fear. It made Sitkanis happy that at least one person I'm the group was not aprehensive of him. "Sir, if I may ask, when I walked up you almost seemed like you were expecting me. Correct me if I am wrong of course." Sitkanis was trying to unearth all of his more polite traits for the man. His normal standoffish introverted additude would get him no where with the man and for the first time since his fall he did not want to show his less appealing behaviors. Especially to someone who instantly accepted him, no questions asked. That was a brave thing and he honored it. Not many people were safe anymore but it seemed to Sitkanis that the man could see there was no malinent in him. He just had to show the two younger men. Although Sitkanis did not like to show it, he often worried what people thought of him.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on September 10th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Holy or not, Chaplain Zahari was used to getting his way. It was wise of Sitkanis to humor him, and soon the old man had Sitkanis' arm in a friendly grasp, not relying on him all that much, but pretending to so his acolytes would rest assured that he wouldn't stub his toe or break his hip or something while they waited with his pony. Once they were inside the labyrinth, he patted Sitkanis' arm reassuringly.

"I know, I know. You see, I saw you fall out of the sky. I have just been waiting for you to find me. Let's stop so you can change."

He stopped, and would wait for Leth to work His magic upon the ethaefal, whether he was shocked by Zahari's pronouncement or not. He would look away if the man was modest, or observe the change out of curiosity if he could.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on September 10th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Someone had seen him fall. It was an odd feeling knowing that someone had seen him just drop out of the sky. He had just assumed that he rejoined the world unnoticed. Slipping into the waves without any notice from the world around him. Someone had noticed and he was right there holding onto Sitkanis' arm. It was a bit like being around someone who had seen you naked. He had been exposed and not in control. Someone knew about his fall though, it had really happened even if he had wished it hadn't.

As the old man stepped back to let Sitkanis transform. He looked back and sure enough Leth was creeping into the sky. He did not mind if the man watched as he changed. It was just awkward to start to drop in size in front of someone. Sitkanis looked down at his hand to see what looked like glitter seemed to creep up his arm and spread across his body like a beautiful infectious disease, engulfing every inch of his body with the sparkling lights. He closed his eyes as he felt himself getting closer to the ground as his body dropped down it is night time height. His hair grew longer and silver until it fell over his eyes. When his eyes opened again they were a light purple. He looked at the man and gave him a small smile. "One moment, let me just change my shirt. It would be nice if I did not shrink at night." He dropped his bag from his shoulders and pulled his shirt off. It looked like he was wearing a shirt that could have been his father's or even an older brother's. It was fitted for a man taller than him, or at least taller than his was now. He took another shirt from his bag and pulled it on. He decided to leave his pants on but they looked quite baggy on him. He had no choice to go barefoot. He had not yet gotten a chance to buy a second pair of shoes and his shoes would not fit him now.

As Sitkanis looked up at Zahari he had to brush his now longer bangs out of his face. He walked over to his side and tugged at his pants. "I'm still getting used to this." He was sure the chaplain was aware of that. It was painfully obvious that Sitkanis was not very comfortable with this form. He was still a bit awkward because he was six inches shorter than he was during the day. "Well this is me, night version that is. I am Sitkanis by the way." He was surprised that he had not introduced himself sooner. "Shall we continue our walk sir? He was unsure of how he should act. He knew he had to be respectful but at times he found it hard to be formal. Not because he did not know how, he was just more comfortable with casual talk. He was excited for this walk though. He felt like talking to this man would give him some answers. If not that at least some meaningful conversation. Either outcome was good in his eyes. He just needed some grounding to know he was actually there and not just in some crazy dream. He still found it hard to believe he was back.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on September 12th, 2010, 7:28 am

Zahari did have a habit of making people feel vulnerable. His old, rheumy eyes saw too much, and his wit was sharp and wicked when he wanted it to be. When Sitkanis had transformed and spoken, he replied, probably too earthy for any other holy man, but he could only be himself.

"I'm sure only you and the ladies mind the shrinkage," he noted with a deadpan expression.

As soon as Sitkanis had arranged himself, Zahari claimed his arm again. The began to walk further into the labyrinth. To some, merely walking in that prescribed shape was a form of meditation. Others merely walked to the center in order to begin their meditations. Zahari might claim that there were levels and levels of consciousness, of meditation, and a myriad of ways to find them. For him, every moment was full of prayer, but not all of them were spoken. Some were walked, others were dreamed, or eaten or pissed or coughed or anything.

His whole life was a prayer to the sleeping god who did not answer, or at least in no way any other person could prove. But it didn't matter to Zahari. He had faith.

"I'm Zahari," he said simply, continuing their journey inward with Sitkanis' permission. "You'll find a person can get used to almost anything, given the right circumstances and enough time. But when we get to the center of the Labyrinth, I will show you from where you fell, and we can discuss things. It is a beautiful night and your patron rises to his glory."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on September 12th, 2010, 9:24 pm

It surprised Sitkanis that Zahari was so down to earth. It was calming to see though. Sitkanis knew that he had to respectful but maybe there was room for a little relaxation in his formal speech. He felt the man take a hold of his arm again and their walk continued. It was a lot easier to walk with Zahari now that he was shorter. Although Sitkanis liked being six feet fall it was hard at times when he was around shorter people. He relinquished a small smile at the height remark. In all honesty he was sure the girls had no problem with his night form. It was more appealing to the girls, although he wished it wasn't. "I'm sure the ladies don't mind my shorter form to much. Something about the Ethaefallen beauty and all that." He smiled to show he was joking. He was trying to make light of his situation. It helped to ease his embarrassment but he still felt odd after changing in front of the man.

As the walk went on Sitkanis looked for things to say. He was not sure what to say to Zahari. He had been gone for such a long time and he had no idea what he should talk about. He thought about what the man had said about people getting used to things. He was not sure he could. He did not feel like he could get used to this day and night changing but he have to. It was how life was now.

When the two reached the center of the labyrinth Sitkanis was actually excited to hear what the man had to say. He wanted some confirmation as to why he was here in Denval. He looked up at Leth longingly. He wanted to go home but home was farther away that he could ever imagine.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on September 17th, 2010, 3:42 pm

"Well, well, well," he said when they arrived at the center of the labyrinth. Though leaning slightly on Sitkanis, he still managed to lead the celestial being to the bench where they could sit, talk, and stargaze. Tonight the meditation garden smelled of honeysuckle and rosemary, with lighter traces of other herbs and flowers underneath that, sometimes heightened by a stray breeze.

"Generally we keep quiet here in deference to the meditations of others, but it is just you, me, and Leth tonight. Hm. You probably know better than I do whether he enjoys conversation or silence more.

"So. Here you are. In Denval of all places. We love it, but I am sure it does not compare to the Ukalas."

With that, he fell silent. He wasn't one to give unasked for advice unless his joints were aching with the winter cold. From time to time, he would even pray for Aquiras to wake up in order to open a gate from here to someplace warm like fabled Ahnatep, but such was not to be his fate.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sitkanis on September 28th, 2010, 11:07 pm

The Ukalas, even their memory seemed to be fading as the days went on. Everything seemed to be fading lately. At the mention of Leth's name Sitkanis smiled. He missed his quiet deity almost like an estranged friend. All he had were the memories and no contact except when Leth's light changed him form a Drykas to his night time form.

The wind blew at Sitkanis' and he rubbed his hands up and down his arms. "It is much different from the Ukalas, at least from what I can remember. I really like Denval though." As much as he did not want to admit it he really did like Denval. "Although, I wish there were more girls. I have not seen one since the night I fell." He trailed off as he remembered the girl he had threatened the night he fell. He was not used to his night time body and he was scared. He never meant to scare her. Sitkanis mulled over the thought of her and then looked at Zahari. "So tell me, have you met others like me? I met one before but it was very brief." Poor E'adrix, he had not meant to threaten her. She was just a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets